Boise stabbings

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Boise stabbings

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He has an extensive criminal history spanning multiple states, including a prison sentence in Kentucky, Chief Bones said.

Court records show that a Timmy Kinner born in 1988 has faced multiple charges in Tennessee in recent years, and since 2012 has been convicted of assault, aggravated assault, a weapon offense and unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
Convictions in the past 6 years of assault, aggravated assault, erc. Am I crazy to think that he should not have been walking free? Or at least should have been under some tight parole?

Here's the result:
The man, identified as Timmy Earl Kinner, 30, returned to the complex, the Wylie Street Station Apartments, a day after he was asked to leave the property because of his behavior, William L. Bones, the police chief in Boise, Idaho, said at a news conference on Sunday.

Mr. Kinner began attacking the children with a knife around 8:45 p.m., said Chief Bones, who was visibly emotional as he described a scene of victims scattered across the apartment complex, in the street and on the walkway.

Among the victims, he said, were the 3-year-old who was celebrating her birthday, two 4-year-olds, a 6-year-old, an 8-year-old and a 12-year-old. The three other victims were adults who tried to intervene. Four victims received life-threatening injuries.

He said his 11-year-old brother had witnessed the stabbing from an apartment window. “He saw it all,” Mr. Mahamoud said. “Just this guy grabbing the little kid and stabbing him with a knife then putting him down on the ground then hitting another kid with the knife.”
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Freyland

Re: Boise stabbings

Post by Freyland »

I'm seeing babies in the hospital right now. Newborns. Trying to wrap my head around the image of someone stabbing them. Now I want to puke.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
gameoverman

Re: Boise stabbings

Post by gameoverman »

The 'affluenza' guy killed four people, and maimed others, and he didn't get any time for those crimes...in Texas which is supposedly tough on crime. I don't think we can claim to have a system that serves public safety first. It's more prosecution vs defense, with that particular case outcome determined by that fight, not by questions of 'maybe this guy is a danger and needs to be locked up'.

For instance, if in 2012 he was charged and convicted of all those things, would I still expect to see him in prison in 2018? For assault? No. There are a lot of guys like him around. Continually committing crimes, occasionally getting busted. Go to jail or prison for a short time, come out, rinse repeat. It's only when/if they raise the level of their crime to something like killing kids that they get put away for good. The good news is that not all those guys ever do more serious crimes. Like most people, they develop a comfort zone and stick to it. Every once in a while there's one that goes off the deep end.