Newt Gingrich and Fox News advocate for civil war?!

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Papa Smurph

Newt Gingrich and Fox News advocate for civil war?!

Post by Papa Smurph »

Opinion: Gingrich: Surrender or fight - our country is at stake - Fox News
Those of us who truly want to make America great again have one choice: Fight. Our situation is similar to President Lincoln's in 1861. He had to make the choice between fighting until he won or giving up on the idea of the United States. Once again, our country is at stake.
The dog whistles are getting more violent.
em2nought

Re: Newt Gingrich and Fox News advocate for civil war?!

Post by em2nought »

We should just let you win on one condition, and that condition is that we officially close the USA and you can name what comes after anything but "the USA". You don't get the flag either, you can add as many colors as you want to the new one. Better than killing so many again I think. :think:
Stop funding for NPR
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Papa Smurph wrote:Opinion: Gingrich: Surrender or fight - our country is at stake - Fox News
Those of us who truly want to make America great again have one choice: Fight. Our situation is similar to President Lincoln's in 1861. He had to make the choice between fighting until he won or giving up on the idea of the United States. Once again, our country is at stake.
The dog whistles are getting more violent.
Newt is a tool. The country will carry on whether he likes it or not.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It would be rather one-sided since they have all the guns and the military. However, at this point I might voluntarily agree to live somewhere where I don't have to deal with racist fundamentalist homophobes.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Blue states have the economy, just like the North.

Newt was always willing to break the system to get his way.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hannity has also been pushing the "Time to purge the Deep State," "Time to fight" line.

It's all fun and games until someone goes McVeigh.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Zarathud wrote:Blue states have the economy, just like the North.
I don't think that's true anymore. Liberals live in and control the big cities, but conservatives dominate the countryside. Even in safely blue states.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote:We should just let you win on one condition, and that condition is that we officially close the USA and you can name what comes after anything but "the USA". You don't get the flag either, you can add as many colors as you want to the new one. Better than killing so many again I think. :think:
Nah, it's easy to defeat whiny snowflakes like the current conservative group. We'll just take it all and you can join the crybaby in chief in a nice, long sobfest afterwards. :mrgreen:
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The more an animal is cornered, the harder it fights back. The country is slowly, painfully, moving past religious fundamentalism. The election of Trump was the last desperate gasp of a party that has failed to adapt to changing times. It doesn't surprise me in the least that they're willing to do anything at this point - even put their faith in a con man or burn the country down around them. They're in pure survival mode.

We'll come out on the other side a better country for it, but it's going to be a bloody road in the short term.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote:
em2nought wrote:We should just let you win on one condition, and that condition is that we officially close the USA and you can name what comes after anything but "the USA". You don't get the flag either, you can add as many colors as you want to the new one. Better than killing so many again I think. :think:
Nah, it's easy to defeat whiny snowflakes like the current conservative group. We'll just take it all and you can join the crybaby in chief in a nice, long sobfest afterwards. :mrgreen:
Is Russia going to take that many US Immigrants?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LordMortis wrote:
hepcat wrote:
Is Russia going to take that many US Immigrants?
The traditionalists would expect safe harbor in Argentina, while some of the good ol' boys might head to Brazil as well.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"The Good Ol' Boys from Brazil"

I can't wait for that to hit theaters.
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I'm the pacifist in this thread, interesting. :think: I don't really want to kill a bunch of you because it's basically our fault we let you be misled in the first place, and of course I'd prefer not to die myself. :wink: If only we had made them put School House Rock on the trailer on every DVD instead of a frickin' FBI warning. sigh. :doh:
Stop funding for NPR
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You should immediately tweet how everyone is being unfair to you. Then follow it up with a press conference where you simply pout for 30 minutes while looking like you're on the verge of crying at any second.

I miss leadership with a backbone. Instead we're stuck with a wimpy man child who can't take an insult without getting upset. But don't worry, he won't be president long. I know you're secretly wishing for that, so don't try to hide it. :ninja:
He won. Period.