Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Captain Caveman

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Captain Caveman »

Pretty collusion-y.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Yeah, I think it's no accident that DOJ put this out today...
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Also, while the pee tape is still unlikely, there's more evidence supporting its existence that you might think.
I don't think it's unlikely. In fact I'm pretty sure it exists. I just don't think it's enough. Not for this kind of lapdog behavior.

Evidence that his (and his kids') empire is built on illegal financial dealings with Russians? That would do it.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everything you write these days is going to come back and bite you in the ass someday soon.

Keep it coming! :mrgreen:
I think he's banking on the bad guys winning this one.

Trouble is, Rip, man, you're not gonna like living in Soviet Russia. Like, you think *this* country has a problem with "big government"?
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

LawBeefaroni wrote:

Also, while the pee tape is still unlikely, there's more evidence supporting its existence that you might think.
I don't think it's unlikely. In fact I'm pretty sure it exists. I just don't think it's enough. Not for this kind of lapdog behavior.

Evidence that his (and his kids') empire is built on illegal financial dealings with Russians? That would do it.
Every so often you read about how investigating the family finances is crossing a "red line" for Trump. Perhaps there are certain overseas transactions that he would prefer to remain private...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Yeah, personally I couldn't care less about a pee tape, or really any of his sexual preferences, unless some kind of violence is involved. The fact that this asshole is openly and obviously selling our country out to the Russians is so much worse than sexual proclivities.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump wrote:As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018
At first you read it and think "Bullshit! He never says that, and he said the opposite today!"

Then you realize the real message is the all-caps "MY intelligence people," an implicit claim that the actual intel agencies are Deep State liars.

Fuck this scumbag. I want to see him in prison.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Reagan weeps every time a Republican defends the Evil Empire.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 pm Fuck this scumbag. I want to see him in prison.
Same but I'll take out anyway possible at this point. He is a national security threat.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The power of the vote will bring the traitor down.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 pm The power of the vote will bring the traitor down.
You have more faith in what's left of our system than I do. Everything the framers tried to protect against unfolded right before us, out in the open, and over the last 2+ years. To expect the very same system that failed to keep us from getting to this point to then somehow get us out? I'm not feeling good.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:00 pm
Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 pm The power of the vote will bring the traitor down.
You have more faith in what's left of our system than I do. Everything the framers tried to protect against unfolded right before us, out in the open, and over the last 2+ years. To expect the very same system that failed to keep us from getting to this point to then somehow get us out? I'm not feeling good.
The other problem is, if after the election suspicious irregularities or evidence of electoral foul play emerge in swing states that have a Republican governor or secretary of state, how much faith do you have that said government will actually dig into those?
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Been on a flight most of the day, and am just now catching up on things.

I should have just stayed unplugged. This is horrific.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 pm
Trump wrote:As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018
At first you read it and think "Bullshit! He never says that, and he said the opposite today!"

Then you realize the real message is the all-caps "MY intelligence people," an implicit claim that the actual intel agencies are Deep State liars.

Fuck this scumbag. I want to see him in prison.
I took the second Meaning immediately. I mean what authoritarian tyrant doesn't want his own secret police? Now what to call them. NKVD, Stasi, SD...not enough flair.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Adam Schiff wrote:Mariia Butina, a Russian national, has been charged with acting as a surreptitious Russian agent and establishing a secret back channel with the GOP through the NRA.

More likely to come on this; no wonder GOP members of HPSCI refused our request to bring her and others in.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Vote, but load up on ammo.

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Criminal defendants love to be compared to Al Capone.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My hope is Trump and Pence both die in their sleep some night and the next day the entire GOP grieve themselves to death with them. Then the DEMs all decide to retire and we start with a fresh DC.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Daehawk wrote:My hope is Trump and Pence both die in their sleep some night and the next day the entire GOP grieve themselves to death with them. Then the DEMs all decide to retire and we start with a fresh DC.
Jack Bauer becomes Prez?

I should pitch that as a tv show!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:57 am
Daehawk wrote:My hope is Trump and Pence both die in their sleep some night and the next day the entire GOP grieve themselves to death with them. Then the DEMs all decide to retire and we start with a fresh DC.
Jack Bauer becomes Prez?

The way things are going here we would be left with Devos as the last cabinet member. :(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Remus West wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 am
Jack Bauer becomes Prez?

The way things are going here we would be left with Devos as the last cabinet member. :(
Well the Ed secretary did alright in Battlestar Galactica. Though I never watched the last season. How’d it turn out?
raydude

Post by raydude »

Fitzy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 pm
Remus West wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 am
Jack Bauer becomes Prez?

Well the Ed secretary did alright in Battlestar Galactica. Though I never watched the last season. How’d it turn out?
In our version of BattleStar Galactica, when Devos becomes acting President we will all wish we were Cylons.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model
President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

In case you're wondering why Hair Furor is flailing about more than usual tonight, the FBI released the Carter Page FISA application today. It mostly confirms what we already know/suspected (that Page was a Russian stooge), and you know that makes Lil' Donnie throw a tantrum.

The Rigged Witch Hunt, headed by the 13 Angry Democrats (and now 4 more have been added, one who worked directly for Obama W.H.), seems intent on damaging the Republican Party’s chances in the November Election. This Democrat excuse for losing the ‘16 Election never ends!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump wrote:Congratulations to @JudicialWatch and @TomFitton on being successful in getting the Carter Page FISA documents. As usual they are ridiculously heavily redacted but confirm with little doubt that the Department of “Justice” and FBI misled the courts. Witch Hunt Rigged, a Scam!

1) Conservative grifters "JudicialWatch" had nothing to do with getting the docs released.

2) The docs confirm that the DOJ/FBI did not mislead the courts. The information Nunes and company claim was withheld from the courts is presented in these docs in black and white.

3) President throwing scare quotes around "Justice" here is creepy as hell.
Captain Caveman

Trump counts on the media to relay his tweets without noting he’s just making shit up that any cursory examination of the underlying documents would debunk. But he realizes few read these things (including him) and his voice is usually just amplified uncritically. So even though these documents show how pathetically mendacious these claims are, they still fuel his victimization narrative and get the media on to more comfortable ground for him.

Edit: See?

Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump wrote:So President Obama knew about Russia before the Election. Why didn’t he do something about it? Why didn’t he tell our campaign? Because it is all a big hoax, that’s why, and he thought Crooked Hillary was going to win!!!
Sooooo I guess actually agreeing with the IC and advisers and really meaning to say "wouldn't" in Helsinki just kind of wore off?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

“Obama didn’t do anything to stop me from committing the crimes I committed, which I didn’t commit, because they never happened. But even though there were no crimes, the crimes are Obama’s fault, for not stopping me from not committing them.”
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Winner.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Defiant wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:52 am Surprise!

Mueller Reveals Russia Investigation Just Elaborate Sting To Nail Clinton Child Sex-Slavery Ring
Spoiler:
From the Onion, of course
Man, the onion must be getting lazy, coping headlines straight from Infowars.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:31 pm “Obama didn’t do anything to stop me from committing the crimes I committed, which I didn’t commit, because they never happened. But even though there were no crimes, the crimes are Obama’s fault, for not stopping me from not committing them.”
I think the contention is Obama didn't know about Russia before the election, there was no Russia before the election, but Obama used Russia a pretext to spy on his campaign.

Only that contention is still completely flipfloppy on the multiple personalities of There was no Interference, There was Interference but it doesn't matter, There was interference but it failed "lock her up", No collusion, Putin like me least because I am tough on Russia, Putin and I need to be friends behind closed doors because diplomacy, All they talked about was adoptions, I'm considering handing over the US diplomat most strongly related to the Magnitsky sanctions so we can fly to Russia and have the FBI interview 12 Russians with government ties indicted by the FBI.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

You know, when you have nothing to hide it's very easy to keep your story straight.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:51 pm You know, when you have nothing to hide it's very easy to keep your story straight.
Yeah that's the whole thing in a nutshell isn't it?

But we all know his minions only need the story of 'everything is made up by a liberal, biased media that hates trump' to keep soldiering on. Not sure anything will ever break through that.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Hate being 'that guy' that follows his own post with another post, but this looks like breaking news(at least it was on the replay of the Rachel Maddow show I listened to on the way home...which really makes it old news :doh: )

Cohen says daddy did know about that meeting after all Everyone who is surprised raise your hand.

Really hard to even begin with how/why this matters, but I think it's interesting that Giuliani is now calling Cohen 'a liar' who has 'been lying for years'. Just kind of makes my head explode
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm not going to link examples, but we're already at "Russia collusion is fine because Christopher Steele is a UK citizen."

I have no words.
Captain Caveman

We have arrived at the inevitable.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

We are inching away from any kind of accountability so slowly that we won't notice the moment it disappears altogether.

"The hacking is the crime. The President didn't hack." So in this world, murder for hire isn't a crime?

MYT