Re: Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

Post by pr0ner »

Uhhhh.

Maybe McMaster isn't fired?
Hodor.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Doesn't the Trump administration routinely deny that someone is leaving just before that person is fired or quits?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sanders is such a ho. Nothing but the house bimbo.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am Doesn't the Trump administration routinely deny that someone is leaving just before that person is fired or quits?
Nobody's fired until the Trumpkin gets to gleefully tweet it.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am Doesn't the Trump administration routinely deny that someone is leaving just before that person is fired or quits?
It's part of how they keep you watching through the commercial break.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 am
It's part of how they keep you watching through the commercial break.
Makes sense for a world view that uses TV-style "ratings" as deterministic of quality. The actions don't matter so much as how many people are following/watching......ME.
Rip

Post by Rip »

$iljanus wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am
AWS260 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 am Well, the good news is that Trump's pick to replace Pompeo at CIA is an experienced career intelligence officer. Here are some of her bona fides:
As a clandestine officer at the Central Intelligence Agency in 2002, Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand.

The C.I.A.’s first overseas detention site was in Thailand. It was run by Ms. Haspel, who oversaw the brutal interrogations of two detainees, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri.

Mr. Zubaydah alone was waterboarded 83 times in a single month, had his head repeatedly slammed into walls and endured other harsh methods before interrogators decided he had no useful information to provide.

The sessions were videotaped and the recordings stored in a safe at the C.I.A. station in Thailand until 2005, when they were ordered destroyed. By then, Ms. Haspel was serving at C.I.A. headquarters, and it was her name that was on the cable carrying the destruction orders.
Awesome! And isn’t torture, it’s just being made uncomfortable. And it’s only happening to the bad guys. The foreign swarthy looking ones.

Correction: Trump’s pick to head the CIA did not oversee waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah
:think:
raydude

Post by raydude »

Rip wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:52 am
$iljanus wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am
AWS260 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 am Well, the good news is that Trump's pick to replace Pompeo at CIA is an experienced career intelligence officer. Here are some of her bona fides:
As a clandestine officer at the Central Intelligence Agency in 2002, Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand.

The C.I.A.’s first overseas detention site was in Thailand. It was run by Ms. Haspel, who oversaw the brutal interrogations of two detainees, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri.

Mr. Zubaydah alone was waterboarded 83 times in a single month, had his head repeatedly slammed into walls and endured other harsh methods before interrogators decided he had no useful information to provide.

The sessions were videotaped and the recordings stored in a safe at the C.I.A. station in Thailand until 2005, when they were ordered destroyed. By then, Ms. Haspel was serving at C.I.A. headquarters, and it was her name that was on the cable carrying the destruction orders.
Awesome! And isn’t torture, it’s just being made uncomfortable. And it’s only happening to the bad guys. The foreign swarthy looking ones.

Correction: Trump’s pick to head the CIA did not oversee waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah
:think:
From that same article wrote:The February 2017 ProPublica story did accurately report that Haspel later rose to a senior position at CIA headquarters, where she pushed her bosses to destroy the tapes of Zubaydah’s waterboarding. Her direct boss, the head of the agency’s Counterterrorism Center, ultimately signed the order to feed the 92 tapes into a shredder. Her actions in that instance, and in the waterboarding of al-Nashiri, are likely to be the focus of questions at her confirmation hearings.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

she pushed her bosses to destroy the tapes of Zubaydah’s waterboarding.
For me this has always been the part that's disqualifying - doesn't sound like that's changed with this correction.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's still the case that she oversaw a "black site" right? Just not during the waterboarding of that particular guy?
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am It's still the case that she oversaw a "black site" right? Just not during the waterboarding of that particular guy?
Right. She became chief of the base after that incident, but she was still involved in its cover-up.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

McMaster's out. Bolton's in. No more "major changes". #MAGTWA
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hmmm...might be time to order some potassium iodine supplements.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 pm Hmmm...might be time to order some potassium iodine supplements.
We live in NJ - I'm not going to worry about surviving.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:48 pm McMaster's out. Bolton's in. No more "major changes". #MAGTWA

So, two land wars in Asia? The last I heard, Bolton favors shooting wars with North Korea and Iran.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Saw on Twitter that Trump and Bolton have been talking for weeks about Bolton becoming National Security Adviser and how Bolton promised Trump he wouldn't start any wars.
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Fred Kaplan says it is time to panic.
It’s time to push the panic button.

John Bolton’s appointment as national security adviser—a post that requires no Senate confirmation—puts the United States on a path to war. And it’s fair to say President Donald Trump wants us on that path.

After all, Trump gave Bolton the job after the two held several conversations (despite White House chief of staff John Kelly’s orders barring Bolton from the building). And there was this remark that Trump made after firing Rex Tillerson and nominating the more hawkish Mike Pompeo to take his place: “We’re getting very close to having the Cabinet and other things I want.”

Bolton has repeatedly called for launching a first strike on North Korea, scuttling the nuclear arms deal with Iran, and then bombing that country too. He says and writes these things not as part of some clever “madman theory” to bring Kim Jong-un and the mullahs of Tehran to the bargaining table, but rather because he simply wants to destroy them and America’s other enemies too.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm Saw on Twitter that Trump and Bolton have been talking for weeks about Bolton becoming National Security Adviser and how Bolton promised Trump he wouldn't start any wars.
Technically true, he'd have to talk Trump into starting them. Which shouldn't take much, you just have to make sure you're the last one to talk to him, and tell him that those guys said he's so weak, he'd never attack them.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Holman

Post by Holman »

Adam Schiff wrote:John Bolton once suggested Russian hack of DNC may have been a false flag operation by Obama Admin. He joins Joe diGenova, another Fox contributor, who thinks the FBI conspired to frame the President. Glad to see @POTUS surrounding himself with rational thinkers. Heaven help us.
How long until *every* appointee is someone Trump saw praising him on Fox?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Is he talking about this false flag?

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/exclusive ... ce-officer

I don't know how much stock I put in the Daily Beast but I know I put zero stock in my president.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id like to put stock in our President if by stock you mean cyan spiced vinegar and by put you mean enema.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

You spelled cyanide wrong.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Maybe he just really likes blue-green vinegar.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Some significant proposals championed by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and President Donald Trump were rejected in the $1.3 trillion spending bill that's making its way through Congress.

DeVos and Trump proposed a budget that would have cut the Education Department's budget by $3.6 billion and funneled more than $1 billion toward private school vouchers and other school choice plans.

But lawmakers rejected a number of those proposals, including slashing funding for the department's Office for Civil Rights, halving federal work study programs and spending $250 million on a private school choice program.

During a congressional hearing earlier this week, DeVos defended the roughly 5% the White House sought to cut from the Education Department's funding, saying it was aligned with the goal of reducing federal involvement in education.
Funding for charter schools did increase under the bill, up $58 million to a total of $400 million.

The spending bill also includes a boost for after-school programs and adds $610 million to Head Start. DeVos and Trump had proposed eliminating the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, which serves needy students, but the spending bill adds an additional $107 million to the program.
The spending bill would raise the maximum Pell Grant award to low-income students by $175 to $6,095; DeVos had proposed freezing the maximum at $5,920. She had also proposed cutting federal work-study programs in half, but the spending bill would add $140 million, for a total of $1.1 billion.

Her budget plan also proposed cuts to the Office for Civil Rights, DeVos said, because the department had become more efficient at investigating and clearing complaints. The move alarmed Democrats and civil rights groups. The spending bill provides an additional $8.5 million for the office, for a total of $117 million.

DeVos' budget sought to eliminate some grant programs that support student mental health services, a proposal she was grilled by Democrats on Capitol Hill for earlier this week in the wake of the deadly school shooting last month in Parkland, Florida.

The omnibus includes a $700 million increase in funding, for a total of $1.1 billion, for a grant program that schools can use for counselors or other school-based mental health services, and an additional $22 million to reduce school violence.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
Trump spent more time deriding Bolton’s mustache in the transition than focusing on why he didn’t want him as nsa. Kelly was said by multiple sources to have played role in souring Trump on Kelly - Kelly had a bigger problem with him than Trump did.
The Hill
Trump's dislike for Bolton's mustache is well known.

Aides told The Washington Post in 2016 that Bolton's facial hair was one of several reasons Trump didn't pick him as his secretary of State.
But before Trump appointed Bolton to take the place of outgoing national security adviser H.R. McMaster on Thursday, the signature facial hair gave the president pause, according to The New York Times.

A White House aide told CNN on Thursday that Trump was able to look past the facial hair in order to name Bolton as McMaster's replacement.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I feel like someone needs to start a Twitter account named "Bolton's Mustache" and use it to taunt Dear Leader. Because that's the world we live in now.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
I know we had our differences in the past, @realDonaldTrump, but it's touching that you're willing to look past me; to not judge me by this shaggy shell, but to look beyond and see the luscious lip that is the foundation of who I really am.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I wonder if anyone ever told Bolton about the mustache thing? If so, I'll give him credit for sticking to the 'stache.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:21 pm I wonder if anyone ever told Bolton about the mustache thing? If so, I'll give him credit for sticking to the 'stache.

Spoiler:
I appreciate the grooming advice from the totally unbiased mainstream media, but I will not be shaving my #mustache.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:24 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:21 pm I wonder if anyone ever told Bolton about the mustache thing? If so, I'll give him credit for sticking to the 'stache.

Spoiler:
I appreciate the grooming advice from the totally unbiased mainstream media, but I will not be shaving my #mustache.
Hmmm, that would've been about when he was being considered for Secretary of State, but was quite rationally disqualified due to mustache hair.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

When did me loose the 'o' from moustache?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Only liberal commies spell it the pussy, French way.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:30 pm When did me loose the 'o' from moustache?
https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... -moustache

It looks like mustache took the lead in the late 1930s in American English.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:43 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:30 pm When did me loose the 'o' from moustache?
https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... -moustache

It looks like mustache took the lead in the late 1930s in American English.
Danke.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm Saw on Twitter that Trump and Bolton have been talking for weeks about Bolton becoming National Security Adviser and how Bolton promised Trump he wouldn't start any wars.
You see, people shouldn't be so worried. Trump's gunna be a moderating influence on Bolton. :wink:
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

So how much stock do we put in the idea that McMasters was fired 90 minutes before Karen McDougal as distraction from the former playboy playmate of the year's interview on CNN? Have to admit you have to work pretty hard to get me distracted from that but I walk on all fours so...

And if that is the case.....what in the f is he going to pull as an encore for the potentially even more damaging (I say 'damaging' knowing full well it does nothing to this guy but it could definitely give some on the fence trumpers a reason to swing on down off that fence and thereby possibly affect some 2018 mid terms...or that could all be wishful thinking) Stormy Daniel's interview on Sunday night.

So, it's trump which means he could do anything and potentially everything between
1) play golf
2) watch fox news for their reaction
2a) rage tweet while watching fox
3) begin a string of presidential pardons for guys like Michael Flynn, Manafort, etc
4) go on a date with Vladdy-poo for caviar and vodka
5) start a war with north Korea

I really don't have any idea except to say I feel very strongly that he's going to do something. Not exactly breaking news there, is it? Nor is saying that something is going to be a stupid something. I just hope it's not a game breaker.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We can only hope that an act of God takes him out because right now he seems to be The Teflon Don pt2
Rip

Post by Rip »

The announcement Thursday night that former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton would replace Gen. H.R. McMaster as President Donald Trump’s National Security Advisor confirms the arrival of a new, distinctive voice in the Trump administration.
On no issue will Bolton’s firm stance present a bigger departure from establishment dogma than his support for an independent Kurdistan.

Bolton has vocally, consistently supported the establishment of an independent Kurdish state, arguing that the Kurds have proven their ability to govern themselves and earned the support of the United States through their reliable cooperation with Washington against a number of jihadist threats, most prominently the Islamic State (ISIS).

The Kurdish people are divided among territories belonging to Turkey, Iran, Iraq, and Syria, making enemies of all these governments. For decades—and in particular recently, when all four countries faced a growing ISIS presence threatening their stability—Kurds of a variety of factions have proven willing to risk the lives of their armies to defend overlapping interests with America. They take their alliance with the United States seriously and rely only on support from Israel among their neighbors.

Yet despite early hope that the Trump administration would support Kurdish aspirations to become independent of the Islamists in Baghdad, Tehran, Ankara, and Damascus, Trump’s Washington has proven fickle. In Iraq, President Trump vowed not to “take sides” between the Kurdish Peshmerga and Iran-backed Shiite militias that have repeatedly threatened to kill Americans. In Syria, America has stood back while Recep Tayyip Erdogan ordered Turkish troops to launch an ethnic cleansing operation against the Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG/YPJ). The Kurds of Turkey have long been under the heel of an on-again/off-again military occupation in Diyarbakir while Erdogan has arrested any politician who voiced concern for them. It is important to note that, unlike the Peshmerga or the YPG, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), the violent Kurdish faction in Diyarbakir, is a Marxist, U.S.-designated terrorist organization.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... istration/

:clap:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Too bad Trump will ultimately base his opinion of the Kurds solely on how much they compliment him. And since he doesn’t understand their language, that means they’re screwed.

In other news: Fox is calling the rapid turnover in the WH a sign that “Trump is finding his stride.” :lol:

They really are Trump’s mouthpiece. The weird thing is that their radio news is actually pretty unbiased. I wonder how that slipped past them.
Last edited by hepcat on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Covfefe!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Plus, just LOOK at them.