Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kraken wrote:Another one bites the dust
Trump said there was "tremendous energy" in the White House and that "many, many people want every single job."

"Believe me, everybody wants to work in the White House. They all want a piece of that Oval Office; they want a piece of the West Wing," Trump told reporters. "And not only in terms of it looks great on their résumé; it's just a great place to work."
It’s so awesome working there, they’re leaving in droves to let others have a turn. These are unselfish acts!

Such a great job that a 29 YO with no prior experience is leaving “to pursue other opportunities”. :/
Holman

Re: Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

Post by Holman »

Trump declares a trade war against our allies, and his chief economic adviser resigns almost immediately with no successor in sight.

This is how competent and successful organizations operate.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

And now Sessions and the justice department are suing California over sanctuary city stuff. Awesome.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaz wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 pm And now Sessions and the justice department are suing California over sanctuary city stuff. Awesome.
The best part is how Trump people, including the active head of ICE, are saying that state and local officials should be *arrested* for enacting sanctuary laws.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ben Carson Removes Anti-Discrimination Language From HUD Mission Statement
In a March 5 memo addressed to HUD political staff, Amy Thompson, the department’s assistant secretary for public affairs, explained that the statement is being updated “in an effort to align HUD’s mission with the Secretary’s priorities and that of the Administration.”
Removing protections from discrimination does seem right in line with the current Administration.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:06 am
Chaz wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 pm And now Sessions and the justice department are suing California over sanctuary city stuff. Awesome.
The best part is how Trump people, including the active head of ICE, are saying that state and local officials should be *arrested* for enacting sanctuary laws.
This is that whole state's rights thing, isn't it?
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaz wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:26 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:06 am
This is that whole state's rights thing, isn't it?
All government is local apparently only applies when protecting the right to be a bigot or the right exploit local populations and natural resources without regulation.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Cohn held his nose for a long time. He got the corporate tax cuts so I guess it was time to go.

Trump can bullshit all he wants but the best of those willing to stoop to work with him are all burned through so now he gets to pick from 3rd and 4th tier candidates.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:14 pm Ben Carson Removes Anti-Discrimination Language From HUD Mission Statement
In a March 5 memo addressed to HUD political staff, Amy Thompson, the department’s assistant secretary for public affairs, explained that the statement is being updated “in an effort to align HUD’s mission with the Secretary’s priorities and that of the Administration.”
Removing protections from discrimination does seem right in line with the current Administration.
Racial discrimination in housing was pretty much Fred Trump's whole business model.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/betsy ... ar-BBJYSgL
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos made a contentious visit to the site of last month’s Florida school shooting Wednesday, in which she was criticized by survivors and abruptly walked out of her own press conference.

DeVos spent the morning at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where former student Nikolas Cruz gunned down 17 students and teachers on Valentine’s Day. Her visit immediately sparked criticism and backlash from shooting survivors and advocates on social media.

“Do something unexpected: answer our questions,” Aly Sheehy tweeted at DeVos. “You came to our school just for publicity and avoided our questions for the 90 minutes you were actually here. How about you do your job?”
When further pressed on the issue of arming school staff, with questions surrounding training standards and student opposition to such a program, DeVos walked away from her podium and ended the press conference.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What a snowflake.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/betsy ... ar-BBJYSgL
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos made a contentious visit to the site of last month’s Florida school shooting Wednesday, in which she was criticized by survivors and abruptly walked out of her own press conference.

DeVos spent the morning at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where former student Nikolas Cruz gunned down 17 students and teachers on Valentine’s Day. Her visit immediately sparked criticism and backlash from shooting survivors and advocates on social media.

“Do something unexpected: answer our questions,” Aly Sheehy tweeted at DeVos. “You came to our school just for publicity and avoided our questions for the 90 minutes you were actually here. How about you do your job?”
When further pressed on the issue of arming school staff, with questions surrounding training standards and student opposition to such a program, DeVos walked away from her podium and ended the press conference.
PR props aren’t supposed to talk back!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Wow, this seems to happen to her a LOT. Hopefully she's self-aware enough to at least wonder why.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 am Wow, this seems to happen to her a LOT. Hopefully she's self-aware enough to at least wonder why.
Why should she care? She's got a good gig, and as far as I know, carte blanche to do whatever she wants to education.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Trump removes Tillerson. Only the best people.
President Trump has ousted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and replaced him with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, orchestrating a major change to his national security team amid delicate negotiations with North Korea, White House officials said Tuesday.

Trump last Friday asked Tillerson to step aside, and the embattled top diplomat cut short his trip to Africa on Monday to return to Washington.
I wonder what Tillerson publicly did or said?
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Monday slammed Russia over an alleged nerve agent attack in Britain — going further than the White House in directly calling out the Kremlin as “an irresponsible force of instability in the world.”

Tillerson said the United States will stand “in solidarity” with the United Kingdom and would coordinate its response to the attack. At least two people, former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, have been left extremely sick due to the alleged nerve agent.
Oh, but I guess if we say this happened last Friday no one will notice.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Putting the CIA in charge of State is stupid and gives Russia a major propaganda victory about the department always being part of American intel operations. Stupid.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I'm sure this would have doomed him anyway.

Tillerson blasts Russia over alleged nerve agent attack in U.K.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Monday slammed Russia over an alleged nerve agent attack in Britain — going further than the White House in directly calling out the Kremlin as “an irresponsible force of instability in the world.”

Tillerson said the United States will stand “in solidarity” with the United Kingdom and would coordinate its response to the attack. At least two people, former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, have been left extremely sick due to the alleged nerve agent.

“There is never a justification for this type of attack — the attempted murder of a private citizen on the soil of a sovereign nation — and we are outraged that Russia appears to have again engaged in such behavior,” Tillerson said in the statement. “From Ukraine to Syria — and now the U.K. — Russia continues to be an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens.”
According to a WaPo article he was dismissed on Friday and cut short his Africa trip on Monday so I'm wondering if this statement was just a big middle finger to Comrade Trump?

Edit: Arrgh, I completely missed what Smoove typed in the bottom half of the post. Oh well, bottom line is that the shitshow continues.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 am Putting the CIA in charge of State is stupid and gives Russia a major propaganda victory about the department always being part of American intel operations. Stupid.
This. There is something beyond wrong here. The head of the CIA to State. You have to be kidding me. This is so obviously a terrible idea that it can only be Trump's.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The Meal wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm Where Do I March?

+ 1... Does this go here or the umbrella thread or the investigation thread of the GOP sucks ass thread?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm sure he did it because in his mind Secretary = loyal and as former head of CIA, he'll magically then be protected from Mueller.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 am
Zarathud wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 am Putting the CIA in charge of State is stupid and gives Russia a major propaganda victory about the department always being part of American intel operations. Stupid.
This. There is something beyond wrong here. The head of the CIA to State. You have to be kidding me. This is so obviously a terrible idea that it can only be TrumpPutin's.
FTFY
Holman

Post by Holman »

link
Remarkable statement from State Department spokesman on Tillerson firing:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"There is no Chaos, only great Energy!"
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Why is that statement remarkable?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Like a big boy!

AP wrote:BREAKING: Trump says he made decision to oust secretary of state 'by myself,' says Tillerson will be 'much happier now' .
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am Why is that statement remarkable?
Pretty remarkable that Trump would fire Tillerson without telling Tillerson why, isn't it?
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Smoove_B wrote:Like a big boy!

AP wrote:BREAKING: Trump says he made decision to oust secretary of state 'by myself,' says Tillerson will be 'much happier now' .

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that back in November (?) the NYT reported that Kelley was trying to remove Tillerson and replace him with Pompeo.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Definitely just a coincidence.
Hodor.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

People actually voted for this shit show....
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

People still defend and cheer for this shit show.....
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am
Pretty remarkable that Trump would fire Tillerson without telling Tillerson why, isn't it?
Honestly? No. Nothing that Trump does surprises me anymore. And it's not just about "precedent-breaking". I really don't hold to that like some people do, as if tradition is holy by its mere existence. It's the ways in which he is breaking precedent, in almost all cases, that is the concern (for me). A stupid, small example: flag pin. That's a relatively recent presidential precedent that I couldn't care less about. If President X wants to break that decades-long precedent and NOT wear a flag pin? FINE. I don't even really have a problem with his "unprecedented" use of Twitter. Except that he's a moron, and the vile shit he spews on there makes him look like a childish boor.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Well, the good news is that Trump's pick to replace Pompeo at CIA is an experienced career intelligence officer. Here are some of her bona fides:
As a clandestine officer at the Central Intelligence Agency in 2002, Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand.

The C.I.A.’s first overseas detention site was in Thailand. It was run by Ms. Haspel, who oversaw the brutal interrogations of two detainees, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri.

Mr. Zubaydah alone was waterboarded 83 times in a single month, had his head repeatedly slammed into walls and endured other harsh methods before interrogators decided he had no useful information to provide.

The sessions were videotaped and the recordings stored in a safe at the C.I.A. station in Thailand until 2005, when they were ordered destroyed. By then, Ms. Haspel was serving at C.I.A. headquarters, and it was her name that was on the cable carrying the destruction orders.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

He also just fired his Personal Assistant. Bloody Tuesday?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Wait...she has connections in Thailand? Isn't that where those Russian escorts sex coaches claiming to have information on U.S. election meddling are currently being held?

EDIT: It is
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

tru1cy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 am He also just fired his Personal Assistant. Bloody Tuesday?
No, his assistant was fired.
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am CNN
Minutes later, the Trump campaign announced McEntee would be joining the reelection effort as a senior adviser for campaign operations.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am
pr0ner wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am
Honestly? No. Nothing that Trump does surprises me anymore. And it's not just about "precedent-breaking". I really don't hold to that like some people do, as if tradition is holy by its mere existence. It's the ways in which he is breaking precedent, in almost all cases, that is the concern (for me). A stupid, small example: flag pin. That's a relatively recent presidential precedent that I couldn't care less about. If President X wants to break that decades-long precedent and NOT wear a flag pin? FINE. I don't even really have a problem with his "unprecedented" use of Twitter. Except that he's a moron, and the vile shit he spews on there makes him look like a childish boor.
So you're okay with normalizing behavior like firing a cabinet member via twitter?
Hodor.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

AWS260 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 am Well, the good news is that Trump's pick to replace Pompeo at CIA is an experienced career intelligence officer. Here are some of her bona fides:
As a clandestine officer at the Central Intelligence Agency in 2002, Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand.

The C.I.A.’s first overseas detention site was in Thailand. It was run by Ms. Haspel, who oversaw the brutal interrogations of two detainees, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri.

Mr. Zubaydah alone was waterboarded 83 times in a single month, had his head repeatedly slammed into walls and endured other harsh methods before interrogators decided he had no useful information to provide.

The sessions were videotaped and the recordings stored in a safe at the C.I.A. station in Thailand until 2005, when they were ordered destroyed. By then, Ms. Haspel was serving at C.I.A. headquarters, and it was her name that was on the cable carrying the destruction orders.
Awesome! And isn’t torture, it’s just being made uncomfortable. And it’s only happening to the bad guys. The foreign swarthy looking ones.
Black lives matter!

Rip

Post by Rip »

The secret is out. The foreign policy of the country is run by the deep state intel branches.

:binky: