The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 pm Politico
The attorney, Kevin Downing, didn’t specify what the problem was in open court but a source familiar with the situation later explained the longtime GOP operative who has been confined since mid-June is dealing with an issue related to his diet and has inflammation in his foot.
The scourge of bone spurs. FIND THE CURE!!1!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:31 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 pm Politico
The attorney, Kevin Downing, didn’t specify what the problem was in open court but a source familiar with the situation later explained the longtime GOP operative who has been confined since mid-June is dealing with an issue related to his diet and has inflammation in his foot.
The scourge of bone spurs. FIND THE CURE!!1!
Probably the rich man's disease.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Reports were circulating a day or two ago that Mueller will release the results of his investigation shortly after the midterms. Speculation about what form they would take was all over the map. Ah, here's one: Mueller report PSA: Prepare for disappointment.
President Donald Trump's critics have spent the past 17 months anticipating what some expect will be among the most thrilling events of their lives: special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report on Russian 2016 election interference.

They may be in for a disappointment.

That’s the word POLITICO got from defense lawyers working on the Russia probe and more than 15 former government officials with investigation experience spanning Watergate to the 2016 election case. The public, they say, shouldn’t expect a comprehensive and presidency-wrecking account of Kremlin meddling and alleged obstruction of justice by Trump — not to mention an explanation of the myriad subplots that have bedeviled lawmakers, journalists and amateur Mueller sleuths.

Perhaps most unsatisfying: Mueller’s findings may never even see the light of day.
We might need to investigate the investigation.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kraken wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:41 pm Reports were circulating a day or two ago that Mueller will release the results of his investigation shortly after the midterms. Speculation about what form they would take was all over the map. Ah, here's one: Mueller report PSA: Prepare for disappointment.
President Donald Trump's critics have spent the past 17 months anticipating what some expect will be among the most thrilling events of their lives: special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report on Russian 2016 election interference.

They may be in for a disappointment.

That’s the word POLITICO got from defense lawyers working on the Russia probe and more than 15 former government officials with investigation experience spanning Watergate to the 2016 election case. The public, they say, shouldn’t expect a comprehensive and presidency-wrecking account of Kremlin meddling and alleged obstruction of justice by Trump — not to mention an explanation of the myriad subplots that have bedeviled lawmakers, journalists and amateur Mueller sleuths.

Perhaps most unsatisfying: Mueller’s findings may never even see the light of day.
We might need to investigate the investigation.
I think somehow, some way the investigation was corrupted. Maybe someone got to Muller, or there was some sort of back room deal.

I honestly believe Occupy Wall Street was the last gasp of peaceful protest in this country. The only way we will see real lasting change now is through either the threat of, or actual widespread violence aimed at the 1%.

But I am an eternal pessimist.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yes you are, but you may not be wrong (I think you are, for now).

However, this read from 2014 (!) still echoes loudly (even more loudly than then):
You probably don’t know me, but like you I am one of those .01%ers, a proud and unapologetic capitalist...

...let’s speak frankly to each other. I’m not the smartest guy you’ve ever met, or the hardest-working. I was a mediocre student. I’m not technical at all—I can’t write a word of code. What sets me apart, I think, is a tolerance for risk and an intuition about what will happen in the future. Seeing where things are headed is the essence of entrepreneurship. And what do I see in our future now?

I see pitchforks.

At the same time that people like you and me are thriving beyond the dreams of any plutocrats in history, the rest of the country—the 99.99 percent—is lagging far behind. The divide between the haves and have-nots is getting worse really, really fast. In 1980, the top 1 percent controlled about 8 percent of U.S. national income. The bottom 50 percent shared about 18 percent. Today the top 1 percent share about 20 percent; the bottom 50 percent, just 12 percent.

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy. The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've said all along that I will accept Mueller's findings whether I agree with them or not, and I don't see any reason to change my mind about that. But they do have to tell me what they are. I own a pitchfork and I'm not afraid to wave it around in a menacing fashion.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:43 pm Yes you are, but you may not be wrong (I think you are, for now).

However, this read from 2014 (!) still echoes loudly (even more loudly than then):
You probably don’t know me, but like you I am one of those .01%ers, a proud and unapologetic capitalist...

...let’s speak frankly to each other. I’m not the smartest guy you’ve ever met, or the hardest-working. I was a mediocre student. I’m not technical at all—I can’t write a word of code. What sets me apart, I think, is a tolerance for risk and an intuition about what will happen in the future. Seeing where things are headed is the essence of entrepreneurship. And what do I see in our future now?

I see pitchforks.

At the same time that people like you and me are thriving beyond the dreams of any plutocrats in history, the rest of the country—the 99.99 percent—is lagging far behind. The divide between the haves and have-nots is getting worse really, really fast. In 1980, the top 1 percent controlled about 8 percent of U.S. national income. The bottom 50 percent shared about 18 percent. Today the top 1 percent share about 20 percent; the bottom 50 percent, just 12 percent.

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy. The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.
I really hope I am. Because I am now too infirm to effectively use a rifle. For years I had hoped to see the shit hit the fan while I was still young and vital. I'm 36 now, and had two shoulder surgeries on my left shoulder. I'm going to be damn near worthless when the *snicker* proletariat revolution finally arrives.

Oh well.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:12 pm I've said all along that I will accept Mueller's findings whether I agree with them or not, and I don't see any reason to change my mind about that. But they do have to tell me what they are. I own a pitchfork and I'm not afraid to wave it around in a menacing fashion.
+1
When that article was originally posted someone else posted and an article in close proximity where I learned the expression "Everything is fine until it's not." When I was younger it felt like everything was going to the dogs, but the journey was still happening. Now it feels the dogs have been fed and we're one trigger from "until it's not."
Last edited by LordMortis on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I do think your area is less likely to be anything resembling an epicenter, FWIW. If/when the pitchforks come out, I'm expecting them to be more focused in other epicenters, and starting on College Campuses again (like in the 60's). To a degree, it has already started with the harassment of McConnell and others pushing the policies making this worse, IMHO.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I overheard two Trump supporters at work the other day cackling about how the LIBRULZ could never defeat them because "we have all the bullets." Howling with laughter. It made me want to shove a knife through their eye socket.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:50 pm I overheard two Trump supporters at work the other day cackling about how the LIBRULZ could never defeat them because "we have all the bullets." Howling with laughter. It made me want to shove a knife through their eye socket.
Wife has never fired a gun in her life, but for the past few weeks she's been talking darkly about the coming revolution. Today I comparison shopped local firearms training courses. The best price would be $350 for the two of us to get certified -- that's four hours of one-on-one (well, one-on-two in this case) classroom and live-fire instruction. After that, we could apply for a license to carry for $100 each. Then, if the local police chief approves, we could buy a couple of handguns. Probably looking at close to $1,000 altogether, but I'm thinking strongly about taking at least the first step.

When the chief asks us why we want licenses, I must remember to say "for target practice and home defense" and not say against whom.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Guess Im kinda lucky if I want to carry a gun I just do. If I had a good one.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kraken wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 pm
YellowKing wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:50 pm I overheard two Trump supporters at work the other day cackling about how the LIBRULZ could never defeat them because "we have all the bullets." Howling with laughter. It made me want to shove a knife through their eye socket.
Wife has never fired a gun in her life, but for the past few weeks she's been talking darkly about the coming revolution. Today I comparison shopped local firearms training courses. The best price would be $350 for the two of us to get certified -- that's four hours of one-on-one (well, one-on-two in this case) classroom and live-fire instruction. After that, we could apply for a license to carry for $100 each. Then, if the local police chief approves, we could buy a couple of handguns. Probably looking at close to $1,000 altogether, but I'm thinking strongly about taking at least the first step.

When the chief asks us why we want licenses, I must remember to say "for target practice and home defense" and not say against whom.
Buying guns for a revolution is stupid. Odds of successfully taking on the U.S. military with various small arms is close to zero, and either way you would wind up devastating the local area (both economically and physically).

If you're going to overthrow tyranny, it's going to have to be nonviolently. I'd buy stuff more like gas masks and survival supplies. Invest in a VPN and other data security. Other stuff like that.
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Guns and ammo are survival supplies. I'd be more worried about my fellow citizens taking advantage of any lawlessness than about taking on the military head to head.

In any case, I think you're overreacting. But who knows. Better to be safe than sorry. Well, better to be prepared than sorry. I'm pretty sure that safe isn't the right word for gun ownership.

The idea that conservatives have all the guns and ammo and that liberals have none is just another absurd stereotype. Is it probable that more conservatives own guns than liberals? Maybe. Before I started looking at that stat however I'd be more interested in knowing how many of either political persuasion don't own a gun at all.

Again, I think all of this is simply an intellectual exercise, but people have to do what they feel is best for themselves. Have at it.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 am

Buying guns for a revolution is stupid. Odds of successfully taking on the U.S. military with various small arms is close to zero, and either way you would wind up devastating the local area (both economically and physically).

If you're going to overthrow tyranny, it's going to have to be nonviolently. I'd buy stuff more like gas masks and survival supplies. Invest in a VPN and other data security. Other stuff like that.
I have no plans to storm the castle. I'm more worried about the guy down the street with all the Trump signs. If shit breaks loose it's going to be neighbor-against-neighbor.

I already own a couple of long guns that I inherited from my dad, but IDK if I can legally have them or buy ammunition for them. I'd like to teach Wife to shoot them. Getting licensed would probably be prudent.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I am 1/2 mile from the nearest police station. Not worried about armed revolution until young people actually get off their ass to vote, and still lose.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

No exaggeration: that we're even darkly speculating about this makes Vladimir Putin the greatest cold warrior of all time.

Well-played, Comrade Colonel. Well-played.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Zarathud wrote:I am 1/2 mile from the nearest police station. Not worried about armed revolution until young people actually get off their ass to vote, and still lose.
True. America is probably too lazy for armed insurrection. We'd be calling truces at 8pm so we could all go home and watch Dancing With the Stars.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 am
Zarathud wrote:I am 1/2 mile from the nearest police station. Not worried about armed revolution until young people actually get off their ass to vote, and still lose.
True. America is probably too lazy for armed insurrection. We'd be calling truces at 8pm so we could all go home and watch Dancing With the Stars.
Yeah, but then people watching Dancing with the Stars almost went into armed rebellion when Tinashe went home instead of Grocery Store Joe.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 am Buying guns for a revolution is stupid. Odds of successfully taking on the U.S. military with various small arms is close to zero, and either way you would wind up devastating the local area (both economically and physically).

While buying guns for a revolution is stupid buying guns to protect yourself against people determined to burn down their backyard might not be the worst idea at this point in history, depending on where your backyard is.
Zarathud wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:40 am I am 1/2 mile from the nearest police station. Not worried about armed revolution until young people actually get off their ass to vote, and still lose.
I'm not sure that not voting is the line between violent disenfranchisement and pacifism.

(This is not to say that violence is inevitable, just that we seem uncomfortably powder keggy now. Like no time in my life has compared to this)
malchior

Post by malchior »

The powder keg hasn't gone off because largely the economy is doing well and individually people are mostly taken care of. A severe downturn and the story might change. I actually fear a regional disturbance. Could you imagine if black or brown people took over Federal land a la Oregon? Or a BLM protest is attacked by white nationalists? All it'll take is a spark and the monsters will seize their opportunity. Bank on it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:22 am The powder keg hasn't gone off because largely the economy is doing well
Check the news today. :(
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kraken wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:37 am

I have no plans to storm the castle. I'm more worried about the guy down the street with all the Trump signs. If shit breaks loose it's going to be neighbor-against-neighbor.

I already own a couple of long guns that I inherited from my dad, but IDK if I can legally have them or buy ammunition for them. I'd like to teach Wife to shoot them. Getting licensed would probably be prudent.
That's what I'm seeing. It's not about taking on the US Government. It's about defense against armed individuals that would do you harm.

Once again this weekend my local shop/range was full of "liberals" looking to get training and their first firearm. The range was full (literally) of guys in yarmulkes running 5.56 AR pistols. One was teaching his fiance the AR 15 manual of arms on a .22 version of the rifle.

For my part, I've been wanting an old Colt revolver (Trooper) for the collection but I'm putting it off to get a more "practical" MPX or Scorpion Evo to round out the home defense. In other words, I'm forgoing what I want to make sure I have all my bases covered. It's kind of sad but I can't justify another "just for fun" firearm right now.
They certainly don't have all the bullets.

Blackrock and Vanguard are the two largest institutional holders of Ruger, who undoubtedly makes many of their guns, and VSTO, who undoubtedly makes a lot of their ammo. Just tell them that the distribution network for 90% of the ammo sold to civilians in the US is controlled by the Rothchilds and George Soros. It's not true as far as I know but it should cause them some sleepless nights.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 am
Oh and I prefer to do all my armed insurrection AFTER I see "lets make a deal" in the morning, so can we maybe wait till daytime TV starts?

But seriously, I don't want to derail this thread, so I think I'm going to start a "civil disturbance" thread to comment on things I think might have value. Somewhere to exchange tips on what to do if our government somehow implodes.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

What To Expect When You’re Expecting a Mueller Report

tl;dr:
  1. There will be a Mueller Report.
  2. The public probably won’t see it.
  3. There probably will also be a Rosenstein Report.
  4. The Rosenstein Report probably will be made public, but it’s not a sure thing.
  5. Rosenstein may be disinclined to disclose much information.
  6. If there’s an Impeachment Report, it probably will be something different.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 am What To Expect When You’re Expecting a Mueller Report

tl;dr:
  1. There will be a Mueller Report.
  2. The public probably won’t see it.
  3. There probably will also be a Rosenstein Report.
  4. The Rosenstein Report probably will be made public, but it’s not a sure thing.
  5. Rosenstein may be disinclined to disclose much information.
  6. If there’s an Impeachment Report, it probably will be something different.
Sooo... They got to Muller or someone to either scale back the investigation or throw out evidence. The rule of law will be erroded until the average person knows that the only way out is to resist. Grreat... *sighs*
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have no idea where you got that from the linked article...
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:18 pm I have no idea where you got that from the linked article...
It's part of Drazzil's ever looming violent armed revolution fantasy (that he denies having).
Hodor.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

pr0ner wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:06 am
Blackhawk wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:18 pm I have no idea where you got that from the linked article...
It's part of Drazzil's ever looming violent armed revolution fantasy (that he denies having).
Huh. Thats why you say it's a fantasy of mine. Because I keep saying its coming.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Huh. Thats why you say it's a fantasy of mine. Because I keep saying its coming.
Because you constantly see evidence that it's on its way in things that don't contain that evidence. It's like a Rorschach test. You keep looking at the ink blots and seeing Thunderdome.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Lol.
Hodor.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Buying guns for a revolution is stupid. Odds of successfully taking on the U.S. military with various small arms is close to zero
two months
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Christ, even em2 wants an armed insurrection against Trump at this point.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:36 pm Christ, even em2 wants an armed insurrection against Trump at this point.
lol
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The far right's attempts to discredit Mueller have started to come to a head.
An alleged scheme to pay off women to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been referred to the FBI for further investigation, a spokesman for the special counsel’s office told The Atlantic. “When we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the Special Counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation,” the spokesman, Peter Carr, told me in an email on Tuesday.

The woman explained that she was contacted by a man “with a British accent” who wanted to ask her “a couple questions about Robert Mueller, whom I worked with when I was a paralegal for Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro in 1974. I asked him who he was working for, and he told me his boss was some sort of politics guy in Washington named Jack Burkman. I reluctantly told [him] that I had only worked with Mr. Mueller for a short period of time, before leaving that firm to have my first son.”

The woman was not willing to speak to the reporters by phone, according to Scott Stedman, one of the reporters who received the letter. So portions of her story have gone uncorroborated. Around the time that the journalists began receiving the email, Burkman released a video on his Facebook page claiming, without evidence, that Mueller “has a whole lifetime history of harassing women.” On Tuesday, the day the special counsel revealed that it had referred the woman’s claims to the FBI, Burkman tweeted a similar allegation.

In an emailed statement, Burkman denied knowing the woman who originally alerted journalists to the alleged scheme and called the FBI referral “a joke, mueller wants to deflect attention from his sex assault troubles by attacking me.” He added in a separate email that “on Thursday 1200 NOON ROSSYLN HOLIDAY INN we will present a very credible witness who will allege that Mr. Mueller committed against her a sexual assault.” Mueller’s spokesman reiterated that the claims are false.
Burkman is a noted conspiracy theorist (tied to some of the Seth Rich stuff), and Trump sycophant and investment fraud Jacob Wohl is heavily involved in this as well.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wiki
Burkman drew significant media attention for organizing a protest against the Dallas Cowboys NFL football team after it signed Michael Sam, an openly gay football player to its practice squad. He is the host of the radio show Behind the Curtain on Radio America.
Sounds like a normal citizen with an interest in the truth. :roll:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isn't Jacob Wohl a Trump family friend and multinational Trump financier? Or am I conflating other Trump family "friends"
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:11 pm Isn't Jacob Wohl a Trump family friend and multinational Trump financier? Or am I conflating other Trump family "friends"
He's a habitual Trump retweeter, ass kisser, and conspiracy theorist.

He's also now angry:

Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Lol. That's right, the MSM is an open cabal. They call each other to make sure they've got their stories straight before publishing.

Most of us had never even heard of you, but there's a conspiracy to undermine you that goes all the way to the top!

God damn it I'm sick of alt-facts.