The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Combustible Lemur

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Daehawk wrote:
If the left could admit to that and honestly say we are sorry, take ownership for our part in it (yes, part. we all today reap the benefits of generations of human slavery and cruelty just by living here) then I feel like it would be great first step to moving into a solution.
No Scoop no no. This is the problem. We dont move on from the past. We can acknowledge it and yes it was wrong. But apologize? No. Ive never owned a slave, Ive never known a slave. My family never owned a slave. And no one around has ever been a slave. I dont owe anyone an apology. Apologizing for something no one has done simply perpetuates the hate and hurt feelings on both sides. One side will feel owed for something they dont deserve and the other will feel they paid something for what they never had or did.

What we need is to simply stop hate right now and move on with our future together in a world of kindness and understanding. It seems everyone in the world is racist to some extent today. Id like to drop it all and just live life. We dont get long on the stupid planet. We all need to treat each other equal and fair. No that doesn't happen but it should have a long time ago.Keeping hurt feelings and passing them down generation after generation is not solving anything.

I dont like being involved in race stuff...reading this for the fun Trump stuff...but the apology BS is one thing that has always pissed me off.
While I appreciate this sentiment, the unfortunate reality is that writ large, POC "in general" are left and subject to lesser conditions and intrinsic biases that the broad base of middle to upper class white people are not. Are there millions of people who are inverse to this generality? Yeah, but in a country of three hundred million 149 million people is still a minority.
On the flip side, I feel like those activists and or instigators on the left that refuse to separate the massive class based priviledge and conditions from racial discrimination are doing brand harm to the cause of fixing inequity.
So while you in your situation may not owe anyone an apology because despite your race, you live less privileged than many POC, On the national scale there are a shit load of white Americans that are happy to vote for the war on drugs putting millions more POC in prison, while their little johny or Suzy gets a ticket. Maximum time! But not my baby. Respect the cops! Until it inconveniences me. Pull your bootstraps! While I use the step ladder .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Edit: I think two good comparisons are Appalachia, and the opioid epidic. Are former coal minors just lazy? Did the danger of drug war just start with opioids.
Last edited by Combustible Lemur on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had to look up POC thats how little I get out.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Combustible Lemur

Daehawk wrote:I had to look up POC thats how little I get out.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote:Lord - I know. It seems we ..or rather our Government....can spend billions $$$$ on wars and things but when it comes to actually helping our people they would rather raise taxes and cut a program to help those who dont need the help. When they do 'help' they help other countries while our homeless and hungry children who number in the hundred thousands stay hungry, sick, and die with nothing.

Take Aids...they fight it everywhere but do you see anything here about it? Do you see TV commercials with any info? Do they teach it anywhere? I never hear a thing about it unless the Gov is sending so and so this and that much aid to help them.
I have no idea where you are going with this.

Foreign Aid is less than 1% of the federal budget.

Safety net programs (those that help keep people from being homeless and the like) are 10% of the federal budget.

I'm not sure what you want in terms of HIV.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I wonder if the Congressional GOP is tired of all this winning yet.
Conservative lawmakers voiced their opposition to President Trump’s deal with Democratic congressional leaders, arguing the three-month government spending bill that also raises the debt ceiling should not be passed because it does not include federal spending cuts.

The chairman of the conservative Republican Study Committee objected to the agreement in a letter to House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), while Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) proposed an amendment to pass relief for Hurricane Harvey victims as a stand-alone bill in the upper chamber, decoupled from debates over federal spending and the debt ceiling.

The moves came just as news broke that Trump and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) are working on a separate deal that would repeal the debt ceiling by December, another betrayal by the president that would erase one of the few points of leverage conservatives have to extract spending cuts during high-stakes fiscal debates.

As of midday Thursday, opponents seemed unlikely to derail the package combining $15.25 billion in Harvey aid with a temporary debt-ceiling hike and funding to keep the government open until Dec. 8. A wide, bipartisan majority of lawmakers wants to tie an increase in the debt limit to storm relief, allowing Congress to take care of two crucial priorities with limited controversy. Senators hoped to approve the package deal by the end of the day and send back to the House for passage before the weekend, partly to ensure emergency funds don’t run out.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessn ... ted_States
About 1.56 million people, or about 0.5% of the U.S. population, used an emergency shelter or a transitional housing program between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009. Around 44% of homeless people were employed.
And that was 8 years ago.
On a single night in January 2015, 564,708 people were experiencing homelessness — meaning they were sleeping outside or in an emergency shelter or transitional housing program. In total, 33 states and the District of Columbia (D.C.) reported decreases in overall homelessness, while 16 states reported increases.Apr 6, 2016
This amazes me that there are so many. Surely more can be done with the money our Government has to work with.

As for HIV I never hear of it any longer. I dont see it on tv or on the news. I never hear of any education on it. Used to be you knew many ways of learning about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/over ... lance.html
Among white gay and bisexual men, diagnoses dropped steadily, declining 18% overall.
Among Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men, diagnoses rose by 24%.
Although diagnoses among African American gay and bisexual men increased 22%, they have leveled off in the past 5 years, increasing less than 1% since 2010.
Young African American gay and bisexual men (aged 13 to 24) experienced an 87% increase in diagnoses. But since 2010, diagnoses have declined 2%.
The numbers show a severe lack of education in the poorer segment and minority areas. Surely no one thinks the rates are worse for them because they are dumber than another race or something. Is it drugs? Then put money into programs and awareness stuff. Is it sex education....change the ways it is taught...or more likely not taught. Its a very odd imbalance if you look at it by race and poverty.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wonder if the Congressional GOP is tired of all this winning yet.
It seems as if they dont care who gets hurt or how bad they look doing it that they'll do anything they can just to not get along with anyone..even their own President. I speak of the Republican majority as a whole in DC.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Surely more can be done with the money our Government has to work with.
Heh.

I can only assume you are new here.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Paingod wrote:[

I suppose that's why I get offended when people complain about white people holding down black people, or other people. For me, skin color has nothing to do with it.
For you, maybe not. But blacks and other minorities (including many "white" ethnic groups) were intentionally and systematically "held down." The vestiges of which are still very real today, especially for blacks. That's not to say someone is guilty of racism simply because they are white today. But denying what has happened in the past certainly doesn't make it go away.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Daehawk wrote:
If the left could admit to that and honestly say we are sorry, take ownership for our part in it (yes, part. we all today reap the benefits of generations of human slavery and cruelty just by living here) then I feel like it would be great first step to moving into a solution.
No Scoop no no. This is the problem. We dont move on from the past. We can acknowledge it and yes it was wrong. But apologize? No. Ive never owned a slave, Ive never known a slave. My family never owned a slave. And no one around has ever been a slave. I dont owe anyone an apology. Apologizing for something no one has done simply perpetuates the hate and hurt feelings on both sides. One side will feel owed for something they dont deserve and the other will feel they paid something for what they never had or did.

What we need is to simply stop hate right now and move on with our future together in a world of kindness and understanding. It seems everyone in the world is racist to some extent today. Id like to drop it all and just live life. We dont get long on the stupid planet. We all need to treat each other equal and fair. No that doesn't happen but it should have a long time ago.Keeping hurt feelings and passing them down generation after generation is not solving anything.

I dont like being involved in race stuff...reading this for the fun Trump stuff...but the apology BS is one thing that has always pissed me off.
It's not really about slavery TODAY. We are certainly still battling internally with the problems that slavery caused, though. I wonder if maybe too many assume that the civil rights era fixed everything, so everyone should just shut up about "the late unpleasantness" and get on with our lives.

I just don't think there has been a real, national reckoning and reflection on the fact that too many in our society, still today, resent and/or fear people of color. And for those on both sides of the issue, if there are only two, here: for those who hold the hate/fear/bigotry in their hearts, whether openly or not, and those who don't have that hate and bigotry, but assume (hope) it's not there (even in others - their neighbors, friends and family), and refuse to believe that it could be.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LawBeefaroni wrote:

I suppose that's why I get offended when people complain about white people holding down black people, or other people. For me, skin color has nothing to do with it.
For you, maybe not. But blacks and other minorities (including many "white" ethnic groups) were intentionally and systematically "held down." The vestiges of which are still very real today, especially for blacks. That's not to say someone is guilty of racism simply because they are white today. But denying what has happened in the past certainly doesn't make it go away.
I agree, LB. White people are not racist because they are white. They are idiots because they want to deny the history of racism and violence of this country. How would you like it if you were walking down a street in your town only to find out that that tree up on the hill was used to lynch someone who looked alot like you. Would it matter if it only happened 10 day or 10 year ago? That is reality and it is history. People who live today who look like that person who was lynched still feel that. It hasn't gone away. What did that officer say the other day? "We only kill black people, right?" You think people don't say that ALL the time? What if you son looked like that person who got lynched all those years ago. Would you feel good about letting him walk down that same street? I would not. Being white has nothing to do with it, you are right. But history is ALL ABOUT white people abusing other races in this country and I think WE white people have a responsibility to be sensitive to that. If white people started to see it was their responsibility to work the heal the wounds of this country I think we would be alot stronger as a community.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:
Rip wrote:Trump isn't POTUS because of racism.

This is why he is POTUS.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/cluelessne ... y-clinton/
If he were African American or Latino or Asian or Jewish, he would not be president today. Period.

Trump is a backlash, not a thoughtful choice.
If he was a career politician he wouldn't have been elected.

The backlash is true but it was against the lifelong politicians not against non-whites or women.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ben Carson wasn't a career politician.

Carly Fiorina wasn't a career politician.

But one was black and one was female. A large portion of America couldn't abide that. You can believe whatever you want, but the current environment makes me believe you're wrong.

Trump ran on a platform of implied (and sometimes just overt) racism (and sexism). And it got him elected. Hopefully those who stayed home instead of voting last time get their act together and keep this kind of crap from happening again.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Rip wrote:
If he was a career politician he wouldn't have been elected.
He's a career liar, philanderer, promise-breaker, and venal sellout. He's a career politician in all but name and token public service.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Combustible Lemur

Scoop20906 wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:

I agree, LB. White people are not racist because they are white. They are idiots because they want to deny the history of racism and violence of this country. How would you like it if you were walking down a street in your town only to find out that that tree up on the hill was used to lynch someone who looked alot like you. Would it matter if it only happened 10 day or 10 year ago? That is reality and it is history. People who live today who look like that person who was lynched still feel that. It hasn't gone away. What did that officer say the other day? "We only kill black people, right?" You think people don't say that ALL the time? What if you son looked like that person who got lynched all those years ago. Would you feel good about letting him walk down that same street? I would not. Being white has nothing to do with it, you are right. But history is ALL ABOUT white people abusing other races in this country and I think WE white people have a responsibility to be sensitive to that. If white people started to see it was their responsibility to work the heal the wounds of this country I think we would be alot stronger as a community.
I agree with pretty much all of this. I would add that though I don't really agree with it, the current Progressive (activist, young, etc?) Perception is that what was traditionally the definition of racism has changed. And the new versions are pretty uncomfortable foe white people. I'm simply trying to paraphrase from articles, social posts, etc, not making a personal assertion.
Prejudice: non fact based bias against a group or idea.
Bigotry: non fact based bias against someone's identity including but not limited to race.
Institutional racism: the environment and repurcussions associated with a societal and cultural level of racism as evidenced in law, education, economy, voting policy, and housing distribution.
Racism: the discrimination of a group in power over a group or groups that disenfranchises, marginalises, and persecuted said disempowered groups based on skin tone and or ethnic background.
It seems that a growing segment within the progressive movement does not consider non Power based bigotry as racism. Such that while the Irish may once have been the victims of racism, due to their current equity in American culture they aren't any more. Or that POC can't be racist against white people because they lack the social statuses of power that create racism

I don't really like this semantically because it seems to shoehorn non race based qualifiers into a word traditionally associated with a variety of ethnic connotations . And i feel that it closes the distinctio. Between racism and institutional racism. But I am also reticent to tell the groups that are involved in activism against racism that is living and real that I can't be racist because their evolving definition is semantically dumb.

I say this to put in context that while I understand people's annoyance with being labeled generalized as racist within the larger group, and I honestly feel it too, the grips on the other side feel these generalizations on a daily basis and frame the conversation in such way that it's not so much a personal attack as social generalization. It's also seen that whether you like it or not if your the guy shouting I'm not privileged or racist because I don't care about skin color you're part of the system that perpetuates the disparities. Thus part of the problem. Ie. Not all republicans are racist but white people keep majority voting for republicans whose policies often exacerbate institutional racism.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:

Scoop. You nailed it.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Combustible Lemur wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:

I agree with pretty much all of this. I would add that though I don't really agree with it, the current Progressive (activist, young, etc?) Perception is that what was traditionally the definition of racism has changed. And the new versions are pretty uncomfortable foe white people. I'm simply trying to paraphrase from articles, social posts, etc, not making a personal assertion.
Prejudice: non fact based bias against a group or idea.
Bigotry: non fact based bias against someone's identity including but not limited to race.
Institutional racism: the environment and repurcussions associated with a societal and cultural level of racism as evidenced in law, education, economy, voting policy, and housing distribution.
Racism: the discrimination of a group in power over a group or groups that disenfranchises, marginalises, and persecuted said disempowered groups based on skin tone and or ethnic background.
It seems that a growing segment within the progressive movement does not consider non Power based bigotry as racism. Such that while the Irish may once have been the victims of racism, due to their current equity in American culture they aren't any more. Or that POC can't be racist against white people because they lack the social statuses of power that create racism

I don't really like this semantically because it seems to shoehorn non race based qualifiers into a word traditionally associated with a variety of ethnic connotations . And i feel that it closes the distinctio. Between racism and institutional racism. But I am also reticent to tell the groups that are involved in activism against racism that is living and real that I can't be racist because their evolving definition is semantically dumb.

I say this to put in context that while I understand people's annoyance with being labeled generalized as racist within the larger group, and I honestly feel it too, the grips on the other side feel these generalizations on a daily basis and frame the conversation in such way that it's not so much a personal attack as social generalization. It's also seen that whether you like it or not if your the guy shouting I'm not privileged or racist because I don't care about skin color you're part of the system that perpetuates the disparities. Thus part of the problem. Ie. Not all republicans are racist but white people keep majority voting for republicans whose policies often exacerbate institutional racism.

Hmm, I hadn't really thought about how the definitions of the words are changing as well. Heck, I'm not even sure what the difference between liberals and progressives are (I have a hard time defining what they are).

Combustible Lemur

To the best of my knowledge liberals got sick of their belief system being used as a perjorative, doubled down on academia, and rebranded as progressive.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Combustible Lemur wrote:To the best of my knowledge liberals got sick of their belief system being used as a perjorative, doubled down on academia, and rebranded as progressive.
So, progressive is to liberal as alt-right is to evil motherfuckers?

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Combustible Lemur

Max Peck wrote:
Combustible Lemur wrote:To the best of my knowledge liberals got sick of their belief system being used as a perjorative, doubled down on academia, and rebranded as progressive.
Yeah probably.Image

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Max Peck wrote:
No.

oh wait. Yeah - that's exactly right.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:Scoop. You nailed it.
Thank you. :)

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Trump hires the best people, who do the best email.

Trump lawyer Ty Cobb, fooled by 'email prankster,' asks for 'drone' in private emails slamming reporter
White House special counsel Ty Cobb engaged in a lengthy email exchange with a prankster posing as White House social media director Dan Scavino, during which Cobb asked whether there was "any drone time left" when discussing a Business Insider reporter he described as "insane."

Over the past few days, Business Insider has reported on other email exchanges in which Cobb asked this reporter if she was "on drugs" and delved into his motivations for taking a job in President Donald Trump's White House.

In the new exchange, the self-described "email prankster," who tweets under the name @SINON_REBORN and provided the emails to Business Insider, wrote to Cobb's official White House account on Tuesday night.

Asked to comment on the exchange, Cobb told Business Insider: "No idea--it is a felony of course to impersonate a government official of course, or to conspire to." He did not respond to follow-up questions.

The prankster, who has also targeted other White House officials, sent the email from "dan.scavinojr@emailprankster.co.uk" with the subject line "Nipping it in the bud."
One wonders how much time Ty Cobb and Sarah Huckabee Sanders spend helping Nigerian princes and collecting lottery winnings.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

:lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump supporters freak out

It wasn't even about what they thought it was. I actually read the story myself a couple days ago and not once did I think what they though. What the hell is wrong with them??

The story was post by George Takei
NPR ran a story on Monday that seems to have stirred up quite a controversy among baby boomers (those Americans who were born between 1946 and 1955.)

Countless boomers have taken to social media to decry the article, which features this seemingly innocuous headline:
Get Off The Couch Baby Boomers, Or You May Not Be Able To Later

It appears the angry commenters never actually read the article, however, which is simply a piece about how sitting for 13-14 hours a day may increase your risk of disease. Instead, they seem to have assumed that the article was about the laziness of their generation and were immediately triggered.
Lots a tweets from angry Trumpers.
Get Off The Couch Baby Boomers" We did get off the couch and elected @POTUS what we need is the millennials to get out of their basements
malchior

Post by malchior »

Funny that Trump is pretty much the poster child example of their worst excesses as well. :)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The Trump/Dem lovefest continues as Pelosi convinces Trump to tweet reassurances to DACA recipients that they won't face any trouble.

This must be a tough time for the GOP in Washington. They thought they were Ivanka, but they're just now finding out they're Tiffany. :cry:
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Looks like Democratic Party Trump is starting to appear.

Shall we start the countdown til he starts tweeting about wanting single payer health care?
Hodor.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:The Trump/Dem lovefest continues as Pelosi convinces Trump to tweet reassurances to DACA recipients that they won't face any trouble.

This must be a tough time for the GOP in Washington. They thought they were Ivanka, but they're just now finding out they're Tiffany. :cry:
Who?

:mrgreen:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

pr0ner wrote:Looks like Democratic Party Trump is starting to appear.
I don't think this is Democratic Party Trump so much as it is Bitchslapping Ryan and McConnell Trump.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think he'll throw just about anyone under the bus as long as it puts him in a good light. But I hold out hope that the dems can use that to their advantage now.
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Well, here's one way to test whether the Rogue POTUS Staff tweets really has inside info. This tweet is in reference to rumors of an anti-LGBT Executive Order:
(if you're on Tapatalk - it says rumors are true and to expect it by the end of the week).

I really hope, at least for this case, they don't have any inside info...
Arise old post!

Some rumors are now floating about the Twitterverse that RoguePOTUSStaff was none other than Steve Bannon.
Because people keeping asking me - Rogue Potus Staff is/was Bannon. He started it as a means to "keep tabs" on the resistance. Good riddance
Of course, these rumors are flowing around the Mensch sphere now so I would take them with a giant grain of salt, but it would be pretty hilarious if true.
Hodor.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Defying Trump, Senate panel approves funding for U.N. climate body
The U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee passed a spending bill on Thursday evening that includes $10 million to help fund the United Nations’ climate change body that oversees the Paris Climate Agreement, despite President Donald Trump’s decision to stop funding it.

The 30-member Senate panel, which allocates federal funds to various government agencies and organizations, approved a $51 billion spending bill for the State Department and foreign operations, which included an amendment to continue funding the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change as well as the scientific body the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

The amendment passed even though the 2018 budget proposal that Trump, a Republican, introduced earlier this year eliminated support of any mechanism to finance climate change projects in developing countries and organizations.
The article also threw in this little tidbit...
In a diplomatic cable that Reuters obtained last month, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said U.S. diplomats should sidestep questions from foreign governments on how the United States plans re-engage in the global Paris climate agreement.

The cable also said diplomats should make clear that the United States wants to help other countries use fossil fuels, which have been linked to global warming.
I wonder if it was intended as a sly dig to clarify that Trump is a Republican. :)

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish »

Rip wrote:Trump isn't POTUS because of racism.

This is why he is POTUS.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/cluelessne ... y-clinton/
Why not both? But yeah, she has a lot more in common with the Mangerine than with the common person, and she just doesn't get it.
me in OO -> just reading, but sometimes I do speak my mind
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sigh.

America is getting exactly what it deserves.

Enjoy.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Every time I read a story about Trump's dumb ass daughter shoving her nose into places she's certifiably unqualified to, it makes me wanna scream. Today it was reported that she met with the fed chair back in July.

Remember when Chelsea Clinton or the Obama daughters did stuff like that?

Oh wait, they didn't. They had qualified fathers who weren't as idiotic as the Mangerine.
He won. Period.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I think she is trying to set up enough photo ops so she can run in place of her father when the indictments start rolling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

hepcat wrote:Remember when Chelsea Clinton or the Obama daughters did stuff like that?
Were they adults during their father's Presidency?

I freely admit, however, that if Hillary was President and Chelsea was doing everything Trump's kids are doing Fox News and Trump would be throwing a fit. That's why watching the news is pointless. It's all about entertainment and not news.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

But I am not entertained.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moliere wrote:
hepcat wrote:Remember when Chelsea Clinton or the Obama daughters did stuff like that?
Were they adults during their father's Presidency?

I freely admit, however, that if Hillary was President and Chelsea was doing everything Trump's kids are doing Fox News and Trump would be throwing a fit. That's why watching the news is pointless. It's all about entertainment and not news.
Enlarge Image