Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

The Trump Impeachment Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

pr0ner

Re: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Post by pr0ner »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:06 pm
Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:39 am
Little Raven wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:58 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 pm
Authorities seized 1,000 rounds of rifle ammunition, 2,000 rounds of shotgun ammo, 75 “military-style” combat knives, two hatchets and two swords from the home
Yes, but were they curved swords?
Hodor.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:31 am I read somewhere else that it's helpful to think of these two new QAnon reps as what they actually are: actors.

They weren't elected to actually create policy (although their votes will push bad policy along) or do anything to legitimately help their constituents. Their primary function is to act as wind-up "OUTRAGE!" machines. Wind them up and point them at the nearest camera to say the lines and create soundbites of whatever batshit GOP talking point is top of mind that day.

I expect that they will continue to gain an outsized portion of the media spotlight (they're both exceedingly good at being attention whores) while the rest of the GOP will mostly just try to ignore them rather than actively speaking out against them. I doubt they necessarily gain any traction, but we'll always hear exactly what their monumentally stupid take is on any given topic for the next few years.
Again, why is it that we have to give these kooks the media coverage they are so desperately after? If the media could just relent from waiting with baited breath for the next outrageous thing done by Greene or Boebert, and if they could stop hanging on every word that comes out of their stupid mouths, we'd be so much better off.

Yes, it was important to cover the fact that the GOP now has two certified members of the lunatic fringe representing it in Congress. Yes some investigation was merited into how and why their constituents voted for these two loons. But now? What's the point. We all know they're there. We all know they are crazy. Is it really news that two crazy people are acting like crazy people? Stop reporting on all the crazy and starve them of oxygen, or at least minimize their exposure and harm.
The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it -- John Gilmore
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Amen. They do it because it gets views and sells papers. But I wish they'd stop.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:39 am
Little Raven wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:58 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 pmWell, except for the ones who have been actively conspiring to commit acts of insurrection but didn't make it to DC on the 6th. :coffee:
I suspect that's a pretty small number.
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean the Feds aren't coming for them.

'Dead men can’t pass shit laws': Queens Proud Boy busted with ammo stockpile
A far-right extremist arrested for stockpiling thousands of rounds of ammo inside his Middle Village home encouraged the murder of U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock and liberal politicians throughout “target-rich” New York, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
He was arrested for being a felon in possession of [any amount of] ammo. Not for a "stockpile". When you go through 200+ rounds on any given range day and can save over 50% buying in bulk, 2000 rounds isn't a stockpile, it's smart shopping.

Unless, of course, you are legally barred from possession.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pmWhen you go through 200+ rounds on any given range day and can save over 50% buying in bulk, 2000 rounds isn't a stockpile, it's smart shopping.
Non-gun owners see a number over 50 and think "Holy Shit!" but you're entirely right. A fun day at the range can burn several boxes of 50 rounds. 2000 sounds like a lot in normal-speke.

It's more like comparing the guy who buys a liter of soda to someone who buys four 12-packs of soda when it's on sale.
Black Lives Matter

"This free trial of 2021 sucks. I want to unsubscribe"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Bah, the ammo was just for skirmishing until he could get in range and dual wield those curved swords.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

All of which is true, but I'm genuinely curious about the 75 combat knives.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

General Grievous would like to know your location.
Black lives matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The real question, to me, is whether the FBI rolled up to his door because they were tipped off about his tiny-but-illegal cache of ammunition, or did they find the ammunition after rolling up to his door because he was on Parler talking sedition and murder? I'm inclined to believe the latter, but it doesn't seem to be spelled out in the reporting I've seen so far.
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Kurth wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:55 pm If the media could just relent from waiting with baited breath for the next outrageous thing done by Greene or Boebert, and if they could stop hanging on every word that comes out of their stupid mouths, we'd be so much better off.

Yes, it was important to cover the fact that the GOP now has two certified members of the lunatic fringe representing it in Congress. Yes some investigation was merited into how and why their constituents voted for these two loons. But now? What's the point. We all know they're there. We all know they are crazy. Is it really news that two crazy people are acting like crazy people? Stop reporting on all the crazy and starve them of oxygen, or at least minimize their exposure and harm.
While I agree that we should largely just ignore the morons, they are going to get a megaphone piped directly to the ears of the derpers (via Newsmax, Fox News, and OANN) regardless of what any other media outlets choose to do.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Black lives matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 pm The real question, to me, is whether the FBI rolled up to his door because they were tipped off about his tiny-but-illegal cache of ammunition, or did they find the ammunition after rolling up to his door because he was on Parler talking sedition and murder? I'm inclined to believe the latter, but it doesn't seem to be spelled out in the reporting I've seen so far.
I suspect his neighbors reported him when they saw him in his backyard slashing at practice dummies.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter