The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by GreenGoo »

Here's hoping it's a piece of foolscap with some handscribbled, illegible lines written on it. Bonus points if there are doodles and/or stink lines.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

So you're saying the Fake News Awards might be fake news? Excuse me as I procure the fainting couch.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 pm So you're saying the Fake News Awards might be fake news?
Donald Trump is so meta. THREE DIMENSIONAL CHESS!
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Well, the "Mainstream Media Accountability Survey" went out today, so that's, er, something.

While laughable from a data and statistics perspective, I'm sure that "survey" will give them the exact answers they're looking for.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm sure he's mad because comedians and TV personalities like Stephen Colbert took his "award" concept and ran with it. Now that they're getting more attention than he is, he'll need to come up with something else.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:I'm sure he's mad because comedians and TV personalities like Stephen Colbert took his "award" concept and ran with it. Now that they're getting more attention than he is, he'll need to come up with something else.
Yeah, a surprise nuclear strike against Korea announced on his awards show should do the trick.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Please, Lord, make it stop. https://twitter.com/SPIN/status/953698751641804800
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm Well, the "Mainstream Media Accountability Survey" went out today, so that's, er, something.

While laughable from a data and statistics perspective, I'm sure that "survey" will give them the exact answers they're looking for.
That wasn't today. That was a few days ago. He should have received and tabulated his process already.

<harumph!>
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:24 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm Well, the "Mainstream Media Accountability Survey" went out today, so that's, er, something.

That wasn't today. That was a few days ago. He should have received and tabulated his process already.

<harumph!>
Hah, I filled it out and said that I trusted media totally but did not trust the president. My small part for America! :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

What's frustrating is that the President has made it so that people have to say their trust the media 100% or he will take any hesitation and run with it.

Who the hell trusts ANY corporation 100%? That's kind of ludicrous on the face of it. But I'd rather say that then give Drumpf even a tiny wedge to exploit.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ready your brain bleach generators, everyone. Stormy Daniels is apparently going to drop 5,000+ words on sex with Trump.
On Wednesday, InTouch magazine ran excerpts from an interview with adult-film star Stormy Daniels (née Stephanie Clifford) wherein she detailed having a 2006 affair with then-future-president Donald Trump.

The piece was the first confirmation from Daniels about the affair, which had been much rumored prior to the 2016 election and drew renewed attention this past week after The Wall Street Journal reported that Trump’s personal lawyer paid her $130,000 to keep quiet.

But Wednesday’s story is just the beginning of the saga, not the conclusion of it. According to a source familiar with the matter, later this week, InTouch is planning to run the entire unedited interview it conducted with Daniels. All 5,500 words of it.

The interview with Daniels was conducted in 2011, which means it occurred before the performer signed the reported NDA. The magazine also verified Daniels’ account with two sources at the time and had the actress take a polygraph.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lordy, I hope there are tapes.

Or... not, actually. No. No, thank you.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm What's frustrating is that the President has made it so that people have to say their trust the media 100% or he will take any hesitation and run with it.

Who the hell trusts ANY corporation 100%? That's kind of ludicrous on the face of it. But I'd rather say that then give Drumpf even a tiny wedge to exploit.
Oh, it's a huge joke anyway. It's one of those "surveys" that takes you straight to the campaign donation page.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Trump has tweeted out his Fake News awards. As of now, the webpage that they're on will not load.

Hodor.
Enough

Post by Enough »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm Trump has tweeted out his Fake News awards. As of now, the webpage that they're on will not load.

Well at least it's not the healthcare site. :P
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Cache here. It's a fucking survey. Hahahhha.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

One poll, one free-form comments box, and phone/email address gathering.

Again, hahahahaha.

By providing your phone number, you are consenting to receive calls and texts, including autodialed and automated calls and texts, to that number from the TMAGAC and its participating committees.

Paid for by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm shocked.
Enough

Post by Enough »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 pm One poll, one free-form comments box, and phone/email address gathering.

Again, hahahahaha.

By providing your phone number, you are consenting to receive calls and texts, including autodialed and automated calls and texts, to that number from the TMAGAC and its participating committees.

Paid for by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.
My guess is they done f''d it up and posted the wrong item seeing as how on Twitter there are award tallies being discussed. Still LOL.

https://twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/ ... 3422787586

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It’s loading now. 10 instances of times where the media got things wrong, two of which appear to be opinion pieces and most of the others had retractions issued. Meh.

I expected much more of an attack, to be honest.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

What a maroon.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

And of course while CNN won't give this dog and pony show a blip on their front page, it's Fox News' top headline. Sorry, folks. If you think this is what the administration should be spending time on instead of an impending government shutdown (among other things), you're a stone cold idiot.

P.S. You know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel when one key piece of "evidence" is a CNN video that "suggested" that Trump overfed some koi fish. Seriously. This is real.

Actually, it's worth going through some of these:

1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claiming markets would ‘never’ recover from a Trump presidency - This isn't fake news. This is a prediction by one individual. You can't have fake news awards if YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT.

3. Another penis crowd size claim.

7. A retracted report. Again, news organizations make mistakes, then they retract them when they get the correct information. Something this administration CERTAINLY doesn't understand.

Most of the rest are a mix of other retracted/corrected claims. Seriously how any person with an ounce of common sense can buy into this pile of shit is beyond me. Go eat some Tide pods you drooling morons.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's interesting that Trump's medical report allegedly puts his height at 6' 3" and weight at 239lbs. That's exactly one pound shy of being in the BMI obese range. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

How is that possible?

I saw a lot of comical comparison of all the athletes that were ~240 and 6'3" - and looked nothing like Trump of course - - but they were clearly not obese.
milo

Post by milo »

BMI is designed to predict healthy weights for average, mostly sedentary individuals, not strength athletes. The BMI scale assumes a much higher percentage of body fat and a much lower muscle density than what an NFL quarterback is likely to be carrying around.
--milo
Holman

Post by Holman »

So the "Fake News Awards" were just something Trump announced in a fit of anti-media rage, and then some RNC underling was assigned to cobble it together at the last minute, and it looks exactly like what that suggests.

And Fox News covered it like an important moment in American history?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:50 am So the "Fake News Awards" were just something Trump announced in a fit of anti-media rage, and then some RNC underling was assigned to cobble it together at the last minute, and it looks exactly like what that suggests.

And you're surprised by this?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

First, these aren't even "awards". Where's the "Most Dishonest Reporter" category? Or coveted "Least Accurate News Agency"? These aren't awards. It's just a list of 11 times that a news agency got something wrong. SAD!

What really irritates me is that #1 isn't even related to journalism or news. It's that op-ed columnist Paul Krugman said the economy would tank under Trump. Oh noes, an op-ed columnist got something wrong!? That happens every single time an op-ed column is published.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

milo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 am BMI is designed to predict healthy weights for average, mostly sedentary individuals, not strength athletes. The BMI scale assumes a much higher percentage of body fat and a much lower muscle density than what an NFL quarterback is likely to be carrying around.
Plus, Trump is probably not 6'3"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Holman wrote:So the "Fake News Awards" were just something Trump announced in a fit of anti-media rage, and then some RNC underling was assigned to cobble it together at the last minute, and it looks exactly like what that suggests.

Well Fox News is the Ministry of Information after all.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Top 11 Fakest Fake "News" Ever! You'll never believe number 8!
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

This is crazy.

Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just stopped by to mention the "girther" conspiracy, which made me laugh, but I see it's already covered.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am Just stopped by to mention the "girther" conspiracy, which made me laugh, but I see it's already covered.
Yeah, this is pretty much the best conspiracy-theory name ever.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

wonderpug wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:38 am
milo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 am BMI is designed to predict healthy weights for average, mostly sedentary individuals, not strength athletes. The BMI scale assumes a much higher percentage of body fat and a much lower muscle density than what an NFL quarterback is likely to be carrying around.
He's not 239 lbs either. 250 at least.

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

wonderpug wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:38 am
Someone FOIA'd his NY Drivers License and it lists 6'2". Which still seems a bit tall.
Hodor.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

We need to demand Trump's long form medical report.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I will say that I am inclined to be skeptical of this sort of story, but there really does seem to be solid grounds for being suspicious of the height-weight listed. First, Trump is obviously personally involved in the report (beyond just sitting for the physical) given a lot of the Trumpian language surrounding this. Second, he came in just a pound below the "obese" BMI, which is 1,000% something Trump would care about. I would say that odds that Trump weighed in (so to speak) on the exact content of what was released are about 80%.
Black Lives Matter.