The Trump foreign policy thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump foreign policy thread

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Swagger is arrogant confidence. Right word, wrong definition.

Hopefully hstory judges him for the festering pustule he is.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

No idea what it's about but " pride, humility" I'm missing the connection, is that like a humble brag? Or is he talking about to different situations?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Time, 2018
The State Department made a surprising announcement on Monday, and it had nothing to do with international affairs. The branch of the federal government had rebranded itself as “The Department of Swagger.”

The re-branding campaign started when Secretary of State Mike Pompeo launched an Instagram account on Monday, posting an inaugural photo and declaring that the State Department has “swagger.” So much “swagger” that the entire department needed to be renamed to properly reflect the amount of “swagger” shown in Pompeo’s photo. “Thought I’d launch my Instagram account with some @statedept #swagger,” the secretary of state wrote alongside an image of a new (hopefully) joke state department seal, which was also posted on Pompeo’s Twitter account.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

This is Pompeo branding his 2024 presidential run.

"Pompeo! Bring the Swagger Back!"

[barf emoji]
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

OK this is not a good sign.

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Can we just give Iran Trump and his officials? I'm not even asking anything in return.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:52 am
Rip wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:23 pm It is a little weird to see you guys jump in on my Turkey hating.

Kurds have always been good friends to us but we always take Turkey's side because they are bigger and more powerful.
Rip wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:23 pm It is a little weird to see you guys jump in on my Turkey hating.

Kurds have always been good friends to us but we always take Turkey's side because they are bigger and more powerful.
Somewhere out there, his Rip sense tingling, our old friend realizes he made a huuuuge mistake.
LOL, no regrets!

:horse:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If this truly is our long lost compatriot Rip, then he must have changed his tune and started loving Turkey like the orange one does.

But I suspect we have a bot in our midst.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:04 pm If this truly is our long lost compatriot Rip, then he must have changed his tune and started loving Turkey like the orange one does.

But I suspect we have a bot in our midst.
I would say I feel about the same way as Enes Kanter does about Turkey. :coffee:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

But the orange one you worship loves turkey, bot. Remember, he even called himself “a big fan” of Erdogan. Your programming is off. :mrgreen:
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:10 pm But the orange one you worship loves turkey, bot. Remember, he even called himself “a big fan” of Erdogan. Your programming is off. :mrgreen:

Haven't we been over this years ago? First I was for Rand Paul, then he dropped out. So I began backing Ted Cruz, then he dropped out. That left Trump instead of Clinton. Hardly makes me a big fan.
— Benjamin Rush
--
Zarathud

The Trump foreign policy thread

Post by Zarathud »

It does show your preference for The Bigger Assholes in the GOP.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:15 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:10 pm But the orange one you worship loves turkey, bot. Remember, he even called himself “a big fan” of Erdogan. Your programming is off. :mrgreen:

Haven't we been over this years ago? First I was for Rand Paul, then he dropped out. So I began backing Ted Cruz, then he dropped out. That left Trump instead of Clinton. Hardly makes me a big fan.
Rip wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm I haven't missed a day of streaming since before xmas btw.

I am every bit the beast on twitch as I have been for years here. If only there were more hours in the day I would still be hanging out here more.

But don't worry if Trump gets re-elected I will be sure to come take a victory lap for old times sake.
Took me 2 seconds to disprove that the real Rip wasn’t a big fan of Trump. Shall we gather up all the others, bot? :mrgreen:

Just out of curiosity, what made this bot choose a random post from almost 3 years ago to respond to? :?
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:23 pm
Rip wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:15 pm

Rip wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm I haven't missed a day of streaming since before xmas btw.

I am every bit the beast on twitch as I have been for years here. If only there were more hours in the day I would still be hanging out here more.

But don't worry if Trump gets re-elected I will be sure to come take a victory lap for old times sake.
Took me 2 seconds to disprove that you aren’t a big fan of Trump. Shall we gather up all the others, bot? :mrgreen:

Just out of curiosity, what made this bot choose a random post from almost 3 years ago to respond to?
A win is a win. I would prefer DeSantis this time around, but another Term for The Donald would be fine by me.

Anything to get the current pervert out, that doesn't result Kamala or Nancy slipping in.
— Benjamin Rush
--
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Lol…pervert. This bot is qanon written. :lol:

P.S. tell your programmer to look up the pervy Trump loves ivanka stuff. I swear Donny’s last name is really Targaryen.
He won. Period.