The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

msteelers

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by msteelers »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Rip wrote:Yea, that isn't what he said at all.
And on Thursday in Florida, before his comments aboard Air Force One about climate change, Trump said the people of Florida experienced something "the likes of which we can say really say nobody's ever seen before."

"They've never seen a category like this come in because it came in really at a five," he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/politics/ ... index.html

He is obviously talking about being a cat5 all the way to landfall.

Kind of kills the buzz of when he actually does say stupid shit.
This is still stupid shit.
Can't he just say something plainly? What should be a simple sentence needs translation.
They've never seen a category like this come in because it came in really at a five.
This kind of word salad is typical of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
It's also bullshit because Irma was a Cat 4 when it hit the keys, and a cat 3 when it hit again in SW Florida.

The historical nature of Irma's impact on Florida isn't that it was this monster, powerful storm. It's that the storm was massive and delivered hurricane force winds over nearly the entire state. Normally you have some portion of the state that is safe, but in this case there was nowhere to go.

Who knew evacuating an entire state would be so difficult?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My parents in Panama City didn't have any issues. Damn Peninsulars always forgetting about the Panhandlers. :tjg:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
naednek

Post by naednek »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Rip wrote:Yea, that isn't what he said at all.
And on Thursday in Florida, before his comments aboard Air Force One about climate change, Trump said the people of Florida experienced something "the likes of which we can say really say nobody's ever seen before."

"They've never seen a category like this come in because it came in really at a five," he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/politics/ ... index.html

He is obviously talking about being a cat5 all the way to landfall.

Kind of kills the buzz of when he actually does say stupid shit.
This is still stupid shit.
Can't he just say something plainly? What should be a simple sentence needs translation.
They've never seen a category like this come in because it came in really at a five.
This kind of word salad is typical of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
He makes George W Bush sound like an elegant speaker
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Enough

Post by Enough »

Trump is on twitter demanding that ESPN apologize. It's fine for him to call Obama racist for years but if some unknown sports reporter tweets out something on her personal account? Time for going scorched earth on ESPN.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

His low self esteem will be the death of us.
Covfefe!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote:His low self esteem will be the death of us.
So rarely has such low self esteem been so well deserved.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:My parents in Panama City didn't have any issues. Damn Peninsulars always forgetting about the Panhandlers. :tjg:
The panhandle is Florida in name only. It's more Alabama than Florida.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm not sure whether he's leaking information from a classified briefing, or just indulging in idle speculation.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7987356673
Another attack in London by a loser terrorist.These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/politics/ ... index.html
(CNN)For weeks, ethics watchdog groups had a countdown clock on Twitter promising the public its first glimpse at who has been visiting President Donald Trump's "Winter White House" at Mar-a-Lago earlier this year.
Instead, on Friday the Trump administration turned over a list of only 22 names of foreign dignitaries and staffers related to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's February trip to the Florida resort.
The Trump administration announced in April that it would no longer publicly release White House visitor logs, citing "grave national security risks and privacy concerns of the hundreds of thousands of visitors annually."
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Max Peck wrote:I'm not sure whether he's leaking information from a classified briefing, or just indulging in idle speculation.
Judging by their reaction, I'm going with the latter
British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday it was not helpful for anyone to speculate on investigations after U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted that the culprits behind a train bombing had been “in the sights” of the police.

Soon after 22 people were injured in the attack on a busy underground train in west London, Trump tweeted: “Another attack in London by a loser terrorist. These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!”

His comments appeared to point the finger at British police. Asked whether Trump knew something Britain did not, May said: “I never think it’s helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation”.

Others chimed in, with one of May’s former chief of staffs, Nick Timothy, saying Trump’s comment was “so unhelpful from leader of our ally and intelligence partner”.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Good grief this is embarrassing. The sad fact is that this isn't nearly as bad as other things he has done this week - like again affirm white supremacists or not know super basic grade school facts about common disasters that strike the nation he is leading.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Skinypupy wrote:
British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday it was not helpful for anyone to speculate on investigations after U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted that the culprits behind a train bombing had been “in the sights” of the police.
May's first mistake is in assuming it was supposed to be helpful.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

methinks the President will be getting a dressing down from his Chief of Staff.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

In all honesty, the leadership group does need to take the upper hand and treat this untrained puppy as exactly that. To borrow a line: what do you have to lose?
Unless, of course, they are so dysfunctional that there personal agendas get in the way of saving the country and world from this exceptionally ill-equipped, petulant fool.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

OMG IS THIS FOR REAL? https://twitter.com/wsj/status/909153122764943362
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Maybe Trump's on a timer, and shifts what side he supports every so many years?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Or maybe, like Ebenezer Scrooge, he's seen how the story ends and is now trying to make amends before the inevitable happens and judgement is rendered.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

My hope for the future lasted approximately three minutes. https://twitter.com/glennthrush/status/ ... 8916486145
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Also, IIRC, isn't the earliest the US will be effectively withdrawn from the accord at the end of Trump's term, anyway?
tgb

Post by tgb »

Cue sad trombone.

Here's my favorite part of the story:
The juggalos gathered outside the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday to protest the FBI’s classification of their group as a "loosely organised hybrid gang”.

According to the National Park Service, some 3,000 people were expected to attend the rally on Saturday – almost double the size of the MOAR.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Holman

Post by Holman »

link

Peak crowd estimates I've seen are fewer than 1,000 (with a significant portion of them actually counter-demonstrators).

Organizers were aiming to make it a million strong and advertised it as such.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

tgb wrote:Cue sad trombone.

Here's my favorite part of the story:
The juggalos gathered outside the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday to protest the FBI’s classification of their group as a "loosely organised hybrid gang”.

According to the National Park Service, some 3,000 people were expected to attend the rally on Saturday – almost double the size of the MOAR.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/909138052420907010
Can't get over how good this sign is
Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Experts Say the Use of Private Email by Trump’s Voter Fraud Commission Isn’t Legal
President Donald Trump’s voter fraud commission came under fire earlier this month when a lawsuit and media reports revealed that the commissioners were using private emails to conduct public business. Commission co-chair Kris Kobach confirmed this week that most of them continue to do so.

Experts say the commission’s email practices do not appear to comport with federal law. “The statute here is clear,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle and former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.

Essentially, Baron said, the commissioners have three options: 1. They can use a government email address; 2. They can use a private email address but copy every message to a government account; or 3. They can use a private email address and forward each message to a government account within 20 days. According to Baron, those are the requirements of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, which the commission must comply with under its charter.

“All written communications between or among its members involving commission business are permanent records destined to be preserved at the National Archives,” said Baron. “Without specific guidance, commission members may not realize that their email communications about commission business constitute White House records.”

ProPublica reviewed dozens of emails to and from members of the commission as well as written directives on records retention. The commissioners appear to have been given no instructions to use government email or copy or forward messages to a government account.

Commissioner Matthew Dunlap, the secretary of state for Maine, confirmed that he’d received no such directives. “That’s news to me,” he said, when read the PRA provision governing emails. “I think it would be a little cleaner if I had a us.gov email account.”

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Donald Trump is on a ridiculous retweet storm today, retweeing such gems as these:
He's also retweeting himself.

The person who Trump RT'd in that second tweet tweeted this last year:
Ugh.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I look forward to seeing the history of racist messages by those he's busy retweeting this morning.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Click on the golf one. It's very classy.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Holman wrote:Click on the golf one. It's very classy.
I did. I expect no less.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

If he blew the dog whistle any louder, his damn head would explode.
The travel ban into the United States should be far larger, tougher and more specific-but stupidly, that would not be politically correct!
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

It's funny how he confuses legality with political correctness. And by funny, I mean really goddamn infuriating.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Holman

Post by Holman »

What's fucked-up is how normalized his idiocy and aggression have become in such a short time. We roll our eyes or hardly notice when the President of the United States demonstrates angry immaturity three days out of five.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote:What's fucked-up is how normalized his idiocy and aggression have become in such a short time. We roll our eyes or hardly notice when the President of the United States demonstrates angry immaturity three days out of five.
It's amazing how much shitty behavior (and ignoring of the constitution) you can justify if you just say you're fighting social justice warriors. Gamersgate was a glimpse into this behaviour. It was ugly then. Now it's toying with the idea that the constitution is in the way. Now it's dangerous.
Rip

Post by Rip »

GreenGoo wrote:
Holman wrote:What's fucked-up is how normalized his idiocy and aggression have become in such a short time. We roll our eyes or hardly notice when the President of the United States demonstrates angry immaturity three days out of five.
It's amazing how much shitty behavior (and ignoring of the constitution) you can justify if you just say you're fighting social justice warriors. Gamersgate was a glimpse into this behaviour. It was ugly then. Now it's toying with the idea that the constitution is in the way. Now it's dangerous.
Funny, I haven't heard anyone suggesting the constitution is in the way.

Either way if it is in the way of something then good for it, that is why it is there. In the end nothing has violated it until the SCOTUS says it has.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:
Funny, I haven't heard anyone suggesting the constitution is in the way.
Of course you haven't. You get all your news from Breitbart.

But now that Bannon is on the warpath after getting dumped by his former BFF, you're going to have to find a new sycophant rag from which to get your world view and copy and paste links.

Might I suggest Fox and Friends? They've towed the line so far, so they can give you what you want.
Covfefe!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote: Funny, I haven't heard anyone suggesting the constitution is in the way
Wait, why is that funny?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner wrote:The person who Trump RT'd in that second tweet tweeted this last year:
Ugh.
Now deleted.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

It was something about how there were too many Hasidic Jews in his neighborhood and asking what it would take to have them all removed.
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

You ought to be fired for calling Trump a white supremacist, though. He only retweets them.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently there was at least one aspect of Trump's inauguration that was truly yuge:
President Donald Trump's inaugural committee raised an unprecedented $107 million for a ceremony that officials promised would be "workmanlike," and the committee pledged to give leftover funds to charity. Nearly eight months later, the group has helped pay for redecorating at the White House and the vice president's residence in Washington.

But nothing has yet gone to charity.

What is left from the massive fundraising is a mystery, clouded by messy and, at times, budget-busting management of a private fund that requires little public disclosure. The Associated Press spoke with eight people — vendors, donors and Trump associates — involved in planning and political fundraising for the celebration, an event that provides an early look at the new president's management style and priorities. The people described a chaotic process marked by last-minute decisions, staffing turnover and little financial oversight.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Remember: Hillary was the crooked one. :roll:
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote:Remember: Hillary was the crooked one. :roll:
It's hard to call an Otyugh like Trump crooked. It's offensive to the word.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.