Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

The Elizabeth Warren Sideshow

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

The Elizabeth Warren Sideshow

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Silver - 3k

People who are wrong often get mad at people who are right. (I have surprisingly never been shot.) (h/t Kevin Underhill, Lowering the Bar)

Octavious

Re: The Elizabeth Warren Sideshow

Post by Octavious » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:40 pm

I hate to say it, but that one is pretty damn clever. :lol: And yes I know Trump didn't come up with it.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

gilraen

Post by gilraen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:06 pm

For the President to tweet that is beyond the pale, but it's not like anyone is surprised at this point.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Irrespective of POTUS being a tool and showing it with that tweet, I had to admit I ran off to google the daily wire pics and memes posts, which he is advertising, expecting to see him bed with overt jackholes and they're very mild and at first glance and don't cross any lines from funny to jackassery much less distasteful. There are a few :roll: but then who doesn't have a few :roll: in their closets.

Octavious

Post by Octavious » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm

gilraen wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:06 pm
For the President to tweet that is beyond the pale, but it's not like anyone is surprised at this point.
I've pretty much given up. Nothing is going to change his supporters minds and I don't see the repubs smacking him down. I just hope it doesn't take decades to recover from this idiot. if ever...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

malchior

Post by malchior » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Octavious wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm
gilraen wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:06 pm
I've pretty much given up. Nothing is going to change his supporters minds and I don't see the repubs smacking him down. I just hope it doesn't take decades to recover from this idiot. if ever...
The worst thing is that Trump is like a localized tumor of a metastasized cancer. The tumor might kill you itself. However, if you get rid of it, you still have the rest of the cancer to deal with still.