6%
warglelbargle
6%

Total votes: 16

GreenGoo

Would Clinton be removed from office today

Post by GreenGoo »

Time displacement thought experiment.

Would Clinton be removed from office today, in the era of #metoo, if everything had played out exactly as it did, but in today's climate?
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Re: Would Clinton be Impeached

Post by Holman »

I'm not deeply read in the Clinton-Lewinski affair, but AFAIK although there was obviously a power disparity in the relationship, there has never been any hint that Clinton pressured Lewinsky in any way. She seemed to be very interested in pursuing intimacy.

But of course he would be impeached. He was impeached the first time, and that was without #MeToo.

If you mean "Would Clinton be removed from office," that depends on which party controlled the Senate, and nothing else.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Re: Would Clinton be Impeached

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm I'm not deeply read in the Clinton-Lewinski affair, but AFAIK although there was obviously a power disparity in the relationship, there has never been any hint that Clinton pressured Lewinsky in any way. She seemed to be very interested in pursuing intimacy.

But of course he would be impeached. He was impeached the first time, and that was without #MeToo.

If you mean "Would Clinton be removed from office," that depends on which party controlled the Senate, and nothing else.
Damn it, you're correct, and I knew that. Let me edit.
Jaymann

Re: Would Clinton be removed from office today

Post by Jaymann »

Ha ha I thought you meant would Hillary Clinton be removed if she had been elected and investigated like Trump. :lol:
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:18 pm Ha ha I thought you meant would Hillary Clinton be removed if she had been elected and investigated like Trump. :lol:
:D

I did not do that intentionally.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Imma go with No, because the nation today is a partisan powder keg, and that would set it off. Plus, one of the few things Republicans would hate more than President Clinton is President Gore.

But I could as easily make an argument for Yes. Democrats have a hypocritical weakness for moral righteousness, and it's not hard to imagine enough D senators turning on their own.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Kraken wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:54 pm Imma go with No, because the nation today is a partisan powder keg, and that would set it off.
Is it though?

Would the Dems revolt? They seem to enforce the "rules" on their own more than anyone else, as you say.

What sort of powder keg are you imagining here?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:41 pm
Kraken wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:54 pm Imma go with No, because the nation today is a partisan powder keg, and that would set it off.
Is it though?

Would the Dems revolt? They seem to enforce the "rules" on their own more than anyone else, as you say.

What sort of powder keg are you imagining here?
Well...I dunno exactly. I mean, we all know how Trump's base would react if he were removed. Shootings and bombings galore. The D base is harder to characterize, and they would not be as invested in Clinton, assuming he would still be the same old establishment compromiser. The D base just recently refused to get behind one of those...plus he's a slimeball, and Ds don't love their slimeballs the way Rs do. It's hard to imagine anyone getting passionately behind him. So maybe Dems would just react with "eh, whatever." But they do love to march and wave signs, so there's probably be a lot of that.

Now if we were talking about Bernie, or Beto, or somebody else inspirational, that might set off the Dems. Is their lunatic fringe as large and potentially violent as the Rs? I don't think so, but IDK.

I think I'm talking myself into changing my vote to Yes.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

He should of been. Most can care less if he is having affairs. To lie under oath and to the public means he could have or most likely was compromised. There was no reason for him to lie the way he did.

Ask a girl friend or wife if getting a blow job from some one else is considered sexual relations!
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kraken wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:54 pm Plus, one of the few things Republicans would hate more than President Clinton is President Gore.
Never was bothered by "Bill" Clinton himself. He could switch parties to run against the lunatics you're fielding now and I'd probably vote for him. ;) Assuming one of you fanatics shot Trump. :wink:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

UsulofDoom wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 am He should of been. Most can care less if he is having affairs. To lie under oath and to the public means he could have or most likely was compromised. There was no reason for him to lie the way he did.
Just to be sure, we're still talking about Clinton and haven't switched to Trump, right?
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

This actually has me thinking yes, because the GOP is more about pwning the libs than what's right for the country (probably 2-3x as much as 20 years ago).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.