President Pence

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Kraken

Re: President Pence

Post by Kraken »

I could be persuaded that Trump is Chaotic Neutral, btw, since he has never shown any consistent belief in anything except money and himself.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

So they're just going to keep pushing that Pence didn't know a thing, eh? Must be getting warmer if the VP is now publicly distancing himself...again.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote:So they're just going to keep pushing that Pence didn't know a thing, eh? Must be getting warmer if the VP is now publicly distancing himself...again.
Doing his own fundraising

http://www.newsweek.com/mike-pence-pac- ... ump-611530
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Has anyone checked the bushes that Spicer was hiding in to see if Pence is in there too? :twisted:
FTE
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Pence sees the writing on the wall. Right now he's the odds on favorite to be the 46th President of the United States, and he's going to act accordingly.
Holman

Post by Holman »

So when does the Christian Right flip to favoring impeachment as God's way to give us Pence?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Holman wrote:So when does the Christian Right flip to favoring impeachment as God's way to give us Pence?
They can't. Divorce isn't allowed for "true" Christians.
tgb

Post by tgb »

So if Pence is Sgt. Schultz would that make Drumpf Hogan or Col. Klink?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tgb wrote:So if Pence is Sgt. Schultz would that make Drumpf Hogan or Col. Klink?
Hogan wasn't a fascist.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well...Bob Crane also loved cameras and women.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote:Well...Bob Crane also loved cameras and women.
Oof. :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

This thread is only one resignation and pardon away from becoming a reality.
:pop:

Who makes a good V.P. for Pence's Presidency?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Would Pence pick his VP?

I’m thinking Ted Cruz if it looks like he might lose his senate bid. How’s that for a nightmare of epic proportions?
malchior

Post by malchior »

msteelers wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:43 pm Would Pence pick his VP?

I’m thinking Ted Cruz if it looks like he might lose his senate bid. How’s that for a nightmare of epic proportions?
Pence would pick and I believe the House/Senate must both approve it. Both are in R hands so it seems that a President Pence would get his pick. It'd be interesting if the House flipped. It'd certainly be a moderating force to say the least. There would also be an interest in taking the McConnell handbook and not approving since it'd put a D next in line for the White House.
Last edited by malchior on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Even I don't like that pair, y'all should call your dogs off Trump before you get what we really don't want. lmao :idea:
two months
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 pm
Even I don't like that pair, y'all should call your dogs off Trump before you get what we really don't want. lmao :idea:
Probably should have thought about that before you voted last time, eh?

:mrgreen:
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 pm Probably should have thought about that before you voted last time, eh?
I might have, if I realized the bureaucracy had become so infested by Obama's minions. :doh:
two months
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 pm Even I don't like that pair, y'all should call your dogs off Trump before you get what we really don't want. lmao :idea:
They aren't *our* dogs. They are America's dogs. Protecting America, literally. The latest steps in the process of taking down the shyster sitting in the white house, have been approved by upper level Republicans. If the "dogs" bother you, speak to your own party first.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Still better than what we've go now.
If Indiana can survive him then the rest of us can too.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:36 pm upper level Republicans
i.e. "the swamp" :wink:
two months
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hah. If by the American people, you mean a minority, then yeah. You replaced competent (comparatively) politicians with the kindergarten mafia.

If your goal was to drain the swamp, what you've done is swing a sledgehammer at the supports holding up America's democratic institutions.

If you're ok with that, then I consider you not just someone with an opposing political point of view, but an actual enemy of America.

If you're ok with that, well, deplorable doesn't begin to cover it.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Bible study at the White House.
The first Bible study group held for the U.S. Cabinet in at least 100 years is led by a pastor who believes homosexuality is "illegitimate," who doesn't believe women should preach and has described Catholicism as a "false" religion.

Ten members of the Cabinet, including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, sponsor the study group, which holds meetings lasting between one hour and 90 minutes every Wednesday, according to BBC News. It unfolds at a location in Washington, D.C., that is kept secret for security reasons.

Its leader is Ralph Drollinger, a pastor and president of Capitol Ministries: an organization which aims to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.”
Proof that things can get worse if Trump is kicked out?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Still not proof. I'd rather have an evangelical making bad law by the book than have a madman destroying the book, likely taking the library down with it.

The prior is easier to reverse.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Paingod wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 am
Defiant wrote:To interpret from American to British. :D
Things will go swimmingly as they agree wholeheartedly on banning certain things, until Pence realizes his counterpart was talking about cigarettes.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:10 am Still not proof. I'd rather have an evangelical making bad law by the book than have a madman destroying the book, likely taking the library down with it.

The prior is easier to reverse.
Pence is just a conservative. We’ve had conservative presidents before and we will have then again, and the Republic has and will survive. My bone to pick with Pence is how he has served as an enabler for Trump, but then, most of the Republican Party is guilty of that.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Exactly that - I will never like every President, nor will I agree with every action of the Presidents I do like. I can tolerate that as long as they stay within the limits of the system so that mistakes can be corrected later on.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Pence is worse than most evangelical conservatives. Don't fool yourself.

Better than Trump, but still bad enough that his only chance at President is riding Trump's coattails.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Politics as usual. A local commissioner was arrested for extortion here during the local races. He told the other guy he had stuff on him and to quit the race. The other guy turned him into the TBI and he is in jail now. Bunch stupid pricks..children one and all.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Pence is a spineless yes man.

Which is why Trump hired him.
He won. Period.