Popehat

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Popehat

Post by GreenGoo »

ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am
the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (widely regarded within itself as being the most important and prestigious U.S. Attorney's Office in the country)
I just love that line.
ditto.

:D
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Just saw Fed on MSNBC, he's moving up!
tgb

Post by tgb »

I saw hepcat on Cops. He was sitting outside of a trailer, shirtless and drunk.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Sepiche wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 pmJust saw Fed on MSNBC, he's moving up!
Reputation is everything in that arena. Soon he'll be an expert legal speaker everywhere you look.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Carpet_pissr

Popehat

Post by Carpet_pissr »

tgb wrote:I saw hepcat on Cops. He was sitting outside of a trailer, shirtless and drunk.
Ha!
Holman

Post by Holman »

tgb wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 am I saw hepcat on Cops. He was sitting outside of a trailer, shirtless and drunk.
Reputation is everything in that arena.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

tgb wrote:I saw hepcat on Cops. He was sitting outside of a trailer, shirtless and drunk.
I'm going to be seriously disappointed if I run into him at GenCon and he does not fit this description I've built up in my mind.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Moliere wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm Make No Law podcasts.
I've been catching up on Make No Law, and boy is it impressive. Ken has a real gift for laying out legal issues for dummies like me, and the interviews are great. He has a very soothing voice, and the voice acting is mostly spot-on. My only criticism is the overbearing sound design (effects and music), but that's a minor complaint.
Jag

Post by Jag »

WaPo

Trump’s problem isn’t that he has bad lawyers. It’s that he’s a bad client.
A good lawyer’s loyalty lies in being ready to give plain-spoken advice that will get you fired if your client’s in the wrong mood. An effective advocate’s loyalty isn’t about saying “Good idea” or “You’re right,” it’s about warning “Shut up” and “No, you shouldn’t do that” and “Yes, I understand you want to do that, but here’s why it’s a terrible idea.” Real loyalty looks like Cordelia, refusing to flatter King Lear at great cost, not like her sisters, praising him effusively to get more land.
The point of the article should sound familiar. Just shut the fuck up.

The Fed has spoken.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Wow. He's getting published by everybody.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 pm Wow. He's getting published by everybody.
He's such a slut.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 pm Wow. He's getting published by everybody.
Every news organization has a short list of Usual Suspects whom they go to for authoritative quotes in their relevant field. Becoming a Usual Suspect takes perseverance, and it helps to be funny or irreverent or even outrageous -- and, above all else, always available. Once you get on one media outlet's list, everybody wants to talk to you, and it snowballs: the better-known you become, the more they want you.

Congrats to Mr Fed for cracking that egg. We knew him when....
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:37 pm Congrats to Mr Fed for cracking that egg. We knew him when....
It is strange to see people cite him that have no OO/GG history. And you're all like hey I know him.... Well, he's one of my Internet Friends... Well, we've been talking online about video games for like twenty years... Well, we used to... any way... Well, never mind...

Kinda like trying to explain board gaming fandom from fifteen or twenty years ago.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

http://octopusoverlords.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p2561825

soon you won't be able to read an article on law anywhere without running into this guy
tgb

Post by tgb »

And here I always thought our Ambassador to the World would be U2K.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Pyperkub

Re: Re: Popehat

Post by Pyperkub »

tgb wrote:And here I always thought our Ambassador to the World would be U2K.
Dunno, could be working for the Trump admin...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

LordMortis wrote:It is strange to see people cite him that have no OO/GG history.
Haha, I struggle with that all the time. It's hard to convey that an "internet friend" means something when you've been talking to them on a nearly daily basis for 15-20 years. I've got co-workers that work in the same room with me that don't get that kind of attention. :D
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Per the popehat twitter feed, NPR will be interviewing Mr Fed on All Things Considered tonight about taking the 5th (probably in conjunction with Cohen's statement).

If I were doing that interview, I'd have a really, really hard time not asking a question like "what are the RICO implications of this, will he expose himself to racketeering charges by taking the 5th?"... though I may reconsider given that Mr Fed head might spontaneously explode...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 pm Per the popehat twitter feed, NPR will be interviewing Mr Fed on All Things Considered tonight about taking the 5th (probably in conjunction with Cohen's statement).

If I were doing that interview, I'd have a really, really hard time not asking a question like "what are the RICO implications of this, will he expose himself to racketeering charges by taking the 5th?"... though I may reconsider given that Mr Fed head might spontaneously explode...
Too bad it's not a call-in. We could ask him what it would take to blow this case wide open.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ex parte!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rip

Post by Rip »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

HOLY ADS BATMAN!
Jag

Post by Jag »

Important opinion piece in NYT today.

Can Michael Cohen Bring Down Trump?
So let me repeat it for emphasis and for history: The president’s personal lawyer pleaded guilty to a federal crime and testified under oath that the president told him to do it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:36 pm RICO alert!

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/22/rico- ... usion-gps/
Thor’s got a righteous case,” G. Robert Blakey, a former federal prosecutor who drafted RICO back in 1970, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.
That’s my favorite line of the week. :lol:
Covfefe!
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Go Mr. Fed! I'm happy to see this success!
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Should social media platforms only remove users who make true threats or incite violence? Or do they have an ethical obligation to hold their users to a higher standard? Author Thaddeus Russell and attorney Ken White debate.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Does anyone else listen to the All the President's Lawyers podcast? I recently started and I've run into a bug where the podcast plays fine until what sounds like the first commercial break. At that point, my MP3 player says the file is unreadable. I've tried 4 different weeks and it's happened to all of them. I download the podcasts through iTunes.

I've enjoyed what I've heard but I've never really heard him finish making a point. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I listen to it every week and haven't run into that issue. You might try getting it from a different source or trying a different player,
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Fed just got a rise out of Anthony Scaramucci :lol:

Enlarge Image
stessier

Post by stessier »

gbasden wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:41 am I listen to it every week and haven't run into that issue. You might try getting it from a different source or trying a different player,
That's what I was afraid of. I asked for a new one for Christmas. I guess I can wait until then. What could possibly happen before then? :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I always took him for a Proudfoot.

In any case, I personally would be afraid to get into it with Mr. Fed (even though I'm sure it's happened at some point). Scaramucci doesn't have a clue what he's up against and to do it in such a public forum. But a man like Scaramucci probably doesn't have a sense of shame, so...shrug?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Popehat has 149k followers and scararmooch scararmooch thinks his cult of personality is being cashed in by a troll and causing retweets.

[Fudd]The speewit of iwusion[/Fudd]
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:33 pm I always took him for a Proudfoot.

In any case, I personally would be afraid to get into it with Mr. Fed (even though I'm sure it's happened at some point). Scaramucci doesn't have a clue what he's up against and to do it in such a public forum. But a man like Scaramucci probably doesn't have a sense of shame, so...shrug?
PROUDFEET!
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

noxiousdog wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:29 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:33 pm I always took him for a Proudfoot.

PROUDFEET!
:clap:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just because this is my thing that I do.

It's Proudfoot. If I had written Proudfoots, then Nox would be bang on.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I was just reading Fed's exchange with the scammer. Too damn funny! Amazing how long he kept it going. :lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Heard Mr Fed on the Dan Abrams show a couple of days ago on SiriusXM POTUS channel. My wife was in the car and I told her that guy posts on OO, she about fell out. I think for years she's thought OO was just a euphemism for...I dunno what, Uber-nerd party I suppose. But she was pretty impressed with the fact he was on a national radio broadcast (I admit I was too).
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

GungHo wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:30 pm Heard Mr Fed on the Dan Abrams show a couple of days ago on SiriusXM POTUS channel. My wife was in the car and I told her that guy posts on OO, she about fell out. I think for years she's thought OO was just a euphemism for...I dunno what, Uber-nerd party I suppose. But she was pretty impressed with the fact he was on a national radio broadcast (I admit I was too).
Wife took him seriously for the first time yesterday when I told her he'd written for The Atlantic. She had always subconsciously dismissed him because "Popehat" is not a serious word.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kraken wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:45 pmShe had always subconsciously dismissed him because "Popehat" is not a serious word.
It's quite serious. Someday the truth will come out!
Maybe next year, maybe no go