The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Max Peck »

Paingod wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 pm I think the 'best' thing we're getting out of this is seeing how remarkably low the bar actually is for a sitting president. Once this part is over, I hope a slew of new guidelines and regulations hit regarding presidential power, behavior, tax releases, and anything else Trump has abused land and stick forever.

It's a position of dignity and leadership. It's not a podium for bullies and bigots.
Obviously nobody has explained to Trump what "bully pulpit" actually means. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tjg_marantz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:51 pm That 36 year old Trump judicial nominee...
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/u ... QgVF?amp=1

Married to white house lawyer. Never declared on form.

Only the best baby.
The fact that these people continue to get passed through on party line votes simply continues to confirm that every sitting elected Republican needs to go. The sheer volume of party before country is astounding.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 pm
Holman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:51 pm Sometimes I revisit the Trump threads from last year and remember when it was necessary to argue that Trump would be a bad president.
Well to his credit, he's actually even worse than I imagined. At once a week he does something that any other president would have never done. It's quite an achievement.
Yeah, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, I hoped he would become presidential. But that hope died with his doom and gloom inaugural address and then took a final nail through the heart at the first press conference with Spicer insisting it was a record breaking inaugural crowd.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Time will tell, but I don't think I'll miss having European military leadership:
It took 70 years, but the European Union finally signed a pact today (Nov. 13) agreeing to integrate military funding, weapons development, and deployment of European defenses. In a way, creating a unified mega army.

US president’s Donald Trump’s frequent accusations that EU countries do not pay enough into NATO has been one catalyst for them move forward with a unified plan for military cooperation. The other is that it could legitimately diminish the bloc’s dependence on US military support.

EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini, called the pact “historic” as “the real problem is not how much we spend, it is the fact we spend in a fragmented manner.”
She also said it would strengthen the work of the US-led NATO.

The UK had always resisted the idea of joint EU defense, fearing some kind of big “European army,” but the country’s planned exit from the bloc has removed that hurdle, allowing 23 other EU countries to move forward. Once Brexit happens, the UK could still possibly be involved, but for a price.

The group will have a €5 billion ($5.8 billion) European Defense Fund to buy weapons, a different fund for operations, and also get money from the EU budget for research. In the end, it means that the EU would have stronger, better synchronized national military forces to respond to crises together. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel called it a “milestone in European development.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

A tweet for every occasion.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Geez. There really is one.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

OK everyone...place your bets.
I will be making a major statement from the @WhiteHouse upon my return to D.C. Time and date to be set.
Oooo, a cliffhanger. Running the country like a reality show is awesome! :roll:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Skinypupy wrote:OK everyone...place your bets.
I will be making a major statement from the @WhiteHouse upon my return to D.C. Time and date to be set.
Oooo, a cliffhanger. Running the country like a reality show is awesome! :roll:
Some people are telling me Roy Moore ran Hillary's private email server! I told you people. Maga! Maga! Maga!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

tjg_marantz wrote:A tweet for every occasion.

That stud muffin Roy Moore really cornered the 14-16 year old market.

Stay classy Donald!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 am OK everyone...place your bets.
The tanks roll Now! War begins now against...the Clinton Foundation. Return our uranium!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

A "major statement"? His Pidgin is so endearing.

I wonder if his "major statement" is going to be as awesome as this "major award":
Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 am OK everyone...place your bets.
He's going to announce that he has full confidence in Jeff Sessions?

EDIT: Seriously though, my money is on announcing a full Clinton investigation. He needs the boost.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

There's at least a 30% chance of "nothing at all". Trump's always promising big news / things right around the corner.
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Here's a new one. Trump thinks his approval numbers are in the 50s, but the "FAKE NEWS" likes to say they're in the 30s.

Ah, Rasmussen.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Putin told him Russia wasn't involved in the election so he's firing Mueller since there's nothing to investigate.

But it's probably about the Clinton Foundation.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 am Putin told him Russia wasn't involved in the election so he's firing Mueller since there's nothing to investigate.

But it's probably about the Clinton Foundation.
"Why not both?"
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Regardless of the source (Rasmussen :lol: ), I love the fact that Trump thinks a 46% approval rate is somehow banner-worthy.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm
tjg_marantz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:51 pm That 36 year old Trump judicial nominee...
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/u ... QgVF?amp=1

Married to white house lawyer. Never declared on form.

Only the best baby.
The fact that these people continue to get passed through on party line votes simply continues to confirm that every sitting elected Republican needs to go. The sheer volume of party before country is astounding.
It gets better:

Before Trump tapped him for a lifetime appointment on the federal bench, he was ghost hunter.
On his questionnaire for the Senate Judiciary Committee, a copy of which was provided to The Daily Beast, Talley says that he was part of The Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group from 2009-2010. The group, according to its website, searches for the truth “of the paranormal existence” in addition to helping “those who may be living with paranormal activity that can be disruptive and/or traumatic.”

[...]

“Mainly we may go into a house between maybe 7 at night and 6 in the morning and stay up all night long and see if we can see what’s going on,” Higdon told The Daily Beast in a phone interview, when asked about the paranormal group’s work generally. “If we go into a private house, we mainly try and debunk what’s going on.”

Higdon said that 85-90 percent of the time, they don’t discover any kind of paranormal activity.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Senate committee questions Trump nuclear authority
For the first time in over 40 years, Congress is examining a US president's authority to launch a nuclear attack.

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing is titled Authority to Order the Use of Nuclear Weapons.

The panel's Republican chairman accused President Trump last month of setting the US "on a path to World War III".

In August, Mr Trump vowed to unleash "fire and fury like the world has never seen" on North Korea if it continued to expand its atomic weapons programme.

The last time Congress debated this issue was over a four-day hearing in March 1976.
A nervous laugh

Senator Chris Murphy, a Connecticut Democrat, explained the reason for Tuesday's public hearing.

"We are concerned that the president is so unstable, is so volatile, has a decision-making process that is so quixotic, that he might order a nuclear-weapons strike that is wildly out of step with US national-security interests."

Senators also wanted to know what would happen if the president ordered a nuclear strike.

Robert Kehler, an ex-commander of US Strategic Command, said that in his former role he would have followed the president's order to carry out the strike - if it were legal.

Mr Kehler said if he were uncertain about its legality, he would consult with his own advisers.

Under certain circumstances, he explained: "I would have said, 'I'm not ready to proceed.'"

One senator, Ron Johnson, a Republican from Wisconsin, asked: "Then what happens?"

Mr Kehler admitted: "I don't know."

People in the room laughed.

But the BBC's Tara McKelvey, who attended the hearing, said it was a nervous laugh.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Mission Accomplished!
The three-star general is leaving Puerto Rico, ending his mission of providing relief from the devastation of Hurricane Maria.

Troops are being pulled out, too, along with helicopters that have flown supplies and equipment to communities cut off by landslides and broken roads.

Yet government statistics say power is still not on for more than half of homes and businesses, and water is out for more than 1 in 10.

Lieutenant General Jeffrey Buchanan recognizes that Puerto Rico is far from back to normal, but seven weeks after the hurricane hit, he insists the time is right to pass the baton.

"I think we're in the right place to transition," he tells CNN on the last day of his deployment.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Donald Trump, still telling lies about Obama.
Before boarding the plane in Manila to come home, Trump bragged to the press that he's pushed relations with the Philippines to new heights.

"And as you know, we were having a lot of problems with the Philippines," he said. "The relationship with the past administration was horrible, to use a nice word. I would say horrible is putting it mildly. You know what happened. Many of you were there, and you never got to land. The plane came close but it didn't land."

That prompted a lot of head-scratching.

President Barack Obama last visited the Philippines in November 2015, arriving in Manila after an overnight flight from Turkey. There were no problems with landing the plane. Obama used the visit to announce the United States was transferring two ships to the Philippine Navy.

Perhaps Trump was referring erroneously to Obama's aborted meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte? In September 2016, Obama abruptly canceled a meeting with the new Philippines leader in Laos after Duterte called him an obscene name. Duterte was warning Obama not to speak with him about the brutality of his crackdown on the illegal drug trade.
Hodor.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:01 am

To me he looks like Norman Bates' mother in a ball cap in that pic. Or rather Norman Bates in drag as his mother in a ball cap.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm Donald Trump, still telling lies about Obama.
Before boarding the plane in Manila to come home, Trump bragged to the press that he's pushed relations with the Philippines to new heights.

"And as you know, we were having a lot of problems with the Philippines," he said. "The relationship with the past administration was horrible, to use a nice word. I would say horrible is putting it mildly. You know what happened. Many of you were there, and you never got to land. The plane came close but it didn't land."

That prompted a lot of head-scratching.

President Barack Obama last visited the Philippines in November 2015, arriving in Manila after an overnight flight from Turkey. There were no problems with landing the plane. Obama used the visit to announce the United States was transferring two ships to the Philippine Navy.

Perhaps Trump was referring erroneously to Obama's aborted meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte? In September 2016, Obama abruptly canceled a meeting with the new Philippines leader in Laos after Duterte called him an obscene name. Duterte was warning Obama not to speak with him about the brutality of his crackdown on the illegal drug trade.
Pushing relations with a murderous dictator to new heights, pushes America to new depths.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tjg_marantz wrote:A tweet for every occasion.

That’s so gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 pm
That’s so gross.
is it?

I had no idea. It's not like he kept a harem for his personal
sexual gratification .

I have been instructed that this is something to aspire to, not revile.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm
That’s so gross.
is it?

sexual gratification .

Posts like this are why I continue to picture Green Goo as the Wise Old Man on the mountaintop.

Even then, I imagine the robe hitches into an uncomfortable spot every once in awhile.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

GreenGoo wrote:
That’s so gross.
is it?

sexual gratification .

Trump uses his wealth and power to lure young women. The power dynamic is totally in his favor and he wants to call that “talent”? That takes no talent. Just a complete lack of character. You can glorify that if you want. I think it is gross.

Rip

Post by Rip »

Scoop20906 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:14 am
GreenGoo wrote:
That’s so gross.
is it?

sexual gratification .

Trump uses his wealth and power to lure young women. The power dynamic is totally in his favor and he wants to call that “talent”? That takes no talent. Just a complete lack of character. You can glorify that if you want. I think it is gross.

What did Hef use?
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rip wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:14 am
GreenGoo wrote:
That’s so gross.
is it?

sexual gratification .

What did Hef use?
What about bengahzi?

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I have not read the thread that Green Goo linked but how does Hugh Hefner being disgusting for his sexual depredation of younger women exonerate Moore of his own depravity?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Why does Rip think his Breitbart example is praiseworthy? It shows the Republicans would have done the same to Moore if he was a Democrat, and rejoiced in exposing him. It exposes the hypocrisy of Moore's defenders.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Rip

Post by Rip »

Remus West wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:23 am I have not read the thread that Green Goo linked but how does Hugh Hefner being disgusting for his sexual depredation of younger women exonerate Moore of his own depravity?
I think that was the point. For the most part the public doesn't view Hef as being disgusting. Just look at the beating Goo took for calling him the scumbag he is in the Hef thread.
— Benjamin Rush
--
Rip

Post by Rip »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 am Why does Rip think his Breitbart example is praiseworthy? It shows the Republicans would have done the same to Moore if he was a Democrat, and rejoiced in exposing him. It exposes the hypocrisy of Moore's defenders.
Huh? What Breitbart example is that?
— Benjamin Rush
--
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Preposterous golem is preposterous.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:30 am Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!

What the hell is that even in reference to?
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Players were caught shoplifting in China and being held by authorities there. Trump supposedly talked to his new buddy Xi and convinced him to let them go.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:30 am Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!

This is beyond words.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

China frees UCLA basketball players held over 'shoplifting'
Three US college basketball players detained in China for alleged shoplifting have been released.

The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) players had reportedly been caught shoplifting at a Louis Vuitton store in Shanghai last week.

US President Donald Trump said he raised the issue with China's leader Xi Jinping during his Asia trip.

It remains unclear whether the charges have been dropped and if the players will be suspended from their team.

The three players, Cody Riley, LiAngelo Ball and Jalen Hill have returned home to Los Angeles.

UCLA Chancellor Gene Block said he was pleased the three had been released.

"Our primary focus has been on bringing our students back safely," he said in a statement. "I want to be clear that we take seriously any violations of the law," he added, and said the incident was being reviewed by the university.

Commissioner for the Pac-12 league Larry Scott said in a statement the "matter [had] been resolved to the satisfaction of the Chinese authorities".

He thanked "the president, the White House and the US State Department for their efforts towards resolution".