The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Jaymann »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 am President Trump has not publicly commented on Gen Hyten's remarks.
Here is Trump's tweeted response:

Generals are totally overrated! He is just jealous of my nuclear football! I make the best unlawful decisions! The best! Sad!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!
Christ, what an asshole (equally applicable for both Trump and Ball).
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Skinypupy wrote:
Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!
Christ, what an asshole (equally applicable for both Trump and Ball).
There is a small difference between the two of them. Equating them is wrong.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

tjg_marantz wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 pm There is a small difference between the two of them. Equating them is wrong.
There's lots of other reasons why Ball is a colossal douche canoe, none of which have anything to do with this incident.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The unpresident. How refreshing.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I like Bill Krystol's reply.

Trump: If Americans won't express fulsome gratitude to me personally, I don't see why I should bother doing what a president should do. Trump's failure to distinguish between himself and the office he holds is almost the definition of not understanding a constitutional republic. https://t.co/oabN54cUOw
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Manchild with the follow up:

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

And:

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Rip

Post by Rip »

Caught "on mic" saying bad things about Trump?

Is there no limit to what people can get caught saying on a mic?

:lol:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

tjg_marantz wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 pm Manchild with the follow up:

Rip

Post by Rip »

When he say on "mike" does he mean like this?

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

tjg_marantz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Damn uppity blacks at it again. Better get to Twitter.

Edit: because of course.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 am OK, so this is a thing that happened...

US nuclear chief to resist 'illegal' presidential strike order
The top nuclear commander in the US says he would resist any "illegal" presidential order to launch a strike.

Air Force Gen John Hyten, said as head of the US Strategic Command he provided advice to a president and expected that a legal alternative would be found.

His comments come just days after US senators discussed a president's authority to launch a nuclear attack.

Some of them expressed concern that President Donald Trump might irresponsibly order such a strike.

Others though said a president must have the authority to act without meddling from lawyers. It was the first such hearing in more than 40 years.

In August, Mr Trump vowed to unleash "fire and fury like the world has never seen" on North Korea if it continued to expand its atomic weapons programme and threaten America.

Last month, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's Republican chairman, Senator Bob Corker, accused the president of setting the US "on a path to World War Three".

Speaking at the Halifax International Security Forum in Canada, Gen Hyten said: "We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it?"

"I provide advice to the president, he will tell me what to do," he said.

"And if it's illegal, guess what's going to happen? I'm going to say: 'Mr President, that's illegal.' And guess what he's going to do? He's going to say, 'What would be legal?' And we'll come up with options, of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that's the way it works.

"It's not that complicated," Gen Hyten added.

He also added: "If you execute an unlawful order, you will go to jail. You could go to jail for the rest of your life."

President Trump has not publicly commented on Gen Hyten's remarks.
Putin is laughing his ass off.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Max Peck wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 am OK, so this is a thing that happened...

US nuclear chief to resist 'illegal' presidential strike order
The top nuclear commander in the US says he would resist any "illegal" presidential order to launch a strike.

Air Force Gen John Hyten, said as head of the US Strategic Command he provided advice to a president and expected that a legal alternative would be found.

His comments come just days after US senators discussed a president's authority to launch a nuclear attack.

Some of them expressed concern that President Donald Trump might irresponsibly order such a strike.

Others though said a president must have the authority to act without meddling from lawyers. It was the first such hearing in more than 40 years.

In August, Mr Trump vowed to unleash "fire and fury like the world has never seen" on North Korea if it continued to expand its atomic weapons programme and threaten America.

Last month, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's Republican chairman, Senator Bob Corker, accused the president of setting the US "on a path to World War Three".

Speaking at the Halifax International Security Forum in Canada, Gen Hyten said: "We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it?"

"I provide advice to the president, he will tell me what to do," he said.

"And if it's illegal, guess what's going to happen? I'm going to say: 'Mr President, that's illegal.' And guess what he's going to do? He's going to say, 'What would be legal?' And we'll come up with options, of a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that's the way it works.

"It's not that complicated," Gen Hyten added.

He also added: "If you execute an unlawful order, you will go to jail. You could go to jail for the rest of your life."

All is proceeding according to plan.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Somebody is taking a run at goading Trump into firing McMaster.
National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster mocked President Trump’s intelligence at a private dinner with a powerful tech CEO, according to five sources with knowledge of the conversation.

Over a July dinner with Oracle CEO Safra Catz — who has been mentioned as a candidate for several potential administration jobs — McMaster bluntly trashed his boss, said the sources, four of whom told BuzzFeed News they heard about the exchange directly from Catz. The top national security official dismissed the president variously as an “idiot” and a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,” the sources said.

A sixth source who was not familiar with the details of the dinner told BuzzFeed News that McMaster had made similarly derogatory comments about Trump’s intelligence to him in private, including that the president lacked the necessary brainpower to understand the matters before the National Security Council.

Both Oracle and the Trump administration heatedly denied the comments that Catz later recounted.

“Actual participants in the dinner deny that General McMaster made any of the comments attributed to him by anonymous sources. Those false comments represent the diametric opposite of General McMaster's actual views,” said Michael Anton, a spokesman for the National Security Council.

Oracle's top DC operative, who attended the dinner with Catz, also denied that McMaster made the comments his boss later recounted to others. The meeting, Oracle senior VP for government affairs Ken Glueck said, was about China, and “none of the statements attributed to General McMaster were said.” Glueck added that Catz “concurs entirely” with his account of the dinner.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

$iljanus wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am
LawBeefaroni wrote:
Max Peck wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 am
All is proceeding according to plan.
I have to say that I'm tickled pink that the future of the world may rest on a matter of simple legality, and the snap determination of that by a couple guys arguing over a briefcase.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I think you should sell the idea to Seth Rogen for his next film.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

"If the President does it, then it isn't illegal." - Nixon

It bears repeating that this is Trump's position on ethics.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Josh Marshall makes the case it was Ezra Cohen-Watnick
Finally, in early August, McMaster canned Cohen-Watnick.

So where did Cohen-Watnick land after finally getting bounced from the National Security Council? Funny you’d ask! He went to work in the DC office of Oracle.

To be clear, this doesn’t mean the report is not true. I suspect something like it is true. It may be verbatim true. Who knows? But you will not convince me that Cohen-Watnick’s now working in a high level position Oracle’s DC office (which is to say it’s lobbying office) is not directly related to this story coming about. Indeed, I’m surprised the Cohen-Watnick feud and his current employment at Oracle did not come up in the Buzzfeed article.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

There it is.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Republicans wrote:Look, we understand that Moore is probably a sex offender and should have spent some time in jail. That still serves our country better than the Commies on the other side, right? Winning is all we care about now.
Trump wrote:Look, Roy Moore may have grabbed them by the pussy, but we still have the best people, the best. Democrats, and I know some,
are just not good enough. They don't have the IQ that I have. It's the best, really. Have you seen my landslide electoral numbers? Later today,
I've got some big news about North Korea. Stay tuned, and tuned with Fox news, right? Other news is fake news, and CNN is the worst. Failing.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Politico
In remarks at the ceremony, President Donald Trump delighted in poking some fun at his predecessor — as well as himself and his penchant for executive orders — during the annual pardoning of the National Thanksgiving Turkey.

Trump joked that he had conferred with the White House counsel on whether he could overturn former President Barack Obama’s turkey pardons — including those for last year’s birds, Tater and Tot — much as he has for other executive actions.

However, the White House’s lawyers found that the prior pardons could “not be, under any circumstances, revoked,” Trump said. “So we're not going to revoke them. So, Tater and Tot, you can rest easy.”

The president gave the official pardon to Drumstick, a turkey raised in Minnesota, sparing him the Thanksgiving dinner table. Drumstick was chosen for the honor over the alternate, Wishbone, by 60 percent of respondents in an online White House poll. Both birds, however, will avoid the carving knife: They will be spend the rest of their days at the turkey sanctuary Gobbler’s Rest at Virginia Tech University.
Presidents have been presented with a turkey from the National Turkey Federation since 1947, when the first bird was given to President Harry Truman, although at the time, those birds ended up on the dinner table. President George H.W. Bush started the tradition of granting a pardon in 1989.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'll bet that Trump has been talking with his counsel about whether pardons can be later overturned.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm Politico
In remarks at the ceremony, President Donald Trump delighted in poking some fun at his predecessor — as well as himself and his penchant for executive orders — during the annual pardoning of the National Thanksgiving Turkey.

Trump joked that he had conferred with the White House counsel on whether he could overturn former President Barack Obama’s turkey pardons — including those for last year’s birds, Tater and Tot — much as he has for other executive actions.

However, the White House’s lawyers found that the prior pardons could “not be, under any circumstances, revoked,” Trump said. “So we're not going to revoke them. So, Tater and Tot, you can rest easy.”

The president gave the official pardon to Drumstick, a turkey raised in Minnesota, sparing him the Thanksgiving dinner table. Drumstick was chosen for the honor over the alternate, Wishbone, by 60 percent of respondents in an online White House poll. Both birds, however, will avoid the carving knife: They will be spend the rest of their days at the turkey sanctuary Gobbler’s Rest at Virginia Tech University.
Presidents have been presented with a turkey from the National Turkey Federation since 1947, when the first bird was given to President Harry Truman, although at the time, those birds ended up on the dinner table. President George H.W. Bush started the tradition of granting a pardon in 1989.
Did GHWB fondle the turkey before pardoning it?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

There's a turkey sanctuary?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump says of Jones, "I've looked at his record. It's terrible on crime. It's terrible on the border. It's terrible on the military."

Soft on crime? Jones is a successful career prosecutor.

And how does he have a "record" on the border or the military? That's the kind of thing you say with reference to a legislator's votes.

--

But of course the big news is his endorsement of Moore, surprising no one despite his obvious reluctance.

In the press meet-up, he was also unexpectedly shy of commenting about Franken or Conyers when asked. It's like some part of his lizard brain is aware that this whole topic is a threat to him and needs to go away.
Last edited by Holman on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that facts mean anything to Trump. Worrying about whether something is "true" or "false" or is "crazy" is so 2016.
tgb

Post by tgb »

"GOP - Group of Pedophiles"

Heh.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:53 pm Trump says of Jones, "I've looked at his record. It's terrible on crime. It's terrible on the border. It's terrible on the military. He will be insufficiently cruel to brown people."
That's what he's saying. Which, understood that way, is accurate.
Black Lives Matter.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

It's about meeee!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

tjg_marantz wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm

It's about meeee!
He's having cognitive dissonance between "The women are saying something that is bad for me" vs. "The women voted for and approved of me".
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

None of this matters. The "true believers" are all 100% convinced that the accusations against Moore are fake news and have no merit. I mean, President Trump even came right out and said so, and we know he always speaks the truth! Therefore, Moore is just continuing to do the godly work he was sent here to. This whole issue is just another way that Jesus is testing the faith of the righteous.

I would guess that when someone starts with that paradigm, they're actually more likely to vote for Moore because of all the allegations, as it's their Christian obligation to fight against persecution.

The interesting part will be in seeing how much of Alabama starts from there.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It’s now come out that Moore stayed in an interview a few months back that he first noticed his wife when she was 15 and he was in his 30s. Not sure what more needs to come out to prove this guy was into teenagers.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm Politico

#WhiteTurkeyLivesMatter

Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:32 pm I'll bet that Trump has been talking with his counsel about whether pardons can be later overturned.
:clap:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:03 pm It’s now come out that Moore stayed in an interview a few months back that he first noticed his wife when she was 15 and he was in his 30s. Not sure what more needs to come out to prove this guy was into teenagers.
He made an honest woman out of her. God's work.

What's amazing is that this behavior isn't going to lose him the election, while the rest of the United States is absolutely BLOWING UP over sexual misbehaviour, both large and small.

Al Franken might lose his position for stealing a kiss and posing for a "funny" grope picture, but Moore is going to take his place despite preying on teenagers and sexual assault of minors.

Bill Clinton is under fire again, but Moore is electable? All I can say is this explains why MSD always felt like he was an absolute alien to me. If Hollywood is riddled with sexual predators, wtf is Alabama when they turn a blind eye to their own predators? Worse, they venerate them.

What has become of God's word? Because this is not it.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I mean, it didn't impact the election of our President, so...
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This behavior is considered by many christian fundamentalists as the pursuit of female christian purity and excusable "typical" male behavior.

It's a fundamental rift in values where the "moral majority" continues to claim the high ground regardless of the depths of their depravity. It's wrong, but that won't stop them.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon