The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Daehawk »

Not sure what word best describes the GoP member in Washington....crazy, evil, or stupid.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

What is he implying?

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
malchior

Post by malchior »

Subtle.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Can someone explain the last line to me? (I don't think it qualifies as a sentence).
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

tjg_marantz wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 am What is he implying?

It’s obvious what he’s implying, but he’s doing it in that typical Trump way that he can persevere the veneer of plausible deniability.

He’s a troll and an attention whore and worse than all that, he’s a disgusting human being.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

tgb wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 am Can someone explain the last line to me? (I don't think it qualifies as a sentence).
In addition to calling for Trump to step down over his sexual misconduct, Gillibrand has also criticized Democrats such as Al Franken and Bill Clinton, making her a target of of the right, the alt-right and some progressive elements all at the same time.
But Gillibrand has also held the men in her own party accountable, last week joining a group of other Democratic women to call on Sen. Al Franken to resign after radio news anchor Leeann Tweeden shared a photo of him appearing to grope her while she slept, and other women accused him of sexual misconduct. And when an interviewer for the New York Times asked her if she believed Bill Clinton should have resigned the presidency 20 years ago after his relationship with Monica Lewinsky, then a White House intern, became public – this was after several women had also made sexual harassment and assault allegations about President Clinton – Gillibrand “took a long pause and said, ‘Yes, I think that is the appropriate response.’”

Cue the skewering.

Gillibrand now stands accused of being craven, disloyal, and cynically using this moment to build her brand and put herself in the national spotlight. Maybe she is – welcome to being a politician. Or maybe she’s just doing her job, but being pilloried for it because she’s widely believed to be considering a run against Donald Trump in 2020 – and as we learned in 2016, Americans remain remarkably hostile to women seeking power.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Max Peck wrote:
tgb wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 am Can someone explain the last line to me? (I don't think it qualifies as a sentence).
In addition to calling for Trump to step down over his sexual misconduct, Gillibrand has also criticized Democrats such as Al Franken and Bill Clinton, making her a target of of the right, the alt-right and some progressive elements all at the same time.
But Gillibrand has also held the men in her own party accountable, last week joining a group of other Democratic women to call on Sen. Al Franken to resign after radio news anchor Leeann Tweeden shared a photo of him appearing to grope her while she slept, and other women accused him of sexual misconduct. And when an interviewer for the New York Times asked her if she believed Bill Clinton should have resigned the presidency 20 years ago after his relationship with Monica Lewinsky, then a White House intern, became public – this was after several women had also made sexual harassment and assault allegations about President Clinton – Gillibrand “took a long pause and said, ‘Yes, I think that is the appropriate response.’”

Cue the skewering.

Gillibrand now stands accused of being craven, disloyal, and cynically using this moment to build her brand and put herself in the national spotlight. Maybe she is – welcome to being a politician. Or maybe she’s just doing her job, but being pilloried for it because she’s widely believed to be considering a run against Donald Trump in 2020 – and as we learned in 2016, Americans remain remarkably hostile to women seeking power.
Gillibrand from my understanding made her career in part by bringing this kind of accountability to military from the inside. It may be ambition, but it's not out of character or unwarranted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump's fat Twitter fingers wrote:Despite thousands of hours wasted and many millions of dollars spent, the Democrats have been unable to show any collusion with Russia - so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!
He doesn't even know how to deny allegations right.

Most of the accusers have either been top contestants at his events/shows or else were his employees. How can he "don’t know and/or have never met" them?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

He never met Paul Manafort either.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Captain Caveman wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 am It’s obvious what he’s implying, but he’s doing it in that typical Trump way that he can persevere the veneer of plausible deniability.

He’s a troll and an attention whore and worse than all that, he’s a disgusting human being.

I would need to see some kind of evidence that he's even a human being.
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

That's what I don't get about Trump supporters. Even if you agree with the guy's policies, how can you think that this kind of temper-tantrum tweeting is acceptable from the freaking President of the United States? Even in the depths of my conservatism, I still criticized Bush when he spoke like a country bumpkin - and he wasn't even saying anything offensive. He was just ineloquent.

Though I guess if your support goes to an admitted pussy grabber who supports a pedophile, tweeting is the least of your concerns.

And P.S. - I'm done dancing around trying not to offend Trump supporters. When you get into supporting racism/sexual assault, even passively, then you forfeit my respect.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am That's what I don't get about Trump supporters. Even if you agree with the guy's policies, how can you think that this kind of temper-tantrum tweeting is acceptable from the freaking President of the United States? Even in the depths of my conservatism, I still criticized Bush when he spoke like a country bumpkin - and he wasn't even saying anything offensive. He was just ineloquent.
I remember a lot of people liking Bush specifically because he "talked like me".

There are an awful lot of people in this country that see things just like Trump does.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Just to get this straight - when the president is accused of sexually harassing women, he responds by sexually harassing a senator on Twitter? It's pretty amazing how far we've sunk in the last year.
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The Access Hollywood tapes was the watershed moment for Republicans. That was the last chance to oppose Trump in a principled manner. If Ryan or McConnell had had the balls to stand up then and disavow Trump, I think others would have taken their cue and he would have been finished. But they didn't. Even worse some politicians like Jason Chavetz disavowed Trump but then came crawling back, rather than standing by their principles, when they saw which way the wind was blowing. Now it really doesn't matter, I almost believe that Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on the street and it wouldn't matter.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Trump's tweet is quite a gift to Gillibrand and her 2020 ambitions, though.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:03 pm Just to get this straight - when the president is accused of sexually harassing women, he responds by sexually harassing a senator on Twitter? It's pretty amazing how far we've sunk in the last year.
He's just trying to get back some attention from the Moore campaign after Moore's wife said last night at a rally that they have black and Jewish friends
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:03 pm Just to get this straight - when the president is accused of sexually harassing women, he responds by sexually harassing a senator on Twitter? It's pretty amazing how far we've sunk in the last year.
How's Melania's crusade against cyber-bullying going? Haven't heard much about that lately.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Grifman wrote:Even worse some politicians like Jason Chavetz disavowed Trump but then came crawling back, rather than standing by their principles, when they saw which way the wind was blowing.
Not just politicians. I had friends and family who, during the primaries, said they would never vote for Trump. Criticized everything about him. As soon as he won the nomination, it was a total 180. Instead of the crazy guy they would never vote for, he became the outsider that Washington needed. These are the same people who always told me they voted for the man, not the party. Bull. Shit.

That was the most disappointing thing to come out of this election for me. I saw friends and family trade all the character, morals, and principles I thought they had for a fucking Supreme Court seat.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:10 pm
He's just trying to get back some attention from the Moore campaign after Moore's wife said last night at a rally that they have black and Jewish friends
It was even a Jewish lawyer, I believe. But they drew the line at associating with Papist Catholics.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:39 pmThat was the most disappointing thing to come out of this election for me. I saw friends and family trade all the character, morals, and principles I thought they had for a fucking Supreme Court seat.
Agreed. I had a guy here at work, who acknowledges all of the awfulness that Trump represents and has been unleashing on the country. His only reaction is "At least I got my Supreme Court Justice". Go fuck yourself asshole.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You know who else liked building rockets?

Enlarge Image
Spoiler:
JFK, of course. What, you were expecting Little Rocket Man or maybe a #DailyGodwin?

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wernher von Braun, of course.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

#dailygoddard
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kraken wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm
How's Melania's crusade against cyber-bullying going? Haven't heard much about that lately.
Ask the pool boy.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The Orange Menace threatened to "let her have it" if she didn't cut that liberal bullshit out (sent via the cyber of course). Added, with a red faced smoking emoji at the end, "what would Puti think of me if that got back to him?!"
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

And really, what impact does a Supreme Court seat have compared to the day-to-day policies Trump's putting into place (or taking away?) It's not like Roe v Wade is going to be overturned tomorrow.

For the GOP, it's a constant method of cutting off their nose to spite their face.

But by all means, enjoy that seat. Republicans are leaving the party in droves. 2018 will be a bloodbath. The party brand has been tarnished almost irreparably. Let's see how long the party can sustain itself with extremists while the rest of the country has moved on.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

The Party of Alabama.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I kind of hate this whole thing. Chances are the republicans are going to win today because they will always win there. This will be seen as a victory for Trump when we all know it totally isn't. Of course if the dems somehow pull this off it will be hilarious. I don't hold much hope for that happening considering how things have gone as of late.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Come on, people! There's nothing to see here. I heard that some of their best friends attorneys are Jews! They can't possibly be racist.
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm But by all means, enjoy that seat. Republicans are leaving the party in droves. 2018 will be a bloodbath. The party brand has been tarnished almost irreparably. Let's see how long the party can sustain itself with extremists while the rest of the country has moved on.
I think the problem may become how can we move on when the extremists are holding us all hostage.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm optimistic that the general trend of the country is away from right-wing extremism. There is certainly evidence for it. All the polls point towards it, the recent special elections pointed towards it. Hell - Alabama is actually *competitive* for a Democrat. At some point the dam is going to burst and sweep all these freaks out to sea.
Holman

Post by Holman »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm I'm optimistic that the general trend of the country is away from right-wing extremism. There is certainly evidence for it. All the polls point towards it, the recent special elections pointed towards it. Hell - Alabama is actually *competitive* for a Democrat. At some point the dam is going to burst and sweep all these freaks out to sea.
This is exactly why they're putting so much into voter suppression. If they can make voting difficult and create the expectation that it doesn't work anyway, they'll win themselves another generation in power.

Functioning democracies are already a minority. They've got plenty of models.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm And really, what impact does a Supreme Court seat have compared to the day-to-day policies Trump's putting into place (or taking away?) It's not like Roe v Wade is going to be overturned tomorrow.
Controlling the SC is necessarily for subverting the Republic constitutionally.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's not specifically cyber-bullying, but if she doesn't comment on the Keaton Jones situation, it's clear she's not much involved.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:46 pm
YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm I'm optimistic that the general trend of the country is away from right-wing extremism. There is certainly evidence for it. All the polls point towards it, the recent special elections pointed towards it. Hell - Alabama is actually *competitive* for a Democrat. At some point the dam is going to burst and sweep all these freaks out to sea.
This is exactly why they're putting so much into voter suppression. If they can make voting difficult and create the expectation that it doesn't work anyway, they'll win themselves another generation in power.

Functioning democracies are already a minority. They've got plenty of models.
It's also why the Propaganda machine and Fake News! are so dangerous. Fox/Rush/Breitbart/etc. paint Liberals as worse than the Devil, and then paint anyone who disagrees as Fake News! and attack. Soon all that's left is propaganda.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:48 pm
It's not specifically cyber-bullying, but if she doesn't comment on the Keaton Jones situation, it's clear she's not much involved.
Please. She's essentially a high priced escort who knows how to do just enough to keep the money rolling in. She's not going to put any real effort into this gig.
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

She needs to stay away from the Keaton Jones thing. With the pictures of the family with Confederate flags and other revelations about potential maternal racism, that's something that would be wise to avoid politically.

Of course, that probably means that Team Trump will double down on supporting him and defending any racism.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Meanwhile, shocking absolutely nobody who's been paying attention...

Official Toll in Puerto Rico: 64. Actual Deaths May Be 1,052.
A review by The New York Times of daily mortality data from Puerto Rico’s vital statistics bureau indicates a significantly higher death toll after the hurricane than the government there has acknowledged.

The Times’s analysis found that in the 42 days after Hurricane Maria made landfall on Sept. 20 as a Category 4 storm, 1,052 more people than usual died across the island. The analysis compared the number of deaths for each day in 2017 with the average of the number of deaths for the same days in 2015 and 2016.

Officially, just 64 people died as a result of the storm that ravaged the island with nearly 150-mile-an-hour winds, cutting off power to 3.4 million Puerto Ricans. The last two fatalities were added to the death toll on Dec. 9.

“Before the hurricane, I had an average of 82 deaths daily. That changes from Sept. 20 to 30th. Now I have an average of 118 deaths daily,” Wanda Llovet, the director of the Demographic Registry in Puerto Rico, said in a mid-November interview. Since then, she said on Thursday, both figures have increased by one.

Data for October are not yet complete, and the number of deaths recorded in that month is expected to rise. Record-keeping has been delayed because Puerto Rico’s power grid is operating at less than 70 percent of its capacity and swaths of the island still do not have power.
Enlarge Image

stessier

Post by stessier »

"Hence"??

There is a zero percent chance he wrote that tweet.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Well, it does have his signature typos and misuse of capitalization.