The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

Post by Holman »

Mueller is pushing back hard on Barr, Congress is insisting that Barr testify on Thursday, and Barr is threatening not to appear because of utterly bullshit minor procedural reasons.

THE PRESIDENT IS EXONERATED!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

It's interesting that law enforcement believe they should dictate law to law makers.

That said, I bet when he does testify he will have a lawyer present and not answer anything under advisement from executive privilege or some similar BS.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:04 pm Mueller is pushing back hard on Barr, Congress is insisting that Barr testify on Thursday, and Barr is threatening not to appear because of utterly bullshit minor procedural reasons.

THE PRESIDENT IS EXONERATED!
What is his objection to be questioned by staff counsel? Other than he would rather not answer questions?
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Barr is testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee right now. (This isn't the House committee he's threatening to avoid tomorrow.)

Lindsay Graham, who is putting on an absolute clown show of Trump sycophancy, just mentioned that he has not actually read all of the released Mueller Report.

He is the Chair of Senate Judiciary and he hasn't read the report.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Fisa, Steele, Clinton, deep state. That's all you need to know.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Holman wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:29 am Barr is testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee right now. (This isn't the House committee he's threatening to avoid tomorrow.)

Lindsay Graham, who is putting on an absolute clown show of Trump sycophancy, just mentioned that he has not actually read all of the released Mueller Report.

He is the Chair of Senate Judiciary and he hasn't read the report.
Why would he need to? He read (most of) Barr's summary letter, and it fully exonerated Trump.

WITCH HUNT!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mueller's gonna testify.

:pop:

Also, here's the letter he sent to Barr. tl:dr version, "quit being such a dick"

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I suspect that the WH is trying to goad the House into starting impeachment by leaving them no alternative.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Such a great week. Warren is going after Barr on Twitter and Duetsche Bank has "reams" of documents:
According to a report from The New York Times, the "reams" of records in possession of the German lender include internal corporate documents, parts of Trump's personal and business tax returns as well as a detailed breakdown of the value of his assets.
How could they have tax documents? Hasn't he been under audit for the last 4 years?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Roman

Post by Roman »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 pm Such a great week. Warren is going after Barr on Twitter and Duetsche Bank has "reams" of documents:
According to a report from The New York Times, the "reams" of records in possession of the German lender include internal corporate documents, parts of Trump's personal and business tax returns as well as a detailed breakdown of the value of his assets.
How could they have tax documents? Hasn't he been under audit for the last 4 years?
I think they have 'portions' of tax returns in order to support his loan requests.
I am not defending - only providing some context :)
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Roman wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:03 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 pm Such a great week. Warren is going after Barr on Twitter and Duetsche Bank has "reams" of documents:
I think they have 'portions' of tax returns in order to support his loan requests.
I am not defending - only providing some context :)
I get the feeling that what DB got and what the IRS got are substantially different. That's why Camp Trump is fighting both the DB subpoena and the call to release his returns with such ferocity.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:16 pm I get the feeling that what DB got and what the IRS got are substantially different. That's why Camp Trump is fighting both the DB subpoena and the call to release his returns with such ferocity.
It's unimaginable that drumpf would falsify his earnings to acquire financing. He's the president of the USoA for kayrist's sake.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's nice that Barr's testimony is so insane the news can pretty much come out immediately and fact check his statements.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

He can let people see them if he wants to borrow money from them but not if he want to fleece them out of their money.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

This slowly squeezing grind is almost better than an immediate indictment.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm This slowly squeezing grind is almost better than an immediate indictment.
That should be the plan. Make it plain to everyone with a brain that it is necessary.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:15 pm
He can let people see them if he wants to borrow money from them but not if he want to fleece them out of their money.
That's tax law 101.
Black Lives Matter.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Remus West wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:15 pm He can let people see them if he wants to borrow money from them but not if he want to fleece them out of their money.
Judging by past performance, there's not a lot of difference between Trump borrowing money from them and Trump fleecing them out of their money.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
malchior

Post by malchior »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:38 pm Bad day for Trump
Is it really? We hear this over and over but if one thing is certain our system has absolutely no way to deal with him. The guy who is unambiguously guilty of several crimes in office. It isnt a bad day for Trump. Instead, everyday is a bad day for all of us and there is no bottom.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Reinforcing why I like Kamala Harris

Holman

Post by Holman »

Long thread of video snippets of Barr's testimony today.

There are some real eye-openers here.

Come for the Sheldon Whitehouse and Amy Klobuchar, stay for the Kamala Harris.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

malchior wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:38 pm Bad day for Trump
Is it really? We hear this over and over but if one thing is certain our system has absolutely no way to deal with him. The guy who is unambiguously guilty of several crimes in office. It isnt a bad day for Trump. Instead, everyday is a bad day for all of us and there is no bottom.
We do have ways of dealing with him. Unfortunately, the people that have the power to do anything are complicit.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

And Barr declines to testify before the House. Complicit to the max, yo.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:56 pm And Barr declines to testify before the House. Complicit to the max, yo.
Contempt and then Impeachment, IMHO.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That was the Rubicon I hoped never got crossed. Today is the day I pivot and support impeachment. And I support neutering any member of Congress who protects the shade of this presidency. And I support investigations across the board and if guilty prosecution. Don't care what position you hold.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:43 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:56 pm And Barr declines to testify before the House. Complicit to the max, yo.
Contempt and then Impeachment, IMHO.
Well, they'll need to subpoena him first. I think this appearance was voluntary.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Well then one would hope subpoenas are issued at 9:01am tomorrow morning when his nibs fails to appear.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Zaxxon wrote:And Barr declines to testify before the House. Complicit to the max, yo.
There's something really weird going on here.

I know Trump surrounds himself with crooks and grifters, so some amount of loyalty from those guys is to be expected. But these career guys that are willing to fall on the sword for him really puzzles me. Before Barr's conclusion came out, the conventional wisdom was that despite his memo he was generally a guy on the up and up with a long and lengthy career and reputation to uphold. Why throw that away for Trump?

Why does someone like LIndsay Graham go from calling Trump a "kook" not fit for the Presidency to be his undying lap dog? We've seen this time and time and time again.

There's some DEEP high treason levels of corruption here somewhere that we haven't even scratched the surface of. I could believe it a time or two, but it's almost like every person sucked into Trump's orbit is willing to be treated like shit and be his loyal lap dog. But for what?
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

YellowKing wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:And Barr declines to testify before the House. Complicit to the max, yo.

I know Trump surrounds himself with crooks and grifters, so some amount of loyalty from those guys is to be expected. But these career guys that are willing to fall on the sword for him really puzzles me. Before Barr's conclusion came out, the conventional wisdom was that despite his memo he was generally a guy on the up and up with a long and lengthy career and reputation to uphold. Why throw that away for Trump?

Why does someone like LIndsay Graham go from calling Trump a "kook" not fit for the Presidency to be his undying lap dog? We've seen this time and time and time again.

There's some DEEP high treason levels of corruption here somewhere that we haven't even scratched the surface of. I could believe it a time or two, but it's almost like every person sucked into Trump's orbit is willing to be treated like shit and be his loyal lap dog. But for what?
Barr doesn't care, he only has a good reputation because of our infatuation with public employees. He was central in the Iran contra cover up and pardons. This is literally what he made his name on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Barr doesn't believe in checks to executive power.

He didn't for Iran Contra, and he doesn't now. It is suffering the senate confirmation hearings stupidly didn't bring out.

They asked if suborning perjury was obstruction and he said yes.

They didn't ask if he would prosecute a sitting president for it.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Damn. Senator Hirono ain't pulling any punches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1QiIYvCZGo
Formix

Post by Formix »

I'm still all for the idea that "Russiar" has dirt on these folks, and they will go down hard if they go against Trump. I know it gets really tinfoil-hatty pretty quickly, but it's not that hard to imagine Graham has a skeleton or two in his closet.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Formix wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am I'm still all for the idea that "Russiar" has dirt on these folks, and they will go down hard if they go against Trump. I know it gets really tinfoil-hatty pretty quickly, but it's not that hard to imagine Graham has a skeleton or two in his closet.
I see what you did there. Not cool. But seriously you have to wonder why the hypocrite limiters have totally blown off on these guys. Graham in particular has gone way off the rails way well beyond boot-licking into a realm where you can't help but wonder about what is compelling the behavior.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

They are either being blackmailed or they are somehow benefiting financially by being complicit. Or maybe both. Either way, I can only hope that some day the reasons for their behavior is completely uncovered. This goes way beyond party before country at this point, IMHO. That might have been how they started, but to stand with this administration after 2+ years means something else is going on.
Holman

Post by Holman »

They've decided that the system is cracked, so they're going to pick up all the pieces they can and shift them to their advantage.

Packed courts and voter suppression will guarantee permanent Republican rule. As soon as you decide that that's the only way to make America great, anything is permitted.

It's not criminal if it's patriotic.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

YellowKing wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:14 pm

No kidding. The ship's sinking and the rats are... volunteering to stay with the captain?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I see no evidence the ship is sinking. I see evidence that the oligarchy is declaring our Constitutional Republic null and void and that those who profess to love the Repbublic the loudest are those who cheer on the Oligarchy as they pour gas on the Trumpster Fire.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Barr's DoJ is happy to ignore the subpoena and he refuses to come before the house.
Last edited by Paingod on Thu May 02, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Only 4:30 in but :clap: so far
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Keep watching to see how it's the fault of the Democrats that Barr didn't come to the hearing. Unbelievable.

It's absolutely time to start ratcheting up the process and start holding elected officials responsible for voting/approving whatever needs to be done. Get them all on official record.