It's the economy, stupid. Or the stupid economy.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: It's the economy, stupid. Or the stupid economy.

Post by Smoove_B »

Just wait until the media picks up on Trump's push to close Mexico border now due to fear of virus coming in from southern border. Spoiler: It's not coming in from Mexico.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 pm FFS. Apparently every crisis now requires a dividend to be paid to plutocrats. The wealthy really have it hard in this nation. They mention a payroll tax cut but let's not be surprised when it either is a tiny cut or vanishes altogether.

Like it wasn't obvious.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It would be pretty much impossible for him to get another tax cut through now no? The way things are going he will get lucky and this will blow over without impacting a ton of people. I guess I should hope for that, but he has to go. I saw someone today post on FB how him and Reagan are the best presidents ever... Seriously Reagan pretty much killed the middle class. I don't get how people in the middle can keep on getting suckered by these idiots.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Holman

Post by Holman »

Octavious wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:10 pm It would be pretty much impossible for him to get another tax cut through now no? The way things are going he will get lucky and this will blow over without impacting a ton of people. I guess I should hope for that, but he has to go. I saw someone today post on FB how him and Reagan are the best presidents ever... Seriously Reagan pretty much killed the middle class. I don't get how people in the middle can keep on getting suckered by these idiots.
Trump is doing it the same way Reagan did: distribute the wealth upwards while slashing the social safety net. The middle class looks down and says "things are getting tighter, but at least those slackers below me ain't getting no more free ride."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:10 pm It would be pretty much impossible for him to get another tax cut through now no?
He can say whatever he wants. If he promises a cut or a Corona Rebate he doesn't have to deliver. But if he really wants to deliver I'm sure he'll find a way.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT