The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by ImLawBoy »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 pm Oh... My... God... I'm living in someone else's Total Recall (Take that ILB and hepcat!)
Which one of us is Kuato and which of us is the three breasted prostitute in this fever dream of yours?
My gut was actually nicknamed Kuato in college. I'm not even making that up.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 pm
No, you’re the puppet.
that the Russians have engaged in cyberattacks against the United States of America, that you encouraged espionage against our people, that you are willing to spout the Putin line, sign up for his wish list, break up NATO, do whatever he wants to do, and that you continue to get help from him, because he has a very clear favorite in this race.
So I think that this is such an unprecedented situation. We’ve never had a foreign government trying to interfere in our election. We have 17 — 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin and they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing.
We have 17 different intelligence agencies?! Why? That seems...excessive.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently, Trump's upcoming military parade is roughly revenue-neutral. #Winning

Trump's military parade expected to cost nearly as much as 'tremendously expensive' canceled war games
President Donald Trump's military parade in DC is likely to cost nearly as much as the now canceled military exercise with South Korea that Trump called "tremendously expensive" and said cost "a fortune," three US defense officials tell CNN.

The parade, which is now scheduled to take place on November 10, is currently estimated to cost approximately $12 million, the officials said. One official called the number "a planning figure," saying cost estimates could still change as planning develops.

"We save a fortune by not doing war games, as long as we are negotiating in good faith - which both sides are!" Trump tweeted in June following his meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore.

North Korea had long sought an end to the exercises, which it says are provocative. US military leaders have said the exercises are necessary to maintain the readiness of US troops in South Korea.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning told reporters earlier this month that the now-cancelled US-South Korea Freedom Guardian Exercise was estimated to cost approximately $14 million.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm We have 17 different intelligence agencies?! Why? That seems...excessive.
Sort of - the post 9/11 'intelligence agencies' are more like groups appended onto existing organizations. They aren't full blown-CIA level agencies. They collect information and develop intelligence products specific to certain functions. For example, Treasury has intelligence needs that don't overlap with say the Navy. One of the findings after 9/11 was that centralized intelligence products didn't always provide the context that experts in a field would bring so they created and attached these groups to important functions. It actually made a ton of sense.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

malchior wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:02 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm We have 17 different intelligence agencies?! Why? That seems...excessive.
Sort of - the post 9/11 'intelligence agencies' are more like groups appended onto existing organizations. They aren't full blown-CIA level agencies. They collect information and develop intelligence products specific to certain functions. For example, Treasury has intelligence needs that don't overlap with say the Navy. One of the findings after 9/11 was that centralized intelligence products didn't always provide the context that experts in a field would bring so they created and attached these groups to important functions. It actually made a ton of sense.
This report brought to you by the Committee to Evaluate Committee Counts.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:44 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 pm Oh... My... God... I'm living in someone else's Total Recall (Take that ILB and hepcat!)
Which one of us is Kuato and which of us is the three breasted prostitute in this fever dream of yours?
My gut was actually nicknamed Kuato in college. I'm not even making that up.
You're just trying to get hepcat to talk about his third nipple.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Technically I have 7. 4 of them are nonfunctional though.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Max Peck wrote:Apparently, Trump's upcoming military parade is roughly revenue-neutral. #Winning
I hope people boycott/protest the shit out of this thing. I know the right-wing media will spin that as liberals hating the military, but I don't care.
stessier

Post by stessier »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:17 pm
Max Peck wrote:Apparently, Trump's upcoming military parade is roughly revenue-neutral. #Winning
I hope people boycott/protest the shit out of this thing. I know the right-wing media will spin that as liberals hating the military, but I don't care.
If one could pull it off, it would be better to ignore it completely. Have them marching down empty streets.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:19 pm
If one could pull it off, it would be better to ignore it completely. Have them marching down empty streets.
I think the best would be to manage just one continuous "boo" the whole time the parade is going on.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This whole thing is to honor Trump. At least in his mind. I would hate to be the jizz mopper for his private box on that day, I'll tell ya.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 pm
I think the best would be to manage just one continuous "boo" the whole time the parade is going on.
That seems wrong for the military. Right for Trump but wrong for them, which is why he's using it. He's a piece of shit. I agree with ignoring them. I won't dishonor them but I won't honor an action to glorify the worst (and actual first whose heart and soul are legitimately in the wrong place) president in my lifetime's need to peacock for adulation. I don't owe the military that and they need to see that entitlement is an entitlement too far.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm I would hate to be the jizz mopper for his private box on that day, I'll tell ya.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

I think the military responded as best they could, they turned Trump’s “request” into an honoring of military veterans. Having it on the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 is a good idea.

Ideally there’d be a way for civilians to honor the military while giving the bird to Trump. But he’ll claim credit for any crowds.

Although, this is just after the 2018 election. A blue wave would be a lovely Fuck You to Trump.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 pm
That seems wrong for the military. Right for Trump but wrong for them, which is why he's using it. He's a piece of shit. I agree with ignoring them. I won't dishonor them but I won't honor an action to glorify the worst (and actual first whose heart and soul are legitimately in the wrong place) president in my lifetime's need to peacock for adulation. I don't owe the military that and they need to see that entitlement is an entitlement too far.
Hopefully it will sleet buckets and everyone is reminded why we don't spend $12M on random ego parades for our public servants.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Show up and take a knee.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
malchior

Post by malchior »

Now Trump is attacking the Fed for raising rates. I think they'll just ignore him. It is the right policy.

Edit: Bonus - an example about why he will go down as the most unfit President in history. He still doesn't understand how the job works. In remarkably fundamental ways.
“Now I’m just saying the same thing that I would have said as a private citizen,” Trump said, according to CNBC. “So somebody would say, ‘Oh, maybe you shouldn’t say that as president. I couldn’t care less what they say, because my views haven’t changed.”
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Edit: Bonus - an example about why he will go down as the most unfit President in history. He still doesn't understand how the job works. In remarkably fundamental ways.
“Now I’m just saying the same thing that I would have said as a private citizen,” Trump said, according to CNBC. “So somebody would say, ‘Oh, maybe you shouldn’t say that as president. I couldn’t care less what they say, because my views haven’t changed.”
The winners write history. Perhaps in a hundred years, under the reign of Viacheslav Trump Putin IV, those words will be the basis of the Edict of Automatic Oral Decree.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rip

Post by Rip »

malchior wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:08 pm Now Trump is attacking the Fed for raising rates. I think they'll just ignore him. It is the right policy.

Yet another things I disagree with him on. Rates hikes have been needed for quite some time.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

malchior wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:08 pm Now Trump is attacking the Fed for raising rates. I think they'll just ignore him. It is the right policy.

Now he is just frantically mashing the buttons hoping to pull off some kind of combo to save him.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

malchior wrote:Now Trump is attacking the Fed for raising rates. I think they'll just ignore him. It is the right policy.

The true believers would say he's just calling it like it is. Finally a straight shooter in Washington, blah blah blah
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

How many people are there who don't shoot straight? That's how bullets (and to a lesser degree arrows) work, right? Aren't the non-straight shooters just the people from that movie Wanted?
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Yet another things I disagree with him on. Rates hikes have been needed for quite some time.
Careful. You're going to be a liberal democrat before you know it. :ninja:
He won. Period.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Putin in DC right before the election sure would be fun.
malchior

Post by malchior »

You have to imagine that Paul Ryan is feeling pretty smart right now about bouncing.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm How many people are there who don't shoot straight? That's how bullets (and to a lesser degree arrows) work, right? Aren't the non-straight shooters just the people from that movie Wanted?
You have never seen an american base ball curve ball comrade?
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Captain Caveman wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Putin in DC right before the election sure would be fun.
They'll use Camp David to avoid the protest march.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Don't count out Mar a Lago. Gotta keep that sweet, sweet Russian cash flowing into the Trump coffers.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm How many people are there who don't shoot straight? That's how bullets (and to a lesser degree arrows) work, right? Aren't the non-straight shooters just the people from that movie Wanted?
I have general anxiety and when I get nervous my hands shake really bad. I doubt I could shoot straight. I mean the bullet would go straight, but nowhere near the intended target.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 pm Technically I have 7. 4 of them are nonfunctional though.
The other 3 produce milk? :shock:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That was the gist, yes.
He won. Period.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I initially was wondering how you had just 4 tenths of a nipple.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Freyland wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 pm I initially was wondering how you had just 4 tenths of a nipple.
That's a long story.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Republicans block all anti Putin resolutions from Democrats.
WASHINGTON — Republicans in Congress on Thursday blocked a series of measures put forward by lawmakers — largely Democratic — desperate to isolate Republican leaders and publicly rebuke President Trump over his summit meeting with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia this week.

In the Senate, Republicans objected to two nonbinding measures that would have put the body on record as being in support of intelligence agency conclusions that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, called on Mr. Trump to fully impose sanctions against Russia and pressed for oversight of the summit meeting, including the production of any notes taken by Americans.
n the House, Democrats sought to push many of the same points with different tactics, but saw no more success. Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee voted down a request to subpoena testimony from the State Department interpreter who accompanied Mr. Trump into his private meeting with Mr. Putin in Helsinki, Finland. And on the House floor, Republicans blocked a Democratic effort to add hundreds of millions of dollars in grant funding for election security to a spending bill.
Standing next to Mr. Putin on Monday, Mr. Trump signaled that he took the Russian president’s word over his own intelligence agencies that Russia did not meddle in the 2016 election.

On Tuesday, Mr. Trump said he misspoke and that he did believe the intelligence agencies. And then on Wednesday, he further confused lawmakers when he seemed to say the Russians were no longer targeting American elections, then backtracked again.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Bills like that are campaign fodder. Put 'em on record: "My opponent voted against our own intelligence agencies."
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

gbasden wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 pm Technically I have 7. 4 of them are nonfunctional though.
Yeah, only three. :(
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rip wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

What makes not friggen sense, is he should have been saying how this is the very real sign of enduring recovery from QE and the Housing Bubble from 2007/2008 and it's happening under his watch. Fuckin' idiot.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Archinerd wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:30 am
gbasden wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm
Yeah, only three. :(
They're enough.

Enlarge Image

MYT