The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by $iljanus »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:52 am
Our batshit crazy President wrote:Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!
Seeing on CNN in big bold letters "TRUMP: BIDEN WOULD GO DOWN FAST AND HARD" is kind of disturbing to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that between two consenting adults of course.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Some context on the Biden-Trump exchange:
Biden’s remarks came earlier this week at the University of Miami, where he reiterated to students comments he had made on the 2016 campaign trail after the publication of Trump’s “Access Hollywood” tape, wherein the current president can be heard bragging about how his celebrity status allowed him to sexually assault women without consequence.

"A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, 'I can grab a woman anywhere and she likes it,'" Biden said last Tuesday, according to ABC News. "They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said 'no.' I said, 'If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.'"
That kind of a talk is beneath your dignity, Joe, although the high-school qualifier helps a little.

But I'll lay you 100-to-1 odds that *this* is what really set Trump off:
"I've been in a lot of locker rooms my whole life," the former vice president continued. "I'm a pretty damn good athlete. Any guy that talked that way was usually the fattest, ugliest S.O.B. in the room."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Cadet Bone Spurs bragging about how so totally fast he'd be able to beat up former VP Biden is surreal. This is literally the kind of puffed chest bombast I expect out of kids and drunks at bars, but there's the President doing the same thing.

And of course, there's a big portion of his followers that think it's great that we've finally got a big, tough President who can take a guy down in a fight.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'd buy the pay per view if Biden and Trump agreed to a cage fight. I'd even offer to train Biden. Just a lot of cardio so he can run Trump in circles until the fat orange Cheetos's chest explodes.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Rip

Post by Rip »

Chaz wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 am Cadet Bone Spurs bragging about how so totally fast he'd be able to beat up former VP Biden is surreal. This is literally the kind of puffed chest bombast I expect out of kids and drunks at bars, but there's the President doing the same thing.

And of course, there's a big portion of his followers that think it's great that we've finally got a big, tough President who can take a guy down in a fight.
Captain Bone SPurs meets Captain Asthma.

Battle of the blowhard sissies.

Should be a hoot.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Chaz wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 am Cadet Bone Spurs bragging about how so totally fast he'd be able to beat up former VP Biden is surreal. This is literally the kind of puffed chest bombast I expect out of kids and drunks at bars, but there's the President doing the same thing.

What saddens me is that the bar has been set so low by Drumpf that Biden's comments seem somewhat reasonable. Biden should regret making the school comment but it's still no where near as bad as the sitting President's public response.
Last edited by Scraper on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTE
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Holman wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 am That kind of a talk is beneath your dignity, Joe
We're talking about Joe Biden, right?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Is there a link to Biden's comments? As usual, Trump tweeted about something while assuming that everyone saw the thing he's ranting about.

Never mind, found it.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Scraper wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:49 am

What saddens me is that the bar has been set so low by Trump that Biden's comments seem someone reasonable. Biden should regret making the school comment but it's still no where near as bad as the sitting President's public response.
Thing is, Trump will respond to any insult with his standard impotent bluster. Snoop Dogg could call him a sissy and challenge him to a fight and Trump would take the bait. He would try to bring the Office of the president to bear.

Biden was trolling.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chaz wrote:Is there a link to Biden's comments? As usual, Trump tweeted about something while assuming that everyone saw the thing he's ranting about.

Never mind, found it.
It’s the rip method.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 am
Holman wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 am That kind of a talk is beneath your dignity, Joe
We're talking about Joe Biden, right?
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Hodor.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Has Trump made any statement at all about the Austin bombings? What about the amazing job the FBI and other federal law enforcement agents did in identifying and taking out the bomber? IF he had any decency whatsoever, he’d at least tweet out some props to the FBI on a job well done, especially considering the amount of abuse he’s piled on that agency recently.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Kurth wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 amHas Trump made any statement at all about the Austin bombings?
There's no easy way to pat himself on the back for that, so no.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kurth wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 am Has Trump made any statement at all about the Austin bombings? What about the amazing job the FBI and other federal law enforcement agents did in identifying and taking out the bomber? IF he had any decency whatsoever, he’d at least tweet out some props to the FBI on a job well done, especially considering the amount of abuse he’s piled on that agency recently.
POTUS wrote:AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD. Great job by law enforcement and all concerned!
That's it.

Law & order don't have no time to waste on condolences or assertions of shared values.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Holman wrote:
Kurth wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 am Has Trump made any statement at all about the Austin bombings? What about the amazing job the FBI and other federal law enforcement agents did in identifying and taking out the bomber? IF he had any decency whatsoever, he’d at least tweet out some props to the FBI on a job well done, especially considering the amount of abuse he’s piled on that agency recently.
POTUS wrote:AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD. Great job by law enforcement and all concerned!
That's it.

Law & order don't have no time to waste on condolences or assertions of shared values.
Well it's not like the bomber was a Jihadist or an illegal immigrant. Violent white loners are a bit beyond his tool box of Twitter responses.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Love it. Suspect is dead. Great job! What is the punishment for being suspected of colluding with foreign interest to undermine American Governance?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Thanks LM. That was bothering me too.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:46 pm Love it. Suspect is dead. Great job! What is the punishment for being suspected of colluding with foreign interest to undermine American Governance?
Suspected? None, at least in the current(?) USA.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hard to figure out which thread to put this in, but this is as good as any.

Trump's decision to impose $50 billion in annual tariffs against Chinese products sent the stock market tumbling today, with the Dow down almost 700 points (close to a 3% drop) on the news. The other major indices also went down almost 2.5%.

I have noticed that Trump's crowing about how wonderful the stock market is doing has pretty much ceased since he's started wreaking havoc on the markets with his trade policies.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:38 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:46 pm Love it. Suspect is dead. Great job! What is the punishment for being suspected of colluding with foreign interest to undermine American Governance?

My bad. Let me rephrase, your honor. If law enforcement is doing a great job by ending up with a dead bombing suspect, what kind of job would they be doing in if they ended up with a dead colluding with foreign interest to undermine American Governance suspect?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:17 pm Hard to figure out which thread to put this in, but this is as good as any.

Trump's decision to impose $50 billion in annual tariffs against Chinese products sent the stock market tumbling today, with the Dow down almost 700 points (close to a 3% drop) on the news. The other major indices also went down almost 2.5%.

I have noticed that Trump's crowing about how wonderful the stock market is doing has pretty much ceased since he's started wreaking havoc on the markets with his trade policies.
No shit. Last I remember it was all about how great a weak dollar is and how great and easy it is to win a trade war against our closest allies.

I must admit though, he's creating enough of a correction that I might find a way to increase my holdings soon.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:38 pm

My bad. Let me rephrase, your honor. If law enforcement is doing a great job by ending up with a dead bombing suspect, what kind of job would they be doing in if they ended up with a dead colluding with foreign interest to undermine American Governance suspect?
Well, he generally does have a cellphone in his hand... maybe Sacramento Police will think it's a gun (though he isn't black, so...).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It wasn't just the China tariff - it was the completely moronic assertion that this one was 'first of many'. He is panicking the market. They are probably finally pricing in that a tax cut was worth less than a global trade war. One that has no chance of success on top.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:29 pm It wasn't just the China tariff - it was the completely moronic assertion that this one was 'first of many'. He is panicking the market. They are probably finally pricing in that a tax cut was worth less than a global trade war. One that has no chance of success on top.
What do you mean? I have heard that trade wars are good and easy to win.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, he did learn the word, 'reciprocal' today.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Doubtful. If that's all it took for him to learn big words, he would probably use them more.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I didn't say that he'd retain it. :coffee:
Holman

Post by Holman »

McMaster is out. Bolton is in.
Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the battle-tested Army officer tapped as President Trump’s national security adviser last year to stabilize a turbulent foreign policy operation, will resign and be replaced by John R. Bolton, a hard-line former United States ambassador to the United Nations, White House officials said Thursday.
Enlarge Image

Sarah Sanders wrote:Just spoke to @POTUS and Gen. H.R. McMaster - contrary to reports they have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC.
(That was one week ago.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish someone would .....oh never mind...brainless twat isn't worth it.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo: Andrew McCabe speaks
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm WaPo: Andrew McCabe speaks
I can't read it. I can imagine what it would be like to see a decades long career and dedication to his country end by a petty tyrant who gloats about it, and I feel sick to my stomach.

Sins like this are what most illustrate drumpf's lack of humanity, not his stupid policies, what there are of them, or his campaign rhetoric.

He's a monster with no introspection, insight or humanity. Even his children are just reflections of himself.

If he would have remained a stupid reality tv personality I could content myself with disliking him. That he had the gall to think he was fit for the highest office in the land, and that the American people agreed with him, is a crime I never in my lifetime expected. It's an insult to every other president, Democrat or Republican (yes even Nixon) that has come and gone, but especially to Obama, as Drumpf has singled him out for his petty retributions.

I hope when his time comes, he goes out screaming.

I really, really dislike this guy.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Open in Incognito Mode is your friend.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Bad enough that 5% would agree with Trump..but 50% is downright shameful.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 am Open in Incognito Mode is your friend.
No, I meant I can't read it because it will piss me off that a hardworking, patriotic man's retirement could be destroyed by a single act of a petty conman who honors nothing, not even himself.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

To be fair, that’s kind of hard to interpret from your first response.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sure.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump moving forward on banning transgenders from military service.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/politics ... index.html
malchior

Post by malchior »

That is how the law works right? You announce a ban out of thin air. The Courts rule against it and then you reverse engineer the ban so that it doesn't fit in the ruling. Seems to be on the up and up.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This just in from bizarro land. In a Fox News article about Trump not wanting to be blamed for a potential shutdown, we have this:
But the alternative – which some White House aides reportedly said would have included shouldering much of the blame for another government shutdown – didn’t appeal to the president either.

“F--- that,” Trump reportedly said when faced with the option, sources told the Wall Street Journal.

The president's profane candor could signal what some observers say is Trump's increasing confidence on the job and growing trust in his instincts after 14 months in the Oval Office.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Because of the $700 & $716 Billion Dollars gotten to rebuild our Military, many jobs are created and our Military is again rich. Building a great Border Wall, with drugs (poison) and enemy combatants pouring into our Country, is all about National Defense. Build WALL through M!
Did he have a stroke?