The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Paingod wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:35 pmIs Fox News not mainstream media? Their viewership is consistently in the top 3 for the past couple years as far as I can tell. That's about as mainstream as it gets.
Jerry Springer had millions of viewers. Didn't make it good TV.
Right, mainstream ≠ good, necessarily. No one was implying or stating otherwise.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Oh, I know. I was just venting and saying that I see Fox News as being on the same playing field as Springer. It's hardly "news" anymore.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"Mainstream Media" was always a pejorative term--it came into vogue during the 90s as right-wing talk-radio (and later Fox News) cast itself as the only real truth teller in a world of lies and sheeple.

Walter Cronkite would never have described himself as part of the "mainstream media" as opposed to something else, because the something else was understood to be unworthy of the term "media" at all.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Today, though, it could mean getting our information from Youtube, for example. It doesn't have to be pejorative. He absolutely means it to be, but there are many things that could be considered out of the mainstream that are still useful for news.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Bottom line: Dear rightwingers, please adjust your media insult "MSM" for modern times, considering that Fox News is now very much mainstream. A couple of suggestions:

NSM: Non-State media
MFS: Media for Sheeple (alternate: "Snowflakes")
MBJ: Media by Jews (this one should really be popular among the Trump faithful)
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am Bottom line: Dear rightwingers, please adjust your media insult "MSM" for modern times, considering that Fox News is now very much mainstream. A couple of suggestions:

NSM: Non-State media
MFS: Media for Sheeple
MBJ: Media by Jews (this one should really be popular among the Trump faithful)
They're way ahead of you. They went with "FAKE NEWS."
Holman

Post by Holman »

OMG he's tripling down!

There is not enough cocaine in LA to explain this behavior. He must believe that he'll be among the TrumpPardoned and named a Hero of the People.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That thread is hilarious.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Tell me this guy won't turn the moment the FBI knocks on his door.

My only regret is that it seems he's in this alone.

Or is he? Let's watch.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
milo

Post by milo »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am My only regret is that it seems he's in this alone.

Or is he? Let's watch.
Twist ending: His mom is "Q".
--milo
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Mr. Fed continues to dunk on Jacob Wohl:

Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

She's right to be fearful. In this case it's about being viewed as part of a conspiracy, but it's still fear that would make any sane person run away. Or to the feds to make the best deal you possibly could before the other actors get a chance.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Thread about the Wohl/Burkman "press conference" regarding their salacious Muller bombshell.

Their witness was a no show, of course, as alluded to above.

Hodor.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Why is this bs even in the news or being discussed? Some kid who lives in his mom's basement throws out a lie and is now a national headline? God, we will never learn I guess.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:58 pm Why is this bs even in the news or being discussed? Some kid who lives in his mom's basement throws out a lie and is now a national headline? God, we will never learn I guess.
"Throws out a lie" is a gross understatement of what's going on here.
Hodor.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Jack's zipper was down for the whole presser lol and not a fan of Claude but this is definitely damn funny,

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/sta ... 2283971584
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Enough

Post by Enough »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:58 pm Why is this bs even in the news or being discussed? Some kid who lives in his mom's basement throws out a lie and is now a national headline? God, we will never learn I guess.
I think Fed speaks for a lot of us,

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I think my favorite part is Wohl claiming there was a "Bussed in MOB"...with a picture of a city bus that literally stops there every day. :lol:

The self-ownage by these two clowns is hilarious.

Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:25 pm I think my favorite part is Wohl claiming there was a "Bussed in MOB"...with a picture of a city bus that literally stops there every day. :lol:

Maybe Trump counted the crowd for him
Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:25 pm I think my favorite part is Wohl claiming there was a "Bussed in MOB"...with a picture of a city bus that literally stops there every day. :lol:

Someone brought a large goofy inflatable rat with a Trump wig mounted in the bed of a pickup, and Wohl posted a picture with the caption "Antifa is here."

The angle of the shot was from below so that followers couldn't see that the parking lot was completely empty of people (as another pic showed).

Also:
Enough wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:12 pm Jack's zipper was down for the whole presser lol
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'm sold. The guy at the podium is obviously from a 1990s vision of 2058. That's far out, man.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Wohl is clearly a democratic operative creating plausible deniability for when the real Mueller accusers come forward.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I'm no lawyer but this legal beagle seems to make a persuasive case that Mueller had indeed already subpoenaed the President, and Trump has already lost the first round:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... mp-222060
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm not keen on speculative analysis, but if this were true, I find it hard to believe that Drumpf could keep quiet about it, or that it wouldn't leak out of his leaky sponge of an administration.

In any case, we'll know when we know, I guess.
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:47 am I'm not keen on speculative analysis, but if this were true, I find it hard to believe that Drumpf could keep quiet about it, or that it wouldn't leak out of his leaky sponge of an administration.

In any case, we'll know when we know, I guess.
He tweeted out a shouty FAKE NEWS denial, but it didn't make a splash in the diarrheal froth of this week's official racism.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:clap:
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Had to laugh at this reply:

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 am Mr. Fed continues to dunk on Jacob Wohl:

I can't find the article now, but apparently internet sleuths have discovered the identity of the greyed out "victim" of the Mueller attack who suddenly feared for her life. Predictably, it's his girlfriend.

And the picture was taken months ago at a completely different airport. :lol:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 am Tweet
Tweet gone.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Stupid Watergate continues
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:46 am
Tweet gone.
At first I thought it was a lot of work for people to quote the tweet text below the embedded tweet and more than was necessary, even for those who can't get tweets to load.

Having missed this tweet, I'm more appreciative of it.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:44 pm Stupid Watergate continues
Please, don't insult a good scandal like Watergate. Just call this Stupidgate.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Grifman wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:34 am I'm no lawyer but this legal beagle seems to make a persuasive case that Mueller had indeed already subpoenaed the President, and Trump has already lost the first round:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... mp-222060
I saw that the other day too, as well as this rebuttal:
CNN legal analyst and attorney Ross Garber was one of the first to push back on the story, saying that he’d already independently confirmed that the idea that Trump is “litigating a subpoena with Mueller is bogus.”

The Politico story suggesting the President is litigating a subpoena with Mueller is bogus. Jay Sekulow, one of the President’s lawyers, denied it. I have separately confirmed it.

— Ross Garber ⚖️ (@rossgarber) October 31, 2018

Garber said in no uncertain terms that the Politico story is “wrong,” adding that Jay Sekulow “was not dissembling when he denied it.”

To be clear, the Politico story about the President litigating a subpoena with Mueller is wrong. I have separately confirmed that, contrary to the suggestion in the story, Jay Sekulow was not dissembling when he denied it.

— Ross Garber ⚖️ (@rossgarber) October 31, 2018

Law&Crime followed up with Garber and he said, “I think it is silly – and irresponsible – to publish a story based on wild, unsupported speculation when sources with actual knowledge have debunked it.”

Daniel S. Goldman, a former federal prosecutor and current legal analyst for NBC News and MSNBC, told Law&Crime that while “bogus is a strong word,” he remains “skeptical” of the analysis. Instead, Goldman suggested, the unknown witness might be former White House counsel Don McGahn or someone else in the White House counsel’s office.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Garber said in no uncertain terms that the Politico story is “wrong,” adding that Jay Sekulow “was not dissembling when he denied it.”
So we're taking Drumpf flunkies at their word now? If Sekulow is the only source of that denial he's willing to name, I'm not convinced.
Holman

Post by Holman »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:21 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:46 am
Tweet gone.
At first I thought it was a lot of work for people to quote the tweet text below the embedded tweet and more than was necessary, even for those who can't get tweets to load.

Having missed this tweet, I'm more appreciative of it.
It was impossible to quote because it was side by side photos showing that Wohl's face-covered shot with "Mueller's accuser" is indeed just an older pic of Wohl and his girlfriend.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:54 am Sorry if this has already been posted, but Republicans are circulating a list of stuff that Democrats will likely investigate if they take at least one chamber of Congress this fall. It's all stuff that they should be investigating, including Trump's taxes, Trump's conflicts of interest, emoluments clause issues, the Puerto Rico hurricane response, and general corruption.

The best/worst part is that they think that this is a reason why people should want to keep Republicans in power.
Emoluments case still moving forward in DC (and possibly expanding):
U.S. District Judge Peter J. Messitte in Greenbelt, Md., denied the Justice Department’s request that he pause the case in order to allow a higher court to intervene. And he sharply questioned the president’s position that his business does not improperly accept gifts or payments — called emoluments — as defined by the Constitution.

By Trump’s analysis, Messitte wrote, the term emoluments is the subject of such “substantial grounds of disagreement” that payments his business received from foreign governments could not qualify. The judge did not agree: “The Court finds this a dubious proposition.”

Messitte ordered the plaintiffs, the attorneys general for D.C. and Maryland, to submit a schedule for discovery — the process of producing evidence for the case — within 20 days.That decision is subject to appeal.

The judge previously limited discovery to information related to the president’s D.C. hotel.

A spokeswoman for the Justice Department did not immediately return a request for comment.

This is the second civil case in which Trump’s business is now subject to discovery, after Trump agreed Tuesday to produce portions of his calendar from 2007 and 2008 in a defamation lawsuit brought by former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If you had 8:04 am this morning, collect your prize:

If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!
And later:

According to NBC News, Voters Nationwide Disapprove of the so-called Mueller Investigation (46%) more than they Approve (41%). You mean they are finally beginning to understand what a disgusting Witch Hunt, led by 17 Angry Democrats, is all about!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

But I thought they were Fake News ;)