For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Put the Cell Phone down NOW!

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Well, this is great. :roll:

Enlarge Image

It might look like a bulky old-generation square iPhone to most people, police included, but the device in the image above is a weapon. One that actually works, and one that could have people fooled.

The Ideal Conceal, which we told you about last March, is a .380 caliber handgun that’s currently available for preorder. The gun is supposed to “hide in plain sight” and become “virtually undetectable,” according to the Minnesota-based company that makes it.

Enlarge Image

FWIW, I wouldn't carry one as a 3rd backup if I got it for free. These things look awful and are a dangerous gimmick.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Re: Put the Cell Phone down NOW!

Post by malchior »

This seems pretty irresponsible. A derringer that looks like a phone? What could go wrong.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It just became much more dangerous to film police activity.

Coincidence, I'm sure.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

That weapon should not be legal.

Congratulations to the manufacturer, who just insured that police will start shooting even more innocent black people who happen to be holding a cell phone at the wrong angle.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also, I assume that a significant number of users (who will hopefully be small in number) will wind up shooting themselves in the leg, quite literally.
Black Lives Matter.