Re: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Post by hepcat »

From the replies to that tweet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:26 pm He's written numerous things on twitter that would have sunk a normal politician. But Trumpies and the GOP in general sold their souls the moment they backed him. He could eat a puppy on live TV and it wouldn't make them blink at this point. Fox news opinion shills would just ask if he used any salt, because that would be bad for his health.
I'm not talking about him saying saying something inappropriate that should be bad PR. I'm talking about him blurting out something that could be used as evidence of his corruption in court (or in congress.) IE - accidentally testifying against himself.

The suspect is in the interrogation room, angrily ranting about the crime he was accused of - voluntarily. If you keep him going on long enough, he'll slip up and convict himself.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yes, hearing him blurt out the "You're goddamn right I did!" code-red equivalent would be epic. Given his ego, it's certainly possible.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

From tweeting out classified information (which he's done more than once), to threatening a civil war if he gets impeached, I would say he has a history of tweeting out more than a few things that would have seen a normal politician in hot water.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:21 pm I've got this funny little wish in the back of my mind. Sort of an ideal outcome.

That little dream is that people keep taunting him, and he keeps mouthing off on Twitter, and in the end, something he says on Twitter is submitted as evidence and sinks him.

Trump's 'civil war' quote tweet is actually grounds for impeachment, says Harvard Law prof
"This tweet is itself an independent basis for impeachment - a sitting president threatening civil war if Congress exercises its constitutionally authorized power," Coates wrote on Twitter on Monday.'
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

A lot of his enragement stems back to Obama. Obama helped create this monster when he taunted Trump that he (Obama) was one thing that Trump would never be: President. Trump showed him by not only becoming President, but also undoing many of Obama's programs, just out of spite. Now he is faced with becoming the most disgraced President in history, possibly even being removed from office. He cannot stand the bitter pill of Obama getting the last laugh.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

The Trump administration is openly trying to find out the identity of the whistle blower. Throw another outrage on the impeachment pile.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Traitor...patriot...they have a lot of the same letters. Maybe we need "traitriot".
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Trump admitted it well before the actual transcript:
Trumpster Fire wrote:“The conversation I had was largely congratulatory. It was largely corruption—all of the corruption taking place. It was largely the fact that we don’t want our people, like Vice President Biden and his son, creating to [sic] the corruption already in the Ukraine,” Trump said.
He's literally admitted MOST of the shit he's done either in news clips or on Twitter and it's not like it's done much good up to this point.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yeah - he isn't shy. More than half the trouble probably comes down him not understanding the ethical issues and necessary limits to Presidential power. Not surprising since he was a dangerously incompetent choice. And let's be real he wasn't going to learn on the job because of Dunning-Kruger and narcissism.

At some point, I think why it hasn't affected him is that he controls the news cycle through his endless crises and the complete degradation of the GOP. This one is different because the story is obviously wrong, it has a clear narrative, and that helps the Democrats because finally they had something land in their laps that doesn't depend on them being competent messengers. They just need to deliver. If they are halfway smart this will be something they can lean on extensively in a lot of borderline elections.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:37 pm
Here's Mitch McConnell on CNBC saying that if the House passes articles of impeachment, "under the Senate rules we're required to take it up ... I would have no choice but to take it up. How long we're on it is a whole different matter."
A little confusing, though.

How long they're on it will be up to John Roberts, who'll be presiding over the trial. Roberts is a lot of conservative things, but he doesn't seem to be a true-believing Trumper.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Boy, it sure is a good thing that this Ukraine situation is totally unique and not something that Trump has tried with other foreign leaders.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Now that they have evidence of two calls - they need to demand the rest - and when the WH doesn't deliver they'll add it to the articles. Clearly the leaking is beginning to expand and I expect other shoes are going to drop this week.

---

On a separate note - Pompeo was asked on ABC about phone call with the Ukrainian President. He claimed that he had only seen the report they had just given him. WSJ and CNN are reporting that Pompeo was present *for the call* with Zelensky. The Secretary of State caught red-handed lying - what a disgrace - his career deserves to be over now as well.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:14 pm On a separate note - Pompeo was asked on ABC about phone call with the Ukrainian President. He claimed that he had only seen the report they had just given him. WSJ and CNN are reporting that Pompeo was present *for the call* with Zelensky. The Secretary of State caught red-handed lying - what a disgrace - his career deserves to be over now as well.
Came to post this, and an additional interesting bit that now has more context.

Now we know Mike Pompeo was listening into Trump's Ukraine extortion call (per WSJ).

Weirdly, he pretended not to know what Trump said on the Ukraine call when he was asked about it directly on TV a week ago, basically lying to @MarthaRaddatz.
Imagine the additional damage these people could do if they were even the slightest bit competent. Silver lining, I suppose.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:25 pm Imagine the additional damage these people could do if they were even the slightest bit competent. Silver lining, I suppose.
Imagine the additional damage these people could do if Dems hadn't won the House in 2018 and Republicans still controlled the committees.

Thank God for the 2018 Blue Wave. We'd be staring at the end of the American Republic without it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm trying to follow the news, and it sounds like both Pompeo and Barr have separately been revealed as cover-up stooges within like the last 45 minutes?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yes.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Barr apparently has been meeting with foreign governments to try to get them to discredit the origins of the Mueller report. :grund: Guiliani may officially be Trump's lawyer, but Barr is certainly acting the part.
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

If there was ever any doubt as to how the Empire in Star Wars could accumulate so much support, we're seeing it live in action now. The hate is strong, and gives them a binding agent to keep their agenda flowing forward, even if they don't all agree on the finer points. The overall goal seems to be "the evisceration of democracy and the installment of a single-party system"
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

McConnell said they'd take it up. He also said they wouldn't pass it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:18 am McConnell said they'd take it up. He also said they wouldn't pass it.
He essentially said that if forced by law, he'd follow the law. Give the man a gold star!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm waiting for Pence to start wearing a fake mustache, dye his hair black and tell everyone he sees in the White House that he's not Mike Pence, he's Michael Penzo, a temp stenographer from Pittsburgh. At some point, he'll probably just slip out of the WH under the cover of dark and start a new life somewhere else.
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LOL:

Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:31 am LOL:

No, he didn't.

But he did pin this tweet...

...as well as go nuts on the whistleblower having bad data again.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:35 am

No, he didn't.
It's a bot underneath so he did at some point. It is more likely he didn't pick up on the sarcasm and liked it...until someone fixed the glitch. :lol:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

That bot account collects everything Trump, his family, and closest associates do on Twitter. It's accurate as of when it happened.

It's very likely that he liked the tweet, then unliked it when he (or someone smarter than him) realized what it meant.

Damn, beaten by malchior.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 am

No, he didn't.
It's a bot underneath so he did at some point. It is more likely he didn't pick up on the sarcasm and liked it...until someone fixed the glitch. :lol:
That'd be weird. His account shows 0 likes since 2013. So is his typical MO to like and immediately unlike a tweet?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 am
malchior wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 am

No, he didn't.
That'd be weird. His account shows 0 likes since 2013. So is his typical MO to like and immediately unlike a tweet?
Right - but that doesn't mean he didn't do it accidentally. :)
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Kraken wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:33 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:25 am Trump's not going to be thrown out of office. He has too much support.
Jeff Flake said that at least 35 GOP senators would vote to convict, if they had a secret ballot. Trump is widely hated and keeps his support through fear and intimidation. If the dam cracks, that sucker gonna burst in a hurry.
Comments like this reinforce my belief that Senate votes on whether to convict or acquit on a charge of impeachment should be temporarily secret, and released either ten years after the date of the vote or upon the departure from the Senate of a voting member, whichever comes first. I think we'd get bolder, more honest votes that way.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 am
Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 am That'd be weird. His account shows 0 likes since 2013. So is his typical MO to like and immediately unlike a tweet?
Right - but that doesn't mean he didn't do it accidentally. :)
I totally agree. The part I'm having trouble with is that apparently he's been liking-then-unliking for the past 6+ years 100% competently. Without leaving a single mistake up. It's difficult for me to buy that level of perfection from DJT.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:35 am But he did pin this tweet...

Setting aside how terrifying a stance that is for him to take, let's go ahead and adjust that map for population density:

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Or, you know, for the fact that a county being red doesn't automatically imply that its residents are totes on board with Trump's recent activity. (Granted, a much higher-than-is-acceptable perccentage probably are.)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Oh good, we've reached the "it's perfectly OK to commit crimes if you have enough cult members" stage of things.

That's fun.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The thing is, it's likely more of them get to keep their jobs come election time if Trump isn't on the ballot. Are they afraid someone more deplorable than themselves can swoop in and take their job away campaigning how THEY are a more wretched person than the incumbent?
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

I haven't compared it myself, but I keep seeing posts that that's not even the real 2016 map.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:48 am I haven't compared it myself, but I keep seeing posts that that's not even the real 2016 map.
Results by county, according to Wikipedia:
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm beginning to see why Pompeo is part of Trump's inner circle:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”

The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”
Maybe next year, maybe no go
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

wonderpug wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 am
Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:35 am But he did pin this tweet...

Setting aside how terrifying a stance that is for him to take, let's go ahead and adjust that map for population density:

We could adjust the map for rounds of ammo owned per individual also. :ninja:
Stop funding for NPR
Holman

Post by Holman »

Yeah, that sounds like something a lover of liberty rather than violent coercion would say.