The Trump foreign policy thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: The Trump foreign policy thread

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 pm
Jaymann wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 pm He's moving into burn the Reichstag territory.
Murdering 10 million people is way beyond the Reichstag point.
It's a progression. He is only threatening mass murder at this point.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I know we're (rightly) focused on his comments about Afghanistan, but his 5G comments are just as insane (if much less violent). Responding to a question about North Korea's wireless network, he essentially takes credit for moving America to 5G.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

He does realize Afghanistan is an ally of the US right. Right?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:14 pm He's at the point where he thinks "I COULD KILL *SO* MANY MUSLIMS!!!" is what his base wants to hear.
He's not wrong, sadly. Our resident deplorables have said as much.

Even if this is just a distraction from Mueller's testimony this week (as I suspect it is), it's a horrific one. I expect that this statement will be played in an endless loop on terrorist organization recruiting videos from now until the end of time.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:42 pm He does realize Afghanistan is an ally of the US right. Right?
Check with NATO on that concept.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Oh right, Obama declared them a non-NATO ally so that's automatically null and void.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Worse...he had to be talking about Iran, right? And "just" said the wrong country...because he is a huge fucking moron.

Edit: I just watched the video - I didn't realize this was just his usual dick swinging idiotic banter at play. Not far from 'Hey if I was around when the towers fell we would have wiped out that country...easy peasy'. For pete's sake.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think the potato in his skull is starting to turn to mush.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

YellowKing wrote:He does realize Afghanistan is an ally of the US right. Right?
There's his voting base and then there's everyone else.

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Afghanistan's response: Dude...what the hell?
"The Afghan nation has not and will never allow any foreign power to determine its fate," Sediq Sediqqi, the spokesman for the President of Afghanistan, said in a statement. "Given the multifaceted relationship between Afghanistan and the United States, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan calls for clarification on the US President's statements."
Now does Trump double-down or walk it back? Tune in next week to the world's worst reality show and find out!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He's also going around telling people that India asked him to mediate discussions with Pakistan over Kashmir.

Surprise news: they didn't.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Skinypupy wrote:Afghanistan's response: Dude...what the hell?
"The Afghan nation has not and will never allow any foreign power to determine its fate," Sediq Sediqqi, the spokesman for the President of Afghanistan, said in a statement. "Given the multifaceted relationship between Afghanistan and the United States, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan calls for clarification on the US President's statements."
Now does Trump double-down or walk it back? Tune in next week to the world's worst reality show and find out!
Like the wandering butterfly that he is, the Toddler will forget he said anything and switch focus back to the traitorous House women or sleepy Joe Biden or some other shiny thing next week or even in the next hour.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:34 pm He's also going around telling people that India asked him to mediate discussions with Pakistan over Kashmir.

NBD that we have a President routinely lying about what other foreign leaders have said to him. It does have all the telltale signs of an idiotic Trump boast. It puts him in the center, it calls on his singular and amazing acumen for deal making, and it is easy to verify as false.

I find it sorta sad that being POTUS isn't enough to fill that bottomless hole in his soul. I could imagine that his hell would be simply being granted a conscience and then shown his life on a loop.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

malchior wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:07 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:34 pm He's also going around telling people that India asked him to mediate discussions with Pakistan over Kashmir.

NBD that we have a President routinely lying about what other foreign leaders have said to him. It does have all the telltale signs of an idiotic Trump boast. It puts him in the center, it calls on his singular and amazing acumen for deal making, and it is easy to verify as false.

I find it sorta sad that being POTUS isn't enough to fill that bottomless hole in his soul. I could imagine that his hell would be simply being granted a conscience and then shown his life on a loop.
Now that he's made peace with Palestine, de-nuclearized NK, and walled off Mexico, he's got to have something productive to do.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Waiting for my lunch order today, a gent walked past me wearing a Trump 2020 shirt that said "We're full/closed" or something similar.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:20 pm Waiting for my lunch order today, a gent walked past me wearing a Trump 2020 shirt that said "We're full/closed" or something similar.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Well, that was fun while it lasted.

U.S. formally withdraws from 1987 nuclear pact with Russia
The United States formally withdrew from a landmark nuclear missile pact with Russia on Friday after determining that Moscow was in violation of the treaty, something the Kremlin has repeatedly denied.

U.S. President Donald Trump made the determination that the United States would terminate adherence to the 1987 arms control accord, known as the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF), senior administration officials told reporters.

The treaty bans either side from stationing short- and intermediate-range, land-based missiles in Europe. Washington signaled its intention six months ago to pull out of the agreement if Russia made no move to adhere to it.

“The United States will not remain party to a treaty that is deliberately violated by Russia,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement about the U.S. withdrawal.

“Russia’s noncompliance under the treaty jeopardizes U.S. supreme interests as Russia’s development and fielding of a treaty-violating missile system represents a direct threat to the United States and our allies and partners,” Pompeo said.

The senior administration officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Russia had deployed “multiple battalions” of a Russian cruise missile throughout Russia in violation of the pact, including in western Russia, “with the ability to strike critical European targets.”

Russia denies the allegation, saying the missile’s range puts it outside the treaty, and has accused the United States of inventing a false pretext to exit a treaty Washington wants to leave anyway so it can develop new missiles.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They're getting everything they want. Expect them to go all-in in 2020. It works.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

A new arms race to go along with the new moon race -- the good old days are back, baby.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So.... we're great again?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Huntsman stepping down as US Ambassador to Russia, effective in October. I actually didn't even know he (or anyone, really) was even serving in that role at this point.

I actually like Huntsman quite a bit, and would certainly rather see him as Governor instead of that clown Herbert.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:40 pm Huntsman stepping down as US Ambassador to Russia, effective in October. I actually didn't even know he (or anyone, really) was even serving in that role at this point.

I actually like Huntsman quite a bit, and would certainly rather see him as Governor instead of that clown Herbert.
Yeah, that would be an upgrade, although I would also rather not have a Trump flunky as ambassador to Russia. Though I would tend to assume that Trump just sidesteps Huntsman anyway on anything too Putin-friendly, so maybe it doesn't matter that much.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I'd see that as a component - the President goes around Huntsman and has direct discussions without cover.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:40 pm I actually like Huntsman quite a bit, and would certainly rather see him as Governor instead of that clown Herbert.
I remember not hating him. I remember not hating him enough that I was willing to vote for him in 2012, which would make him the last member of the GOP I can say that about. I don't know if I was deceived at that time. The GOP sure make me feel like underestimated how soon I should I have turned my back on them without question. (I will also concede that while I wouldn't have voted for him, I not so secretly hoped Kasich was going to win primary and wouldn't have screamed murder if he won the general even if I had personally turned away)

Edit, heh, OO is my memory

http://octopusoverlords.com/forum/viewt ... 7#p1926967

Oh to set the clock back to being unhappy with Obama and company between 2008 and 2012 and fit with these glasses of rose.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

War is Boring
In a move likely to have implications for Japan, U.S. President Donald Trump claimed Wednesday that discussions have begun with South Korea to get the Asian ally to pay more for the cost of maintaining U.S. troops there.

“South Korea has agreed to pay substantially more money to the United States in order to defend itself from North Korea,” Trump wrote in a Twitter post, saying that Seoul had paid the U.S. “very little” over the “past many decades.”

“Talks have begun to further increase payments to the United States,” he wrote. “South Korea is a very wealthy nation that now feels an obligation to contribute to the military defense provided by the United States of America.”

Trump said later that he expects more money from South Korea.

“They’ve agreed to pay a lot more, and they will agree to pay a lot more than that,” he said.

The South Korean Foreign Ministry, however, said that official negotiations had yet to kick off. The two countries agreed to discuss the defense cost sharing issue “in a reasonable and fair manner” when U.S. national security adviser John Bolton visited South Korea and other Asian nations last month, the ministry said, adding that the details would be discussed at the next talks.
The Trump administration is seeking up to a fivefold increase in what Japan pays to support U.S. military forces based here, the Asahi Shimbun daily reported on July 31, citing an unnamed U.S. government source. After his stop in Japan, Bolton had a similar message when he visited South Korea, the report said.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:29 pm War is Boring
In a move likely to have implications for Japan, U.S. President Donald Trump claimed Wednesday that discussions have begun with South Korea to get the Asian ally to pay more for the cost of maintaining U.S. troops there.

“South Korea has agreed to pay substantially more money to the United States in order to defend itself from North Korea,” Trump wrote in a Twitter post, saying that Seoul had paid the U.S. “very little” over the “past many decades.”

“Talks have begun to further increase payments to the United States,” he wrote. “South Korea is a very wealthy nation that now feels an obligation to contribute to the military defense provided by the United States of America.”

Trump said later that he expects more money from South Korea.

“They’ve agreed to pay a lot more, and they will agree to pay a lot more than that,” he said.

The South Korean Foreign Ministry, however, said that official negotiations had yet to kick off. The two countries agreed to discuss the defense cost sharing issue “in a reasonable and fair manner” when U.S. national security adviser John Bolton visited South Korea and other Asian nations last month, the ministry said, adding that the details would be discussed at the next talks.
The Trump administration is seeking up to a fivefold increase in what Japan pays to support U.S. military forces based here, the Asahi Shimbun daily reported on July 31, citing an unnamed U.S. government source. After his stop in Japan, Bolton had a similar message when he visited South Korea, the report said.
This becomes clearer when you let Trump tell you himself how much Kim loves him and how the NK missile tests were only short-range and how our SK allies are just a bunch of freeloaders and how really military exercises are a big waste of time anyway.

Kim's letter was hand-delivered! They have a way to do that, and there aren't any leaks!

He doesn't give a shit about America's role in the world or about our allies or anything else. Our foreign policy is now built entirely around flattering Donald Trump.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Holman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 pm He doesn't give a shit about America's role in the world or about our allies or anything else. Our foreign policy is now built entirely around flattering Donald Trump.
And lining his pockets... can't forget about that.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kim has owned that little bitch Trump at every turn.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:31 pm Kim has owned that little bitch Trump at every turn.
Give the chubby baby man-child Western aspirational trinkets and flattery and he'll go fuck off in the corner for a while.

It also works for Kim.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Enough

Post by Enough »

I was wondering about this...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Hey, don't pay attention to that; look at this: Trump wants to buy Greenland. (Not the Onion)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I was chuckling about that too, but the article does point out that he’s not the first president to try and buy Greenland.
Covfefe!
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:13 am I was chuckling about that too, but the article does point out that he’s not the first president to try and buy Greenland.
Random fact - it was also a part of one of Canada's war plans against the USA (circa the 1910s/1920s). They theorized they might need to seize it to control northern waters and then ally with countries such as Japan/Russia/Mexico to encircle the nation. Aka the Fortress America plan.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

But then Canada decided to go with their usual attack method of sending a fruit basket and a handwritten note asking America to be nice or no more fruit baskets (with the exception of birthdays and Christmas, of course).
Covfefe!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The Tlaib visit to Israel/Palestine story has gone full on batshit.

Israel granted her an exception to go to Palestine to visit her 90-year old grandmother (after the initial, apparently Trump spurned ban on her and Omar visiting) for humanitarian reasons after Tlaib asked for one. Then, Tlaib changed her mind, and isn't going after all.

Here's the response from Israel's Interior Minister.

:shock:
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Never let a good [humanitarian] crisis go to waste.

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Careful. Any criticism of Israeli politics MAY result in folks being branded anti-Semite.
Covfefe!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

hepcat wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:13 am I was chuckling about that too, but the article does point out that he’s not the first president to try and buy Greenland.
It's not a stupid idea...if it were for sale. Trump could melt all that ice and dig for coal there. The thought that anybody would willingly deal with the Trump administration is absurd, though.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

pr0ner wrote:The Tlaib visit to Israel/Palestine story has gone full on batshit.

Israel granted her an exception to go to Palestine to visit her 90-year old grandmother (after the initial, apparently Trump spurned ban on her and Omar visiting) for humanitarian reasons after Tlaib asked for one. Then, Tlaib changed her mind, and isn't going after all.

Here's the response from Israel's Interior Minister.

:shock:
Maybe the government of Israel should have just stuck to the original plan of letting them in instead of being Donald's piss boy.

Everything the Donald touches just turns to shit.
Black lives matter!