The Trump Impeachment Reprisal Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: The Trump Impeachment Reprisal Thread

Post by Unagi »

malchior wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:40 pm This sounds super plausible. Also the main tweet is another twist on this post-modern horror show - btw its also illegal not that it matters anymore.

Trump said he saw Vindman’s actions as “very insubordinate” and claimed that when Vindman was removed from the White House “many people in the building started applauding.”
Trump says he's considering blocking administration officials from listening to his phone calls with foreign leaders
Could the applause have been akin to the kind of applause that's given an athlete that's injured by the game and is forced to leave?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Or like when the emperor reveals his new clothes.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

The doctor who led the federal agency involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday that he was removed from his post after he pressed for a rigorous vetting of a coronavirus treatment embraced by President Trump. The doctor said that science, not “politics and cronyism” must lead the way.

Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/c ... erage.html
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Non paywalled version. Though it is CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics ... index.html
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scientists thwarted by the GOP need to go political.

Normally that hasn't been necessary, but we're in a new Old World now. They're not Jane Goodall or Jonas Salk; they're Galileo.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's sad but luckily he'll be protected by vigorous whistle blower protections and the office of the HHS IG will feel secure in doing their duties impartially. Especially since Trump claims to have no knowledge of this. This really seems like it is on the up and up.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Wait until he fires Kushner. "Don't know him. We're not there close. I have a daughter? Who knew?"
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This should be...interesting.

Alexander S. Vindman
On Monday I will break my silence in an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt. I hope you are able to tune in.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I failed to watch it, but the only big quote I kept seeing was just that he said he is 'now a never Trumper', which I found to be an unfortunate 'only take away' from the interview.

I assume there was more - but it didn't make headlines.

'break my silence' had me a little excited.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My guess is that all the Woodward audio being shared and the general promotion of the book drowned out anything Lt. Col Vindman could have added at this point.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:59 pm I failed to watch it, but the only big quote I kept seeing was just that he said he is 'now a never Trumper', which I found to be an unfortunate 'only take away' from the interview.

Well, he has already testified. Unlike certain people, he probably wasn't holding back any revelations for media purposes.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:30 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:59 pm I failed to watch it, but the only big quote I kept seeing was just that he said he is 'now a never Trumper', which I found to be an unfortunate 'only take away' from the interview.

Well, he has already testified. Unlike certain people, he probably wasn't holding back any revelations for media purposes.
Well sure, yeah.

But I’m just going by his own tweet saying that he was ‘going to break his silence’.

Doesn’t that imply something ?

(Obviously, it was perhaps an effort to boost viewership, perhaps he was obligated to advertise for the show...)