The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Smoove_B »

I wonder what President Trump's first statement of the day will be on 9/11?
"We have found nothing to show collusion between President Trump & Russia, absolutely zero, but every day we get more documentation showing collusion between the FBI & DOJ, the Hillary campaign, foreign spies & Russians, incredible." @SaraCarterDC @LouDobbs
I know I shouldn't be surprised...but man. That stings.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am I wonder what President Trump's first statement of the day will be on 9/11?
To be fair, he was still watching yesterday's shows.

thread
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Pyperkub wrote:More book stuff:
.S. President Donald Trump promised Monday that he would “write the real book” to set the record straight on his administration, once again lashing out against veteran Washington reporter Bob Woodward, whose incendiary book about the Trump White House will be released this week.

“The Woodward book is a Joke – just another assault against me, in a barrage of assaults, using now disproven unnamed and anonymous sources. Many have already come forward to say the quotes by them, like the book, are fiction,” Trump tweeted on Monday morning. “Dems can’t stand losing. I’ll write the real book!”
Of course, this only gets published as a picture book due to Trump's vocabulary if he doesn't use a ghostwriter... ;)
He could always release the bound leather edition of "The Collected Tweets of President Trump". All the important talking points would be in there in small digestible pieces.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

$iljanus wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:More book stuff:
.S. President Donald Trump promised Monday that he would “write the real book” to set the record straight on his administration, once again lashing out against veteran Washington reporter Bob Woodward, whose incendiary book about the Trump White House will be released this week.

“The Woodward book is a Joke – just another assault against me, in a barrage of assaults, using now disproven unnamed and anonymous sources. Many have already come forward to say the quotes by them, like the book, are fiction,” Trump tweeted on Monday morning. “Dems can’t stand losing. I’ll write the real book!”
Of course, this only gets published as a picture book due to Trump's vocabulary if he doesn't use a ghostwriter... ;)
He could always release the bound leather edition of "The Collected Tweets of President Trump". All the important talking points would be in there in small digestible pieces.
But he would have to attribute the ghostwritten tweets... Trump, give credit to someone else? Hmmm....
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

This happens a million times a day, but I'm thinking of a very specific instance. Elderly guy, starting to go a bit soft in the head, sits alone watching Fox News. He believes everything they say, about the world, about politics, about Trump. He bases everything off of that reality.

Except this guy is Trump.

We're stuck in a causality loop.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:49 pm More book stuff:

It'd be a great read. I mean I can't wait to hear how he bested Kim Jung Il's record 38-under-par 34 and how he received thousands of letters a day from the parents of WWII vets praising his support of the military.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:46 am
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:49 pm More book stuff:
.S. President Donald Trump promised Monday that he would “write the real book” ... Trump tweeted on Monday morning. “Dems can’t stand losing. I’ll write the real book!”
It'd be a great read. I mean I can't wait to hear how he bested Kim Jung Il's record 38-under-par 34 and how he received thousands of letters a day from the parents of WWII vets praising his support of the military.
That's a lot of words to write, don't you think Donnie? Wouldn't it be easier just to burn all the books you don't like?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He'll write that book, alright. It will feature a hero named "Li'l Donny" and there'll be a cat in it. A talking cat, no less. And he and the cat will go on adventures! They'll steal pies from window sills, play pranks on the Mexican next door and attend cross burnings and all the other stuff that his nasty teacher Mr. Sessions doesn't want him to do!
He won. Period.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

That actually sounds pretty good.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He'll call it "The Taking Tree".
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Fake language and fake etymology.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/trumpery

I really need to find a way to work this word into my lexicon.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:23 pm Fake language and fake etymology.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/trumpery

I really need to find a way to work this word into my lexicon.
Word Origin

C15: from Old French tromperie deceit, from tromper to cheat
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

In other Typical Trump - bankrupting a project and leaving others with the bill:
The CBO now says the deficit will approach $1 trillion by the end of this fiscal year, but in April the agency didn’t expect the deficit to reach $1 trillion until 2020.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Come on, man. How on earth is anyone supposed to know if that's satirical or not? That could literally be something that happened.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

No Republican can ever claim to be fiscally conservative again. Supporting the Trump tax cut was a crime against America's future.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

BREAKING: President Trump says federal gov’t is "ready" for Hurricane Florence, and reflects on what he describes as "incredibly successful" response to Puerto Rico hurricane disasters in 2017 – “one of the best jobs that’s ever been done.”
Carolinas, you're fucked.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Truckloads and truckloads of paper towels.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

It's tremendously wet.
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:41 pm No Republican can ever claim to be fiscally conservative again. Supporting the Trump tax cut was a crime against America's future.
I thought the "fiscally conservative" policy was to Tax Cut and Spend. It's been accepted gospel for 38 years...

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:41 pm No Republican can ever claim to be fiscally conservative again. Supporting the Trump tax cut was a crime against America's future.
Yep, I will laugh in the face of any Republican that dares to mention the deficit in the future. Whatever you thought of Clinton, she proposed to pay for any new programs and not worsen the deficit. She was far more responsible than Republicans.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:30 pm It's tremendously wet.
Future generations are not going to look at us kindly:
“It is tremendously big, tremendously wet,” Trump continued. “Tremendous amounts of water. So I have spoken with the governors of South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia. They’re prepared, we are prepared.”
What an embarrassment.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

For those looking fondly back on the GWB administration as a time of decency and normalcy:

After everything we've seen, he's stumping to save Trump's majorities in Congress.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The good news is that ICE is already on the ground in North Carolina just in time to help with Florence.

In an indirect way, this means that the FEMA detention camps conspiracy theory has sort of come true.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump would prefer a government shutdown over immigration before the midterms
"I would personally prefer before, but whether it's before or after, we're either getting it or we're closing down government," Trump said. "We need border security. We need border security."
The President said "a lot of great Republicans" had pointed to the strength of the economy and did not want to "complicate" that as voters prepare to head to the polls in elections that will decide control of Congress.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Omg, I've never wanted Drumpf to get his way more than I do right now.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

On the eve of Florence, Trump would like to remind you that he loves Puerto Rico.

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

The only victim of Hurricane Maria is, apparently, Donald Trump himself.

Fuck this guy and his toadies in the administration and Congress. How anyone continues to support this bullshit is beyond me.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holy vomitous hell. I want him imprisoned eternally in a post-hurricane Puerto Rico simulation until he can understand how the aftermath of a disaster adds to the total body count.

Any trump supporters out there? How do you feel about him trying to invalidate the suffering and deaths of thousands of Americans with lies? Rip? msduncan? Or are a few thousand "brown" American lives worth forwarding your agenda?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Don't worry, everything will be fine. Secret high level insiders are keeping this piece of shit in check.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 am Any trump supporters out there? How do you feel about him trying to invalidate the suffering and deaths of thousands of Americans with lies? Rip? msduncan? Or are a few thousand "brown" American lives worth forwarding your agenda?
Rip you can ask, but I would ask that you leave MSD out of this. He's kept out of these discussions and I don't think we should be pulling him in when we're upset.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Captain Caveman wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 am How anyone continues to support this bullshit is beyond me.
Pride. Think how hard it would be to admit you actually voted for this turd. I like to think if I had voted for him, I would now be denouncing him, but that's me. Everybody's different. Some people turtle and sulk when confronted with a huge fuck-up.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 am On the eve of Florence, Trump would like to remind you that he loves Puerto Rico.

This is just flat-out sick. When you leave people without power, water, and food in the wake of a natural disaster, they often die. It might not have been immediately (i.e. literally the day of the storm), but they still died as a direct result of your compete and utter lack of support.

Trump proving again that he is an repulsive human being.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My memory of billions raised for Puerto Rico by the our GOP president is little different.

https://www.gq.com/story/trump-puerto-rico-aid

How does a president raise money for a territory anyway?
Captain Caveman wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 am Fuck this guy and his toadies in the administration and Congress. How anyone continues to support this bullshit is beyond me.
Because they're coming for our social security and free government medical when I have paid in so much and ]they're[/i] bringin their whole families.
Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 am How do you feel about him trying to invalidate the suffering and deaths of thousands of Americans with lies?
You know damned well Puerto Ricans aren't really Americans.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Look, unless a doctor says "cause of death: hurricane" then it's not the hurricane's fault. Even the 6 to 18 reported hurricane deaths are questionable. After some investigation, many of those deaths were actually caused by drowning or by impact with flying debris.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:43 am Rip you can ask, but I would ask that you leave MSD out of this. He's kept out of these discussions and I don't think we should be pulling him in when we're upset.
Why not? When should we ask MSD to be accountable for his political positions, that when he mentions, he celebrates?

When we're calm and collected?

The last time he commented he was extremely happy with Drumpf's performance thus far.

When would be the right time to hold a dialogue with the voters who put this shitgoblin in the WH?

I'm not saying crucify MSD (although I'm good on Rip, he's made his position clear) but when do we get to speak to the nearest drumpf voter and ask "wtf, bro? Explain yourself".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump supporters will stay Trump supporters. He could pull a gun and shoot one and then say he is draining the swamp and the supporter would whisper drain the swamp as they bled out. He can do no wrong and they believe everything he says. I see everything he says as stupid and a outright lie. I no longer watch anything one him. Ill read up on it but I refuse to hear his fucktarded mouth speak.

I think his approval is like 36% yet just watch come Nov at how many people vote GOP still.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote:
hepcat wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:43 am Rip you can ask, but I would ask that you leave MSD out of this. He's kept out of these discussions and I don't think we should be pulling him in when we're upset.
Why not? When should we ask MSD to be accountable for his political positions, that when he mentions, he celebrates?

When we're calm and collected?

The last time he commented he was extremely happy with Drumpf's performance thus far.

When would be the right time to hold a dialogue with the voters who put this shitgoblin in the WH?

I'm not saying crucify MSD (although I'm good on Rip, he's made his position clear) but when do we get to speak to the nearest drumpf voter and ask "wtf, bro? Explain yourself".
Because msd is a valued member of the community, and doing so would be more self serving than constructive.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 amTrump supporters will stay Trump supporters.
Listening to NPR, hearing interviews with farmers. They're getting ripped apart in tariffs and they know it's coming down from Trump. However, they square their shoulders and say "This is just the price that needs to be paid to level the field with China. We should have done it 40 years ago" while they watch their crops plummet 25% in value, suicide rates climb, and corporate farm-takeovers increase.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 am Trump supporters will stay Trump supporters. He could pull a gun and shoot one and then say he is draining the swamp and the supporter would whisper drain the swamp as they bled out. He can do no wrong and they believe everything he says. I see everything he says as stupid and a outright lie. I no longer watch anything one him. Ill read up on it but I refuse to hear his fucktarded mouth speak.

I think his approval is like 36% yet just watch come Nov at how many people vote GOP still.
You know what will be a good metric for this? The MA governor's race. Charlie Baker is the most popular guv in the US because he's stayed out of Trumpland and worked harmoniously with Democrats. His actual accomplishments are middling, but he's fiscally conservative and a decent enough man. Then, last week, he endorsed the Republican Senate candidate running against Warren. That guy's platform is "I'm Trump's BFF; vote for me and we'll have a seat at the table." Since then, Democrats have started dropping out of Baker's corner. Baker can't win without some D support, so what should have been a cakewalk is starting to look competitive. If he loses (or just barely squeaks by) it will be because he hugged a Trumpster.