The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:54 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:15 pm Best guesses are that he had a stent installed and/or angioplasty done or a pacemaker hooked up.
In and out in 2 hours?
Hmm...I hadn't seen it was that quick. I figured something was done without him being knocked out, he wasn't seen yesterday and he didn't have anything planned until this afternoon. To me that suggested out-patient procedure and I just assumed heart-related.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:54 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:15 pm Best guesses are that he had a stent installed and/or angioplasty done or a pacemaker hooked up.
In and out in 2 hours?
Yeah, given that he was in for just a couple of hours, the secret-operation theories don't carry much weight.

If he'd had a heart attack or something similar, either doctors would have come to the White House (which has its own medical facilities) or else he would have been at Walter Reed for muuuuch longer. Nobody has a major health crisis and gets out the door before lunch.

The most likely scenario is that Trump decided on the spur of the moment to have part of his physical and hope that it distracted a news cycle during impeachment. Really, what else is on his plate? It's not like he has a job.
Last edited by Holman on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Roman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:02 pm My super stoopid conspiracy theory is:
This was the 1st step in a ruse that will see him leave office due to medical issues......

That way he isn't impeached, sent to jail etc etc (yet) and can leave with dignity.
His ego wouldn't allow it. Remember, he is the healthiest president in history.
"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Dr. Harold Bornstein, a gastroenterologist from Lenox Hospital in New York, wrote at the time.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I also don't believe he'd resign over health issues. Because I'd like to believe as soon as he does, the State of NY and any number of other entities are going to serve him papers.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 pm
"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Dr. Harold Bornstein, a gastroenterologist from Lenox Hospital in New York, wrote at the time.
Fun fact: Bornstein has admitted that Trump wrote that letter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

One the theories is that he has been having minor strokes. Erin Burnett had a neurologist on explaining that he has observed a pattern that indicates he is having issues with "word finding". It sounds like they are discounting it a little due to lack of direct exams but saying the signs point this way.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:14 pm One the theories is that he has been having minor strokes. Erin Burnett had a neurologist on explaining that he has observed a pattern that indicates he is having issues with "word finding". It sounds like they are discounting it a little due to lack of direct exams but saying the signs point this way.
I think you meant to put this in the Death of the 4th Estate thread, no?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:14 pm One the theories is that he has been having minor strokes. Erin Burnett had a neurologist on explaining that he has observed a pattern that indicates he is having issues with "word finding". It sounds like they are discounting it a little due to lack of direct exams but saying the signs point this way.
I suppose it's possible that hospital visits were necessary because MRI and CAT scan rigs aren't portable.

Maybe Ivanka will be running the late-stage administration the way Nancy Reagan did.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:10 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 pm
Fun fact: Bornstein has admitted that Trump wrote that letter.
The link is to an NPR article about just that.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

He probably had his bone spurs removed.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Or maybe he's getting a purple heart.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I sort of love the idea that Trump has retreated into his little sad sack cave. What a snowflake cuck.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Mandate of heaven.

"I actually gave the President a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago," [Rick] Perry told Fox News.

"I said, 'Mr. President, I know there are people that say -- you know, you said you were the chosen one.' And I said, 'you were.' I said, 'if you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.'"

Perry said he told Trump that he wanted the President to read the list of Old Testament kings and "absorb that you are here at this chosen time because God ordained it."

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Have I mentioned lately that we're fucked?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fuck Rick Perry.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:49 pm Fuck Rick Perry.
Amen.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:10 pm Mandate of heaven.

"I actually gave the President a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago," [Rick] Perry told Fox News.

"I said, 'Mr. President, I know there are people that say -- you know, you said you were the chosen one.' And I said, 'you were.' I said, 'if you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.'"

Perry said he told Trump that he wanted the President to read the list of Old Testament kings and "absorb that you are here at this chosen time because God ordained it."
To be fair, the Bible presents most of the Old Testament kings as assholes.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

If Drumpf is the chosen of god, then Hail Satan! :twisted:
Holman

Post by Holman »

I can hardly believe we've reached this point, but I guess it was inevitable. It's a cult.

It's not hard to see this being a litmus test for Republicans in 2020.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

To be fair, the Antichrist is a kind of chosen one...
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's utterly gross to see Evangelicals attempting to teach Trump who he's supposed to be.

They've been waiting since the 19th century for a leader who embodies their Christo-nationalism, and now they've got one who lacks even a second-grader's sense of Sunday School dogmatism.
They're starting from puppet shows with him. It's Vacation Bible School for fascists.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

There's also the fact that he's probably the most fundamentally un-good person ever to inhabit the office. Like, does anyone believe he's out to help anyone for the sake of it?

Post by Default »

They talk about having elected Cyrus, but they got Ahaz instead and can't admit it, even to themselves.*

*Disclaimer: preacher kid background
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

"I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."

President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
So, Trump is taking a dig at previous Presidents for not having previously created a centennial coin...for an event that happened in 1920.

Good lord, this man is a moron.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:59 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:10 pm Mandate of heaven.

To be fair, the Bible presents most of the Old Testament kings as assholes.
Well, yeah, that's part of the problem. The article explains how Perry noted that King David had some "personal problems" but was still a great leader and still had the full authority of God. Basically excusing Trump of all his shitfuckery and empowering him further. It explains where the GOP is. They believe they they can justify all of it if they blast it out enough on FOX and Breitbart and wherever else.

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This was posted on Trump's Twitter this morning. Which means that, as per the DOJ, this is now an official White House statement.

If North Korea were posting shit like this, we'd all point and laugh. Yet here we are...
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's awful. Meanwhile, we all just paid for Trump's 100th visit to Mar-a-Lago:
President Trump hit an important milestone as he returned to Florida over the Thanksgiving holiday: 100 visits to Mar-a-Lago. In 1,040 days as president, he has prioritized visiting his properties over the course of his presidency, making time for nearly 400 visits to the businesses that he still owns and profits from. Of all of his properties, it appears that Mar-a-Lago is his favorite to funnel untold sums of taxpayer money to, even rebranding Mar-a-Lago the “Winter White House.”

The president has visited Mar-a-Lago nearly 10% of the days he’s been in office, despite the fact that his use of the resort has prompted concerns about national security, profiteering, influence peddling and transparency. Now that Mar-a-Lago is Trump’s official residence, we can only expect more visits to the resort. While every President is entitled to maintain and visit a personal residence, Trump is the first modern president to routinely allow the funneling of federal and foreign government dollars to his pocket in this way.
Holman

Post by Holman »

He's talking about the war criminals he pardoned.

(When Trump or any Republican says "Deep State," just substitute "rule of law.")
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Trying to get my mind around the idea of a President of the United States actually saying "deep state". Truly, every day a new low.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Spencer writes an op ed to explain Trump interference in Gallagher decisions.

My takeaway is that the number one way to control the POTUS is to get yourself onto Fox News. That should be an article of impeachment - sorta kidding there. Trump is smashing everything good about this country to pieces. Spencer even falls on the sword here because he wants to demonstrate what taking responsibility for your actions is. It is beyond a shame that ethical people like Spencer get pushed out because of this shit goblin.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Drain the swamp! I'm sure the AWS lawyers are high fiving right now. There is now a pattern of contract abuse in the military to dig into.

Washington Post
A company that President Trump urged military officials to hire for border wall construction has been awarded a $400 million contract to build a span of new barrier across an Arizona wildlife refuge, according to a Defense Department announcement Monday.

North Dakota-based Fisher Sand and Gravel won the contract to build in the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge in Yuma County, Ariz., the Defense Department said, with a target completion date of Dec. 30, 2020.

Trump has repeatedly pushed for Fisher to get a wall-building contract, urging officials with the Army Corps of Engineers to pick the firm — only to be told that Fisher’s bids did not meet standards. Trump’s entreaties on behalf of the company have concerned some officials who are unaccustomed to a president getting personally involved in the intricacies of government contracting.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:21 pm That's awful. Meanwhile, we all just paid for Trump's 100th visit to Mar-a-Lago:
President Trump hit an important milestone as he returned to Florida over the Thanksgiving holiday: 100 visits to Mar-a-Lago. In 1,040 days as president, he has prioritized visiting his properties over the course of his presidency, making time for nearly 400 visits to the businesses that he still owns and profits from. Of all of his properties, it appears that Mar-a-Lago is his favorite to funnel untold sums of taxpayer money to, even rebranding Mar-a-Lago the “Winter White House.”

The president has visited Mar-a-Lago nearly 10% of the days he’s been in office, despite the fact that his use of the resort has prompted concerns about national security, profiteering, influence peddling and transparency. Now that Mar-a-Lago is Trump’s official residence, we can only expect more visits to the resort. While every President is entitled to maintain and visit a personal residence, Trump is the first modern president to routinely allow the funneling of federal and foreign government dollars to his pocket in this way.
So at least every 2.6 days he's visiting one of his properties and undoubtedly dropping taxpayer money there. Many healthy people shit less frequently than he visits his properties as president.

MYT
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am So at least every 2.6 days he's visiting one of his properties and undoubtedly dropping taxpayer money there. Many healthy people shit less frequently than he visits his properties as president.
Many healthy people shit less often than every 2.6 days??? :shock:
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:28 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am So at least every 2.6 days he's visiting one of his properties and undoubtedly dropping taxpayer money there. Many healthy people shit less frequently than he visits his properties as president.
Many healthy people shit less often than every 2.6 days??? :shock:
Most people are between 3 times per day and 3 times per week (2.3 days). You figure that many of Trump's 400 visits are longer than one day and he's easily more frequent than 2.6 and probably 2.3.

MYT
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

There couldn't have been a more apropos derailment to this thread.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He could conceivably only be taking shits at Trump properties. It would explain a lot.

Was he in the White House for an extended time before his unannounced hospital visit? Maybe he held it in his parcopresic ass too long and had an upset tummy and a hurty poo poking out.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

This thread delivers.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Bloomberg
The Trump administration will announce a plan Wednesday to end food stamps benefits for more than 700,000 Americans, issuing a new regulation that makes it harder for states to gain waivers from a requirement that beneficiaries work or participate in a vocational training program, according to people familiar with the matter.

Conservatives have long sought cuts in the federal food assistance program for the poor. House Republicans tried to impose similar restrictions last year when Congress renewed the program but were rebuffed in the Senate.

The work requirement covers “able-bodied” recipients. A U.S. Department of Agriculture spokeswoman said it doesn’t apply to recipients who are over 50, disabled or pregnant, or anyone with a child under 18.

The measure would be the first of three Trump administration initiatives curtailing food stamp benefits to take effect. The Urban Institute estimated in an analysis last month that the measures together would cut 3.7 million beneficiaries from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, often known by its previous name, food stamps.
The USDA estimates 709,000 people will lose food stamps under the new work requirement rule, according to a department spokeswoman.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Welfare queens themselves are all Democrats, so go ahead and starve 'em out. You know who else likes SNAP? Farmers. Hard to believe he's stigginit to them again...and that they'll mostly be cool with that.