RBG: 55 days and counting

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

em2nought

RBG: 55 days and counting

Post by em2nought »

Mainstream media was questioning Melania's whereabouts after just twenty days.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/politics ... index.html
Stop funding for NPR
Moliere

Re: RBG: 55 days and counting

Post by Moliere »

What do they know?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Weekend at Ruthie's?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

RBG is a flipping genius. How she brought gender equality into being partially via an Oklahoma beer law case (women could buy beer at 18 but men had to wait until 21) with an all-male Supreme Court is truly an example of her GOAT status. She's a crafty one. Oh and if anything ever does happen to her, I propose we start a new thread for that and leave this one for the silly/brain dead conspiracies that are birthed form the circles OP runs around in. Gorka is pushing this meme hard if that tells you anything lol.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Holman

Post by Holman »

There's some brain-dead right-wing media figure (I forget who) trying his best to push the RBG-is-dead meme. No surprise that it shows up here along this local avenue.

If Ginsberg were dead, it would be the biggest story and ratings/clicks/views driver in months. The idea that it could be kept secret for five minutes is ludicrous.

You'd have to be feverishly into conspiracy theories to believe otherwise.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:55 pm There's some brain-dead right-wing media figure (I forget who) trying his best to push the RBG-is-dead meme. No surprise that it shows up here along this local avenue.

If Ginsberg were dead, it would be the biggest story and ratings/clicks/views driver in months. The idea that it could be kept secret for five minutes is ludicrous.

I was pretty sure this was an em2n thread as soon as I saw the title :)

Edit, and of course it started with the Pizza-Gate liars:
Trump Allies Think Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is Hiding or Dead. It Started on QAnon.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Are Supreme Court Justices given to high-profile public appearances?

I assume the OP thread title refers to 55 days since... something. But the last time I saw footage of Supreme Court justices was Trump's 2018 SOTU, where only Roberts, Breyer, Kagan, and Gorsuch showed up.

Is Clarence Thomas dead? He's dead, isn't he? Why aren't they telling us he's dead??
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:55 pm There's some brain-dead right-wing media figure (I forget who) trying his best to push the RBG-is-dead meme. No surprise that it shows up here along this local avenue.

The aforementioned Gorka is the one really pimping this.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

em2nought wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 pm Mainstream media was questioning Melania's whereabouts after just twenty days.
24 hour cable news do sometimes tend to make big deals out of nothing in their need have a "story" to fill air time.
I'm sure you'll remember though, Melania did just kind of disappear. We also have a pretty good idea of where and what RGB is doing. Though not widely reported, she is known to be recovering from cancer surgery.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The graphic and this whole meme is a slow-burn 'get out the vote' for the Trump Base. Make her spot on the bench the entire reason people are willing to keep voting for Trump.

I'm convinced that Fox actually plays that graphic in subliminal-flashes from time to time, and the big slip wasn't that the graphic found it's way on screen, it's that it was on screen for so long it was overt.

(only half kidding)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 pm Mainstream media was questioning Melania's whereabouts after just twenty days.
Well, we knew where Melania was as soon as we realized the pool boy at Mar-a-Lago was also missing during that time. Plus, no one really gave a shit about Melania. RBG however is actually an accomplished woman who made a name for herself through hard work and intelligence. Not by being a gold digger.
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 pm
Well, we knew where Melania was as soon as we realized the pool boy at Mar-a-Lago was also missing during that time. Plus, no one really gave a shit about Melania. RBG however is actually an accomplished woman who made a name for herself through hard work and intelligence. Not by being a gold digger.
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Linda Hunt is leaving NCIS Los Angeles for a real life modern day Prisoner of Zenda role.
Enlarge Image
Stop funding for NPR
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

she really scares people like you, doesn’t she?

That’s great. I hope she lives to 200 and gives deplorables nightmares for a long time. :mrgreen:
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Stop funding for NPR
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

em2nought wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 am There she is, tough old bird. :wink:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/04/ ... r-surgery/
So in conclusion. You were mocking this woman's recovery from cancer surgery? Right on man. Nicely played. :horse:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:11 pm
em2nought wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 am There she is, tough old bird. :wink:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/04/ ... r-surgery/
So in conclusion. You were mocking this woman's recovery from cancer surgery? Right on man. Nicely played. :horse:
Actually, I thought that since I saw the news that RBG had made an appearance you guys might be happy to read it. :naughty:

Think what you want. :roll:
Stop funding for NPR
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Glad she's recovering. Hope she is doing well.

Also side note- this thread weirds me out. Not sure why we would be making fun of a supreme court justice who is undergoing cancer treatment. Seems like a low blow.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Chrisoc13 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm Glad she's recovering. Hope she is doing well.

Also side note- this thread weirds me out. Not sure why we would be making fun of a supreme court justice who is undergoing cancer treatment. Seems like a low blow.
Oh, you didn't notice who started the thread?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Chrisoc13 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm Glad she's recovering. Hope she is doing well.

This thread is about pointing out mainstream media bias. I don't see where I've made fun of RBG here, but if that's the spin y'all want go ahead. em2nought bad, orange man bad, blah, blah, blah.
Stop funding for NPR
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Also, she scares the living hell out of people like you. An intelligent woman!? Egads!
He won. Period.