The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Also possible, good call. I mean, I know he's a moron, but his laser-focused insistence on The Wall(tm) is beyond reason. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with keeping campaign promises or improving his approval ratings with his base because he's eerily fixated on this project. Maybe he thinks it'll have Trump branding on it and it'll be around long after he's gone. Or maybe it's the last ditch effort of a racist septuagenarian to save America as he's looking at the clock. I'm at a loss.
I think it's more likely an ego thing, feeding into his real estate developer personality. "I have the tallest building. I have the best hotels. I have quality resorts. I have the best wall."

If there was proof of malfeasance however, that would just be the icing on this shit cake of a presidency and of course it can be both ego and corruption!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

And I could also imagine agents of Putin feeding Trump's ego by showing him clips of Sicario, knowing the financial boondoggle would cause problems for us. In the same way that Osama Bin Laden knew he couldn't "out fight" the American military, perhaps part of Putin's strategy is to screw with our financials.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:09 pm Also possible, good call. I mean, I know he's a moron, but his laser-focused insistence on The Wall(tm) is beyond reason. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with keeping campaign promises or improving his approval ratings with his base because he's eerily fixated on this project. Maybe he thinks it'll have Trump branding on it and it'll be around long after he's gone. Or maybe it's the last ditch effort of a racist septuagenarian to save America as he's looking at the clock. I'm at a loss.
He doesn't want the Wall built. He wants the possibility of the Wall talked/argued/screamed about.

He ran on racism. Arguing about the Wall allows him to continue to run on racism, generating talking points and TV coverage at no cost and no chance of failure.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:36 pm And I could also imagine agents of Putin feeding Trump's ego by showing him clips of Sicario, knowing the financial boondoggle would cause problems for us. In the same way that Osama Bin Laden knew he couldn't "out fight" the American military, perhaps part of Putin's strategy is to screw with our financials.
It would be a huge boondoggle, but I seriously doubt it would have any impact on America's finances in the way you're implying. As others have pointed out, the military could sneeze out without noticing the $5B needed to get the ball rolling, and could keep on doing so for decades to come. And that's only if you want the military budget to pay for it. I'm sure congress could find the money somewhere.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:19 pm
Smoove_B wrote:Also possible, good call. I mean, I know he's a moron, but his laser-focused insistence on The Wall(tm) is beyond reason. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with keeping campaign promises or improving his approval ratings with his base because he's eerily fixated on this project. Maybe he thinks it'll have Trump branding on it and it'll be around long after he's gone. Or maybe it's the last ditch effort of a racist septuagenarian to save America as he's looking at the clock. I'm at a loss.
I think it's more likely an ego thing, feeding into his real estate developer personality. "I have the tallest building. I have the best hotels. I have quality resorts. I have the best wall."

If there was proof of malfeasance however, that would just be the icing on this shit cake of a presidency and of course it can be both ego and corruption!
I'd say it's 50% that he wants to win, 30% he's genuinely afraid of large numbers of brown people and thinks a wall would stop them; and 20% he's worried about running for reelection without having fulfilled his most famous campaign promise.
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:08 pm
$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:19 pm

I'd say it's 50% that he wants to win, 30% he's genuinely afraid of large numbers of brown people and thinks a wall would stop them; and 20% he's worried about running for reelection without having fulfilled his most famous campaign promise.
If I can play the role of a pop psychologist, Trump has an overriding fear of just being wrong and acts like a little boy who tells one lie after another to cover for the first lie.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Why is anyone surprised by the complete fiction Trump lives in on a daily basis? Why do people keep seeming shocked by him?

Trump's presidency is like a political Norovirus, and we're all stuck on the same cruise ship with malfunctioning bathrooms.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In spite of the fact that the entire testimony was immediately made public AND was televised, Trump is insisting that the intel chiefs were misquoted and taken out of context. He now believes they agree with him 100 percent.

Jesus H. Christ, I mean...really? It's like watching a nine year old with crumbs on his face and a half eaten cookie in one hand deny he ate a cookie.

I want the entire GOP burnt to the ground and its ashes ground up and mixed in with the cocaine that Trump Jr. snorts every night off the ass of a prostitute that Melania hired from her old agency.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:22 am In spite of the fact that the entire testimony was immediately made public AND was televised, Trump is insisting that the intel chiefs were misquoted and taken out of context. He now believes they agree with him 100 percent.
Oh, those intel chiefs, for a second there I thought he was going after computer processors.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
raydude

Post by raydude »

Paingod wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:57 am Why is anyone surprised by the complete fiction Trump lives in on a daily basis? Why do people keep seeming shocked by him?

Trump's presidency is like a political Norovirus, and we're all stuck on the same cruise ship with malfunctioning bathrooms.
To continue your analogy the posts and articles are not coughs of surprise, they are projectile vomits of disgust.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Do you think he remembers last month was the worst December since 1931 (aka > 30 years!)?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Just him saying we have, by far, the strongest makes me sad to realize we likely have one of the weakest.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Pentagon to deploy 3,750 U.S. forces to border with Mexico
The Pentagon is sending 3,750 U.S. forces to the southwest border with Mexico for three months to provide additional support to customs and border agents, the Department of Defense said on Sunday.

The deployment will raise the total number of active duty forces supporting Customs and Border Protection agents there to approximately 4,350, it said. The additional units will be deployed for 90 days.
I wonder if they're bringing any heavy construction equipment.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hammers and nails and a LOT of plywood.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Axios claims to have obtained internal WH records of Trump's schedule for every day since the midterms.

It's 60% "executive time."
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Holman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 pm Axios claims to have obtained internal WH records of Trump's schedule for every day since the midterms.

That's a euphemism for "being on the throne", isn't it? :wink:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Defiant wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:10 am
Holman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 pm Axios claims to have obtained internal WH records of Trump's schedule for every day since the midterms.

Probably a fair split between that, hamberders in bed, and Fox News with mixed channel surfing to look for shark documentaries.
Black Lives Matter

Chaz

Post by Chaz »

The cynic in me says that executive time is cover for Trump wanting to do the actual job as little as possible, and mostly watching cable news and rage tweeting. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they're using the executive time label to paper over meetings and discussions about and with people that they don't want entered into the record. The realist in me says it's probably both.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Defiant wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:10 am

It it wasn't, it sure as hell is now.
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Chaz wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:57 am The cynic in me says that executive time is cover for Trump wanting to do the actual job as little as possible, and mostly watching cable news and rage tweeting. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they're using the executive time label to paper over meetings and discussions about and with people that they don't want entered into the record. The realist in me says it's probably both.
Remember that we're dealing with a president that sees his job as one that involves getting the highest ratings on TV and Twitter, and runs the White House like it's a season of Survivor. Executive time has got to be his free time. The man puts every other president to shame in terms of shirking job duties and taking vacations.
Black Lives Matter

Holman

Post by Holman »

Chaz wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:57 am The cynic in me says that executive time is cover for Trump wanting to do the actual job as little as possible, and mostly watching cable news and rage tweeting. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they're using the executive time label to paper over meetings and discussions about and with people that they don't want entered into the record. The realist in me says it's probably both.
It's both.

Insiders who've quit have been pretty consistent in saying that Trump watches TV and tweets and talks on the phone with celebrity friends all morning. At the very least, executive time also hides the president's meetings with his criminal defense lawyers.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

President's assistant: Mr. President, I have the head of NATO on line one. He wants to discuss plans for the INF withdrawal and how best to approach it on the international stage.

Trump: Meh.

President's assistant: I also have one of the contestants from Bachelor season 8 on the line. She wants to ask you what time it is here.

Trump: PUT HER THROUGH TO THE RED PHONE AND HOLD ALL MY CALLS!
Covfefe!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

In today's edition of This Probably Wouldn't Seem So Funny If It Was My Government They're Talking About, we observe that in addition to shutting down his own government, Trump still hasn't bothered starting up a significant portion of his own administration.
By any standard, Trump’s administration lags behind its predecessors when it comes to filling top posts throughout the government — even though the president’s party has controlled the Senate for his entire time in office. The Partnership for Public Service, which has tracked nominations as far back as 30 years, estimates that only 54 percent of Trump’s civilian executive-branch nominations have been confirmed, compared with 77 percent under President Barack Obama at the same point in his administration.

“The Trump administration is slower to fill jobs and has higher turnover than any administration we have records for,” said the group’s president and chief executive, Max Stier.

Republicans have largely blamed Senate Democrats for slowing down the consideration of executive-branch nominees.

But according to an analysis by the Partnership for Public Service and The Washington Post, the White House has not bothered to nominate people for 150 out of 705 Senate-confirmed positions.

Three departments are facing a particularly high number of vacancies: Only 41 percent of the Interior and Justice departments’ Senate-confirmed posts are filled, and just 43 percent of such positions have been filled at the Labor Department.

The third-highest-ranking position at the Justice Department — which, like the Interior Department, has been operating without a permanent secretary for weeks — has been vacant for nearly a year, with no nominee in sight.
All things being equal, I'm surprised that State didn't make the top three for vacancies.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That's what it looks like when you're not engaged in your job and/or want to cause as much damage as possible.

No better way to break everything than to not put people in place to stop things from breaking.
Black Lives Matter

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Very subtle.

I guess we should be impressed that he managed to recall a historical event?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Zaxxon wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:48 pm Very subtle.

He really missed the chance for a shout-out to Andrew Jackson there.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Donald Trump Jr wrote:Savage!!! Love my president.
Unfuckingbelievable.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Sadly this isn't even close to the bottom he and his POS brood have established.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:02 pm
Donald Trump Jr wrote:Savage!!! Love my president.
Unfuckingbelievable.
I can not access link. Whats it about?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Trump Jr. Instagrammed a screen of his daddy's tweet quoted by someone named Michael Malice (USSR-born troll and FOX phenom).

Malice said, "The Native American genocide continues with another murder by the president"

And Trump Jr. responded with his "Savage!!!" comment.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Did he, though? I assume that's what the capital TRAIL was about.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Wow. Just wow. That totally flew by me like missed exit on the expressway. I didn't understand Lawbeef's response at all. I threw away the CAPITALIZATION as Trump's nonsensical and inconsistent posting style, meaning I didn't even notice it.

Now it's clear as Bell's in daylight.

Wow. Just wow.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 am
Holman wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Did he, though? I assume that's what the capital TRAIL was about.
I mean, you know, as the hero of the whole episode.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The POTUS' health data is out!

He is said to be 6'3" and 243 pounds.

A year ago it was said to be 239 pounds, which was laughably unlikely. Since then, his chin has gone from bulldog to walrus, and he is visibly larger in the gut, but maybe that's all just MAGA.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Holman wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:58 pm The POTUS' health data is out!

He is said to be 6'3" and 243 pounds.
Obama is 6'1"

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

And 150 lb, apparently.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There is no goddamn way he's 243 pounds. I'd bet my entire life savings on it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:02 pm There is no goddamn way he's 243 pounds. I'd bet my entire life savings on it.
I'm 5'8" and currently 218 pounds or so, and I'm pretty athletic for someone my size.

No way Trump is 7 inches taller than me and only 25 pounds heavier than I am.
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump in the pic above looks positively svelte compared to recent images.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

His left asscheek weights 243 on its own.
Covfefe!