The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

If Trump fires Mueller, is he under some legal obligation to not discuss his findings?
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Today Devin Nunes was out there claiming that DNC support for the Steele Dossier proves that the Democrats were colluding with Russia to interfere with the election.

I can't even... What reality is this?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 pm Today Devin Nunes was out there claiming that DNC support for the Steele Dossier proves that the Democrats were colluding with Russia to interfere with the election.

That's Sir Reality to you.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump has always been the bizzaro dimension. Does that make Kellyanne the Mytzelplik?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Speaking of, I haven’t heard jack squat from or about Jared or Ivanka for months now. Is it just that Jared is too busy being in charge of solving every critical problem we’ve ever had, that he’s got his head down and working hard?

Or did he already fix the Middle East and overhaul the way that the entire federal govt works and I missed the press release?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Well I just read something today about Ivanka's grammar, so apparently she's still out there misusing the language.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 pm Today Devin Nunes was out there claiming that DNC support for the Steele Dossier proves that the Democrats were colluding with Russia to interfere with the election.

Of all the pieces of shit in congress Nunes has to be in competition for being the biggest and smelliest. He has zero moral or ethical fibers in him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:42 pm If Trump fires Mueller, is he under some legal obligation to not discuss his findings?
Not sure the exact rules applicable to a special prosecutor, but probably. The trick for Trump is that it's not easy for him to fire Mueller - because Sessions is recused, it would have to be authorized by Rod Rosenstein, who is not a Trump lackey. If Rosenstein refuses to fire Mueller, then Trump could fire him, but the next one up isn't a Trump lackey either. So if Trump was determined to fire Mueller, he might need to fire a few people until he gets someone willing to fire Mueller (a la the Saturday Night Massacre. That would be an epic political shitstorm for Trump. What would happen then would be harder to predict. Various bills to protect Mueller started floating around the Senate when Mueller's firing seemed possibly imminent a couple months ago. There's almost certainly a majority in the Senate for those. The House would be a bit harder, but even the Senate unilaterally could do things like just retaining Mueller to run a Senate investigation.

And also Mueller's been coordinating with the New York AG, who would presumably keep going full bore.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:18 am

Of all the pieces of shit in congress Nunes has to be in competition for being the biggest and smelliest. He has zero moral or ethical fibers in him.
Yeah for whatever reason Nunes decided very early on to solely serve as Trump's bodyguard on all of this shit. The upshot is that Richard Burr in the Senate seems to be more serious about this, at least.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Oh that gag ordered being lifted on the FBI informant...Trump personally pushed for that. Totally above board.
RunningMn9

The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by RunningMn9 »

CNN is reporting that the first charges have been filed and indictments were sealed today.
“CNN” wrote: A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:40 pm CNN is reporting that the first charges have been filed and indictments were sealed today.
“CNN” wrote: A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.
Linky
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Some interesting initial analysis from Seth Abramson: https://twitter.com/SethAbr​amson/statu ... 9148224512
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oooooh, is it Hillary??

I'll bet it's HILLARY. For the Benghranium!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I'm almost afraid to look at Louise Mensch' twitter feed. She's sure to be positively giddy with that news.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Interesting that it's not being reported anywhere else at this point. CNN better hope like hell they're right about this.

EDIT: If you really feel like getting dizzy, check out this spin from Hannity.
Guess;Mueller and Media working hand in hand. Media to be tipped off. Mueller was FBI Director Who knew of Russian crimes before Uranium one
:lol: :lol:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:pop:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Rip

Post by Rip »

Just in case has anyone got a basement I can hide out in?
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I hope that Manafort enjoys his weekend.
Black Lives Matter.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:44 pmInteresting that it's not being reported anywhere else at this point. CNN better hope like hell they're right about this.
Reuters is reporting it as well, with their own source.
A federal grand jury in Washington on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a source briefed on the matter told Reuters.
A quick search shows lots of other stories have been published in the last hour or so, but I haven't sifted through them to see if any are corroborating from their own sources or if they're just reporting on the reports from CNN/Reuters/whoever.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also today Dana Boente, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, resigned today. Hard to imagine that it's a coincidence with the filed charges. Some plausible speculation that Boente may be a witness in an obstruction charge.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also explains why the Uranium story was suddenly resurrected by Trumpworld. Probably the best that they could come up with as a pre-made justification for trying to fire Mueller.
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

When will Hillary be indicted? How about when you produce evidence compelling to a prosecutor and grand jury? Your party controls every lever of government, dumbass - what is stopping you other than the fact that her crimes exist only in your fevered imagination?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 pm Just in case has anyone got a basement I can hide out in?
Trolling isn't a crime in your country.

...yet.
malchior

Post by malchior »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

too soon for me to celebrate.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

GreenGoo wrote:
Rip wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 pm Just in case has anyone got a basement I can hide out in?
Trolling isn't a crime in your country.

...yet.
You gave him what he wanted. Should have ignored him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am too soon for me to celebrate.
Way too soon. Really hard to see things going down without Trump trying to fire Mueller, issue mass pardons, or do any number of crazy anti-democratic shit to try to shut all this down before it brings him down.
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am You gave him what he wanted. Should have ignored him.
Oh yeah, totally reeled me in. I'm sure he feels warm and fuzzy now.
malchior

Post by malchior »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am too soon for me to celebrate.
Totally. I just those first two tweets were punny. And Tapper's captures the non-idiot CW well.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:50 pm Also explains why the Uranium story was suddenly resurrected by Trumpworld. Probably the best that they could come up with as a pre-made justification for trying to fire Mueller.
Yup. Fox is all-in on the narrative that Mueller's investigation is 100% based on Dem propaganda and that he should be fired.

Some Trump surrogates are taking it further. Gorka tweeted last night that Trump should strip Mueller's powers and have him arrested.

Roger Stone was apparently in total drunk melt-down mode, attacking reporters and calling for them to be punished, which is totally the behavior of someone confident that there's nothing to this story.

EDIT: stupid keyboard
Last edited by Holman on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:58 am Roger Stone was apparently in total drunk melt-down mode, attacking reporters and calling for them to be punished, which is the totally the behavior of someone confident that there's noting to this story.
I just waded into the crazy end by checking Stone's Twitter and I see he is claiming that Carl Bernstein lied about Watergate!

Also, Louise Mensch, as expected, is tooting her own horn about Mueller's indictments, while again repeating her claim that Trump has already had sealed indictments filed against him.
Hodor.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Biggest indication this is really happening? Trump’s twitter feed is completely silent so far this morning.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Captain Caveman wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:15 am Biggest indication this is really happening? Trump’s twitter feed is completely silent so far this morning.m
Spoke too soon. But so far just tweeting about GDP and Jimmy Carter(?).
Holman

Post by Holman »

So U.S. Attorney Dana Boente resigned very suddenly last night. If I understand things, he is in line behind Sessions and
Rosenstein.

The rumors swirling around are:

1) He's leaving his post to serve as a witness. (Why would he have to quit?)

2) Since Sessions and Rosenstein are recused, Boente was ordered to fire Mueller and refused. (Would he have this authority?)

Do either of these make sense?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

When did Rosenstein become recused?
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yeah, that's news to me, as well.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I believe he is thought to be recused from anything touching on Comey and obstruction since he wrote the letter used to justify Comey's firing. As he was part of Trump's planning there (even somewhat unwillingly), he is expected to be a witness.

That's the narrative I've seen, anyway.

The real question is whether Boente had authority to fire Mueller. If he did, it would make sense for Trump to step down past Rosenstein (known to be Trump-skeptical) to try his luck.

Of course it's entirely possible it's unrelated to anything, but it seems to be striking all the DOJ-watchers as very sudden and strange.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

There is no evidence that Rosenstein has recused himself from Mueller's probe. In fact, I read all investigations have to reviewed by him. I don't think this prevents Mueller from chasing down things but there have been many calls for him to recused himself since Mueller is investigating obstruction charges on the Comey firing which he had a part in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Could we be looking at Trumpoween?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon