For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Unagi »

Smutly wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Kraken wrote:As if he could read that whole thing. If you can't say it in 140 characters, don't bother.
President Obama can't read.
Trump is the future President, no need to pull your punches on racist comments any longer.
You have GOT to be kidding me. I took his juvenile obviously false statement and said it straightforwardly about President Obama to show how fucking stupid it was. They both can fucking read you nimwit.
What's important here is that to show how stupid the statement is, you suggest that Obama can't read.
Which is, of course stupid.... And while Trump probable can read, the stuff behind the Trump can't read meme gives one enough pause to maybe really consider it.

Now what I think you are really missing is that everyone just wants Trump to bite at this bait, cause this is the kind of 'small hands' thing that he can't rise above and get over. He will some day proclaim that he is the best reader, nobody reads better than he does.

I'm mean, you do realize his father is actually an Orangutan, right ?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Kraken wrote:As if he could read that whole thing. If you can't say it in 140 characters, don't bother.
Trump is the future President, no need to pull your punches on racist comments any longer.
You have GOT to be kidding me. I took his juvenile obviously false statement and said it straightforwardly about President Obama to show how fucking stupid it was. They both can fucking read you nimwit.
My apologies. Given your posting history I did not realize you were capable of treating anyone with respect and dignity and I jumped to conclusions.
You weren't wrong. ;)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Max Peck wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
My apologies. Given your posting history I did not realize you were capable of treating anyone with respect and dignity and I jumped to conclusions.
You weren't wrong. ;)
Apology accepted, Archinerd.

Max, fuck off. I've been accused of saying things I didn't say (ala Papa Smurf exclaiming that I said I wanted HRC in jail) and being someone who I am not (a racist). I am not a racist nor have I ever been. I do more for underprivileged whites and blacks than most of you. I have friends of most races, creeds, and sexual orientations. While you broadly paint everyone with the racist brush, THIS should be a time for you to carefully consider what you thought was true. Just because people disagree with you, you fucking baby, doesn't mean they are homophobes, Islamaphobes, or whatever kind of -phobe you want to label others unfairly. Grow up.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Smutly wrote:Max, fuck off.
I feel like we were just talking about this yesterday. Everything you write before (and after) this statement doesn't matter - because now you're in the wrong. All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Smoove_B wrote:
Smutly wrote:Max, fuck off.
I feel like we were just talking about this yesterday. Everything you write before (and after) this statement doesn't matter - because now you're in the wrong. All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.
No, I'm not. If people can 'riot', then I can say fuck. In fact, search the forum for 'fuck' and see how many hits you get. You don't like it, take it to the meta forum where it has already been discussed. How about not call people racist?
Black Lives Matter*

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Again, I can't comment on what others say to you - but if your response to what others say is to immediately jump to telling people to fuck off, etc... then I can guarantee nothing will change. You are very clearly a "I'll do it myself" type of person and normally that probably works out great. On a discussion forum? Not so much. Be nice.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Smoove_B wrote:Again, I can't comment on what others say to you - but if your response to what others say is to immediately jump to telling people to fuck off, etc... then I can guarantee nothing will change. You are very clearly a "I'll do it myself" type of person and normally that probably works out great. On a discussion forum? Not so much. Be nice.
So how many times have I told people to fuck off here? Any clue? Is this a pattern of behavior with me? Or just are you just saying that I'm the asshole because I'm mischaracterized by others?
Black Lives Matter*

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Smutly wrote:So how many times have I told people to fuck off here? Any clue?
I have no idea and I'm too lazy to search. So I'll just go with today - once. Once times. There are others on the forum that do the same thing. Everything is terrific until they are baited into getting frothy and they fly off the handle and start F-ing this and F-ing that. If you're at the point where you need to tell someone to f-off or get fucked or to go take a flying fuck at a rolling tire, it's likely best you just step away from your keyboard.
Is this a pattern of behavior with me?
I would say tone is a pattern of behavior with you (since you asked). In a medium without facial expressions and body language, all we have is the tone of the words we type.
Or just are you just saying that I'm the asshole because I'm mischaracterized by others?
I'm saying if someone calls you [X], that's on them and if they continue to call you [X] it's going to color how they are viewed by the masses. Also, depending on how far it goes, there might be repercussions - but those aren't for us simple forum members to decide. "Demanding satisfaction" doesn't work, so just be nice. I don't think you're an asshole because you're a racist (I don't think you're racist). I think you're an asshole because you responded to a forum member saying things you didn't like by telling them to fuck off because they're a fucking baby.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Smutly wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
You weren't wrong. ;)

Max, fuck off. I've been accused of saying things I didn't say (ala Papa Smurf exclaiming that I said I wanted HRC in jail) and being someone who I am not (a racist). I am not a racist nor have I ever been. I do more for underprivileged whites and blacks than most of you. I have friends of most races, creeds, and sexual orientations. While you broadly paint everyone with the racist brush, THIS should be a time for you to carefully consider what you thought was true. Just because people disagree with you, you fucking baby, doesn't mean they are homophobes, Islamaphobes, or whatever kind of -phobe you want to label others unfairly. Grow up.
Thanks for demonstrating my point, ya whiny thin-skinned little bitch. :)

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Max Peck wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
You weren't wrong. ;)

Good job, you sure trumped his argument.

In seriousness though, the whole people who aren't raging liberals are racist if they even think of invoking someone of color in a humorous fashion, is in part why trump won.

I got his tasteless joke. And it was poorly conceived as Obama is often credited with speaking at a high level and being intellectually elitist and aloof. Meanwhile, Trump made a whole campaign around talking at a 2nd grade level. The difference between him reading a teleprompter and improvising was observable and comical enough that it launched a meme on his possibly shaky literacy.
That doesn't make Smutly racist for a false equivalency that failed. Maybe if he said Biden's literature shelf is filled with coloring and popup books it would have worked better.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Nimwit?
He won. Period.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

There are times when I wonder whether I'm living in an Onion article. Ann Coulter helpfully pointed out on Twitter that the Republican Party has control of the White House, House of Reps and Senate for the first time....since 1928.

Is that something you want to advertise? "Hey, the last time you turned over total control to us, it was immediately followed by the worst economic meltdown in our country's history!"

Of course, you might remember that Ann appears to have forgotten that the Republican Party was given total control more recently - from 2003-2006. Right before the second worst economic downturn in our history!

I could totally see Hillary pointing that out. Why is Ann pointing that out?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Max Peck wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
Archinerd wrote:
Smutly wrote:
You weren't wrong. ;)

I'll start off from this point since the quote encompasses the things I'm going to comment on.

I think we have determined that Obama and Trump can probably read.

Also I think we can stop with the "fucking off" and "you bitch" type posts from this point on.

So everyone knock this shit off right now. I'd just as soon start locking threads instead of playing wack a mole for this sort of thing.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Nine times Donald Trump has already betrayed the US voters who put their faith in him
Within days the President-elect has rowed back or ditched a string of his bizarre promises

It includes:
Scrapping Obamacare
Jailing Clinton
The Wall
Banning Muslims
Taxing China
Iran nuclear deal
Other countries paying for their own defences
Bringing back waterboarding.

Who else feels dizzy?
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

RunningMn9 wrote:There are times when I wonder whether I'm living in an Onion article. Ann Coulter helpfully pointed out on Twitter that the Republican Party has control of the White House, House of Reps and Senate for the first time....since 1928.

Is that something you want to advertise? "Hey, the last time you turned over total control to us, it was immediately followed by the worst economic meltdown in our country's history!"

Of course, you might remember that Ann appears to have forgotten that the Republican Party was given total control more recently - from 2003-2006. Right before the second worst economic downturn in our history!

I could totally see Hillary pointing that out. Why is Ann pointing that out?
She's also horribly wrong. Republicans held control of the White House, the House, and the Senate as recently as 2002-2006.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Like...that was right in my post. :)
Make up bags of change
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

RunningMn9 wrote:Like...that was right in my post. :)
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Defiant wrote:Nine times Donald Trump has already betrayed the US voters who put their faith in him
Within days the President-elect has rowed back or ditched a string of his bizarre promises

It includes:
Scrapping Obamacare
Jailing Clinton
The Wall
Banning Muslims
Taxing China
Iran nuclear deal

Who else feels dizzy?
Look, that was just campaign talk. He's not proud of it, he's apologized to his family and to the American people, but that's what it was: campaign talk.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Those were just his public positions, what he does will be based on his private positions.

:ninja:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:Those were just his public positions, what he does will be based on Putin's positions.

He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Laura Ingraham for Press Secretary?
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote:Laura Ingraham for Press Secretary?
Sounds like a solid choice.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Paul Ryan, No deportation force. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... tion-force

Donald Trump, Immediatly deport 2-3 million. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... documented

Now I realize it's just barely possible both could be true. However, I think the honeymoon may be over.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Rip wrote:
I suppose one way to drain a swamp is to fill it with garbage and by all accounts that seems to be what's happening.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If you voted against secret corruption and outside influence, it may be surprising to find out the public auction of government agencies during the Trump transition.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Defiant wrote:Nine times Donald Trump has already betrayed the US voters who put their faith in him

It includes:
Scrapping Obamacare
Jailing Clinton
The Wall
Banning Muslims
Taxing China
Iran nuclear deal

Who else feels dizzy?
What I find unfortunate is the reaction from many (mostly FB and CNN talking heads) that reports of Trump walking back some of his more crazy campaign promises is somehow a "normalizing" of Trump that should be avoided. People are complaining that focusing and reporting on Trump moderating his views is dangerous because it lulls people into a false sense of safety. What a load of crap!

At the end of the day, Trump's actions as President are what really matter. If he wants to moderate now, we should all be embracing that, regardless of whether we think he's actually a racist and a bigot and the antichrist.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Flippety-flop... It will be a huge, beautifully tall fence.
US President-elect Donald Trump has said his planned wall along the Mexican border could be partly fence. In some areas, "a wall is more appropriate", he told US broadcaster CBS, but "there could be some fencing"

gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Max Peck wrote:Flippety-flop... It will be a huge, beautifully tall fence.
US President-elect Donald Trump has said his planned wall along the Mexican border could be partly fence. In some areas, "a wall is more appropriate", he told US broadcaster CBS, but "there could be some fencing"
He should have told voters "When it comes to stopping illegal immigrants I'm going to draw a line in the sand once and for all" then he'd be able to make good on that promise immediately upon taking office.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Kurth wrote:What I find unfortunate is the reaction from many (mostly FB and CNN talking heads) that reports of Trump walking back some of his more crazy campaign promises is somehow a "normalizing" of Trump that should be avoided. People are complaining that focusing and reporting on Trump moderating his views is dangerous because it lulls people into a false sense of safety. What a load of crap!

At the end of the day, Trump's actions as President are what really matter. If he wants to moderate now, we should all be embracing that, regardless of whether we think he's actually a racist and a bigot and the antichrist.
Moderation is in the eye of the beholder. I'll reserve judgement until his Cabinet is actually put in place, but the names being floated now are comically absurd.

The way that Trump campaigned for this Office needs to be stamped out. That's my concern when it comes to moderation. It encourages what we just saw.
Make up bags of change
malchior

Post by malchior »

Kurth wrote:What I find unfortunate is the reaction from many (mostly FB and CNN talking heads) that reports of Drumpf walking back some of his more crazy campaign promises is somehow a "normalizing" of Drumpf that should be avoided. People are complaining that focusing and reporting on Drumpf moderating his views is dangerous because it lulls people into a false sense of safety. What a load of crap!
This seems like a fairly normal reaction to me. Someone spends the better part of a year saying all kinds of crazy nonsense and then say ... just kidding ... will be met with skepticism. I don't see that as discouraging him from *actually moderating himself*.
At the end of the day, Drumpf's actions as President are what really matter. If he wants to moderate now, we should all be embracing that, regardless of whether we think he's actually a racist and a bigot and the antichrist.
True but to augment my point - let's say he moderates on the extremely terrible stuff he was proposing but still delivers an extremely conservative government is that really moderation? As an analogy -just because you were screaming at painfully loud levels for awhile doesn't make talking extremely loudly a comfortable volume.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote:
Rip wrote:
I suppose one way to drain a swamp is to fill it with garbage and by all accounts that seems to be what's happening.
I think you over value the importance of a Press Secretary.

You should be happy as that pretty much guarantees the end of softball questions for the WH briefings.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I probably wasn't clear. She isn't the (only) garbage he's apparently surrounded himself with, nor is she the largest piece. But the idea that he's "draining the swamp" is hilarious.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No one better to help drain the swamp than the new Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

:)
Make up bags of change
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I think at this point I am satisfied that this is going to be a ho-hum conservative Republican presidency. I think that Trump had no expectation that this would happen, and is probably terrified now. And he hasn't even been given the Book of Secrets yet.
Make up bags of change
Holman

Post by Holman »

RunningMn9 wrote:I think at this point I am satisfied that this is going to be a ho-hum conservative Republican presidency. I think that Trump had no expectation that this would happen, and is probably terrified now. And he hasn't even been given the Book of Secrets yet.
Except that every ho-hum conservative presidency we've ever known has been tempered by at least some Democratic control in Congress.

For Newt Gingrich and Paul Ryan, this will be a policy wet dream. For state governments, it will be open season on civil rights. For alt right assholes, it will be a new golden age of misogyny and racism.

For Trump, it will be a huge hassle that he delegates away while trying to maximize the ego gratification that comes from the spotlight.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I mean yeah, but there's nothing I can do about that. Somehow I still believe that's significantly better than Trump taking what he said seriously and following through on it.

Cognitive dissonance for the win! (loss)
Make up bags of change
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The surveillance economy has 67 days to disarm before Trump is sworn in
Cory Doctorow wrote: The Obama administration asserted the power to raid the massive databases of peoples' private, sensitive information that ad-based tech companies have assembled; the Trump administration has promised to use Obama's powers to effect the surveillance and deportation of 11 millions undocumented migrants, and the ongoing, continuous surveillance of people of Muslim heritage.

Companies like Google and Facebook have 67 days to minimize their data collection and retention before Trump is sworn in. That's 67 days during which they can take a hard, close look at how much of their data they actually need to do their jobs, and how much they're storing because hard drives are cheap and someone might have a cool idea down the line somewhere.

Dutch governments used their registers to record the homes of ethnic minorities in its border; these files could have been used by the Nazis to figure out which doors to break down. That's why, on 27 March 1943, the Dutch resistance set fire to the municipal records hall, why the firefighters who responded made sure that they kept watering the building long after the fire was out, destroying any records that survived.

What will Googlers and Facebookers tell their children in ten years when they ask about the databases that Trump asserted the right to raid?
That's some quality Godwinianism right there.

Rip

Post by Rip »

https://nypost.com/2016/11/13/trump-is- ... Redirect=1
President-elect Donald Trump is so disgusted with Chris Christie’s handling of the Bridgegate scandal that he’s kicking the New Jersey governor out of his inner circle, The Post has learned.

“Trump thought it was shameful that Christie didn’t take the fall for [convicted aide] Bridget Kelly,” said a source close to the transition team. “Trump is really angry that Christie is sending a soccer mom to jail. He believes 100 percent that Christie was behind it all.”

Christie’s former deputy chief of staff was convicted in federal court earlier this month along with former Port Authority executive Bill Baroni. They were charged with causing dangerous traffic tie-ups on the George Washington Bridge in September 2013 as political payback for Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich not endorsing Christie.

Kelly testified that Christie knew of the shutdown of several lanes of traffic, a charge Christie has repeatedly denied.

The former aides could face more than 20 years in jail.

“Trump really doesn’t like it when married women with kids get hurt in politics,” said the source. “Trump was pretty disgusted with Christie.”

Christie’s failure to take responsibility for Bridgegate was the final straw in an already eroding relationship, said a second source, who is close to the Trump campaign.

“She was a factor in the decision because Trump didn’t like seeing her crying,” the source said.

When Christie again denied all responsibility for Bridgegate in an interview with Charlie Rose on Monday, Trump’s frustration grew, the source said.

Tensions had been building for weeks between the two men, with some Trump insiders questioning Christie’s loyalty in the last month of the campaign, when it looked like Trump would lose.

Christie canceled appearances on Sunday shows after the Access Hollywood video of Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women was leaked on Oct. 7, the source said. He also failed to attend the second debate, and canceled campaigning with Trump in the last weekend of the race, the source said.

Christie was formally pushed aside Friday as chair of Trump’s transition team and the job given to Vice President-elect Mike Pence. Tech billionaire and loyal Trump supporter Peter Thiel, also added to the team Friday, will have a leadership role, the first source told The Post. Christie retains a token title of vice chair but no real role going forward, sources said.
:clap: