Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Skinypupy »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:02 pm It doesn't matter to the world at large. I'd like to think that stuff like this is chipping away at the Republican base, one piece at a time, but anyone left at this point is left because they prefer fantasy to facts, so more facts aren't going to sway them.
It's more than that though. Most of them seem to be actively encouraging and applauding it, simply because it isn't "politics as usual" (which is debatable...it's just usually not this out in the open) and because it pisses the rest of us off.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I want Miss Weather around because she obviously makes Drumpf uncomfortable, and that's something we need more of. He's unbelievably shameless. I have no idea why this matters to him, but it does, and that's good enough reason to keep her around.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:28 pm I want Miss Weather around because she obviously makes Drumpf uncomfortable, and that's something we need more of. He's unbelievably shameless. I have no idea why this matters to him, but it does, and that's good enough reason to keep her around.
Now that I can agree with. His awkward silence has been entertaining.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

My point in why the payment matters is that it shows the current POTUS is willing to cave in to pressure - to pay off those who may embarrass him publicly. What happens when another nation *cough*Russia*cough* has similar information? What will he give them?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Which is still something that I'd come to take for granted. At most it further confirms what we already knew about Trump's character.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

President Trump Asks Judge to Force Stormy Daniels Suit Into Arbitration
President Donald Trump joined his personal attorney on Monday in asking a federal judge to order into arbitration a lawsuit filed by his alleged former mistress, a move that would put the proceedings behind closed doors rather than in front of a jury.

“This motion seeks to enforce the arbitration provision in the Settlement Agreement,” submitted Brent Blakely, the lawyer representing Michael Cohen, himself representing President Trump. “The strong policy favoring arbitration set forth by Congress in the Federal Arbitration Act (‘FAA’) dictates that this motion be granted.”

The new court filing also notified U.S. District Court Judge James Otero that “Defendant Donald J. Trump hereby joins in defendant Essential Consultants, LLC’s motion to compel arbitration.” Essential Consultants, LLC is the name of the Delaware-based shell corporation through which Cohen passed $130,000 in October 2016, for which adult film star Stephanie Clifford—better known as Stormy Daniels, her professional name—exchanged her silence about an alleged affair with Trump in 2006.

Daniels’ attorney, Michael Avenatti, tweeted that he will “vigorously oppose” the motion, which he described as an attempt to have the proceedings “hidden from the American public.”
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Moliere wrote:President Trump Asks Judge to Force Stormy Daniels Suit Into Arbitration
President Donald Trump joined his personal attorney on Monday in asking a federal judge to order into arbitration a lawsuit filed by his alleged former mistress, a move that would put the proceedings behind closed doors rather than in front of a jury.

“This motion seeks to enforce the arbitration provision in the Settlement Agreement,” submitted Brent Blakely, the lawyer representing Michael Cohen, himself representing President Trump. “The strong policy favoring arbitration set forth by Congress in the Federal Arbitration Act (‘FAA’) dictates that this motion be granted.”

The new court filing also notified U.S. District Court Judge James Otero that “Defendant Donald J. Trump hereby joins in defendant Essential Consultants, LLC’s motion to compel arbitration.” Essential Consultants, LLC is the name of the Delaware-based shell corporation through which Cohen passed $130,000 in October 2016, for which adult film star Stephanie Clifford—better known as Stormy Daniels, her professional name—exchanged her silence about an alleged affair with Trump in 2006.

Daniels’ attorney, Michael Avenatti, tweeted that he will “vigorously oppose” the motion, which he described as an attempt to have the proceedings “hidden from the American public.”
He only has standing if he's a signatory to the contract, which will likely make the contract illegal.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Trump’s One-Night Stand Turns Into a Legal Nightmare
Mr. Cohen and Mr. Trump’s troubles in the hush agreement case are of their own making. First, Mr. Cohen insisted, through his lawyer, that the president was never aware of the agreement and that Mr. Cohen acted wholly on his own. Then, speaking briefly to reporters on Air Force One last Thursday, Mr. Trump, echoing Mr. Cohen, said that he knew nothing about the arrangement. In saying so, he walked directly into the buzz saw of the legal position of Ms. Daniels and her attorney, Michael Avenatti.

The hush agreement identified Mr. Trump as a party and required him to do a number of things. But since he insists he didn’t know about the agreement, there’s no way he could have entered into it. Moreover, Mr. Trump’s avowed cluelessness implies that Mr. Cohen induced Ms. Daniels to sign the agreement through fraud — a lie about Mr. Trump’s performance of reciprocal obligations. Both of these circumstances invalidate the hush agreement’s very formation under basic contract law principles.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hilarious.

I don't know why he doesn't just own it like he did the "pussy grabbing" comments. His base seem to celebrate that kind of behaviour. Don't call them deplorable though. Also, emails.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:56 am Don't call them deplorable though.
We don't mind being called deplorable at all. Calling us deplorables is what cost you know who the race after all. Exposing what she really thinks about the average joe, you'd think she'd have been smarter than that. :wink: For all the dumb, fumbling stuff Trump can say, he still can't top that one. :mrgreen:
Stop funding for NPR
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:55 pm
We don't mind being called deplorable at all. Calling us deplorables is what cost you know who the race after all. Exposing what she really thinks about the average joe, you'd think she'd have been smarter than that. :wink: For all the dumb, fumbling stuff Trump can say, he still can't top that one. :mrgreen:
FYI, the "deplorables" were specifically the racist, misogynist element of Trump's support. It was not used to identify all of Trump's support. If you identify as a deplorable, you are self-identifying with the racist, misogynist element of Trump's support.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I agree, Clinton calling out the deplorables for what they are backfired, which should have been an obvious result for someone with her experience. I absolutely cringed when she did it, but not because it wasn't true.

Taking pride in actually being deplorable though, is something else entirely. If nothing else, it means you're a shitty person, whatever your political leanings. If you're comfortable with the label, then you're a shitty person. If you're a shitty person and willing to acknowledge the fact, well, they say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Good luck with that.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 pm
FYI, the "deplorables" were specifically the racist, misogynist element of Trump's support. It was not used to identify all of Trump's support. If you identify as a deplorable, you are self-identifying with the racist, misogynist element of Trump's support.
I don't recall her quantifying that at the time she said it, seemed she lumped everyone who dares oppose her in that proverbial "basket". It was a mistake of epic proportion.

I wonder what would have happened if Bernie had been allowed to win? :think:
Stop funding for NPR
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll just remind you that more Americans wanted a President Clinton than wanted a President Drumpf.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm I don't recall her quantifying that at the time she said it, seemed she lumped everyone who dares oppose her in that proverbial "basket". It was a mistake of epic proportion.
If only there was a way to find out what she actually said.
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

“Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well,” she said.
So, given this information, would you still classify yourself as a "deplorable"?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 pm
I don't recall her quantifying that at the time she said it, seemed she lumped everyone who dares oppose her in that proverbial "basket". It was a mistake of epic proportion.

I wonder what would have happened if Bernie had been allowed to win? :think:
I'm shocked - shocked - to find out that you're a low information voter.
Hillary wrote:You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

But the other basket -- and I know this because I see friends from all over America here -- I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas -- as well as, you know, New York and California -- but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.
Source
That's my purse! I don't know you!
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm I'll just remind you that more Americans wanted a President Clinton than wanted a President Drumpf.
Where there is smoke, there must be some fire. :wink: https://www.google.com/search?q=dead+vo ... 80&bih=906
Stop funding for NPR
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Listen, the rest of us *usually* don't throw out random talking points with no basis in fact.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop doing it as well.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 pm Where there is smoke, there must be some fire.
There must be a damn inferno surrounding Trump.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Moliere wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:20 pm
em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm I don't recall her quantifying that at the time she said it, seemed she lumped everyone who dares oppose her in that proverbial "basket". It was a mistake of epic proportion.
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

So, given this information, would you still classify yourself as a "deplorable"?
I will admit to being Islamaphobic, but I disagree on that making me a "bad guy"
Stop funding for NPR
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Of course you don't. That's the beauty of a Drumpf presidency. You can say the first and believe the second, out loud, in public, without an ounce of shame.

Finally, somebody gave deplorables the confidence to be deplorable in public, something America has been working against since the 60's. On the plus side, it won't last, and deplorables will have to climb back under their rocks while the grown ups take care of the country.

I'd like to point out that Bush come out AGAINST Islamophobia immediately after 9/11 happened. The Republican party is not your party. You don't have a party. You have a president, but presidents come and go (in this case, possibly to jail).

What are you going to do when Drumpf is gone? Go back to fuming about all the ways you've been wronged by people who don't look like you? Was that a fun way to live before?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:27 pm

I will admit to being Islamaphobic, but I disagree on that making me a "bad guy"
Oh, it absolutely does. But I have no doubt you'll continue to tell yourself otherwise while continuing to justify your prejudice.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

em2nought wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:27 pm

That makes you a bad guy.
Hodor.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

We're supposed to be getting a composite sketch today of the person who threatened Stormy, along with the offer of a reward.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's Eric!
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Why does CNN - Anderson Cooper in particular - continue to have Michael Avenatti on to bloviate on how stupid and wimpy Michael Cohen is? It’s just so undignified. And what the hell is a purse puppy? I refuse to google it.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Enough

Post by Enough »

So it's being reported by the WSJ that Cohen also arranged for a $1.6 million dollar payment to yet another former playboy model, this time to keep quiet about being impregnated by a Elliott Broidy. WTF is going on in the Republican party people? Both Cohen and Broidy are deputy finance chairmen of the RNC.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 1390896128
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

WSJ is paywalled for me but TheHill quoted them with this
“At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period," he added.
Which to me sounds like the the chair of the group who want to keep the supreme court stacked to make abortions illegal paid someone 1.6 million dollars to wipe all evidence of their relationship by killing their life begins at conception baby.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Since my last post, Broidy has admitted it (consensually fathering the child and paying for the abortion) and has resigned as deputy chairman- but Cohen remains as deputy chairman of the RNC which itself continues to sit on a small fortune of Wynn and Broidy gotten icky funds. When will the GOP chairwoman react to Wynn's abhorrent behavior and return the money?
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Then and now.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I'd bet that this feels very familiar to her....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What, the stumpy orange one?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I'm sure she does not discriminate.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

And seriously, Mr Lawyer dude totally strikes me as the kind of lawyer who has this: http://wgntv.com/2018/04/10/lawsuit-dis ... ls-tossed/ walk into his office and thinks.....all those years of law school are finally gonna pay off!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stimpy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm I'd bet that this feels very familiar to her....
She has more balls than the entire Congress. Shown up by a porn star. Bravo, you useless gaggle of enablers.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stimpy wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm I'd bet that this feels very familiar to her....
Enlarge Image
FTFY
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Unagi wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:57 pm
Enlarge Image
FTFY
I thought I accidentally did that one time at the movie theater. Should have seen me jump. My date and buddy wondered what was wrong, but I was too embarrassed to say what I thought had happened. lol
Stop funding for NPR
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lawsplainer: Michael Cohen's Attempt To Delay The Stormy Daniels Litigation
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The sketch Stormy Daniels had made of the guy that threatened her has been released:

Black Lives Matter