When Politicans Misbehave (Sex, Corruption, etc.)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Grifman

When Politicans Misbehave (Sex, Corruption, etc.)

Post by Grifman »

Unfortunately, there's enough of this going around that I thought it deserved it's own thread, rather than being buried elsewhere.

To start off, I've read that a major paper (I can't remember whether it is the NYT or WaPo) is investigating up to 30 or 40 members of Congress for alleged sexual harassment, etc and are seeking to substantiate the charges before publishing the details. So what we have seen so far just may be the tip of the iceberg - there could be a lot more resignations coming down the pike. The only good part of this would be that it would make it harder for Trump's accusers to continue to be ignored.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Re: When Politicans Misbehave (Sex, Corruption, etc.)

Post by hepcat »

I really hope they dot all their i's and cross all their t's. The last thing we need right now is anyone in the press getting caught in even the slightest mistake when accusing a Republican politician. Trump cannot be given more ammo at this point.
He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Kentucky state lawmaker kills himself after denying sexual misconduct allegations
A Kentucky state representative accused of molesting a teenage girl has killed himself, according to WDRB.com in Louisville.

Rep. Dan Johnson, a Republican, reportedly shot and killed himself on a bridge in Mt. Washington, Ky. The gun was recovered by police, according to WDRB.

The Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an expose on Monday detailing allegations that Johnson forced himself on a 17-year-old friend of his daughter after a New Year's Eve Party in 2012.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Well, at least we know what our social security money went to pay for now. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.