The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:03 pm EG, agreed. And I doubt that the protesters sent in their permission slips and medical history forms.
I mean, it always needs to be judged in terms of what's the reasonable alternative. Can the IDF use tear gas in this type of situation, or do they need to go through the crowd to review medical history forms first? If not, what's the preferable option to tear gas?
Black Lives Matter.
Brian

Post by Brian »

El Guapo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:59 pm If not, what's the preferable option to tear gas?
Fart guns.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

In news I don't yet have a grasp of but I am sure will make much of newsfeed go giddy with "See!!!!"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1II30P

news is short so reluctantly quoted in its entirety
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - China has offered U.S. President Donald Trump a package of proposed purchases of U.S. goods and other measures aimed at reducing the U.S. trade deficit with China by some $200 billion a year, U.S. officials familiar with the offer said.

The offer was made during U.S.-China trade talks in Washington aimed at resolving tariff threats and other trade irritants between the world’s two largest economies, but it was not immediately clear how the total value was determined.

One of the sources said that U.S. aircraft maker Boeing Co (BA.N) would be a major beneficiary of the Chinese offer. Boeing is the largest U.S. exporter and already sells about a quarter of its commercial aircraft to Chinese customers.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

China realizes Boeing has a bunch of aircraft that can't be delivered to Iran. Trump is being played.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Zarathud wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 am China realizes Boeing has a bunch of aircraft that can't be delivered to Iran.
Boeing didn't build any planes for Iran. They didn't even put the Iran order on their books as backlog or future production.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Well this is just a bit depressing.
Bill Gates says Trump asked the difference between HIV and HPV
The billionaire Microsoft founder also said it was "kind of scary how much he knew about my daughter's appearance."

“In both of those two meetings he asked me if vaccines weren't a bad thing because he was considering a commission to look into ill-effects of vaccines,” Gates said. “And somebody, Robert Kennedy Jr., was advising him that vaccines were causing bad things and I said, ‘No, that is a dead end, that would be a bad thing, do not do that.’”

There were laughs and groans from the audience after Gates added: “Both times he wanted to know the difference between HIV and HPV and so I was able to explain that those are things that are rarely confused with each other.”
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

stessier wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am Well this is just a bit depressing.
I was just about to come and post that. Gods what an ignorant fuck.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Sepiche wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am
stessier wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am Well this is just a bit depressing.
I was just about to come and post that. Gods what an ignorant fuck.
At least he ain't Hillary! Totes worth it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wait for it: "Most people don't know that HIV and HPV are not the same thing!"
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 pm Wait for it: "Most people don't know that HIV, HPV and HOV are not the same thing!"
Slightly corrected.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Holman wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 pm Wait for it: "Most people don't know that HIV and HPV are not the same thing!"
LOL! Oh please, PLEASE. I want to see that in writing from his Twitter account and save it to show my grandchildren how stupid we were "back in the teens". Or, if you're a pessimist about the future of the country, how brilliant President Trump was compared to President Beiber.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:29 pm
Holman wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 pm Wait for it: "Most people don't know that HIV and HPV are not the same thing!"
LOL! Oh please, PLEASE. I want to see that in writing from his Twitter account and save it to show my grandchildren how stupid we were "back in the teens". Or, if you're a pessimist about the future of the country, how brilliant President Trump was compared to President Beiber.
Fortunately, Beiber is Canadian.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Prim Minister Beiber. :coffee:

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dear Mr. President. Is it safe to have my child vaccinated for HVAC?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I'm pretty sure my kids contracted HDMI. :cry:
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:58 pm Dear Mr. President. Is it safe to have my child vaccinated for HVAC?
Everyone knows HVAC vaccines cause HOAs.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Well, at least we're secure from the HTTPS.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

This is all funny and all, but the executives at Microsoft and the Gates Foundation have to be yelling at Gates to STFU.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hey, it's all a joke to you guys until your kids get a vaccine and end up becoming artistic!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm This is all funny and all, but the executives at Microsoft and the Gates Foundation have to be yelling at Gates to STFU.
They don't call it, "Fuck you money," for no reason.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm This is all funny and all, but the executives at Microsoft and the Gates Foundation have to be yelling at Gates to STFU.
"MANY PEOPLE ARE SAYING DEL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32!"
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Does he even know how to spell HIV or HPV?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

He's certainly down with OPP though.
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

WaPo: Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms.
President Trump has personally pushed U.S. Postmaster General Megan Brennan to double the rate the Postal Service charges Amazon.com and other firms to ship packages, according to three people familiar with their conversations, a dramatic move that probably would cost these companies billions of dollars.

Brennan has so far resisted Trump’s demand, explaining in multiple conversations occurring this year and last that these arrangements are bound by contracts and must be reviewed by a regulatory commission, the three people said. She has told the president that the Amazon relationship is beneficial for the Postal Service and gave him a set of slides that showed the variety of companies, in addition to Amazon, that also partner for deliveries.
Few U.S. companies have drawn Trump’s ire as much as Amazon, which has rapidly grown to be the second-largest U.S. company in terms of market capitalization. For more than three years, Trump has fumed publicly and privately about the giant commerce and services company and its founder Jeffrey P. Bezos, who is also the owner of The Washington Post.
Nothing at all Authoritarian here. Just the President of the United States trying to use government power to settle personal scores.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:48 am WaPo: Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms.
President Trump has personally pushed U.S. Postmaster General Megan Brennan to double the rate the Postal Service charges Amazon.com and other firms to ship packages, according to three people familiar with their conversations, a dramatic move that probably would cost these companies billions of dollars.

Brennan has so far resisted Trump’s demand, explaining in multiple conversations occurring this year and last that these arrangements are bound by contracts and must be reviewed by a regulatory commission, the three people said. She has told the president that the Amazon relationship is beneficial for the Postal Service and gave him a set of slides that showed the variety of companies, in addition to Amazon, that also partner for deliveries.
Few U.S. companies have drawn Trump’s ire as much as Amazon, which has rapidly grown to be the second-largest U.S. company in terms of market capitalization. For more than three years, Trump has fumed publicly and privately about the giant commerce and services company and its founder Jeffrey P. Bezos, who is also the owner of The Washington Post.
Nothing at all Authoritarian here. Just the President of the United States trying to use government power to settle personal scores.
I read this early in the afternoon yesterday and walked away with

Is it weird that I hope this is true? And somehow documented... And something to which Megan Brennan is willing and able to present in open court...

Something is Fubar when I hope for a bad thing to be true. Is it 2020 yet?
tgb

Post by tgb »

Holman wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:48 am WaPo: Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms.

This is probably the most egregious misuse of presidential power since Nixon's "enemies list". There's got to be something impeachable there.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's being reported that there have been several meetings between Trump and the Postmaster General, who is pushing back on the order.

Somewhere, Ben Franklin is cracking his knuckles.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

pr0ner wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:06 am He's certainly down with OPP though.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I can't believe it took that long for someone to appreciate that reference.
Hodor.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

pr0ner wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:02 pm I can't believe it took that long for someone to appreciate that reference.
That was seriously brilliant. :D
Holman

Post by Holman »

pr0ner wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:06 am He's certainly down with OPP though.
OPP, though..? Stormy and the others are free agents. That's the problem for him.

He's down with NDA.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:21 pm
OPP, though..? Stormy and the others are free agents. That's the problem for him.

He's down with NDA.
Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.

Unknown: Whoa.

Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.
Also I assume there is an implication Trump thinks of women as possessions. It should be noted that I think I may be completely humor blind when it comes to this administration, so there might be a back and forth joke here and I'm not part of it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:51 pm Also I assume there is an implication Trump thinks of women as possessions. It should be noted that I think I may be completely humor blind when it comes to this administration, so there might be a back and forth joke here and I'm not part of it.
The world awaits Trump's first Jordan Peterson / IncelMRA tweet...
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This can't be real, right? Please tell me this isn't a real thing posted to the Official White House web site.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's an attempt to reinforce the explanation that Trump was referring specifically to MI-13 in a recent on air discussion on immigration in which some folks thought he was talking about immigrants in general when he used the word "animals" to describe them.

If he's capable of trotting out Spicer to argue that he had the largest audience in the history of mankind for his inauguration, this is a positively understated move.
He won. Period.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hey. Isn’t this the way real Americans talk anyway?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I think they will need to rename the West Wing to the Trump Apologist Wing.

Their motto: In Trump We Apologize

Rip

Post by Rip »

MS-13 is no better than ISIS. Trump was right they are animals.

They make the Manson family look like just a bunch of troublesome teenagers.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

How about people who shoot up school/concerts?

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 pm MS-13 is no better than ISIS. Trump was right they are animals.

They make the Manson family look like just a bunch of troublesome teenagers.
Can you show me where anyone is arguing otherwise?
He won. Period.