FCC to hurt the poor on broadband some more

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

FCC to hurt the poor on broadband some more

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.wired.com/story/ajit-pais-p ... or-people/

Fucktard Asshole Fucktarded Asshole is at it again. I hate I loath that little weasel.
Data from Pew Research shows that a little over half of American adults with household incomes under $30,000 have a home broadband connection, and one in three have a smartphone.

This is why in 2016, the FCC modernized the Lifeline program, which gives low-income Americans a monthly $9.25 subsidy for communications services.

Created during the Reagan administration and expanded during George W. Bush's presidency, Lifeline historically applied only to landline, and then mobile, phone service. The 2016 FCC modernization established structures for more efficient administration and mechanisms to spur competition among providers. It mandated the creation of a National Lifeline Eligibility Verifier system to ensure that only those eligible to receive Lifeline do so. And it carefully began to shift the Lifeline subsidy to include broadband internet access.
These efforts elicited vociferous dissent from then-commissioner, now FCC chair Ajit Pai, who has portrayed the Lifeline program and the people who benefit from it as hopelessly corrupt. Now he is proposing to make changes that will, for all intents and purposes, destroy the program. He aims to severely reduce both the supply of and demand for Lifeline-supported services.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Re: FCC to hurt the poor on broadband some more

Post by KDH »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm .... He aims to severely reduce both the supply of and demand for Lifeline-supported services.

That little bastard is gonna kill the poor !! :grund:
Ain't nobody got time for that
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: FCC to hurt the poor on broadband some more

Post by ImLawBoy »

Moving to R&P
That's my purse! I don't know you!