RIP Representative Louise Slaughter

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

RIP Representative Louise Slaughter

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Hill
Rep. Louise Slaughter (N.Y.), the top Democrat on the House Rules Committee, has died at age 88, her office announced Friday.
Slaughter had been hospitalized after suffering a concussion in her home, her office said earlier this week.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: RIP Representative Louise Slaughter

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Slaughter had been hospitalized after suffering a concussion in her home, her office said earlier this week.
Not to make light of her passing, but given the current political climate, I picture something like this:

:grund:

It's a big loss in that she was a microbiologist and also had background in public health. Actual science is rare on Capitol Hill.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Remus West

Re: RIP Representative Louise Slaughter

Post by Remus West »

I actually thought about the possibility she had been "removed".

Sad that I'm in that place mentally and that our political situation continues to push me there.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken