Fox news conservatism on it's deathbed

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

em2nought

Fox news conservatism on it's deathbed

Post by em2nought »

I guess it's ALL going to be fake news now. bahahaha :lol: Congrats on the win. :wink:
two months
hepcat

Re: Fox news conservatism on it's deathbed

Post by hepcat »

Thanks! Our goal is to completely eradicate idiocy by 2020.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I wish sanity and American common sense could take credit for killing Fox News.

Alas, the lawyers on every side are ruling it a suicide.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Two recent experiences on Fox News:

1) A story was being run about past Presidential relationships with North Korea. They kept saying over and over how Clinton and Obama were terrible when negotiating with N.K. Deals were made. Promises broken. Clinton and Obama were constantly being duped. Etc. Etc. I kept thinking, what about the 8 years in between? What was George W. doing about N.K.? Not once did they mention Bush Jr., Bush Sr., or Reagan. You can't blatantly cherry pick the data any more than that. If you want to call yourself "Fair and Balanced" then be a real journalist and talk about how difficult it is for any President to deal with N.K.

2) Sean fucking Hannity. Damn, but this guy is painful to listen to. Literally, and I mean literally in the literal sense, I have caught this guy for brief moments on TV recently he is talking about how mean everyone is to him or how mean everyone is to Trump. No story. No news updates. All he does is complain that other media outlets are being mean to him or attacking Trump and why can't they be fair. Give Trump a chance. Don't be so biased. As if he or Fox was remotely fair and unbiased towards Obama. After going on this rant for a couple of minutes he invited Newt fucking Gingrich on in order to ask him questions like "Why is the media so mean to me?" "When did the media start attacking Trump?" And Newt has nothing better to do besides answer these dumb leading questions so he continues to be a stooge for Fox and Trump.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
tgb

Post by tgb »

Moliere wrote:Sean fucking Hannity.
Enlarge ImageImage
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Moliere wrote:Two recent experiences on Fox News:

1) A story was being run about past Presidential relationships with North Korea. They kept saying over and over how Clinton and Obama were terrible when negotiating with N.K. Deals were made. Promises broken. Clinton and Obama were constantly being duped. Etc. Etc. I kept thinking, what about the 8 years in between? What was George W. doing about N.K.? Not once did they mention Bush Jr., Bush Sr., or Reagan. You can't blatantly cherry pick the data any more than that. If you want to call yourself "Fair and Balanced" then be a real journalist and talk about how difficult it is for any President to deal with N.K.

2) Sean fucking Hannity. Damn, but this guy is painful to listen to. Literally, and I mean literally in the literal sense, I have caught this guy for brief moments on TV recently he is talking about how mean everyone is to him or how mean everyone is to Trump. No story. No news updates. All he does is complain that other media outlets are being mean to him or attacking Trump and why can't they be fair. Give Trump a chance. Don't be so biased. As if he or Fox was remotely fair and unbiased towards Obama. After going on this rant for a couple of minutes he invited Newt fucking Gingrich on in order to ask him questions like "Why is the media so mean to me?" "When did the media start attacking Trump?" And Newt has nothing better to do besides answer these dumb leading questions so he continues to be a stooge for Fox and Trump.
After my wife goes to bed and before I head to the basement to power up the XBOX, I usually watch 20 or 30 minutes of Anderson Cooper on CNN. Lately, during commercial breaks or when he's got a particularly annoying panel of talking heads, I've been switching over to take in a bit of what FOX News is offering. I really, really want to be able to hear an alternative point of view, but it's absolutely impossible with FOX. They are so much worse than I even thought they were. Without a doubt, Hannity is the worst. But have you caught "The Five"? It is unwatchable.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? šŸ˜³
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

em2nought wrote:I guess it's ALL going to be fake news now. bahahaha :lol: Congrats on the win. :wink:
I actually liked Bill O'Reilly (while in no way, shape or form endorsing his behavior) - his conservatism was actually based upon principles as compared to Hannity's which is completely based upon partisanship (for the most basic example, see the nonsensical rips on Obama for golfing and the silence on Trump's golfing).

I may not have agreed with O'Reilly, but at least he had substance and wasn't a complete hypocrite about his stances. Hannity's just a tool to spread partisan propaganda who pretty much contradicts himself on a daily basis if it serves his partisan interest.

I do tend to think the house cleaning is more about the Sky acquisition in the UK than any sort of ideological shift however (as well as the floodgates opening once Carlson was able to work around the arbitration gag orders by suing the individual executives - there is a huge element of risk management associated with what those will cost Fox going forward, and what they would have cost Fox had they not held people accountable for their behavior, now that it has been made public due to Carlson's end around).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.