Russia influences election

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: Russia influences election

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:55 pm Well, maybe it's a regional thing?
It's a Russian bot.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:55 pm No one writes the dollar sign on the right in North America (maybe francophones? I don't recall specifically)

Well, maybe it's a regional thing?
That, as the kids say these days, is the joke.

It's the sort of error that someone who is non-fluent in English would make, because we say "twenty dollars" but use "$20" in writing.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My wife says a friend of hers claimed this is exactly what the DNC would say to discredit those speaking the truth.

I'll bet you twenty dollars fifty it's those dirty libruls and their fake news.
Pyperkub

Re: Re: Russia influences election

Post by Pyperkub »

GreenGoo wrote:No one writes the dollar sign on the right in North America (maybe francophones? I don't recall specifically)

Well, maybe it's a regional thing?

There is basically zero chance reporters are bribing women into making accusations.

This is just another attempt to undermine victims. For every false claim there are thousands of real events that don't get reported. Some of the reasons are the victim blaming and undermining as seen here.
Hidden shares in windows use it ($ at the end) ,so it's probably more familiar to foreign hackers than for currency.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

link
Trump, just now on AF1, says Putin again denied meddling in election: "Every time he sees me, he said: I didn't do that. And I believe, I really believe that when he tells me that he means it"
This is the POTUS throwing our entire intelligence community and those of our allies under the bus.

That pee tape must be something really special, and the money laundering receipts even hotter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

And then... HOLY SHIT.
Trump continues to slam former US intel leaders: “I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks...I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey..So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them”
More here.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Come on Rip, you can't tell me you think any of this is on the up and up.

Not only is he a corrupt and vile human being, the POTUS is Russia's toadie. Literally, not figuratively. Not rhetorically. This is Manchurian candidate level stuff.

This is an incredibly low moment in US history, and you are responsible. Way to speed the descent of your country. Pretending to be apathetic does not exonerate you.

MSD, if you're listening, you suck twice as hard as Rip, because you actually believe Drumpf was a good idea. This has nothing to do with your politics and everything to do with your judgment.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"Trump is so rich he can't be bought. "

But he can be owned by someone who has spent more on a few homes than the Trump family's entire net worth.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

This alone should be enough to remove him from office. It's downright treasonous to publicly support the enemies of the United States against your own intelligence community.

Can you imagine the shit storm if Obama had told the world he trusted Putin over his own intelligence? There would be GOP Senators hacking at the Oval Office doors brandishing torches and pitchforks.

Fucking hypocrites.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I personally now think he will end up in jail at some point. There's some super serious shit going on and the investigation is going to catch up to him at some point. There HAS to be evidence when he's so far in this guys pocket. He takes the word of a dictator over our own countries intelligence? Disgusting and disgusting that people are still supporting him. At the end of the day if he gets his tax cuts through and gets kicked out without going to jail it's a win for him.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's easy to forget how this administration was supposed to go down:

Trump believed that he was going to come to DC, put his cronies in place, and just ride the gravy train while stoking populist/racist enthusiasm. Maybe the plan was just profit-taking; maybe Trump had actually promised Ivanka that she or Jared would someday be president after him.

But somehow, for some reason, it was *absolutely necessary* to first cancel the Russian sanctions and give Putin what he wants. That was literally the only thing the Trump team insisted on in the GOP platform. It was job #1, and they expected to move on it in January. The rest of governing was barely worth Trump's notice.

With the Dems politically neutered, only the vigilance of the investigators and the press have stood in his way.

The true history of this era is going to be quite a saga.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:37 amThat was literally the only thing the Trump team insisted on in the GOP platform.
It really is amazing when you go back to last July and re-read the articles surrounding the support of Russia by the GOP:
“I wasn’t involved in that. Honestly, I was not involved,” Trump said.

Meanwhile, his top aide, Paul Manafort ― who for a decade was an adviser to the Russian-backed president of Ukraine until he was removed from office in 2014 ― similarly told NBC News that the new wording was not his idea. “It absolutely did not come from the Trump campaign,” he said.
I need to go read-up on that Manafort guy and see whatever happened with him.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:54 am link
Trump, just now on AF1, says Putin again denied meddling in election: "Every time he sees me, he said: I didn't do that. And I believe, I really believe that when he tells me that he means it"
This is the POTUS throwing our entire intelligence community and those of our allies under the bus.

That pee tape must be something really special, and the money laundering receipts even hotter.
Wow, he must think we're all as dumb as his supporters.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm in a charitable mood this morning so I choose to believe that Trump is merely naive. He trusts his gut instinct over the supposed facts. We know that Trump isn't very smart and has an uneasy relationship with truth (and with objective reality in general). Facts are what he says they are; if his own facts are slippery, then so are everybody else's. At best they're meaningless, and more often facts are a web of lies woven by the swamp creatures and the lying media to entrap Trump. If his pal Vlad says that something isn't so, and it passes Trump's gut check, then everybody else is just wrong or lying.

And somewhere around 35% of us are fine with that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

People suck.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kraken wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm I'm in a charitable mood this morning so I choose to believe that Trump is merely naive. He trusts his gut instinct over the supposed facts. We know that Trump isn't very smart and has an uneasy relationship with truth (and with objective reality in general). Facts are what he says they are; if his own facts are slippery, then so are everybody else's. At best they're meaningless, and more often facts are a web of lies woven by the swamp creatures and the lying media to entrap Trump. If his pal Vlad says that something isn't so, and it passes Trump's gut check, then everybody else is just wrong or lying.

And somewhere around 35% of us are fine with that.
It's the same as when Trump claims that his crowd was the largest or his deals are the greatest or his health plan will deliver the greatest healthcare the world has ever seen. Everything Trump-branded is superlative; every critic is a liar.

In this case, the Trump-branded thing is Trump's relationship with Russia (an investment he made long before he got into politics), and the lying critics are the agencies tasked with guarding the U.S. against espionage and sabotage.

The measure of Trump's sanity is the degree to which he can distinguish his own bluster from the truth. I'm afraid he's pretty far gone there, and that has consequences for our entire civilization.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Even better - Putin distances himself from Trump's comments:
President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin did not discuss alleged election meddling on Saturday, despite Trump saying they did, according to Putin’s office.

“No,” Putin's press secretary Dmitri Peskov told CNN when asked, “as far as you know, did the two leaders discuss meddling?"
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Now he's just toying with him.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:39 pm Even better - Putin distances himself from Trump's comments:
President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin did not discuss alleged election meddling on Saturday, despite Trump saying they did, according to Putin’s office.

“No,” Putin's press secretary Dmitri Peskov told CNN when asked, “as far as you know, did the two leaders discuss meddling?"
This is the first time since his rotten soul entered politics that I would love to hear Trump yell, "Fake News!"
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:39 pm Even better - Putin distances himself from Trump's comments:

Hilariously, Drumpf comes away from this looking like a shmuck if Putin is lying OR telling the truth.

God damn he is just terribubble.
malchior

Post by malchior »

That is the best part of this for Putin. Goal #1 was to get the sanctions lifted. That much is clear. Since that goal is pretty much impossible now he is free to go after Goal #2 which is the end of US interference in a host of activities. And this is an example of how he achieves that. He is now able to sow complete discord anytime he and Trump interact. That is an easily foreseeable consequence.

That's why I'd personally like to know the arrangements for the meeting. For example, unless Trump walked in with ten people he is a complete fucking moron. Even if Putin didn't have kompromat on Trump-even though he almost certainly does-any meeting without sufficient witnesses is always in his favor. They are both completely untrustworthy so the result is inevitable chaos which only favors Putin here.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Octavious wrote:I personally now think he will end up in jail at some point. There's some super serious shit going on and the investigation is going to catch up to him at some point. There HAS to be evidence when he's so far in this guys pocket. He takes the word of a dictator over our own countries intelligence? Disgusting and disgusting that people are still supporting him. At the end of the day if he gets his tax cuts through and gets kicked out without going to jail it's a win for him.
I think he will cut a deal and volunteer to step down. Once he is out that’s when the state prosecutions will kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Holman

Post by Holman »

This is where Trump pushes back hard, right?

One thing we know about our president is that he will NEVER let people get away with lying. He calls it out. He doesn't let it pass.

Man, Putin doesn't know what he's in for. The takedown is going to be Epic. MAGA!!
malchior

Post by malchior »

That is my favorite part personally - there are only 2 "groups" of people that Trump absolutely does not attack. His family and Russia. Otherwise it is fair game. Disabled people. Gold star parents. Veterans. It is the clearest indication that Putin has the pee pee tape, threatens the family finances, or just has the family jewels in a vice.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Holman wrote:This is where Trump pushes back hard, right?

One thing we know about our president is that he will NEVER let people get away with lying. He calls it out. He doesn't let it pass.

Man, Putin doesn't know what he's in for. The takedown is going to be Epic. MAGA!!
He'll just send SHS to the podium to have her look at the press with that smirk of hers and blame the Democrats or fake press. You know that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
malchior

Post by malchior »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

That's fake news. None of those intelligence agencies found any evidence of collusion, therefore no interference occurred, therefore why isn't Hillary on trial?

Q.E.D.

And no, that doesn't make me want to start wringing necks left and right.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:56 pm This is where Trump pushes back hard, right?

FULL-THROATED DENUNCIATION!!
Or maybe just a mealy-mouthed backpedal after prompting by advisors.

And watch the video. He's doing everything he can to undercut the intelligence agencies even as he claims to support them.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It is ridiculous...in a way this is what he was saying,"I am saying I believe he believes...and I'm with my intelligence agencies but I just affirmed it in a way where the two things aren't linked...hope you didn't notice.'
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

For any who still believes Wikileaks was neutral:
Just before the stroke of midnight on September 20, 2016, at the height of last year’s presidential election, the WikiLeaks Twitter account sent a private direct message to Donald Trump Jr., the Republican nominee’s oldest son and campaign surrogate. “A PAC run anti-Trump site putintrump.org is about to launch,” WikiLeaks wrote. “The PAC is a recycled pro-Iraq war PAC. We have guessed the password. It is ‘putintrump.’ See ‘About’ for who is behind it. Any comments?” (The site, which has since become a joint project with Mother Jones, was founded by Rob Glaser, a tech entrepreneur, and was funded by Progress for USA Political Action Committee.)

The next morning, about 12 hours later, Trump Jr. responded to WikiLeaks. “Off the record I don’t know who that is, but I’ll ask around,” he wrote on September 21, 2016. “Thanks.”

The messages were turned over to Congress as part of that body’s various ongoing investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign.

“Hey Don. We have an unusual idea,” WikiLeaks wrote on October 21, 2016. “Leak us one or more of your father’s tax returns.” WikiLeaks then laid out three reasons why this would benefit both the Trumps and WikiLeaks. One, The New York Times had already published a fragment of Trump’s tax returns on October 1; two, the rest could come out any time “through the most biased source (e.g. NYT/MSNBC).”

It is the third reason, though, WikiLeaks wrote, that “is the real kicker.” “If we publish them it will dramatically improve the perception of our impartiality,” WikiLeaks explained. “That means that the vast amount of stuff that we are publishing on Clinton will have much higher impact, because it won’t be perceived as coming from a ‘pro-Trump’ ‘pro-Russia’ source.” It then provided an email address and link where the Trump campaign could send the tax returns, and adds, “The same for any other negative stuff (documents, recordings) that you think has a decent chance of coming out. Let us put it out.”
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump tweeted about the Podesta emails fifteen minutes after WikiLeaks told Don Jr to ask him to.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So this is hard evidence of Trump Jr. working with wikilinks. But is this fit collusion or just your normal shadiness?

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 pm So this is hard evidence of Trump Jr. working with wikilinks. But is this fit collusion or just your normal shadiness?

It depends how you define "collusion". If you mean collusion with the Russian government, you would also need to prove the Russia - Wikileaks connection, which probably exists but I'm not sure that there's clear proof of it yet.
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump doesn't just Believe. He put on the Ruby Slippers and tapped his heels together three times hoping for Russia to hand him the election.

"There's No Place Like Russia. There's No Place Like Russia. There's No Place Like Russia."

But now, never mind the Man Behind the Iron Curtain:

"If you were really great and powerful, you'd keep your promises!" - Dorothy
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I wonder if Mueller has access to all DMs to and from the Trump campaign yet?

Seems like they were exceptionally sloppy about what they were sending in DMs with the impression no one would ever see them. That might make for a fascinating update to the timeline that's been getting built.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kushner plum forgot to turn over documents related to a "Russian backdoor overture"! He must feel so embarrassed right now.
Black Lives Matter.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Wait.. does that mean there might now be a pee tape AND a poop tape?
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Nice
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Enough

Post by Enough »

There are Russian bots busily pushing the Franken thing on both sides. (edit, you can check twitter accounts potential troll status here). And here's one defending him likely from a Russian troll account,

https://twitter.com/Feisal_Hagi/status/ ... 4711587840

Foment, foment!
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell