The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 pm It's semantics at this point. And I hate being anti-semantic.
It's not semantics. There's an enormous difference between trying to reduce the deficit and failing, and not trying to reduce the deficit. It's the latter, not the former. Voters who actually care about reducing the deficit should in no way support the Republican Party.
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm A lot of names fit perfectly. Kind of reachy at this point.
That's an edit box which can be resized independent of the font and characters in it. Combine that with a proportional font and there are a TON of combinations of letters that could fit in there. If the box was shrunk by 1 pixel that might actually remove 2 letters from what's in the box, depending on what those letters are and what the rest of the letters in there are.

The point being, this means zero. Reachy is putting it mildly. It doesn't exclude the possibility by any stretch of the imagination, but neither does it provide even a single iota of evidence in support.

This box is hat sized so it likely contains a hat is not a sound conclusion, particularly when hats are not uniform in dimension.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:59 pm Voters who actually care about reducing the deficit should in no way support the Republican Party.
Unless they also want to prohibit safe abortions or keep others out of the country among other things.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:27 pm
I’m not saying that I know for sure what is under the redacted phrase but “President Donald J. Trump” fits perfectly.
:coffee:
A lot of names fit perfectly. Kind of reachy at this point.

Contextually, wouldn't it be Candidate instead of President?
One man's reachy is another man's funny. I posted it for its entertainment value, not because it presents particularly compelling evidence.

As to context, the unredacted portion of the memo that he used for reference states "the campaign of President Donald J. Trump" so it wouldn't be unreasonable for other portions of the memo to refer to him by that title even if they pertain to activities that occurred before he took office. At this point, there's probably plenty to investigate after he took office as well, but Flynn wouldn't have much to say about that given his early exit.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:59 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 pm It's semantics at this point. And I hate being anti-semantic.
It's not semantics. There's an enormous difference between trying to reduce the deficit and failing, and not trying to reduce the deficit. It's the latter, not the former. Voters who actually care about reducing the deficit should in no way support the Republican Party.
No, it's semantics. I made a joke about the hypocrisy of a political group that has made the deficit a driving message in their campaigns for years, constantly bitching about social programs being Satan sent because they effectively drive up that deficit in their opinion. Someone responded that they were frustrated with my joke because the GOP hasn't actually succeeded in making that message come true, or exhibited any real effort to do so when they were in power.

Whether or not they succeeded or were sincere, the fact remains that I can find numerous GOP campaign platforms based almost entirely around the message of a dangerously accelerating deficit. That's what I was joking about.

So yeah...semantics.

And now that we've driven this whole thing so far into the ground that Chinese citizens are going, "WTF are you doing here??", let's take a moment to reflect on the death of a throwaway joke.
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 pm One man's reachy is another man's funny. I posted it for its entertainment value, not because it presents particularly compelling evidence.
Pretty sure Lawbeef was referring to the tweet, not your posting of the tweet.

That's what I was doing, in any case.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:13 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:59 pm Voters who actually care about reducing the deficit should in no way support the Republican Party.
Unless they also want to prohibit safe abortions or keep others out of the country among other things.
Right. I mean, they shouldn't support them for that reason.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm GHWB wanted to work with Congress to reduce the debt and he was part of the GOP and...
You see what happens? They end up dead after twenty-five years!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 pm
No, it's semantics. I made a joke about the hypocrisy of a political group that has made the deficit a driving message in their campaigns for years, constantly bitching about social programs being Satan sent because they effectively drive up that deficit in their opinion. Someone responded that they were frustrated with my joke because the GOP hasn't actually succeeded in making that message come true, or exhibited any real effort to do so when they were in power.

Whether or not they succeeded or were sincere, the fact remains that I can find numerous GOP campaign platforms based almost entirely around the message of a dangerously accelerating deficit. That's what I was joking about.

So yeah...semantics.

And now that we've driven this whole thing so far into the ground that Chinese citizens are going, "WTF are you doing here??", let's take a moment to reflect on the death of a throwaway joke.
Haven't driven it into the ground, because it most definitely *isn't* semantics. It's also not a "both-sides do it" item to be left by the wayside.

Since Reagan, the GOP has refused to pay for *any* of their initiatives (tho I'll give GWH Bush some credit for trying). Democrats actually attempt to pay for their initiatives/legislation (see medical device tax and others in ACA, etc.). the GOP sticks with voodoo economics and shirks responsibility, leaving huge messes for Democrats to clean up.

What the GOP does is Lie about caring about the deficit when a Democrat is in office, so they can use it as a cudgel, but they have been fiscally irresponsible for almost 4 decades now, and what it has done is make each successive downturn/recession even worse, while ringing up everything on the Credit Card.

When they are forced to have a balanced budget at the State level, they completely trash the state economy with their policies (see Kansas under Brownback).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don't believe you understand what I was trying to say. You don't believe I understand your complaint. Let's leave it at that.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:01 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 pm

So yeah...semantics.

Haven't driven it into the ground, because it most definitely *isn't* semantics. It's also not a "both-sides do it" item to be left by the wayside.

Since Reagan, the GOP has refused to pay for *any* of their initiatives (tho I'll give GWH Bush some credit for trying). Democrats actually attempt to pay for their initiatives/legislation (see medical device tax and others in ACA, etc.). the GOP sticks with voodoo economics and shirks responsibility, leaving huge messes for Democrats to clean up.

What the GOP does is Lie about caring about the deficit when a Democrat is in office, so they can use it as a cudgel, but they have been fiscally irresponsible for almost 4 decades now, and what it has done is make each successive downturn/recession even worse, while ringing up everything on the Credit Card.

When they are forced to have a balanced budget at the State level, they completely trash the state economy with their policies (see Kansas under Brownback).
It's what happens when you can enrich yourself by spending someone else's money. You are never a good steward of that money, especially when you get richer the more irreaponsibly you spend. Dems figured it out too. They just have a modicum of shame.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Leaving aside semantics/hypocrisy/lies (well, not the last, given this administration...).

More illegal campaign activities?

Reporting by The Trace shows that the NRA and the Trump campaign employed the same operation — at times, the exact same people — to craft and execute their advertising strategies for the 2016 presidential election. The investigation, which involved a review of more than 1,000 pages of Federal Communications Commission and Federal Election Commission documents, found multiple instances in which National Media, through its affiliates Red Eagle and AMAG, executed ad buys for Trump and the NRA that seemed coordinated to enhance each other.

Individuals working for National Media or its affiliated companies either signed or were named in FCC documents, demonstrating that they had knowledge of both the NRA and the Trump campaign’s advertising plans.

Experts say the arrangement appears to violate campaign finance laws.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a situation where illegal coordination seems more obvious,” said Ann Ravel, a former chair of the Federal Election Commission who reviewed the records. “It is so blatant that it doesn’t even seem sloppy. Everyone involved probably just thinks there aren’t going to be any consequences.”
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Individual 1 wrote:FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!
It sucks that he knows when something awesome is going to be reported before we do.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

lol, omg

I was going to ask, what that was about - but I see it's still a mystery.

I'm excited.

Should I turn on MSNBC?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I like to picture Trump waking up in the middle of the night and just screaming that.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He’s live tweeting some show with Corsi and Trish Regan.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Has this shithead EVER tweeted out something positive? It's always fear and fucking loathing. Anger and bile. Attacks and insults.
STFU, PLEASE. Just...48 hours of radio silence from the angry baby would be heaven.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

CNN has been evacuated due to a bomb threat. I'm sure that's totally unrelated, though.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

El Guapo wrote:Voters who actually care about reducing the deficit should in no way support the Republican Party.
Bingo. Realized that more than 12 years ago.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Robert Mueller and Leakin’ Lyin’ James Comey are Best Friends, just one of many Mueller Conflicts of Interest. And bye the way, wasn’t the woman in charge of prosecuting Jerome Corsi (who I do not know) in charge of “legal” at the corrupt Clinton Foundation? A total Witch Hunt.../....Will Robert Mueller’s big time conflicts of interest be listed at the top of his Republicans only Report. Will Andrew Weissman’s horrible and vicious prosecutorial past be listed in the Report. He wrongly destroyed people’s lives, took down great companies, only to be......../.....overturned, 9-0, in the United States Supreme Court. Doing same thing to people now. Will all of the substantial & many contributions made by the 17 Angry Democrats to the Campaign of Crooked Hillary be listed in top of Report. Will the people that worked for the Clinton..../....Foundation be listed at the top of the Report? Will the scathing document written about Lyin’ James Comey, by the man in charge of the case, Rod Rosenstein (who also signed the FISA Warrant), be a big part of the Report? Isn’t Rod therefore totally conflicted? Will all of..../...the lying and leaking by the people doing the Report, & also Bruce Ohr (and his lovely wife Molly), Comey, Brennan, Clapper, & all of the many fired people of the FBI, be listed in the Report? Will the corruption within the DNC & Clinton Campaign be exposed?..And so much more!
And so much more!

Your president spent a full hour on this tweetstorm.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

...bye the way...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Bruce Ohr's wife's name is Nellie, not Molly.

Watching someone live tweet their mental breakdown in real time is fascinating.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 amWatching someone live tweet their mental breakdown in real time is fascinating.
Watching the "Leader of the Free World" do it is horrifying. What an over-used term for the last two years, right? Horrifying. We need more words to describe horrible things now, I guess.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm guessing someone got advanced notice of what's going to drop today. :coffee:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Unfortunately, I've come to expect that any scandal, no matter how quickly it would've ruined any other politician in history, will amount to absolutely nothing post Trump. Credibility, integrity, decency...they're gone now. This is what reality TV and its brethren have helped to create in the masses of idiots who now view the world only through the eyes of those they find entertaining, and not through those of truly great men and women.
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

WH administration: I wish he'd shut up about guilt by association...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am ...bye the way...

was going to just post that.

lols

bye the way
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

advanced notice
Advanced Notice
Advance Notice
Advanced Notice
Advance Notice
Advanced Notice
Advance Notice
Advanced Notice
Advance Notice

That's going to make me crazy until I'm distracted by something else.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

one can be given the noun: Advance Notice

Or one can have a verb applied to them "To Give Notice", in advance... Given Advanced Notice
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:08 amThat's going to make me crazy until I'm distracted by something else.
How about a grammar blog on it? :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:47 am I'm guessing someone got advanced notice of what's going to drop today. :coffee:
18-1™ & 2-0
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am
LordMortis wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:08 amThat's going to make me crazy until I'm distracted by something else.
How about a grammar blog on it? :D
I love grammar blogs. So great!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

TWO derogatory adjectives in front of a person's name?! (Lyin' leakin' Comey) That's the indicator, people, he's shitting his pants right now.

No kidding, I wake up every morning hoping to hear that something huge has broken overnight, like "TRUMP ARRESTED, PENCE FLEES TO MEXIO" or "MUELLER + TEAM OF AGENTS LEAD TRUMP OUT IN CUFFS" I know that's too much to ask, but goddamn would that make me sooooo happy. "MOSCOW TURNS OVER BOXES OF DOCUMENTS TO MUELLER" "ASSANGE EXCHANGES INFO FOR US ASYLUM" "PENCE OPENS UP ABOUT TRUMP WITH MUELLER" "DON JR ARRESTED" Any of those will do.

I do feel like something big is about to break ANY day now, though it most assuredly won't be as "big" as what I want. :P
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

y
Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 pm TWO derogatory adjectives in front of a person's name?! (Lyin' leakin' Comey) That's the indicator, people, he's shitting his pants right now.

No kidding, I wake up every morning hoping to hear that something huge has broken overnight, like "TRUMP ARRESTED, PENCE FLEES TO MEXIO" or "MUELLER + TEAM OF AGENTS LEAD TRUMP OUT IN CUFFS" I know that's too much to ask, but goddamn would that make me sooooo happy. "MOSCOW TURNS OVER BOXES OF DOCUMENTS TO MUELLER" "ASSANGE EXCHANGES INFO FOR US ASYLUM" "PENCE OPENS UP ABOUT TRUMP WITH MUELLER" "DON JR ARRESTED" Any of those will do.

I do feel like something big is about to break ANY day now, though it most assuredly won't be as "big" as what I want. :P
You're gonna get: TRUMP ORGANIZATION TO PAY $7,000 PENALTY FOR CAMPAIGN FINANCE VIOLATION

Try not to be too disappointed.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 pm TWO derogatory adjectives in front of a person's name?! (Lyin' leakin' Comey) That's the indicator, people, he's shitting his pants right now.
It's like someone tried explaining alliteration to him, but he just couldn't understand all of the explanation.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:52 pmYou're gonna get: TRUMP ORGANIZATION TO PAY $7,000 PENALTY FOR CAMPAIGN FINANCE VIOLATION
... and it'll take another 3 years to finish investigating the GoFundMe Trump sets up to pay the fine.
Black Lives Matter

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

:pop: :pop:

We will be doing a major Counter Report to the Mueller Report. This should never again be allowed to happen to a future President of the United States!
He's absolutely correct that this shouldn't happen to a future POTUS, but not in the way he thinks.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Fake News Awards part II.

MYT
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:59 pm A history of the 'progress' in preparing a Mueller Counter-Report.

Rudy's on the job.
How do you prep and draft a counter-report for something you shouldn't be aware of? Is it just 45 pages of "Mueller is a poopie-butt. He smells like old man farts. I'm the best." ... ?
Black Lives Matter