The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Holman »

Bits are coming out tonight from Michael Cohen’s upcoming book.

Stuff like this:

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That's some comic book villain shit right there.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A comical aside...

Another 9/11-style attack may be just around the corner if Joe Biden is elected president, warns Noor bin Ladin, the niece of Sept. 11 terror mastermind Osama bin Laden.

Bin Ladin (whose branch of the family has always spelled their name differently than her infamous uncle) lives in Switzerland but said she considers herself “an American at heart.” A full size US flag hung in her childhood room at age 12 and her dream vacation is an RV trip across America.

“I have been a supporter of President Trump since he announced he was running in the early days in 2015. I have watched from afar and I admire this man’s resolve,” she said. “He must be reelected … It’s vital for the future of not only America, but western civilization as a whole.”

Noor, who said she regularly wears a “Make America Great Again” hat (and occasionally a Trump bedtime onesie), has had to confront many Trump-haters on her side of the Atlantic. During a recent trip to the grocery store while wearing the iconic red cap, Noor was accosted.

“I am minding my own business and this woman in her late 50s charges toward me and starts speaking very loudly and aggressively to me,” she recalled. “She’s yelling at me and saying how can I be wearing this and Trump is the worst president ever and she’s basically dumping on my beloved president … She told me three times, ‘You’re stupid.’ I kept my cool, and needless to say I kept my hat!”
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I find it hilarious that their key takeaway is "Bin Laden niece warns of imminent attack if Biden is elected" and not "Bin Laden's niece is a yuuuuuuge MAGA Trumper and supports everything he does".
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

We should hear what she has to say. The Bin Ladens have always been a clear-headed and reasonable bunch.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

If I won't listen to the advice of someone who wears a Trump onesie, who will I listen to?!
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

What in the seven hells is ‘ritualistic’ belittling? Or do I even want to know?

What a weird way to phrase that.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Carpet_pissr wrote:What in the seven hells is ‘ritualistic’ belittling? Or do I even want to know?

What a weird way to phrase that.
"Ritualistic belittling" is just another working day at the White House.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

And now this...

Trump accuses his generals of steering wars to boost defense contractor profits.
President Donald Trump launched an unprecedented public attack against the leadership of the US military on Monday, accusing them of waging wars to boost the profits of defense manufacturing companies.

"I'm not saying the military's in love with me -- the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy," Trump told reporters at a White House news conference.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I've been out for a week and working to get current on all the treads. I wanted to drop a video I saw over my vacation here.

Trumpism. It's simply about "getting back" at everyone. There's no higher calling, no greater message. It's just slapping the people you hate as hard as you can and laughing. This is why any decent person should be walking away from the Republican party line right now.

I'm not saying there's no place for what Republicans say they stand for, but the party right now isn't about upholding any sort of values. It's just about kicking anyone they don't like as hard as possible, even if it means breaking their own toes doing it.

Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I read an article today that said the BLM movement is helping Trump because Trump is touting law and order and there is a lot of violence at the rallies. And that the BLM movement is getting lost because of it.
Most people are scared or uneasy because of the violence and may vote Trump's way.
I think the article has a point.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

No data seem to suggest that that is the case. In fact, numerous recent polls have shown Biden outperforming Trump by a pretty wide margin on questions of "law and order".
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The article disagreed with you. Of course I don't know it's sources and it was kind of an opinion piece.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

His law and order bs is not working on anyone except his already solid base. Vote for me and the stuff that's happening under me will stop happening! :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
malchior

Post by malchior »

Biden's poll numbers have been at a national level relatively firm throughout the summer. If there was some protest fatigue it probably should have shown up by now. Even in states with considerable issues such as MN and WI the stream of state level polling doesn't indicate any real effect.
Holman

Post by Holman »

538: Trump’s Law And Order Message Isn’t Resonating With Most Americans.

tl;dr:
We can’t know what other events will unfold between now and November, but we can say that the violence in the wake of Blake’s shooting has seemed to affect public sentiment. That effect isn’t huge, however, and the public hasn’t used that violence to impugn the protests against police violence and systemic racism as a whole. Moreover, more Americans support Biden’s approach to these issues than Trump’s.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

There's also the fact that there IS no violence coming from protests in 99.9% of America. Trump's talk of cities in flames and all this garbage is complete bullshit, and most people know it because they're not seeing it.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Well, 93%
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

The best Justice Department money can buy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... Fstory-ans
The Justice Department on Tuesday intervened in the defamation lawsuit brought by a woman who says President Trump raped her years ago, moving the matter to federal court and signaling it wants to make the U.S. government — rather than Trump himself — the defendant in the case.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Barr with another "interesting" decision. My questions is will the next administration have an issue disentangling DOJ at that point?

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Bam!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If Barr has a career in law in any capacity after Trump, it will be a travesty. He should be held up as the very model of corruption.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

There is noise that they might be doing this to invoke qualified immunity for Trump. Absolutely disgusting if true.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I volunteer my tax dollars for the Trump-spunk DNA test.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I understand nothing matters with this DoJ, but how do they justify defending Trump for something that happened many years before he became president?
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:15 pm I understand nothing matters with this DoJ, but how do they justify defending Trump for something that happened many years before he became president?
The suit is a defamation suit, with the alleged defamation taking place while he was president.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 pm
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:15 pm I understand nothing matters with this DoJ, but how do they justify defending Trump for something that happened many years before he became president?
The suit is a defamation suit, with the alleged defamation taking place while he was president.
Yeah but it has little to do with official actions. This was personal conduct.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 pm
Yeah but it has little to do with official actions. This was personal conduct.
Yeah but it wasn't years before he was president.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Barr must have a reason for doing this. What impact is it likely to have? Can the DOJ lawyers do things Trump's personal lawyers couldn't? I guess if the government is the defendant, you can't really demand a DNA sample.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm There is noise that they might be doing this to invoke qualified immunity for Trump. Absolutely disgusting if true.
:ninja:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:47 pm If Barr has a career in law in any capacity after Trump, it will be a travesty. He should be held up as the very model of corruption.
If he doesn't get swirled up in some great cleansing that burns his career he'll likely end up being on the list of defense options for every corrupt politician and red-handed executive for the next 20 years.
Black Lives Matter

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

This tweet is a pretty good summary of why:

Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yeah I read a couple of his other posts on this topic - the argument against might end up being that he is not an "employee". That is why I've seen others think it might be a Nixon v Ferguson play saying he has absolute immunity from civil liability taken for actions taken as part of their official duties. And talking to the press is a duty of the President.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I almost shit myself this morning when I saw that Trump had been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, but then I read further and saw that this isn't exactly a high bar that requires a strict committee agreement or anything. It's just one right-wing parliament person out of Norway doing this.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde went on to add:
The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts — not on the way he behaves sometimes. The people who have received the Peace Prize in recent years have done much less than Donald Trump
I can agree with that. I think it's possible that Obama did less than Trump did in his 8 years, since he left the country in relatively good shape and Trump fixed all of that nonsense with some gasoline and a match - and continues to fan the flames of his dumpster fires by creating what might be arguably the largest division of US citizens since the South's outrage over being forced to accept civil rights for minorities.

It reminds me of the scene from Olivander's in Harry Potter. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things — terrible, yes, but great.

Absolutely worth a Nobel Peace Prize, as long as they're willing to overlook every other aspect of his character and demean the award for all future recipients.

It kind of makes me sick to think of Trump strutting around like a peacock today, stroking his own ego so hard it may soon be seen from space with the unaided naked eye.
Black Lives Matter

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Paingod wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:03 am It kind of makes me sick to think of Trump strutting around like a peacock today, stroking his own ego so hard it may soon be seen from space with the unaided naked eye.
If he wins, will he mount the medal on a big swath of bunting and wear it around full time? What poor soul on in the whitehouse staff will have to track him down in order to clean the thing?

Even my fevered brain could not have predicted this turn of events. Get ready for the crowing from the orange rooster.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 am Even my fevered brain could not have predicted this turn of events. Get ready for the crowing from the orange rooster.
Why wait? He started long ago.

Also...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:54 am This tweet is a pretty good summary of why:

This is the only real reason I can see why the DoJ move would make sense. DoJ doing this has already dramatically elevated public awareness of the rape allegations against Trump, so otherwise I don't see enough of an advantage to Trump to offset that.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 am
Paingod wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:03 am It kind of makes me sick to think of Trump strutting around like a peacock today, stroking his own ego so hard it may soon be seen from space with the unaided naked eye.
If he wins, will he mount the medal on a big swath of bunting and wear it around full time? What poor soul on in the whitehouse staff will have to track him down in order to clean the thing?
Don't worry about it. There is a 0% chance he wins it.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

malchior wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:34 am
I refuse to accept the odds on anything in 2020. This is the year that nightmares have nightmares about.
Black Lives Matter

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

malchior wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:34 am
You are right.

I have close friends in Bergen, and I was AMAZED that was even nominated - my friends are not amused by our POTUS.