The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by hepcat »

I started a GoFundMe page. Just google “Urine the Money”.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:26 pm I started a GoFundMe page. Just google “Urine the Money”.
Report: Trump Hung Out In 2013 With Russians At A ‘Lewd’ Vegas Club That Simulated Golden Showers.

FYI.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

How do you simulate urinating?
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Onterrio Smith could tell you.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I really despise the word "lewd" for some reason. Both its meaning and its sound.

Carry on.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I have the same issue with the word trump.
Covfefe!
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

On the highway today, I saw a dump truck with a giant Trump sticker on it. I thought that was pretty apt metaphor.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Mueller's obstruction case is nearly complete, but don't expect to hear the results anytime soon.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether President Donald Trump obstructed justice is said to be close to completion, but he may set it aside while he finishes other key parts of his probe, such as possible collusion and the hacking of Democrats, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Any clear outcome of the obstruction inquiry could be used against Mueller: Filing charges against Trump or his family could prompt the president to take action to fire him. Publicly clearing Trump of obstruction charges -- as the president’s lawyers have requested -- could be used by his allies to build pressure for the broader investigation to be shut down.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Chaz wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 am On the highway today, I saw a dump truck with a giant Trump sticker on it. I thought that was pretty apt metaphor.
Was it on fire?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:I started a GoFundMe page. Just google “Urine the Money”.
A whole new meaning for revenue stream...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

$iljanus wrote:
hepcat wrote:I started a GoFundMe page. Just google “Urine the Money”.
A whole new meaning for revenue stream...
Hopefully they don't just piss it all away...
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman

Post by Holman »

The GOP majority has suddenly shut down the Russia investigation in the House.

link

This is being done without even the pretense of clearing up the issues, even issues unconnected to the Trump campaign, that still threaten this year's coming elections.

It's truly shocking. There's no clearer example of putting party over country.

Every Republican should be ashamed.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

POTUS wrote:THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
"In-depth."

Excuse me, "IN-DEPTH."
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

YELLING
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Holman

Post by Holman »

There were headlines this morning that Muelleris nearly done with the obstruction component of his investigation but that he will hold off on presenting findings (or charges) until other aspects of the Russia probe are complete.

This move in the House seems like a response to that and to the presumption that obstruction charges are likely forthcoming. Closing the books on the House Intel Committee's investigation offers an obvious justification for firing Mueller.

I am sick to my stomach at this.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

But the Senate Intel investigation is still going, and doing it in a bipartisan manner, right? If Trump decided to try and shut down the Muller investigation based on the House investigation being closed by the GOP, that'd be...a bold move.

Which means it's got a decent chance of being the next step.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Where Do I March?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The House investigation was always a charade anyway. At least they didn't end up charging Hillary. Your tax dollars at work!
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Rooney is publicly disagreeing with his colleagues at least:
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37804 ... ed-to-help
Rep. Tom Rooney (R-Fla.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said on Monday that "there is evidence" showing the Russians attempted to help Trump during the 2016 presidential election, contradicting a draft report from the panel.

“I certainly think there is evidence of that. I don’t know that necessarily there was a full-fledged campaign to do everything that they could to help elect Donald Trump,” Rooney told host Erin Burnett on CNN's "OutFront." “I think that their goal was chaos.”
And in what is I'm sure a complete coincidence, Rooney is not running for re-election.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Holman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm This move in the House seems like a response to that and to the presumption that obstruction charges are likely forthcoming. Closing the books on the House Intel Committee's investigation offers an obvious justification for firing Mueller.
On what basis? These investigations have always been independent and not tied to one another. Just because one is done doesn't mean the other should be finished. Mueller's is a criminal investigation, totally different from the House/Senate investigations. I don't see it being an "obvious" justification by any means - otherwise, why have separate investigations?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:09 pm
POTUS wrote:THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
"In-depth."

Excuse me, "IN-DEPTH."
Obviously, it's just a simple typo for UN-DEPTH. Nothing to see. Move along.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Grifman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:50 pm why have separate investigations?
Exactly what Trump is thinking.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm It's truly shocking. There's no clearer example of putting party over country.

Moreover we have to start wondering what the hell is going on with the GOP in general. This isn't just party over country. They are completely abandoning their literal purpose to defend the Constitution of the United States. We knew there was a deep, deep disease in the GOP but now we have evidence the sickness may be terminal. How do they come back from this?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 pm
Holman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm It's truly shocking. There's no clearer example of putting party over country.

Moreover we have to start wondering what the hell is going on with the GOP in general. This isn't just party over country. They are completely abandoning their literal purpose to defend the Constitution of the United States. We knew there was a deep, deep disease in the GOP but now we have evidence the sickness may be terminal. How do they come back from this?
You're worrying about the ax-murderer's future career prospects as he's hacking you to pieces? I'm impressed!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Grifman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:50 pm
Holman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm This move in the House seems like a response to that and to the presumption that obstruction charges are likely forthcoming. Closing the books on the House Intel Committee's investigation offers an obvious justification for firing Mueller.
On what basis? These investigations have always been independent and not tied to one another. Just because one is done doesn't mean the other should be finished. Mueller's is a criminal investigation, totally different from the House/Senate investigations. I don't see it being an "obvious" justification by any means - otherwise, why have separate investigations?
You don't think Nunes and co are doing this to undermine the Mueller probe and that their "conclusion" here is meant to make it seem unnecessary?
malchior

Post by malchior »

They might try but the House probe lacks credibility now. They are the last group I think will be able to successfully undermine Mueller. They are all under investigation by the Ethics Committee including the entirety of the Republican staff. They are stooges and like the rest completely incompetent. In retrospect, this thing was over as soon as Nunes dropped that idiotic memo. It just took awhile for them to realize they had wrung out all the political usage and run the clock out as much as they could.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

How are the likes of Sanders and Nunes not being photoshopped into Iraqi defense minister pictures?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Meanwhile the Post has confirmed that Roger Stone knew about the hacked Podesta e-mails in advance. Obviously that doesn't prove that Trump himself knew in advance BUT if one was a betting man...
Black Lives Matter.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Guess it will be Roger Stone's time in the barrel soon.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Sepiche wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 pm Rooney is publicly disagreeing with his colleagues at least:
Rep. Tom Rooney (R-Fla.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said on Monday that "there is evidence" showing the Russians attempted to help Trump during the 2016 presidential election, contradicting a draft report from the panel.

“I certainly think there is evidence of that. I don’t know that necessarily there was a full-fledged campaign to do everything that they could to help elect Donald Trump,” Rooney told host Erin Burnett on CNN's "OutFront." “I think that their goal was chaos.”
And in what is I'm sure a complete coincidence, Rooney is not running for re-election.
Another Republican on the committee disagrees with the conclusion
Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina said that the evidence gathered by the committee clearly showed Russia's disdain for Trump's rival, Hillary Clinton, and was "motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed."

A source familiar with Gowdy's thinking said the congressman believes there's no difference between opposing Clinton and backing Trump in what had become, effectively, a two-person race. The source added that Gowdy "disagrees with the conclusion" that the intelligence agencies got it wrong.
Gowdy, also, is not up for reelection
Formix

Post by Formix »

Let's not forget, the GOP was supposedly hacked as well. Not to mention that any Nunes (or others) laptops, e-mails, texts, etc. could've been hacked. My running hypothesis is that these guys are not choosing party over country, it's that they've been Kompromat-ed.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Formix wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 am Let's not forget, the GOP was supposedly hacked as well. Not to mention that any Nunes (or others) laptops, e-mails, texts, etc. could've been hacked. My running hypothesis is that these guys are not choosing party over country, it's that they've been Kompromat-ed.
They didn't hack the RNC, they tried and failed. They were only able to hack some old domains and individual Republicans.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... blican-na/
Trump said the Russians "tried to hack the Republican National Committee, and they were unable to break through."

While Russians were able to get into the email accounts of some Republican individuals and state-level Republican organizations, they did not break into the Republican National Committee’s current system, according to the director of the FBI.

Russians did access email domains associated with the RNC that were no longer in use, but the information was outdated and wasn’t released. Additionally, it’s not completely clear why hackers were unable to get into the current RNC.

The gist of Trump’s claim is correct, but it’s important to keep in mind that Russian hackers did access some Republican data, including the outdated RNC account. So we rate his claim Mostly True.
While the DNC had bad actors actually maintain their computers and let them have access to the entire shebang. Then did everything they could to obstruct the perpetrators being brought to justice.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminit ... 76d42e4414
In a plot Tom Clancy might have dreamed up, an IT staffer who’d worked for Democrats in Congress was arrested by federal officials and charged with bank fraud. Fox News has reported that officers and agents from the U.S. Capitol Police, the FBI and Customs and Border Protection, were involved in the arrest of Imran Awan at Dulles International Airport not far from Washington, D.C., as he tried to fly away to Pakistan.

Awan has pleaded not guilty to bank fraud, but his strange case has all the feeling of the opening scene of a movie that might soon include political corruption and so much more.

Democrats are being understandably quiet about the hill staffer who had been employed by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) as of Tuesday morning, but has now reportedly been fired. Politico has reported that Awan is “at the center of a criminal investigation potentially impacting dozens of lawmakers.” Awan was arrested after wiring $283,000 from the Congressional Federal Credit Union to Pakistan, says The Daily Caller.

Now RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel has gone on FOX Business to demand that Democrats explain what this is all about.

McDaniel said, “We have to get to the bottom of this, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz has obstructed at every level on something that affects potentially our national security. So to have this gentlemen try and leave the country yesterday, and now we know there is bank fraud and we know he destroyed these hard drives, when you read story about the Marine that found them in the apartment he was trying to rent. I mean, it is a long story but something we have to get to the bottom of. We are not hearing the Democrats talk about it at all. Where's Debbie Wasserman Schultz? And we also need to know why the DNC never turned over their hard drive to the FBI to review it as to their hacking situation. So the Democrats are on TV and they're grandstanding every chance they get, but they're not complying and they're not being forthright with their role."
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

If the RNC was not hacked, it doesn't mean all GOP accounts or assets were not hacked. RNC is just one organization. Formix's point is that individuals could easily be compromised. The RNC being safe or not really doesn't matter.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Defiant wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 pm
Sepiche wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 pm Rooney is publicly disagreeing with his colleagues at least:

Another Republican on the committee disagrees with the conclusion
Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina said that the evidence gathered by the committee clearly showed Russia's disdain for Trump's rival, Hillary Clinton, and was "motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed."

A source familiar with Gowdy's thinking said the congressman believes there's no difference between opposing Clinton and backing Trump in what had become, effectively, a two-person race. The source added that Gowdy "disagrees with the conclusion" that the intelligence agencies got it wrong.
Gowdy, also, is not up for reelection
OK, so if Rooney, Gowdy and the Democrats all believe the report is false, how in the heck did it get released? Doesn't there have to at least be a majority on the Committee to vote for release?

Something stinks here... and for once it isn't Nunes...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:57 pm OK, so if Rooney, Gowdy and the Democrats all believe the report is false, how in the heck did it get released? Doesn't there have to at least be a majority on the Committee to vote for release?

My understanding is Gowdy and Rooney voted to release the report, they've just been publicly disagreeing with some of the findings.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Sepiche wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:57 pm OK, so if Rooney, Gowdy and the Democrats all believe the report is false, how in the heck did it get released? Doesn't there have to at least be a majority on the Committee to vote for release?

My understanding is Gowdy and Rooney voted to release the report, they've just been publicly disagreeing with some of the findings.
Cowards.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It is strange because it was an integrity vote in a way. They wanted the committee to disband as it has been a leak machine and a propaganda device for Nunes and Trump. Once the memo flopped the credibility of the committee was completely shot. They hadn't done any real meaningful work in weeks on top. So the disband sounds bad but it wasn't doing anything productive either. Ending the sham and dumping out a crap report was just the final (expected) output of a compromised process.