The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by hepcat »

tjg_marantz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 am Pence won't be around for 2020. Trump/Graham. Trump/McConnell.
Trump/Trump is his most fervent wish.
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's weird that the Trump administration is working so hard to fuck up the agency responsible for conducting security clearance background checks. :coffee:

Top secret: Trump's revamp of U.S. security clearances stumbling - officials, report
At a time when the United States says China is aggressively spying on its government, a push by President Donald Trump to fix the system that determines who can and cannot be trusted with secrets is behind schedule and disorganized, according to U.S. officials and an internal agency report.

While the process for security clearance background checks has been broken for years, the Republican Trump administration delayed starting a revamp for months, said Senator Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

With a June 24 deadline for the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to begin transferring thousands of employees and contractors to the Department of Defense under Trump’s plan, it is unclear when the overhaul will be completed, said four government sources who requested anonymity.
Donald Trump team threatens to lay off employees if Congress doesn't eliminate agency
President Donald Trump's administration is threatening to furlough or lay off up to 150 employees at the Office of Personnel Management if Congress does not agree to eliminate the federal agency or find a new way to pay for the positions.

Members of Congress who oppose the administration's plan to kill off OPM and move its functions elsewhere called the plan an effort to intimidate lawmakers and contend it is an attack on federal workers' rights.

"After realizing they were not going to prevail on the merits of the proposal, the Trump Administration is taking 150 federal employees hostage unless we consent to a plan that has no rationale," said Rep. Gerald E. Connolly, D-Va.

Connolly, who chairs a government operations subcommittee that has jurisdiction over the agency, called the break-up plan "nothing more than a political gambit to give the White House control of our longstanding merit-based civil service system.”

Trump administration officials said furloughs and possibly layoffs may be necessary because the personnel agency is losing revenue after the transfer of one of its core functions: conducting background checks on prospective federal employees.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

tjg_marantz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 am Pence won't be around for 2020. Trump/Graham. Trump/McConnell.
Reporters noted that at Trump's big Orlando rally (officially the kick-off of his 2020 campaign), all the official signs said "Trump 2020" rather than "Trump/Pence 2020."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 am
Trump/Trump is his most fervent wish.
We're talking politics here, not that kind of fantasy.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:26 am It's weird that the Trump administration is working so hard to fuck up the agency responsible for conducting security clearance background checks. :coffee:

Top secret: Trump's revamp of U.S. security clearances stumbling - officials, report
At a time when the United States says China is aggressively spying on its government, a push by President Donald Trump to fix the system that determines who can and cannot be trusted with secrets is behind schedule and disorganized, according to U.S. officials and an internal agency report.

While the process for security clearance background checks has been broken for years, the Republican Trump administration delayed starting a revamp for months, said Senator Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

With a June 24 deadline for the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to begin transferring thousands of employees and contractors to the Department of Defense under Trump’s plan, it is unclear when the overhaul will be completed, said four government sources who requested anonymity.
Donald Trump team threatens to lay off employees if Congress doesn't eliminate agency
President Donald Trump's administration is threatening to furlough or lay off up to 150 employees at the Office of Personnel Management if Congress does not agree to eliminate the federal agency or find a new way to pay for the positions.

Members of Congress who oppose the administration's plan to kill off OPM and move its functions elsewhere called the plan an effort to intimidate lawmakers and contend it is an attack on federal workers' rights.

"After realizing they were not going to prevail on the merits of the proposal, the Trump Administration is taking 150 federal employees hostage unless we consent to a plan that has no rationale," said Rep. Gerald E. Connolly, D-Va.

Connolly, who chairs a government operations subcommittee that has jurisdiction over the agency, called the break-up plan "nothing more than a political gambit to give the White House control of our longstanding merit-based civil service system.”

Trump administration officials said furloughs and possibly layoffs may be necessary because the personnel agency is losing revenue after the transfer of one of its core functions: conducting background checks on prospective federal employees.
That's scary shit. That sure looks like an effort to get the federal bureaucracy more under Trump's personal control.
Black Lives Matter.
milo

Post by milo »

Well, yes. That's how authoritarians work.
--milo
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

What in the actual fuck?

Hodor.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I was just about to post that.

I do admit I lol-ed when it turned into EEEE.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Does Trump fancy himself Peer Gynt or Mountain King in this?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m sure he doesn’t realize that was not meant to be complimentary.
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Seriously, though, tweeting that edited version should really be grounds for removal immediately. That's about as brazen a disregard for the integrity of the office as can be.

Of course, we live in the upside-down now, so no GOP person will even bat an eyelash.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:37 pm Seriously, though, tweeting that edited version should really be grounds for removal immediately. That's about as brazen a disregard for the integrity of the office as can be.

Of course, we live in the upside-down now, so no GOP person will even bat an eyelash.
Not even the first time this week he's suggested staying in office beyond what is constitutionally allowed.
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote:
Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:37 pm Seriously, though, tweeting that edited version should really be grounds for removal immediately. That's about as brazen a disregard for the integrity of the office as can be.

Not even the first time this week he's suggested staying in office beyond what is constitutionally allowed.
Tbh, he's just doing this to pwn teh libs. It is 100% trolling, IMHO, and not to be taken seriously.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:42 pm
pr0ner wrote:

Tbh, he's just doing this to pwn teh libs. It is 100% trolling, IMHO, and not to be taken seriously.
Although even a flirtation with flouting laws and norms prepares the ground for when he really does break them.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:03 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:42 pm
pr0ner wrote:

Although even a flirtation with flouting laws and norms prepares the ground for when he really does break them.
+1
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

hepcat wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:34 pm I’m sure he doesn’t realize that was not meant to be complimentary.
So apparently I was wrong. It was created by a Trump supporter. :shock:
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Stephanie Grisham is the new Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Obviously she got the job because she lies like a pro.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Donald Trump, today: “Twitter is just terrible, what they do. They don’t let you get the word out.”
President Donald Trump lambasted Twitter, Google and other technology giants on Wednesday for what he sees as their efforts to repress his messaging and public commentary.

“Twitter is just terrible, what they do. They don’t let you get the word out,” Trump told Fox Business Network. “I’ll tell you what, they should be sued because what’s happening with the bias — and now you see it with that executive yesterday from Google. The hatred for the Republicans: It’s not even like ‘Gee! Let’s lean Democrat.’”

“These people are all Democrats, it’s totally biased toward Democrats. If I announced tomorrow that I’m going to become a nice liberal Democrat, I would pick up five times more followers,” he said. Twitter’s shares took a temporary hit in premarket trading as the president spoke.

“What they did to me on Twitter is incredible,” he said. “I have millions and millions of followers, but I will tell you, they make it very hard for people to join me in Twitter and they make it very much harder for me to get out the message.”
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Donald Kardashian
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The whole interview is just nuts.

Thread:

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Oh, Maria. Me and Joey still think you're the best.

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

TRUMP: "Europe treats us worse than China. Europe is -- you know, look, I come from Europe ... European nations were set up to take advantage of the United States."
New York City is in Europe apparently.
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:23 pm
TRUMP: "Europe treats us worse than China. Europe is -- you know, look, I come from Europe ... European nations were set up to take advantage of the United States."
If he's from Europe, then he can't legally be president. No wonder he never gave up on the Obama birth certificate thing...he was trying to deflect attention from his own ineligibility!
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:
He's from the fascist part of Europe.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The Marshall Plan was Obama's biggest sellout.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trump told Archduke Franz Ferdinand that the Black Hand was out to get him the day before he was shot. But does the press bring that up? Do they give Trump the credit he deserves for trying to avert WW1? Noooooo. They'd rather point out he wasn't even born yet.
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:20 pm Trump told Archduke Franz Ferdinand that the Black Hand was out to get him the day before he was shot. But does the press bring that up? Do they give Trump the credit he deserves for trying to avert WW1? Noooooo. They'd rather point out he wasn't even born yet.
This belongs in the Alt-facts thread. There, Trump could have prevented WWI, cured cancer, and been the first human to walk on the surface of Uranus and it would be all perfectly legitimate.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:20 pm Trump told Archduke Franz Ferdinand that the Black Hand was out to get him the day before he was shot. But does the press bring that up? Do they give Trump the credit he deserves for trying to avert WW1? Noooooo. They'd rather point out he wasn't even born yet.
This belongs in the Alt-facts thread. There, Trump could have prevented WWI, cured cancer, and been the first human to walk on the surface of Uranus and it would be all perfectly legitimate.
Trump has never walked on the surface of my anus, but certainly resembles the transitory contents of one.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scenes from Donald Trump's press conference with Putin.

Come for the open mockery of election interference, stay for the shared hatred of journalists.

thread:

malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:23 pm
I'm trying to parse this - does he mean they were set up to take advantage of the United States anticipating that when it would eventually be founded in their future it would be full of cucks to be dominated? Or did some genius mastermind trick them into taking advantage of the United States. I want to get this right because the response to both is drastically different.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Besides changing his place of birth, father's place of birth, names of his children and wives to suit whatever occasion he's at, I wouldn't look for any actual logic in whatever the idiot says. It's been a known fact for decades that he'll expound for hours on stuff he has no knowledge of whatsoever, if given the chance.
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Holman wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am Scenes from Donald Trump's press conference with Putin.

Come for the open mockery of election interference, stay for the shared hatred of journalists.

thread:

Actually, he's just telling Vlad "Pull my finger." The sound was dubbed on this one.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

While I'm sure this isn't exclusive to Trump, I thought it was funny.

He's apparently shooting for the ever-critical "stock photo model" demographic. :lol:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Our President, smiling and happy over the death of a senator. This is normal.

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was expecting him to follow up with 'Too bad more of them aren't gone.' It would fit with his established pattern.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Our President, smiling and happy over the death of a senator. This is normal.

I'm sure this is the thing that goes over well with the lock her up crowd.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

In which the President of the United States begs for a meeting with the dictator of a hostile nation via Twitter.

JFC, how far we have fallen.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

He also joked with Putin about getting rid of journalists and shared a laugh about election meddling.

On the plus side, I read that Trump has no interest in expanding his base, believing that they carried him to victory once and will do it again (with Putin's help, obviously) as long as he can keep them frothing at the mouth. We'll see how that works out for him.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"Mr. Trump, you're standing on the edge of a strip of land with almost 2 million landmines...we urge you to just run through it."

-Everyone who really loves America
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

That busing answer has to indicate cognitive decline. There's no way a guy who was a *racist real-estate developer* in the 1970s couldn't have known the term back then.

This was shortly before or after he told a Russian TV reporter that Putin was a "great guy" and told another reporter that MBS was "a friend of mine."