Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Post Reply
User avatar
pr0ner
Posts: 14563
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Contact:

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by pr0ner » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:59 pm

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm
...charged... defrauded a bank by using phony tax returns to obtain millions of dollars in loans.
Manafort, Trump, Avenatti. Three have done, two have been charged...
I am sure that is part of why we may never see Trump's tax returns.
Hodor.

User avatar
stessier
Posts: 24663
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:30 pm
Location: SC

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by stessier » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:03 pm

I can't wait for this week's episode of All the President's Lawyers! Last week Avenatti called Ken and yelled at him and nearly every week Ken has to field the question "Is Avenatti a good lawyer?" :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles

User avatar
pr0ner
Posts: 14563
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Contact:

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by pr0ner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 am

36 counts for Avenatti in California!

Hodor.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 40313
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Smoove_B » Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Avenatti charged by the feds with defrauding Stormy Daniels:
Michael Avenatti, the attorney who rocketed to fame through his representation of porn star Stormy Daniels in her battles with President Donald Trump, was charged Wednesday with ripping her off.

Federal prosecutors in New York City say Avenatti used a doctored document to divert about $300,000 that Daniels was supposed to get from a book deal, then used the money for personal and business expenses. Only half of that money was paid back, prosecutors said.

Daniels isn’t named in the court filing, but the details of the case, including the date her book was released, make it clear that she is the client involved.

Avenatti denied the allegations on Twitter.

User avatar
Kurth
Posts: 3338
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Portland

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Kurth » Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 am

No surprise there. Good riddance. Scumbag from the get go.
The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it -- John Gilmore

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Respected magazine writer accuses Trump of raping her 23 years ago.
When Carroll meets Donald Trump in Bergdorf Goodman, the encounter starts as a friendly one. Trump recognizes her as “that advice lady”; Carroll recognizes him as “that real-estate tycoon.” Trump tells Carroll that he’s there to buy a gift for “a girl,” and though we don’t learn the identity of this mystery woman, Carroll places the ensuing incident in late 1995 or early 1996, during which time Trump was married to Marla Maples. When Trump asks Carroll to advise him on what to buy, she agrees, and the two eventually make their way to the lingerie section. Trump suggests a lace bodysuit and encourages Carroll to try it on; she, deflecting, jokingly suggests that he try it on instead. After they reach the dressing rooms, events turn violent. In Carroll’s account, Trump shoves her against a wall inside a dressing room, pulls down her tights, and, “forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me.”
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator
Posts: 46843
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: Urbs in Horto, where we only use the old smilies

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by LawBeefaroni » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:53 pm

He didn't do it. He has a calendar. She's a bitch. He's president, she is just some old writer.

Moving on...
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT

stimpy
Posts: 3952
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by stimpy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
Respected magazine writer accuses Trump of raping her 23 years ago.
When Carroll meets Donald Trump in Bergdorf Goodman, the encounter starts as a friendly one. Trump recognizes her as “that advice lady”; Carroll recognizes him as “that real-estate tycoon.” Trump tells Carroll that he’s there to buy a gift for “a girl,” and though we don’t learn the identity of this mystery woman, Carroll places the ensuing incident in late 1995 or early 1996, during which time Trump was married to Marla Maples. When Trump asks Carroll to advise him on what to buy, she agrees, and the two eventually make their way to the lingerie section. Trump suggests a lace bodysuit and encourages Carroll to try it on; she, deflecting, jokingly suggests that he try it on instead. After they reach the dressing rooms, events turn violent. In Carroll’s account, Trump shoves her against a wall inside a dressing room, pulls down her tights, and, “forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me.”
Wow....her recollection is so crystal clear and full of detail. She can even pinpoint the incident within a 6 month period!!!!
I do appreciate the not so subtle dig at his junk though.....makes her story all that more believable......
It makes my dookie twinkle.

User avatar
LordMortis
Posts: 61301
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:26 pm

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by LordMortis » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm

stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 pm
Wow....her recollection is so crystal clear and full of detail. She can even pinpoint the incident within a 6 month period!!!!
I do appreciate the not so subtle dig at his junk though.....makes her story all that more believable......
I don't know her story or that kind of trauma but what you read as six months, I read as probably two months or less. late one year, early the next suggest December or January, February at the latest. I read her saying it was winter and that's about how well my sense for time goes as well. For my memory that's not an unreasonable jump, even with horrible events. Though I have no frame of reference for physical abuse.

I can't but feel I would also make all my statements in to attacks if I was violated.

None of that means her story is true but nothing there leads me to doubt either. Especially given the consistency with POtuS own words and arrogance.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37595321

stimpy
Posts: 3952
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by stimpy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 pm

LordMortis wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm
stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 pm
Wow....her recollection is so crystal clear and full of detail. She can even pinpoint the incident within a 6 month period!!!!
I do appreciate the not so subtle dig at his junk though.....makes her story all that more believable......
I don't know her story or that kind of trauma but what you read as six months, I read as probably two months or less. late one year, early the next suggest December or January, February at the latest. I read her saying it was winter and that's about how well my sense for time goes as well. For my memory that's not an unreasonable jump, even with horrible events. Though I have no frame of reference for physical abuse.

I can't but feel I would also make all my statements in to attacks if I was violated.

None of that means her story is true but nothing there leads me to doubt either. Especially given the consistency with POtuS own words and arrogance.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37595321
Well...when you wait 23 years to say anything, details tend to get muddy.
It makes my dookie twinkle.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:19 pm

LordMortis wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm
stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 pm
Wow....her recollection is so crystal clear and full of detail. She can even pinpoint the incident within a 6 month period!!!!
I do appreciate the not so subtle dig at his junk though.....makes her story all that more believable......
I don't know her story or that kind of trauma but what you read as six months, I read as probably two months or less. late one year, early the next suggest December or January, February at the latest. I read her saying it was winter and that's about how well my sense for time goes as well. For my memory that's not an unreasonable jump, even with horrible events. Though I have no frame of reference for physical abuse.
If I'd been even, say, violently mugged in my 20s, I'm pretty sure i'd be able to recall the season and year it happened even here at 50.

She's not claiming that this is a recovered memory or something.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:26 pm

stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 pm
Well...when you wait 23 years to say anything, details tend to get muddy.
Did I report it to the police?

No.

Did I tell anyone about it?

Yes. I told two close friends. The first, a journalist, magazine writer, correspondent on the TV morning shows, author of many books, etc., begged me to go to the police.

“He raped you,” she kept repeating when I called her. “He raped you. Go to the police! I’ll go with you. We’ll go together.”

My second friend is also a journalist, a New York anchorwoman. She grew very quiet when I told her, then she grasped both my hands in her own and said, “Tell no one. Forget it! He has 200 lawyers. He’ll bury you.” (Two decades later, both still remember the incident clearly and confirmed their accounts to New York.)
Why haven’t I “come forward” before now?

Receiving death threats, being driven from my home, being dismissed, being dragged through the mud, and joining the 15 women who’ve come forward with credible stories about how the man grabbed, badgered, belittled, mauled, molested, and assaulted them, only to see the man turn it around, deny, threaten, and attack them, never sounded like much fun. Also, I am a coward.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

stimpy
Posts: 3952
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by stimpy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:26 pm
stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 pm
Well...when you wait 23 years to say anything, details tend to get muddy.
Did I report it to the police?

No.

Did I tell anyone about it?

Yes. I told two close friends. The first, a journalist, magazine writer, correspondent on the TV morning shows, author of many books, etc., begged me to go to the police.

“He raped you,” she kept repeating when I called her. “He raped you. Go to the police! I’ll go with you. We’ll go together.”

My second friend is also a journalist, a New York anchorwoman. She grew very quiet when I told her, then she grasped both my hands in her own and said, “Tell no one. Forget it! He has 200 lawyers. He’ll bury you.” (Two decades later, both still remember the incident clearly and confirmed their accounts to New York.)
Why haven’t I “come forward” before now?

Receiving death threats, being driven from my home, being dismissed, being dragged through the mud, and joining the 15 women who’ve come forward with credible stories about how the man grabbed, badgered, belittled, mauled, molested, and assaulted them, only to see the man turn it around, deny, threaten, and attack them, never sounded like much fun. Also, I am a coward.
Oh....and I have a book about to be published.
It makes my dookie twinkle.

malchior
Posts: 9224
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 pm

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by malchior » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:19 pm
LordMortis wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm
stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 pm
Wow....her recollection is so crystal clear and full of detail. She can even pinpoint the incident within a 6 month period!!!!
I do appreciate the not so subtle dig at his junk though.....makes her story all that more believable......
I don't know her story or that kind of trauma but what you read as six months, I read as probably two months or less. late one year, early the next suggest December or January, February at the latest. I read her saying it was winter and that's about how well my sense for time goes as well. For my memory that's not an unreasonable jump, even with horrible events. Though I have no frame of reference for physical abuse.
If I'd been even, say, violently mugged in my 20s, I'm pretty sure i'd be able to recall the season and year it happened even here at 50.

She's not claiming that this is a recovered memory or something.
Yep. People have varying reactions to traumatic events. Some forget details and some remember every detail. I do not see that or the timing of the release with a book to be all that damning. Unless someone can explain why her friends are potentially falsely corroborating the account this sounds fairly credible. I also have to wonder how many women have to come forward about this guy without the bullshit doubt seeping in?

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Holman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:33 am

stimpy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Oh....and I have a book about to be published.
Well, this story and others of a similar nature ARE the book. The Trump revelation is an excerpt from it.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Holman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Trump claims his accusers have been paid to slander him.

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator
Posts: 46843
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: Urbs in Horto, where we only use the old smilies

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by LawBeefaroni » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Well, I'm convinced.

Plus, if anyone knows anything about paying women to say/not say things, it's that man.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Holman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3582
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by em2nought » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:10 am

At least in Stormy's case she'll be able to pay Trump's lawyer fees back one dollar at a time. :mrgreen:
Enlarge Image
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

User avatar
Skinypupy
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Pac-12 Country

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Skinypupy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Trump denies rape allegations against him by stating "First, she's not my type."
In an exclusive interview with The Hill, the president vehemently denied the allegations just hours after Carroll detailed the alleged incident during a cable news interview.


“I’ll say it with great respect: Number one, she’s not my type. Number two, it never happened. It never happened, OK?” the president said while seated behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.
As always, deplorable wasn't nearly a strong enough word for this pig of a human being.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3582
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by em2nought » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Trump denies rape allegations against him by stating "First, she's not my type."
In an exclusive interview with The Hill, the president vehemently denied the allegations just hours after Carroll detailed the alleged incident during a cable news interview.


“I’ll say it with great respect: Number one, she’s not my type. Number two, it never happened. It never happened, OK?” the president said while seated behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.
As always, deplorable wasn't nearly a strong enough word for this pig of a human being.
She's definitely not my type either. :wink:
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

User avatar
Skinypupy
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Pac-12 Country

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Skinypupy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Well, thank you for reminding everyone - yet again - what a truly detestable human being you are as well, I guess.

Trumps comment is a telling (if unsurprising) look into how his mind works, given that rape has very little to do with attraction and far more to do with power and control.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3582
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by em2nought » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:02 am

Skinypupy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 pm
Well, thank you for reminding everyone - yet again - what a truly detestable human being you are as well, I guess.
What? You think I didn't just purposely hand you that one? :roll:
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 62567
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Offline

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:00 am

hepcat wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 pm
Stormy was arrested on false charges by some pretty corrupt cops in Columbus not that long ago. Those cops are under investigation for that and some other stuff.
CNN
Five Columbus, Ohio, police officers face disciplinary measures in connection with the July 2018 arrest of Stormy Daniels at a local club, police said Wednesday.

"Chief Tom Quinlan made this decision because these officers violated the Columbus Division of Police rules of conduct," police said in a news release without specifying the violations or naming the officers, all members of the now disbanded vice section.

The officers may face a reprimand, suspension, demotion or termination, the release said. Quinlan will make a recommendation, and the director of public safety will make the final decision based on that.

Police charged Daniels with three misdemeanor counts of illegally touching a patron at the Sirens Gentlemen's Club. She was detained for 12 hours, posted $6,054 bail and was released.

The charges were dropped because the law did not apply to her as she was a guest performer and did not regularly appear at the club, the Columbus city attorney said at the time.
...
The department said it won't give out any more information because of pending litigation and a federal criminal investigation.

User avatar
Pyperkub
Posts: 19303
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: NC- that's Northern California
Contact:

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Pyperkub » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Summer Zervos lawsuit moving forward slowly:
Zervos is suing Trump for allegedly defaming her by denying a sexual assault. During the last presidential election, as Trump was under fire for boasting to Access Hollywood's Billy Bush about grabbing women's genitals, Zervos was one of many women to come forward to accuse him of repeatedly touching her, groping her and kissing her against her will. "I never met her at a hotel," responded Trump, who added that allegations from his accusers were "100 percent fabricated and made-up charges, pushed strongly by the media and the Clinton campaign."

Trump couldn't prevent the lawsuit from moving forward. In response to the argument that the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution barred a sitting president from being sued in state court, the judge responded that "no one is above the law."

Now the case is headed to the home stretch and perhaps a trial right in the midst of the 2020 election. The judge has also ordered parties involved in the case to undergo deposition by Dec. 6. At a hearing earlier in the week, Trump was directed to provide four potential dates for his deposition.

While discovery is a couple months away from finishing, there are some interim disputes.
"Plaintiff reported Defendant’s assaults to family members and close friends immediately after they occurred and then again over the years," states a memorandum. "She confronted Defendant about his inappropriate behavior, both in a phone call shortly after the assaults and in an email sent through his secretary Rhona Graff in April 2016. Plaintiff also considered taking more formal legal action with respect to Defendant many years ago and in fact reached out to multiple lawyers back in 2011, including to Gloria Allred, whose records reflect that contact."

There's more.

"Plaintiff also contacted Fox News in August 2015 and reported that Defendant had 'invited me to a hotel room under the guise of working for him' but had instead acted inappropriately toward her," continues the memorandum. "The fact that Plaintiff sought legal counsel in 2011 and spoke about this to others including a news organization — years before the events of 2016 at issue in this case — strongly supports the inference that her core narrative is true."
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 62567
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Offline

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:04 pm

WaPo
More than a decade ago, Donald Trump made phone calls from his cellphone to a former candidate on “The Apprentice” around the same time that she says he sexually assaulted her, according to phone records made public Tuesday.

The excerpts from Trump’s Verizon cellphone bills over a three-month period in 2007 and 2008 show that Trump exchanged calls with Summer Zervos on at least six occasions, including on a day that Trump’s private calendar has shown that he was staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

That hotel stay is a key part of Zervos’s defamation lawsuit against Trump in New York State Supreme Court. Zervos says that Trump forced himself on her with unwanted kissing and groping while she visited him for lunch in his hotel room.

The phone records “corroborate [Zervos’s] account of the sexual assaults with even more granularity and with a degree of precision that [Zervos] could not have known were she not telling the truth about those interactions when she spoke publicly about them before this case was filed,” her lawyer, Mariann Wang, said in a court filing. Zervos’s legal team released the records Tuesday.

User avatar
pr0ner
Posts: 14563
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Contact:

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by pr0ner » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:34 am

This should be interesting.

Hodor.

Post Reply