Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

The John Delaney Sideshow

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

The John Delaney Sideshow

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:07 pm

WBUR
"I think the central issue facing this country is how deeply divided we are — you know, where American has been increasingly pitted against American. And I think if this continues, these divisions we have in this country, we're looking at a future where every political disagreement is met with some form of violent protests, where we're in a world where we're completely incapable of actually getting anything done because no one can actually come together and agree on anything or find common ground. So I think the central issue facing this country is how do we take this terribly divided nation and bring it back together. And that's why I'm running."
Silver - 2k

Autobots and Starfleet officers — we fight together!

Fitzy

Re: The John Delaney Sideshow

Post by Fitzy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm

I suspect he gets a lot of “who?” votes in the polling. I’m really curious why he is running, or more accurately, why he thinks he has a chance.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:13 pm

As a former US Rep, at least he's on the national stage. No, over there. In the back. By the ficus. He was a Rep for six years for Maryland.
Silver - 2k

Autobots and Starfleet officers — we fight together!

Fitzy

Post by Fitzy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:13 pm
As a former US Rep, at least he's on the national stage. No, over there. In the back. By the ficus. He was a Rep for six years for Maryland.
Yeah he was my Rep until we moved into the other weirdly shaped district here. I said it earlier, I should be lining up to volunteer for him, but I get a creepy vibe from the guy that I can’t shake and can’t figure out. The only thing I can think of is that he reminds me of someone else I can’t think of. Totally unfair I know and Fireball said he’s a nice guy so 🤷🏻‍♂️

On the other hand, I know who he is, so that puts me ahead of everyone else not in Maryland and/or a political nerd. :D

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Is his wife named Bonnie?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Fitzy wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm
I suspect he gets a lot of “who?” votes in the polling.
Got one from me.

I consider myself at least marginally informed on US politics, and had no idea who he was.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Jaymann wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Is his wife named Bonnie?
I was thinking Dana.

And more or less, more toward more, count me in the who column. If you ask me to name three facts about him. I can give you east coast congressman. That counts for two, right? And man makes three!

That's not a bad thing. I didn't know who Beto was until this last cycle either and I have a general positive attitude toward him now. He has to make an effort to disclose and amenable to finding out who he is. Otherwise, it's wait until debate season where I still "root" for Merkley, whom much of nation would say "who" to.