The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by malchior »

Twitter made a mistake engaging instead of just banning. They can't win at this game. Anyway, chalk all this up to opening another front on the war against truth. When this is over, if it ends in 'our' favor, we need to chase these jackals out of public life forever.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I wonder if any of these clowns are aware that highlighting things that are just as bad as TrumpTwitter, only highlights what a piece of shit Trump is on Twitter.

Like, the counter to all of this is “yes, Twitter should deal with this in addition to dealing with Trump.”

This is such childish garbage. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
malchior

Post by malchior »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am I wonder if any of these clowns are aware that highlighting things that are just as bad as TrumpTwitter, only highlights what a piece of shit Trump is on Twitter.

Like, the counter to all of this is “yes, Twitter should deal with this in addition to dealing with Trump.”

It's way more important to show loyalty considering the grip he has on the party. If he loses, they'll all try to re-brand themselves as members of the resistance.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am I wonder if any of these clowns are aware that highlighting things that are just as bad as TrumpTwitter, only highlights what a piece of shit Trump is on Twitter.

Uhhuh, just like it struck me with the fact-checking incident earlier this week that no one is actually credibly suggesting that Trump's tweet was factually correct. The complaint is that Twitter shouldn't call out the bullshit, rather than that Trump isn't spewing bullshit.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:13 am The complaint is that Twitter shouldn't call out the bullshit, rather than that Trump isn't spewing bullshit.
Much like most defense of the administration the complaint shifts. If you try address Twitter's actions, then the complaint is that Trump isn't spewing bullshit. If you try to address Trump then the complaint is that Twitter shouldn't be censoring speech. Yes censor.

You can see one example of this on my wall from one person, who actually tries to be reasonable and I still don't know how to talk to. If you could see what my wall sees, even after the great culling of 2015. I can't do it any more. I don't even want to see the complainers any more. I don't know to talk or listen. I'm at extreme failure.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:23 am I can't do it any more. I don't even want to see the complainers any more. I don't know to talk or listen. I'm at extreme failure.
I have had to significantly step down engagement, as well.

Have I ever mentioned that we're totally fucked?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I'm at a total loss as to what to do anymore. There's so many people that are still dry humping this idiot on my feed. The one guy I know who isn't a dumb person constantly posts about not wearing masks. I'm just dumbfounded at this point. My wife told me to not post any comments on FB, but I have failed at that. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Have I ever mentioned that we're totally fucked?
That anxiety is getting very strong right now. From gnawing the back of mind to trying to become debilitating strong.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Now that wearing/not wearing a mask is a political statement, I'm glad to be on the team with masks.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:45 pm Now that wearing/not wearing a mask is a political statement, I'm glad to be on the team with masks.
Only masks are more to protect others than yourself. I'm glad my association with non mask wearers is involuntary and I can make every effort to stay away from them.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It's the civil unrest of the 1960s all over again, except Free Hateful Tweets instead of Free Love.

At least Nixon took responsibility for Watergate by resigning. No way Trump does the same.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
malchior

Post by malchior »

Trump was going to give a speech at 2...supposedly about Minnesota. He just rolled out at 2:50 and started talking about China. He is also slurring quite badly. This guy is a total mess.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Stupid me. I watched When Tigers Broke Free (from the Wall) and I'm crying.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Gruber, re: Zuck's latest instance being a slimeball: https://daringfireball.net/linked/2020/ ... berg-trump
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:11 pm Gruber, re: Zuck's latest instance being a slimeball: https://daringfireball.net/linked/2020/ ... berg-trump
He strikes me as often being overmatched. Scared kid with a shitload of money and pull. He may be a slimeball too but he's not of the inner circle just yet.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Zaxxon wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:11 pm Gruber, re: Zuck's latest instance being a slimeball: https://daringfireball.net/linked/2020/ ... berg-trump
He strikes me as often being overmatched. Scared kid with a shitload of money and pull. He may be a slimeball too but he's not of the inner circle just yet.
Agreed. You have to wonder the effect Facebook's continued non-action is having on the folks who actually work there.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Octavious wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am Ya I'm at a total loss as to what to do anymore. There's so many people that are still dry humping this idiot on my feed. The one guy I know who isn't a dumb person constantly posts about not wearing masks. I'm just dumbfounded at this point. My wife told me to not post any comments on FB, but I have failed at that. :lol:
Quit. I pulled the plug on FB a couple of years ago and Life is much better. I do Twitter but don't follow /engage with people I know IRL.
You're the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dam
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump putting the T'rump' in the WH since 2016
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
morlac

Post by morlac »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 pm
But he wants to be soo bad. That is the problem.
morlac

Post by morlac »

GungHo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 am
Octavious wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am Ya I'm at a total loss as to what to do anymore. There's so many people that are still dry humping this idiot on my feed. The one guy I know who isn't a dumb person constantly posts about not wearing masks. I'm just dumbfounded at this point. My wife told me to not post any comments on FB, but I have failed at that. :lol:
Quit. I pulled the plug on FB a couple of years ago and Life is much better. I do Twitter but don't follow /engage with people I know IRL.
Done. Not that I was a very active participant (on any social media really besides reading tweets without an account) but I deleted my account anyhow. I found it odd they didn't ask why. I have never cancelled anything without a popup questionnaire.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

morlac wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:21 pm
Done. Not that I was a very active participant (on any social media really besides reading tweets without an account) but I deleted my account anyhow. I found it odd they didn't ask why. I have never cancelled anything without a popup questionnaire.
Disabling this weekend. Not quitting. I'm waiting to exchange email/numbers with a couplefew people. Then I'll go dark for???? Through election season? I dunno yet.
Enough

Post by Enough »

MAGA Night? Really? OMG, we are so boned.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
morlac

Post by morlac »

LordMortis wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:32 pm
Disabling this weekend. Not quitting. I'm waiting to exchange email/numbers with a couplefew people. Then I'll go dark for???? Through election season? I dunno yet.
You can download whatever you want before deleting. Contacts, comments, pictures etc. I only kept the pictures and then nuked the rest. I have gotten more pain from Facebook than pleasure before realizing nobody was making me participate.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I signed up for Facebook because of Covid. Some local businesses don't have a web presence and the only way I could get info and stay in touch was through Facebook.

I only sign in to go to those business pages and even then it's a mess to try to find the info I'm actually looking for.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Enough wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:45 pm MAGA Night? Really? OMG, we are so boned.
"Can I get some broken glass? Wha-what!!"

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

It galls me that Trump is going to claim credit for today's launch.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's facebook. They already know plus they don't care.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:03 pm
It's facebook. They already know plus they don't care.
Disabled but not deleted today. We'll see how long I stay away. It sucks to let it go but I just can't see my feed not getting worse and worse between now and November and maybe longer.
malchior

Post by malchior »

BTW - #anonymous is back - and they just dumped out a list of supposed legal settlements of underage Trump sexual assault/trafficking allegations and a huge Epstein doc dump. Names. Times. Dates. Amounts. HOLLLLLLY SHIT. It could all be bullshit but...fuck...if its true it makes so many things make sense. Maybe it isn't just the darkest timeline. It is the seediest.

*REDACTED Twitter Image - it displayed a list of names of minors, ages, dates, times, alleged abuse, and settlement amounts. Many of them took place at various Trump properties. If this is true, then it is doxxing minors who were sexually abused and I have wrestled back and forth on this. It seems wrong to propagate it in those circumstances. If you want to see it, it is out there. I hope someone is investigating this though.*

Dumping out Epstein's supposed contact list.

Last edited by malchior on Sun May 31, 2020 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thanks, Russia.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

LordMortis wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:32 pm Disabling this weekend. Not quitting. I'm waiting to exchange email/numbers with a couplefew people. Then I'll go dark for???? Through election season? I dunno yet.
I pulled the plug this weekend. Deleted, not just disabled. I've been considering it for awhile but this latest from Zuckerberg is the last straw. I won't miss the stream of updates from people I barely knew 30 years ago. I'll miss some of the music notifications and groups but Facebook is no longer something I want to support.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The Epstein list I’m seeing made public is supposedly his address book, i.e. his list of contacts. He was known to be famously obsessive about meeting celebs and making their acquaintance, so it’s unlikely that it implicates anyone in anything.

For example, on the list are Elie Wiesel and Ralph Ellison, who are really quite unlikely to have been hanging out on Epstein’s sex island in their 70s and 80s.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:28 am The Epstein list I’m seeing made public is supposedly his address book, i.e. his list of contacts. He was known to be famously obsessive about meeting celebs and making their acquaintance, so it’s unlikely that it implicates anyone in anything.

For example, on the list are Elie Wiesel and Ralph Ellison, who are really quite unlikely to have been hanging out on Epstein’s sex island in their 70s and 80s.
Agreed. More it is evidence they were able to get non-public Epstein material somehow. The list of settlements is the real prize. It makes a ton of other behaviors make sense. Perhaps he knew or profited from Epstein's trafficking ring? Maybe that is part of what the Russians have on him? It raises a ton of questions and I sincerely hope someone is running it down.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

malchior wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:32 am
Holman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:28 am The Epstein list I’m seeing made public is supposedly his address book, i.e. his list of contacts. He was known to be famously obsessive about meeting celebs and making their acquaintance, so it’s unlikely that it implicates anyone in anything.

Agreed. More it is evidence they were able to get non-public Epstein material somehow. The list of settlements is the real prize. It makes a ton of other behaviors make sense. Perhaps he knew or profited from Epstein's trafficking ring? Maybe that is part of what the Russians have on him? It raises a ton of questions and I sincerely hope someone is running it down.

Gosh, I sure hope we don't find out that our president is a scumbag.

But I'm sure the redhats will be fine with whatever.
It kind of amazes me to think that trump actually fears anything that anyone might have on him. How epically fn awful must that dirt be to scare him? And why does he think his minions would believe it anyway? They don't believe anything negative about him now; there would have to be ironclad, muli-sourced info that damns him. And if such a thing existed, we'd have seen it already
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The only thing that would surprise me about Trump is if there was a nice guy human being hiding underneath it all. And I dont expect Ill ever be surprised at Trump then.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Trump is really, really good at being Trump. From January until now there have been many opportunities for him to step up and redeem himself and he has deftly avoided each and every one of them.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Good to see he's figured out a way to be Trump during the pandemic, here in NJ in a few weeks:
President Donald Trump is returning to his Bedminster golf club next month for a re-election fundraising event that will be different than any other.

First, the $250,000 per person event will be held outdoors only after the venue is cleaned and sanitized. Then every guest will be tested for the coronavirus on the day of the event, fill out a health questionnaire, and have to pass a temperature screening before being allowed in.

Only then will they be allowed to attend. And only around 25 people will be able to come.
A few days earlier:
On June 11, the president has a fundraising event scheduled for a private home in Dallas, which carries a price tag of $580,600 per couple and will also have a guest list of about 25 people.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

malchior wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:16 am If this is true, then it is doxxing minors who were sexually abused and I have wrestled back and forth on this. It seems wrong to propagate it in those circumstances. If you want to see it, it is out there. I hope someone is investigating this though.*
I can’t envision any scenario in which exposing underage victims of sexual assault like this would be justified.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:09 pm
malchior wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:16 am If this is true, then it is doxxing minors who were sexually abused and I have wrestled back and forth on this. It seems wrong to propagate it in those circumstances. If you want to see it, it is out there. I hope someone is investigating this though.*
I can’t envision any scenario in which exposing underage victims of sexual assault like this would be justified.
Right. It's already been published was where I was and being spread around widely. I had posted it without thinking through the doxxing element. Then it was an internal monologue about whether posting it here was really more exposure? The answer is not really but any more exposure is bad.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Trump's photo op right now is absurd. WTF?

Holding a Bible in front of the smoke damaged (not burned down) church. It's like a model shoot with a fat oaf. Now grabbed his entourage and walking around?

They tear gassed protestors to clear a stage for him, he preened for a few minutes and left.

The fuck, he has lost it. We have lost it.

MYT