The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Holman »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 pm Remember when every time Hillary coughed it was evidence of severe brain damage?
I believe the diagnosis was stroke or Parkinson's, which is of course why she is unable to do things like give speeches or go on a book tour in 2017.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

msteelers wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am When I was a server we had to share our tips. Some went to the bar and the food runners. I never minded sharing tips with them, because the better they do their jobs the better my tip is. I hated having to share tips with the cooks though. That always just felt like a way for management to pay them less at my expense.
If the cooks do their jobs better, the better your tip is, right?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Politico
Four days after Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin held a big Washington event to tout the Trump administration’s promise to house all homeless vets, the agency did an about-face, telling advocates it was pulling resources from a major housing program.

The VA said it was essentially ending a special $460 million program that has dramatically reduced homelessness among chronically sick and vulnerable veterans. Instead, the money would go to local VA hospitals that can use it as they like, as long as they show evidence of dealing with homelessness.

Anger exploded on a Dec. 1 call that was arranged by Shulkin’s Advisory Committee on Homeless Veterans to explain the move. Advocates for veterans, state officials and even officials from HUD, which co-sponsors the program, attacked the decision, according to five people who were on the call.
The agency's move came as HUD on Wednesday released its annual survey showing a 1.5 percent increase in veteran homelessness over 2016 — the first rise since 2010. Most of the jump occurred in Los Angeles, where housing costs are skyrocketing.
In a statement late Wednesday, Shulkin insisted that overall funding for veteran homelessness was not being cut, and seemed to suggest he might reverse the decision. He promised to get input from local VA leaders and others "on how best to target our funding to the geographical areas that need it most."
VA officials briefed congressional staff on Tuesday about the decision — which was buried in a September circular without prior consultation with HUD or veterans’ groups, according to advocates.
All 14 members of the Senate Appropriations Military Construction-VA Subcommittee, including Murray, asked the VA to reconsider its decision, but apparently the letter had no effect.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

It looks and sounds like loose dentures to me. You can even see him struggle with keeping the top ones in place.
FTE
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

The stupidest part is that if it is dentures, any intelligent President and press secretary would just say "yes, the President wears dentures, and unfortunately, they came loose during the speech. We're consulting with the many, many aged members of Congress and the GOP to find a better adhesive solution." Plenty of olds also wear dentures, and can sympathize, and most people wouldn't care beyond that.

However, this President refuses to let himself be seen as any thing less than a perfect physical and mental specimen, so would never admit to something like having to wear dentures, so we're off into speculation land, and it's utterly ridiculous.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Chaz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:25 am The stupidest part is that if it is dentures, any intelligent President and press secretary would just say "yes, the President wears dentures, and unfortunately, they came loose during the speech. We're consulting with the many, many aged members of Congress and the GOP to find a better adhesive solution." Plenty of olds also wear dentures, and can sympathize, and most people wouldn't care beyond that.

However, this President refuses to let himself be seen as any thing less than a perfect physical and mental specimen, so would never admit to something like having to wear dentures, so we're off into speculation land, and it's utterly ridiculous.
As soon as he realizes that it's a marketing opportunity we'll get the "truth."

"People, my denture solution is the best, best in the world. People come up to me all the time and say it has changed their lives. If you wear dentures, you have to use Trump Pres-o-Dent adhesive! It's THE BEST. Just great!"
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There is no way in hell that Trump ever admits to having dentures; it would offend his vanity. I'm surprised that there hasn't been an official denial from the WH press secretary wrt the dentures speculation.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The week isn't over yet.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Enlarge Image
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm The week isn't over yet.
Here's your official denial. https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/sta ... 9101798400

Can't wait for the Washington Post to publish the POLYGRIP SPOTTED IN THE OVAL OFFICE expose.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

How does a dry throat impact you tongue and teeth? I've had a lot of dry sore throats and I never sounded like my teeth were going to fall out :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Putin did not moisturize his throat for him that day?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

The stupid part about the "dry throat" thing is that it was within the last two weeks that he had that super dramatic water drinking in the middle of the speech episode. So it's not like this dude isn't totally willing to find himself a drink while he's talking.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

All these petty digs would be ridiculous with any other administration, but Trump brought it all upon himself by running that type of campaign and by continuing to sink to new lows in his daily discourse. You reap what you sow, you orange dickwad.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Having recently finished NIXONLAND, I wish I could just skip ahead and read Rick Perlstein's history of the Trump era.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 pm Having recently finished NIXONLAND,
Excellent book and required reading for anyone who wants to understand how the GOP got to where they are.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Because of course:

Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 pm All these petty digs would be ridiculous with any other administration, but Trump brought it all upon himself by running that type of campaign and by continuing to sink to new lows in his daily discourse. You reap what you sow, you orange dickwad.
95% of the digs are because they will lie about the most innocuous thing, which always brings contempt, and the other 5% is because he's Drumpf and (some) people hate him.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:15 am Because of course:

Did he mention the Jews? I have a bet with my brother in law that he would find a way to halve a Hannukkah celebration without ever mentioning us. And/or mispronounce dreidel.

(Auto-correct doesn't like "dreidel". Stupid, anti-Semitic Mozilla.)
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

We're seriously worried about dentures?

He clearly had something wrong with his mouth that had nothing to do with it being filled with shit and lies. If it's not dentures, then he had a Novocaine shot and some dental work just prior to the press conference.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Paingod wrote: He clearly had something wrong with his mouth that had nothing to do with it being filled with shit and lies.
Coffee? Spewed.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In Trump's quest to undo everything Obama did, he sure does like to do a great many things he shat on Obama for doing.

In other news, there's still a Trump Tweet for every occasion.
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

tgb wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 am

Did he mention the Jews? I have a bet with my brother in law that he would find a way to halve a Hannukkah celebration without ever mentioning us. And/or mispronounce dreidel.
He mentioned Jerusalem a lot.

Somehow, though, he forgot to invite any congressional Democrats, even the Jewish ones.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote:
tgb wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 am

He mentioned Jerusalem a lot.

Somehow, though, he forgot to invite any congressional Democrats, even the Jewish ones.
Because the holidays are all about spite. :grund:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

You know, if there were ever a President to bring Festivus to the White House, it's Trump.
Black Lives Matter.
Rip

Post by Rip »

“I will…quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS,” Trump, who would name legendary Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis as secretary of defense, promised. “We will not have to listen to the politicians who are losing the war on terrorism."
Just over a year later, ISIS has been routed from Iraq and Syria with an ease and speed that's surprised even the men and women who carried out the mission. Experts say it's a prime example of a campaign promise kept. President Trump scrapped his predecessor’s rules of engagement, which critics say hamstrung the military, and let battlefield decisions be made by the generals in the theater, and not bureaucrats in Washington.
“The leadership team that is in place right now has certainly enabled us to succeed,” Brig. Gen. Andrew Croft, the ranking U.S. Air Force officer in Iraq, told Fox News. “I couldn’t ask for a better leadership team to work for, to enable the military to do what it does best.”

President Trump gave a free hand to Mattis, who in May stressed military commanders were no longer being slowed by Washington “decision cycles,” or by the White House micromanaging that existed President Obama. As a result of the new approach, the fall of ISIS in Iraq came even more swiftly than hardened U.S. military leaders expected.

“It moved more quickly than at least I had anticipated,” Croft said. “We and the Iraqi Security Forces were able to hunt down and target ISIS leadership, target their command and control.”
“We really had one mandate and that was enable the Iraqi Security Forces to defeat ISIS militarily here in Anbar. I feel that we have achieved that mission,” Folsom said. “I never felt constrained. In a lot of ways, I felt quite liberated because we had a clear mandate and there was no questioning that.”

Brig. Gen. Robert “G-Man” Sofge, the top U.S. Marine in Iraq, told Fox News his commanders have “enjoyed not having to deal with too many distractions and there was no question about what the mission here in Iraq was.”
While the Trump administration’s success is often underplayed in the U.S. media, it is obvious on the ground in Iraq, according to a spokesman for Iraq’s Ministry of Defense, Yahya Rasool.

“I was not optimistic when Trump first came to the office,” Rasool said. “But after a while I started to see a new approach, the way the U.S. was dealing with arming and training. I saw how the coalition forces were all moving faster to help the Iraq side more than before. There seemed to be a lot of support, under Obama we did not get this.”
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/08 ... tters.html

:clap:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You do realize that ISIS's defeats in America's area of operations have come from a simple continuation of Obama's strategy, right? Trump's big secret plan was to keep on keeping on. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rip

Post by Rip »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:29 pm You do realize that ISIS's defeats in America's area of operations have come from a simple continuation of Obama's strategy, right? Trump's big secret plan was to keep on keeping on. :coffee:
The people on the ground seem to disagree.
President Trump gave a free hand to Mattis, who in May stressed military commanders were no longer being slowed by Washington “decision cycles,” or by the White House micromanaging that existed President Obama. As a result of the new approach, the fall of ISIS in Iraq came even more swiftly than hardened U.S. military leaders expected.
President Trump scrapped his predecessor’s rules of engagement
“I was not optimistic when Trump first came to the office,” Rasool said. “But after a while I started to see a new approach, the way the U.S. was dealing with arming and training. I saw how the coalition forces were all moving faster to help the Iraq side more than before. There seemed to be a lot of support, under Obama we did not get this.”
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Captain dumbass tweeted a poll that shows him at 45% approval rating. Not only is he cherry picking a random poll, but 45% isn't good. The average I'm seeing is that he's at like 35-38%. Which is still batshit crazy high for how shitty he's been.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I wish migration to a different planet were an option. I wouldn't mind packing up roughly 62-65% of the population and leaving.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Octavious wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm Captain dumbass tweeted a poll that shows him at 45% approval rating. Not only is he cherry picking a random poll, but 45% isn't good. The average I'm seeing is that he's at like 35-38%. Which is still batshit crazy high for how shitty he's been.
Even funnier considering about a month ago, he made a huge show on Twitter about a Rasmussen poll that showed him at 50%.

"Hey look everyone...I'm getting worse!!"
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

CNN with the royal fuckup. Morans.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 pm You know, if there were ever a President to bring Festivus to the White House, it's Trump.
I'd be all for it, except with Trump the Airing of Grievances takes FOREVER.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

tjg_marantz wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 pm CNN with the royal fuckup. Morans.
Enlarge Image
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Fitzy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:25 pm It’s two whole words and you still had to steal a picture from a stock site? Learn MSPaint.
I kid. I kid. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The headline picture on Fox right now is making me want to smash my computer. Yes Trump the draft dodger and consummate asshole, is our savior. :P

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 pm
Enlarge Image
Their report from this morning indicated that Trump Jr. received a key to the wikileak hacked emails before they were made public, but CNN fucked up the date. He received the key after they were public. They were still in contact, so that's a big deal, but the import of the story was that the campaign was getting special access to the materials in advance of their dissemination.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ee96d8980c
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm Captain dumbass tweeted a poll that shows him at 45% approval rating. Not only is he cherry picking a random poll, but 45% isn't good. The average I'm seeing is that he's at like 35-38%. Which is still batshit crazy high for how shitty he's been.
Does 45% mean that the average opinion of him is less than 50% favorable or that 45% of the population approves of him? I'm sure he thinks that latter. That's more than enough to get re-elected.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Who knows :lol:

This site that averages out all the crazy has him in the 37% range.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... -ratings/

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Captain Caveman wrote:
El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 pm
Enlarge Image
Their report from this morning indicated that Trump Jr. received a key to the wikileak hacked emails before they were made public, but CNN fucked up the date. He received the key after they were public. They were still in contact, so that's a big deal, but the import of the story was that the campaign was getting special access to the materials in advance of their dissemination.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ee96d8980c
Thanks. I was going for a nap and didn't have the energy.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs