Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1580. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Racism in America (with data)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LordMortis

Re: Racism in America (with data)

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm

I seeing reports from Cleveland, at least, that things have been quiet and protest actions have been peaceful.

Is Barr just trying to occupy Dem strongholds in swing states?
I can't speak for Cleveland and Milwaukee, but Detroit is code word for controlling black crime to the surrounding whiter suburbs and far away rural areas that associate Detroit with being both black and criminal. Otherwise you might say Wayne County or SE Michigan.

At the same time violent crime is up everywhere in Michigan, which includes Detroit. People have lost their damned minds. The amount of murder for being asked to wear a damned mask? Detroit is tying their uptick to early releases but I'm guessing desperation and fear is in the air everywhere.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 473795002/

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holman wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm
Is Barr just trying to occupy terrorist strongholds in enemy states?
FTFY.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Lotsa' Switch - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Holman

Post by Holman »

Donald Trump, because he has no understanding of larger-than-personal contexts and because he is a racist asshole, skipped John Lewis' funeral today. Numerous other eminent Americans paid their respects in beautiful ways.

Best of all was President Obama's eulogy, which was an utterly heartbreaking reminder of what it can mean when the nation's leader is intelligent, eloquent, and capable of thoughts larger than himself.

Trump, meanwhile, called a spontaneous and pointless press gaggle at the moment Obama was speaking, obviously hoping to pull the cameras away from a much better person. The networks ignored him.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Holman

Post by Holman »

In response to this eulogy, Tucker Carlson called President Obama "greasy" and "sleazy" on his show tonight.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holman wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:57 pm
In response to this eulogy, Tucker Carlson called President Obama "greasy" and "sleazy" on his show tonight.
From his perspective, a decent human being is an unknown to be feared. He can't understand what might motivate them.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Lotsa' Switch - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

Guardian
The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ammon Bundy expresses his support for BLM and the “defund the police” movement.

That’s...not what I expected, although I suppose it does fit in his general anti-government stance.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

raydude

Post by raydude »

Skinypupy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 pm

That’s...not what I expected, although I suppose it does fit in his general anti-government stance.
He didn't attend a BLM rally because dipshit was scared??! Somehow I don't buy it.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

raydude wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:39 pm
Skinypupy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 pm

He didn't attend a BLM rally because dipshit was scared??! Somehow I don't buy it.

I do.

I am surprised and impressed. I still don't agree with the Bundy occupation only slightly less than I do declaring police free zones.

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
WNBA players have escalated their opposition to Atlanta Dream co-owner, Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), by wearing shirts supporting one of her opponents in the upcoming election.

Players on the Chicago Sky, Phoenix Mercury and the Dream sported "Vote Warnock" T-shirts ahead of Tuesday night's games in the bubble at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Rev. Raphael Warnock is one of the Democrats challenging Loeffler for the Georgia Senate seat.

Last month, Loeffler sent a letter to WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert objecting to the league's planned anti-racism messages supporting "Black Lives Matter" and "Say Her Name" (a reference to the recent killing of Breonna Taylor in Louisville), and instead urged the league to put American flags on players' jerseys.
Loeffler doubled down on her stance a few days later during an interview with Laura Ingraham, telling the Fox News host that Black Lives Matter "is based on Marxist principles" that threaten to "destroy" America.

malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:11 pm
I'm sure he's tired out from all the golfing he did in NJ this weekend.

Incidentally, this weekend was the second time I've heard fighter jets scrambling over my home because of Trump being 35+ miles away golfing.
It's my weekend with the fighter jets. They've been orbiting for at least 45 minutes around New Brunswick.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So, this happened just up the street from me yesterday.

Something tells me they're about to have a 10X increase in BLM signs this week. I'll have to cruise around and count them later. :lol:
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.