Consider the source.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:06 pm Consider the source.
GU?

Doesn't matter really, if his approval is anything higher white nationalists plus the the margin of error, I'm baffled. True, the shock is slightly less at 43 than 55 (Fox) it's still a shock.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Pocketbook. Trump inherited the Obama economy and hasn't ruined it yet--despite trying!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Paingod wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 pm Did they Photoshop 30lbs off Trump's image there?
Yes. This is a thing.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

noxiousdog wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:53 pm
Paingod wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 pm Did they Photoshop 30lbs off Trump's image there?
Yes. This is a thing.
Sad to say, I'd rather he take that route than actually lose a few pounds.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm Pocketbook. Trump inherited the Obama economy and hasn't ruined it yet--despite trying!
Very much this. The economy is bound to crash when the Republican sugar high wears off and the deficits sink in...and that will probably happen just as Democrats retake control. Beastly timing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:52 pm Yes, it's low but who the fuck approves of that?
Sociopaths. Why?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:52 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:52 pm Yes, it's low but who the fuck approves of that?
Sociopaths. Why?
That's a lot of sociopaths. Mental health care in the US could really use a boost (not that it's a solved problem anywhere).
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I really want to say "not all sociopaths" here.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:04 am I really want to say "not all sociopaths" here.
Leave me out of this. :ninja:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Maybe this is an overreaction, but it doesn't feel like it.

Thread:

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:30 pm Maybe this is an overreaction, but it doesn't feel like it.

Thread:

I really wish there was a part of that I could disagree with. Even if just on a skeptics level.

But there's not.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I don't get it. Stop them from what? Making assertions?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:16 pm I don't get it. Stop them from what? Making assertions?
Read the thread.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I read the tweet. If it were a headline I might have understood there was an article to go with it.

It seems counter-intuitive to have an in depth discussion 128 characters at a time.

I disliked Twitter when it was used to tell the world what shoes you're trying on at the store. I'm fundamentally opposed to the idea that it is a forum for public debate.

Now get off my lawn you kids.
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:06 pm I read the tweet. If it were a headline I might have understood there was an article to go with it.

It seems counter-intuitive to have an in depth discussion 128 characters at a time.

I disliked Twitter when it was used to tell the world what shoes you're trying on at the store. I'm fundamentally opposed to the idea that it is a forum for public debate.

Now get off my lawn you kids.
Whether you like it or not, Twitter is now journalism's first draft. Significant threads indicated as such are the equivalent of yesterday's blockbuster headline+article.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:31 pm
Whether you like it or not, Twitter is now journalism's first draft. Significant threads indicated as such are the equivalent of yesterday's blockbuster headline+article.
Why are you still on my lawn?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Speaking of Twitter, Trump has gone on some kind of bender, tweeting or retweeting more than 50 times in 24 hours.

Nearly all of it is rage at the media, at Democrats, and at the Mueller Report, which he continues to claim is the work of corrupt and dirty cops who exonerated him.

He also went off a weird rant against Twitter itself, declaring that it censors conservatives, that it is "hard to log onto" (?), and that it keeps taking followers away from him.

In related news, Twitter just did a sweep and deleted the accounts of thousands of Russian and Saudi bots. Also, this is a pretty sure sign that Trump obsessively keeps track of his number of followers. He has almost 60 million, but a few thousand going away is still something that registers and enrages him.

Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States of America.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Similar to the Kardashians, I suspect he is an attention vampire. If we could somehow just completely ignore them (and him) they'd starve to death from lack of attention. Instead, we elected one as President so we're all boned.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We need to get everybody in the country to make a Twitter account, then follow and unfollow him at regular intervals. It may be just the nudge he needs to finally snap.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 am Speaking of Twitter, Trump has gone on some kind of bender, tweeting or retweeting more than 50 times in 24 hours.

Nearly all of it is rage at the media, at Democrats, and at the Mueller Report, which he continues to claim is the work of corrupt and dirty cops who exonerated him.

He also went off a weird rant against Twitter itself, declaring that it censors conservatives, that it is "hard to log onto" (?), and that it keeps taking followers away from him.

In related news, Twitter just did a sweep and deleted the accounts of thousands of Russian and Saudi bots. Also, this is a pretty sure sign that Trump obsessively keeps track of his number of followers. He has almost 60 million, but a few thousand going away is still something that registers and enrages him.

Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States of America.
Hey, those bots are some of his best friends.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am Hey, those bots are some of his best friends.
They're very good people. Very loyal. They've worked for him.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Obama twitter followers: 106 million
Trump twitter followers: 59.9 million

I imagine he's spent many a night obsessing over that. I hope it causes him extraordinary anguish and pain.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

"We're fighting all the subpoenas." via CNBC:
Democrats are demanding testimony from high-ranking current and former White House officials, as well as years of Trump’s financial records and the unredacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report.

Caught at the center of the crossfire is former White House counsel Don McGahn, who was cited by Mueller more than any other Trump official in the 448-page report on Russian election meddling, possible Trump-campaign coordination with the Kremlin and possible obstruction of justice by Trump himself.

On Tuesday, Trump told The Washington Post that he did not see any reason to “go any further” in allowing his aides to testify before congressional committees, “especially in Congress where it’s very partisan — obviously very partisan.”
Good. Maybe all the fighting will keep you too busy to bloviate about the border wall, healthcare or any number of other things you're desperately managing to fuck up.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm kind of tired of the whole "Well that's just Trump being Trump!" argument. The guy is sick in the head and needs to be removed from office.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:07 pm I'm kind of tired of the whole "Well that's just Trump being Trump!" argument. The guy is sick in the head and needs to be removed from office.
While I whole heartedly agree he needs to be removed from office I think the issue I have with "Well that's just Trump being Trump" argument is that it lays the blame for our mess entirely at his feet. The entire Republican group standing with him needs to be held eyballs deep in the shit too. If they would simply do their constitutional duty he would have been removed long ago. Instead they continue with party over nation to the detriment of our republic.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:07 pm I'm kind of tired of the whole "Well that's just Trump being Trump!" argument. The guy is sick in the head and needs to be removed from office.
I'm sick and tired of the whole "x is liberal Trump hater" dodge, where if you criticize Trump you are an extreme liberal to be dismissed. What do they call that? Affirming the consequent? Arguing in circles?

Response to everything political:
P1: Criticism of Trump is exclusively the province of an extremist liberals
P2: Extremist liberals are to be dismissed
P3: Disagreeing with P1 is a criticism of Trump
C: Profit!

This dissonance is unshakable or at least it has been to date. I can't be even be in listening distance of that behavior any more.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This is who he is. This is who he always been. I had hoped that once he took office, we'd find out that "raging asshole with skin the thickness of crepe paper" would turn out to be an affectation he presented for the sake of the entertainment biz. Unfortunately, it turns out he really is a raging asshole with thin skin. Although now we also discovered he's much, much dumber than America surmised from watching his TV shows.
Covfefe!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:48 am Similar to the Kardashians, I suspect he is an attention vampire. If we could somehow just completely ignore them (and him) they'd starve to death from lack of attention. Instead, we elected one as President so we're all boned.
Maybe we need to stick Colin Robinson in a room with him and see what happens.
Hodor.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 pm
I'm sick and tired of the whole "x is liberal Trump hater" dodge, where if you criticize Trump you are an extreme liberal to be dismissed. What do they call that? Affirming the consequent? Arguing in circles?

Response to everything political:
P1: Criticism of Trump is exclusively the province of an extremist liberals
P2: Extremist liberals are to be dismissed
P3: Disagreeing with P1 is a criticism of Trump
C: Profit!

This dissonance is unshakable or at least it has been to date. I can't be even be in listening distance of that behavior any more.
or 'you're mad because Hilary lost'.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:48 am Similar to the Kardashians, I suspect he is an attention vampire. If we could somehow just completely ignore them (and him) they'd starve to death from lack of attention. Instead, we elected one as President so we're all boned.
Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:03 pm
pr0ner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:24 pm
Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg
:wub:

Such a good show.
Hodor.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Enlarge Image
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Warmbier was essentially DOA and his "release" came at the cost of decades of NK policy. Who knows what was given up for the others. Cash money isn't the only form of payment.

But yeah. Def best ever using his toddlernomics.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We have a "Cheif" Hostage Negotiator?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:44 am We have a "Cheif" Hostage Negotiator?
I before E except after P tapes
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

He's the Covfefe in Cheif
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

The 45 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's rambling interview with Sean Hannity.

Bejeebus but that was hard to wade through. Word salad with ramble dressing.
-mf